hulika

Author Topic: Is an original electric guitar matters than local?  (Read 123788 times)

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Is an original electric guitar matters than local?
« Reply #325 on: December 16, 2009, 05:16:45 PM »

Kikita toits.
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #326 on: December 16, 2009, 07:08:56 PM »
haha. 1st year college pa ko neto. ngaun lam ko na difference. mga mods. paki delete na lang nitong thread. haha. nakakahiya na sa mga HALIMAW ang galing sa gitara e. haha. :evil: :roll:

Hu-Wat !??

Delete one of the defining moments of Guitar Central ??
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline killjom

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #327 on: December 16, 2009, 07:57:42 PM »
Hu-Wat !??

Delete one of the defining moments of Guitar Central ??

Truly is one of the most epic thread here in GC.  :lol:
Fear neither fire nor blood.

Offline AthanVai

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #328 on: December 16, 2009, 08:16:20 PM »

Kikita toits.

I would like to order this tshirt! one small and two XL's!

may question lang ako... would this tshirt matters more if it original more than local?

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #329 on: December 16, 2009, 08:25:33 PM »
Mga sirs, question ulit, lam nio na, noob lang aq. Anu ba lamang ng orig sa local na guitar? Tatak lang ba?

Pls response po ah... thx!

:-D :-D :-D :-D
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline Mr_K

« Reply #330 on: December 16, 2009, 09:23:32 PM »
First of all, better syntax for interrogatives would definitely be good. ;)

Personally, I haven't been a brand person lately. If it works, it works - regardless of the guitar's origin.

me too.. I dont care what it sounds like just as long as I can rock on it  :-D
[

Offline ysei

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #332 on: December 17, 2009, 10:38:48 PM »
Parang "Why miguel band so long---i am concern of him" ng tipidpc.com ang thread na ito ah.  :evil:
On vacation...

Offline Avatarsaint

« Reply #333 on: December 18, 2009, 09:49:19 PM »
para sakin, pickups at fretboards. un lang.
It's not about the skill. It's about the great tone we produce.

Offline giftmones

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #334 on: December 18, 2009, 10:10:59 PM »
napakatgal na pala ng thread na toh..:)

anyway may nabasa akong nag sabi sa isang thread dito sabi nya

wala sa pana yan nasa indian yan,!

tama sya dun hehe
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #335 on: December 19, 2009, 06:15:01 AM »
On the first few pages pasaway pa mga mods bwahahahaha!!!

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #336 on: December 19, 2009, 07:08:15 AM »
Well... I would like to add an update to keep the thread alive.  This thread was started a couple of months after I received my first 'original' guitar which is my Baker#55.  To qualify -- these 'original' guitars I own are the cream of the crop that the USA has to offer so I am not talking about run of the mill mass produced USA made guitars.

As of today I am enjoying my four 'original' USA made guitars and I would like to convey the difference in feeling in owning four killer sounding guitars that will cream 95% of all guitars out there of their associated type versus owning more than a dozen mediocre japanese and USA guitars.

1) These guitars seem to be evolving over time and are worth keeping.  Parang they get get to sound better with age.  I think a lot of people who own locally made guitars outgrow them and actually move back to a USA made Gibson, Fender or PRS later on when they have the cash. 
2) The more you try out the other lesser guitars, the more you realize what makes each of the good sounding USA made guitars special.
3) Initially, I never really thought they looked good in pictures but when they actually arrive they look even better and feel heftier -- it does not feel like plywood.  Compared to a great majority of locally made guitars that look good in pictures but actually look cheap when put up against Baker and Suhr. Local guitars do not impart a hefty feel parang kahoy silang pinilit na maging gitara.  They lack the vibe.
4) They are genuinely a learning experience and example of the best guitars that America can produce and really shows how far off and inferior local guitars are.  Of course, the flipside of the coin is that the prices are far off but you end up with the feeling that you get what you pay for.
5) You realize na 90% of locally made guitars -- ang gumawa ay walang tenga. 
6) Despite their lifetime warranties to the original owner, amazingly walang problema with them e.g. they stay in tune, their necks do not warp, the hardware attachment points are solid, their workmanship does not fall apart, the finish ages and changes beautifully, the only maintenance you need is changing strings.  I am surprised walang issues since they first arrived in Manila.  Local guitars may mga issues that crop up over time.
7) The four guitars never fail to surprise you every time you play...  No kidding.  I do the rotation thing.  And each imparts something that the others cannot but they are all so fun to play. I am not saying this because I own the guitars personally but because its hard for you to form a preferrence.  In the past when I had more than a dozen guitars, I had one or two preferrences.  A super great majority of local guitars sound dead.
8) WOW factor because the brands are not as known and when it creams other Gibson USA or Fender USA guitars it makes the other owners feel insufficient about their ability to hear tone... heh heh LOL.  Eh kung itapat ang local copy ng Fender and Gibson, polite and mga USA owners pero at the back they know you cannot afford.
9) Customer Support... Very knowledgeable ang mga luthier sa USA and mayroon personal touch.  They are not grumpy or mayabang.  Always humble and open minded sila but firm on what works and what does not.
10) And finally the most hedious thing... it makes you crave for more.  I thought that it would solve GAS but apparently it does NOT because now I have access to more cream of the crop guitars which finally opens the doors to various combinations in wood, hardware, body shape, electronics and aesthetics.  My experience with locally made stuff was it was exciting at first because it was so customized and unique but later on it feels like a frankenstein dahil walang experience of hindsight and secondary ang tonal consideration to looks and specifications.  Ang masakit is kung makakuha ka ng cheaper na stock na gitara that beats your custom and it takes a nose dive in value when you place it in the classifieds.

Offline dayuhanspace

« Reply #337 on: December 19, 2009, 12:26:27 PM »
Depends on the guitarist.
My friend Aue who plays for Juan Pablo Dream told me that on their first album
recording,he used a local "Lumanog" hollow body electric which he then erased the logo.
And anytime they have a gig,people from other bands ask him what brand is his guitar.
they said it sounded good.

Offline Mindovermatter

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #338 on: December 19, 2009, 12:31:03 PM »
Truly is one of the most epic thread here in GC.  :lol:

Habol niyo na sa 2009 awards.  :-D  :-D  :-D

Offline sidlead66

• Veteran Member
« Reply #339 on: December 19, 2009, 03:09:07 PM »
alam ko nakapag post na ko dito eh

check nyo video ko..

Fernando Strat to a G2 - :)

pero its true... locally made guitars are not good sounding guitars AT FIRST so... you have to tweak a lot, add a lot of possible FX, takes a lot of courage though... wheew
www.soundclick.com/sidpablo<br /><br />\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Sidlead66\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" on Youtube :)

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #340 on: December 19, 2009, 03:19:46 PM »
Sa mga nagpapagawa ng shirt... sorry, I just made that with a tshirt generator online, and I've yet to think about how to actually have one made :)

Pero to start off... I think si arvie ang owner ng phrase na yun, so arvie, kung sakali, ok lang ba na gawin ko ang shirt na ito for people? I'm asking for your permission. :)
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #341 on: December 20, 2009, 06:59:57 AM »
Depends on the guitarist.
My friend Aue who plays for Juan Pablo Dream told me that on their first album
recording,he used a local "Lumanog" hollow body electric which he then erased the logo.
And anytime they have a gig,people from other bands ask him what brand is his guitar.
they said it sounded good.

Well not to be repetitive, one of my bakers is on the latest Bamboo album on 3 songs.  The engineer at Andy Brauer's studio in L.A. and I think the band reviewed the tracks and preferred the baker's ability to punch thru the mix over the USA strat.  The only reason the Strat was kept because of the tremolo.  I sincerely doubt that the Lumanog would hold versus a Baker.

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #342 on: December 20, 2009, 07:35:44 AM »
local guitars are really good, incredible sustain and really good workmanship.. especially the custom ones.. 
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #343 on: December 20, 2009, 10:00:57 AM »
local guitars are really good, incredible sustain and really good workmanship.. especially the custom ones.. 

This is where I have to disagree with you with the term "REALLY GOOD".  Come over and bring one so I can show you how far off they are.

Offline ioffendpeople

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #344 on: December 20, 2009, 03:49:48 PM »
This is where I have to disagree with you with the term "REALLY GOOD".  Come over and bring one so I can show you how far off they are.

itchybrain

« Reply #345 on: December 20, 2009, 06:38:19 PM »

I really love rice. It so...ummm.. humble.

Offline mac13v

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #346 on: December 20, 2009, 06:43:29 PM »
It really matters, mas ok talaga mga orig sa quality.... pero kahit local o orig, kung ok naman playing mo ok na ok... madami kasi gumagamit ng mga signatured models pero terrible nman guitar playing nila... dba?  :evil:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 11:22:50 PM by mac13v »

Offline ermonski

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #347 on: December 20, 2009, 09:27:40 PM »
It really matters, ms ok tlaga mga orig sa quality.... pero kht local o orig, kng ok nman playing mo ok n ok... mdami kc gumagamit ng mga signatured models pero terrible nman guitar playing nila... dba?  :evil:

haha oo nga.

para sa akin, basta nagustuhan ko yung feel tsaka specs, ok na sa akin.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #348 on: December 20, 2009, 10:50:31 PM »
It really matters, ms ok tlaga mga orig sa quality.... pero kht local o orig, kng ok nman playing mo ok n ok... mdami kc gumagamit ng mga signatured models pero terrible nman guitar playing nila... dba?  :evil:

May nagsabi nga sa akin, kung magpatotoo lang itong mga nagsasabi na its in the hands -- di ibig sabihin niyon kung bumili sila ng gear dapat huwag na nila i-test di ba?  In fact, they turn out to be the harder people to please kasi ang katotohanan mas meticulous pa sila sa pag test at lait ng gear.  Panay specs at itsura.

Tawa nga ako kay Ramon Jacinto dahil sa RJ Jam kung sunday minsan ko siya nahuling nagsasabi na its in the hands pero every sunday may bagong model siya ng electric guitar na ibinebenta.  Lalo na iyung RJ Super Rocker ba iyon na get a tele, get a strat and a les paul all in one guitar -- wala pa ako narinig na gutiar manufacturer sa buong mundo na nag CLAIM ng ganoon .  Akala ko ba sa hands iyon? 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 10:53:28 PM by firemodel55 »

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #349 on: December 20, 2009, 10:55:52 PM »
i saw paul gilbert play an ibanez starter kit and he effin rocks..

anyway, ang skills pwede matakpan ang hindi kagandahang guitar, pero ang pinakamagandang guitar ay hindi matatakpan ang panget na pagtugtog.

pero mas maganda kung magaling kana, maganda pa gitara mo.

pero para sakin din, mas may maipagyayabang ang may skills, kesa puro high end gears lang, pero para sakin, masama parin manlait, whether bad playing or sucky guitar/gear.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones