hulika

Author Topic: Is an original electric guitar matters than local?  (Read 123868 times)

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Is an original electric guitar matters than local?
« Reply #400 on: December 22, 2009, 02:28:12 PM »
3 songs on the album were made on the Baker.  The rest are on a U.S. Strat.  I will identify one song: Nobody knows (observe the lead break starting at time 3:16) -- Notice the harmonic sustain from 4:12-4:17 which was cut short with a slide.

I did not want identify the song again because its really something personal for me that I prefer to know for myself pero maraming makulit for demos.  This is just one side of the Baker#55 and it sounds better in person because thats NOT the only sound it can do. 

arkee's listening to Bamboo's Nobody knows  :lol:

thanks for sharing... i like his tone on this album  :mrgreen:

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #401 on: December 22, 2009, 02:29:59 PM »

because in essence you're saying you're the only one who can pick up a good sounding suhr now? dont kid yourself..you lost as a guitarist now please do better as a musician..

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #402 on: December 22, 2009, 02:45:53 PM »
3 songs on the album were made on the Baker.  The rest are on a U.S. Strat.  I will identify one song: Nobody knows (observe the lead break starting at time 3:16) -- Notice the harmonic sustain from 4:12-4:17 which was cut short with a slide.

I did not want identify the song again because its really something personal for me that I prefer to know for myself pero maraming makulit for demos.  This is just one side of the Baker#55 and it sounds better in person because thats NOT the only sound it can do. 

i'll the other 2 songs,

24/7 and last days on a cruise ship?  :lol:

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #403 on: December 22, 2009, 03:20:41 PM »
because in essence you're saying you're the only one who can pick up a good sounding suhr now? dont kid yourself..you lost as a guitarist now please do better as a musician..

Nope.  I am not saying that I am the only one who can pick a good suhr but you have to pick out a good one.  The suhr guys can.

I have not lost anything even as a guitarist.  Sorry I am NOT a musician yet as you claim to be. Am I suppose the musician as some kind of badge thing?  Man, I'd rather be myself.

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #404 on: December 22, 2009, 03:38:10 PM »
The Baker experience is fully enjoyed first hand and in person.  But if you want a recording, as I said before listen to the current album of Bamboo.

may we listen to your recording? it's because you are claiming that your guitar will beat almost all guitars.. i'm no expert/pro/guitar magazine staff/guitar hero/prodigy but i just wanna hear the difference you are talking about.. the king of all tones..

i remember reading that the player will form a "connection" with that guitar, and there maybe a different connection with bamboo/baker and you/baker..

PS: i cannot record mine for the simple reason that i dont know how, i dont have a recording device and i always play live/bedroom/studios/or anywhere (acoustic guitar)
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #405 on: December 22, 2009, 04:14:54 PM »
may we listen to your recording? it's because you are claiming that your guitar will beat almost all guitars.. i'm no expert/pro/guitar magazine staff/guitar hero/prodigy but i just wanna hear the difference you are talking about.. the king of all tones..

i remember reading that the player will form a "connection" with that guitar, and there maybe a different connection with bamboo/baker and you/baker..

PS: i cannot record mine for the simple reason that i dont know how, i dont have a recording device and i always play live/bedroom/studios/or anywhere (acoustic guitar)

Same here no recording device.  Just come over and bring your guitar... 

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #406 on: December 22, 2009, 04:17:30 PM »
Same here no recording device.  Just come over and bring your guitar... 

more than $10,000  worth of guitars/gears and no recording device??

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #407 on: December 22, 2009, 04:19:06 PM »
Baker and Suhr are gud. But por mi, deyr's samting bayter...

Yu kno?

Knorr Cubes.

Now yu kno.
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #408 on: December 22, 2009, 04:19:48 PM »
more than $10,000  worth of guitars/gears and no recording device??

I could not care about recording...

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #409 on: December 22, 2009, 04:26:49 PM »
I could not care about recording...

okay :-D

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #411 on: December 22, 2009, 04:35:12 PM »

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #412 on: December 22, 2009, 04:39:08 PM »
Merry Christmas!

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #413 on: December 22, 2009, 04:43:01 PM »
 :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #414 on: December 22, 2009, 05:02:49 PM »
naka-score ako nung sunday ng RJ Bluesbreaker LP sa SM Dasma. pretty much a bargain actually. i like bare guitars (no paint whatsoever). bolt-on neck, dot inlays, maple neck, rosewood(?) fretboard (may dye pa yung fretboard eh, wait ko pa mawala yung "powder" coat), 3-piece alder body. not your faithful LP copy in so many ways. tried it on RJ Dasma's Roland amp modeler. quite ok.

went home. tested it again. adjusted the pickup heights. frets arent stainless steel, tuners are obviously cheap (will need replacement), pickups are zebra-PAF lookies.

tone: tight bottom, no screeching highs, very full sound.

"local" guitar huh? did i like it? you bet i did. i compared it to my two other LPs. meh, the other seemed bland for me, pero both are quite price-y (a vintage japanese LP copy and another modern LP make). idk if the downgrade is justifiable, but i intend to keep the local RJ and keep (literally) the other two in their respective softcases.

props to Kuya Epi of RJ Dasma for this baby. :D

and to answer the question: no, an original electric guitar is not matters more than local.

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #415 on: December 22, 2009, 05:04:14 PM »
Am I suppose the musician as some kind of badge thing?

Sorry to be OT, but thank you for keeping with the spirit of this thread. :D
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #416 on: December 22, 2009, 05:35:07 PM »
3 songs on the album were made on the Baker.  The rest are on a U.S. Strat.  I will identify one song: Nobody knows (observe the lead break starting at time 3:16) -- Notice the harmonic sustain from 4:12-4:17 which was cut short with a slide.

wow! at first i was skeptical but now i'm a believer. awesome tone on the baker. congrats!  :-)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 05:37:06 PM by randymarsh »
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #417 on: December 22, 2009, 05:38:37 PM »
wow! at first i was skeptical but now i'm a believer. awesome tone on the baker. congrats!  :-)

teka hindi ko pa mapakinggan yan asa office pako! paki elaborate nga?

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #418 on: December 22, 2009, 05:40:01 PM »
here's the song

you can really hear the wood of the baker in this recording. not much gain dialed on the amp pero still the guitar has a really nice sustain.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 05:42:58 PM by randymarsh »
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #419 on: December 22, 2009, 05:41:30 PM »
here's the song

sa bahay ko pa mapapanood yan pero pakikinggan ko yan mamaya :-D

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #420 on: December 22, 2009, 07:11:02 PM »
here's the song

you can really hear the wood of the baker in this recording. not much gain dialed on the amp pero still the guitar has a really nice sustain.

Actually, mas maganda sa CD.  If I remember correctly, Baker#55 into a zendrive was used straight into a Marshall Super Lead Plexi Reissue head into a 4x12.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #421 on: December 22, 2009, 07:22:05 PM »

Thanks.  Like when I first received this guitar, I was also skeptical because I never heard it before it was sent and had complained about the flames not being as tight. I was too spec minded and failed to focus on its good points immediatley.  Rather, sabi ko kay Cliff Cultreri bakit hindi kasing gandang ng Baker#27 ang flame. Actually, it was Cliff Cultreri who reprimanded me before I ordered the guitar with regards to my 'specifications'.  It basically boiled down to: Do you trust me enough to send a Great Sounding Guitar?  And after complaining about the flame, he basically just said that this was eastern maple and had bigger flames.  Would I be willing to get less tone for the the more tighter maple top like that on #27?  In effect, ang tanong niya is hangang saan mo i-sacrifice ang tone para sa itsura?

This was taken by me to show a certain angle na maganda ang flame.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 08:03:11 PM by firemodel55 »

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #422 on: December 22, 2009, 07:32:52 PM »
Here were the original shots sent to me by Gene Baker before I bought it:

« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 08:03:37 PM by firemodel55 »

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #423 on: December 22, 2009, 07:44:53 PM »
I was whinning so much about the top because I felt that I needed more flame density (kasi naman hindi cheap) despite the fact that this guitar was using old growth honduran mahogany, old growth eastern maple top and old growth brazilian rosewood which seems to look like ebony because it is so dark. All of these were within the specifications of the old bursts and in fact the wood maybe as old as the original bursts.  I was so whinny about it until my close luthier friend put me into place and made me forget about specifications.  He told me to buy the Beauty of Burst and he showed how the old bursts had shown different flame intensities from different angles.  Sabi niya na iyan ang tinatawag na ACTION na mayroon ang mga original bursts na wala halos ang PRS.  Tinanong ng luthier friend ko sa akin kung bakit ko pinipilit na iyong dapat ang specifications eh... halos sinundan niya ang itsura ng kahoy base sa mga original bursts.  I then understood that my specifications were really subordinate to people who really understood -- Gene Baker, Cliff Cultreri and my close luthier friend.  

In the end, I never get to enjoy the flame because I never see it because of the angle but some who have seen the guitar live on stage say that the flame looks beautiful.  

This is an original electric guitar, mayroon bang local na tatapat on all aspects?

I am trying to drive home the point, you can wait forever to never for the local industry to try to catch up with Gene Baker.  But Gene Baker is already doing this two years ago. So, save up is all I can say.  Sayang nga, dahil parang wala ng makuhang brazilian rosewood na magandang tunog sina Gene kaya panay indian rosewood na sila ngayon.  
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 07:48:50 PM by firemodel55 »

Offline AthanVai

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #424 on: December 22, 2009, 08:02:46 PM »
so an original electric guitars matters than local...  8-)

Ok na guys. I-close na ang thread. hehe.