hulika

Author Topic: Great Guitar Tone and why it is Universal and NOT kanya kanya lang  (Read 41970 times)

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Great Guitar Tone and why it is Universal and NOT kanya kanya lang
« Reply #200 on: August 12, 2015, 09:09:40 PM »
Ang Tone ay inimbento ng matatalino para pagtalunan ng mga ta.n.ga.

Ito ang paboritong statement ng mga bingi kasi hindi nila marinig ang Tone at kulang sila sa Talino para maintindihan ang Tone.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #201 on: August 12, 2015, 09:12:55 PM »

A guitar no matter what price range either has it or has not. Ok ako jan. just as long as im not funneled into your mindset that ONLY and NOT kanya kanya coz it is kanya kanya. Also UNIVERSAL quest for tone but the FORMULA varies.

Peace out.

Well I can prove Hiyaw in different configurations of solid body guitars (which for me is the kanya kanya part) BUT the more important part is the UNIVERSAL existence of Hiyaw.  I don't mean that it exists is ALL guitars but I mean that it separates the great guitars from the lousy ones.

Unfortunately, it is occurs rarely.

Offline officebiker

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #202 on: August 13, 2015, 06:16:06 AM »
Ito ang paboritong statement ng mga bingi kasi hindi nila marinig ang Tone at kulang sila sa Talino para maintindihan ang Tone.
Bingi agad? Di ba pwedeng wala muna pera? haha
If you feel offended, post your grievances using a phone made by a 10 year old in China.

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #203 on: August 13, 2015, 08:41:33 AM »
Ang Tone ay inimbento ng matatalino para pagtalunan ng mga ta.n.ga.

Actually, ang tone ay inimbento ng mga marketers para pagtalunan ng mga audio engineers  :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #204 on: August 13, 2015, 09:29:42 AM »
Bingi agad? Di ba pwedeng wala muna pera? haha

Now that you put it that way, mukhang mas ok nga na walang pera muna kaysa bingi.  :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 12:36:09 PM by firemodel55 »

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #205 on: August 13, 2015, 11:24:59 AM »
I don't have the scratch for expensive instruments, but if we're talking about tone we have to remove all biases, this means let's not get into what is subjectively pleasing or whatnot or dismiss things we can't afford. Hiyaw is a thing that exists, and while we have NO canonical definition for it as it is, here's some observations I've picked up over time from sources OTHER THAN FM55. Sana wala nang personalan, guys. We're talking about objective qualities inherent in the guitars themselves. Nothing to do about your favorite musicians, or the guitars you use.

Harmonic content
- Some pieces of wood have a character that others do not. ALL pieces of wood, even from the same tree, resonate differently and sound different from each other. Some blanks accentuate certain frequencies. Others accentuate all the "right" ones. I'm sure Paengkee (if he still posts here) has something to say about this given his audio background. It's not really a linear scale, but the mix of frequencies could range from horrible to absolutely pleasing.

- There is truth to be found in FM55's idea of universally pleasing tone, and psychoacoustics can back that up. To which extent, I'll be looking into.

Dimensionality
- I'm sure many of you have heard the term "airiness", even for solid bodied guitars. While I feel this may be somewhat related to the accentuation of the "right" frequencies (which I'll get back into once I review that psychoacoustic crap), only a select number of these "good" sounding guitars have THAT dimensionality. This is another wood-related thing.

Price and production scale
- While there are MANY instances of "cheaper" or "more accessible" guitars being more pleasing than expensive guitars, one has to understand that with bigger production numbers, you're a bigger slave to the luck of the draw unless you pay the premium for someone to actually source good sounding wood (real top-tier luthiers can tell the difference a lot of the time). Because of the scale of production and the time/quality/attention involved, prices shoot up. Don't be surprised if more expensive guitars are better on average.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 11:58:47 AM by treblinkalovescene »
Offset guitars for life.

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #206 on: August 13, 2015, 12:25:23 PM »
Just wanna subscribe.. my first post again after a long while of lurking.. found a thread that is interesting! Of course nothing is more interesting than with fm55 in it.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #207 on: August 13, 2015, 12:42:45 PM »
Just wanna subscribe.. my first post again after a long while of lurking.. found a thread that is interesting! Of course nothing is more interesting than with fm55 in it.

I just want to say that I want you guys to own BETTER guitars than the crap that companies sell and market to you guys.  When I spoke to the production manager of a well known USA made guitar, I asked him; surely you guys know that you can produce an exceptional sounding guitar.
How come the new stuff just are above average.  He spoke back to me and told me that they would rather produce 80 above average guitars rather than one exceptional guitar and 99 below average guitars.

He continued on with his story.  Since we are relatively new with our acoustic line in which the processes are not as much in control and determined as our years of experience in our solid body electric line, we are surprised and so is the founder when we sometimes produce an acoustic that makes him cry.

Go figure...

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #208 on: August 14, 2015, 10:51:14 AM »
PRS ba yan lol :)

I have played several PRS acoustics and they are just average...
The only consistent builders I have came across so far are Jim Olson, Kevin Ryan, and Rod Schenk... they use CNC... their guitars have all been exceptional.
Ervin Somogyi, though my favorite luthier of all time, have consistency issues... he did a lot of experimentation... so his guitars do vary in tone depending on the era.
The Somogyi guitars I kept are just 4 serial numbers apart... the best 2 of the 7 I owned...
I continue to buy them hoping I get a Jumbo similar to the one I played in Japan 6 years ago... probably the best acoustic I have tried... was just crazy expensive even w/ all the wear and dinks...
 :)

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #209 on: August 14, 2015, 11:00:55 AM »
I just want to say that I want you guys to own BETTER guitars than the crap that companies sell and market to you guys.  When I spoke to the production manager of a well known USA made guitar, I asked him; surely you guys know that you can produce an exceptional sounding guitar.
How come the new stuff just are above average.  He spoke back to me and told me that they would rather produce 80 above average guitars rather than one exceptional guitar and 99 below average guitars.

He continued on with his story.  Since we are relatively new with our acoustic line in which the processes are not as much in control and determined as our years of experience in our solid body electric line, we are surprised and so is the founder when we sometimes produce an acoustic that makes him cry.

Go figure...
I agree with you, there are better guitars that we can own. But it's really a matter of whether you really want to own it. In my case, i have okay guitars that does the job. Can pull a six figure priced guitar but bought a good synth/keys instead..

But time will come i will get an itch on guitars again and will remember this thread.

Though im wanting an EBMM guitar just because i havent had that guitar, and i want one with piezo.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 08:07:55 PM by pitongjerome »
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #210 on: August 15, 2015, 11:25:50 AM »
Curious lang, Alex: yung Yaron ba na nakita ko kay Arie may hiyaw ba?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #211 on: August 16, 2015, 11:58:53 AM »
Curious lang, Alex: yung Yaron ba na nakita ko kay Arie may hiyaw ba?

If its my Yaron, yes it has.  But of all my guitars, my Baker firemodel 55 remains to have the most hiyaw.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Great Guitar Tone and why it is Universal and NOT kanya kanya lang
« Reply #212 on: August 17, 2015, 06:10:34 AM »
I see. More than the hiyaw, I loved the playability and weight factor of that thing. Perhaps this is a case of hiyaw not being everything there is to a great guitar? We're on the same page here, don't get me wrong, it just might be that there are other things that we consider in a guitar when we shop for one, and the weighting of the criteria is different for each person regardless of the situation.

Also, patry ng Yaron na amplified, LOL.

Offline gitaristadaw

« Reply #213 on: August 17, 2015, 07:27:18 AM »
Dapat sumali dito si Carlo Valle!  :-D

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #214 on: August 17, 2015, 08:30:29 AM »
Dapat sumali dito si Carlo Valle!  :-D

It would be interesting to read Carlo's views on hiyaw :-)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 09:15:04 AM by royc »

Offline chipsdelight

« Reply #215 on: August 17, 2015, 09:33:36 AM »
It would be interesting to read Carlo's views on hiyaw :-)
Hiyaw is in the pinggerz sasabihin nyan.

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #216 on: August 17, 2015, 11:19:58 AM »
Hiyaw is in the pinggerz sasabihin nyan.

hampasin mo ng martilyo yung fingers tingnan natin kung walang pang hiyaw yan  :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline chipsdelight

« Reply #217 on: August 17, 2015, 12:52:29 PM »
hampasin mo ng martilyo yung fingers tingnan natin kung walang pang hiyaw yan  :lol:

:lol:.. Yan ang hiyaw na totoo at hindi na kailangan ng feelings o ng matagal na experience sa amps at gitara.

Offline chernandez1

« Reply #218 on: August 17, 2015, 01:14:26 PM »
Excited ako dun sa guitar hunt kung itutuloy ni Firemodel55. :D
If there are encounters, there are partings as well

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #219 on: August 17, 2015, 07:39:26 PM »
Who's Carlo Valle?

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #220 on: August 18, 2015, 06:22:09 AM »
Who's Carlo Valle?

kumbaga sa Philmusic, once in a while may interesting and emotional topic...where many participate and conversations end up highly charged.

siya naman yung point of focus ng ganung mga interesting topics sa isang page sa facebook.

marami sa mga members dito ay naroon din.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:27:10 AM by analog.matt »

Offline royc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #221 on: August 18, 2015, 06:23:59 AM »
Who's Carlo Valle?

Someone who believes that any guitar can sound good. He is active in fb. We disagreed on a lot of things though, specifically on how he defended his beliefs :-)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 07:50:21 AM by royc »

Offline chuck_liddell

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #222 on: August 20, 2015, 07:03:33 AM »
http://www.bgwguitars.com/data/fendercs13.htm

Eto kaya? May hiyaw?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

The Iceman!

Offline BlackandGoldLP

« Reply #223 on: August 20, 2015, 07:20:37 AM »
http://www.bgwguitars.com/data/fendercs13.htm

Eto kaya? May hiyaw?

wow!..............the most expensive strat ever built........doesn't have a trem........

Offline chuck_liddell

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #224 on: August 20, 2015, 07:22:34 AM »
Sarap siguro nyan. Parang ayoko na hawakan pag may ganyan ako. Mas masarap tingnan na lang. Hehe

The Iceman!