hulika

Author Topic: speaker break in or audio perception and other audio myths  (Read 851 times)

Offline alalala

• Veteran Member
speaker break in or audio perception and other audio myths
« on: August 24, 2014, 04:25:53 PM »
I bought a pair of brand new monitors the other day and when i fired them up for testing, i was somewhat disappointed on the harshness of the audio output compared to my old monitors, then I remembered that they needed a break in period for everything to loosen up and adjust into place, after sometime, I noticed that they started to sound softer, warmer and more pleasing to the ear. I begun wondering if it was really the breaking in that did it. I somewhat got the itch to find out the truth once and for all ( I know speakers do break in as they are mechanical in nature, but I wanted to know if the audio characteristics really do change after breaking in).
Was it really because the monitors started to loosen up or was it my hearing that has started to get accustomed to the new monitors? Then I tried looked this up on some articles and found this clip it is quite long and precise:
Funny, after watching the clip, my perception of speaker break ins or other audio myths has somewhat been altered, even if my brain insists on contradicting.
We do electrics,acoustics, and basses:electronics/body repairs, refrets/fretboard recond. and custom graphics/airbrush painting/refinishing, 4304394/09156538433 http://www.facebook.com/al11011957