hulika

Author Topic: Dec 01, 1951  (Read 1256 times)

Offline purplehaze

Dec 01, 1951
« on: November 24, 2006, 10:33:26 AM »
Hi Guys..
This Dec 01, 2006 Rock Ola Cafe (Formerly Penguin Gallery and Cafe) will have an open jam session to commemorate the b-day of one bassist born Dec 01, 1951 named John Francis Pastorius III or simply Jaco to his fans. After Jaco, the bass guitar sound will never be the same.

The event will be an all night tribute (i hope so) consisting of live music, open jam and CD's to commemorate the birth of this player extraordaire. Bring you bass, guitars, or even CD's (as I might run out of CD's to play but no pirated please), Lets listen, play and get intoxicated to his music.

Rock Ola Cafe (formerly Penguin Cafe/Gallery) is located at 604 Remedios St. Malate Manila. It is just around the Remedios Cirle.

Thanks!

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Dec 01, 1951
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2006, 07:04:07 AM »
Just caught this message! I hope that you guys get to do a lot of Jaco tunes (or tributes to Jaco solos) that evening. Portrait of Tracy, A Remark You Made, The Chicken, etc.  - doing a Jaco solo note for note is one time where "plakado" is not a bad word as it pays more tributes to the man's genius improvisations. (Just like sax players playing transcriptions of Charlie Parker solos).

I still remember watching Colby de la Calzada perform Jaco's "Teen Town" (from Weather Report's "Heavy Weather" and those bass runs sent chills up my spine.

Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom