hulika

Author Topic: Is an original electric guitar matters than local?  (Read 123802 times)

Offline clay005

Re: Is an original electric guitar matters than local?
« Reply #475 on: December 23, 2009, 02:20:30 PM »
Ako Rj Users eh..hahaha kasi ok din naman ang tuning.. as in ok lahat. Kahit ung 5 years na rj ko na kinalawang na ok a din ang tunog. bumili din ako ng RJ na LP grabe inggit ung gitarista na kaibigan ko. Ibanez ung kanya eh walang wala ung tunog..hehehe... galing.. tapos ang gamit ko lang effect eh zoom 606. ung kanya 707 II

For preview punta kau sa Site ng band ko. ako ung rhythm dun.

www.lateralties.freei.me

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #476 on: December 23, 2009, 02:34:30 PM »
well this time is not a good time to get one..because the drive to wasau or even la crosse is a dangerous one with all the storms passing through(bringing white death lol), i tested that when i happen to see a S1 alder in GC used, like them plek'd guitars the fretting is consistent(dressing)..so drove to la crosse to a dealership they had the pro, regardless of the nice top it had to my own ears its what i like, it works well for what i do..

i like guitars(whatever brand or make), its not guitars that have the problem..its just people..i dont diss stuff i havent tried, when people do that..thats ignorant, the discussion have been a forever redundant looping statement..but its all good once you point out the real stuff that you always try to prove that some fail to see, its all there..its funny really..

individuality/singularity is what us as humans always wanted whatever race or form..

what i do like are those who are silent and yet when they play..they give the best and inspiring sound,not a note,but overall music..when someone does that, for me it creates influence..to me thats the best way of getting people to listen..

OT: randy hows the warmoth build coming along?
true. no one knows snow driving better than midwest folks. i grew up in chicago and spent a bit of time in Madison at UW and the drive between Mad-town, Milwaukee and Chicago was always horrible during winter. it is true that last winter was bad, I think they got 12-15 inches in Chicago sometime last year and it nearly shut the city to a halt. mind you, i said nearly because people still did regular stuff in 10 inches of snow. on the east coast people are shutting down around the New England area and midwest transplants are like asking,"the hell? its only 4 inches out!" stay safe driving in that snow, man.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #477 on: December 23, 2009, 02:41:02 PM »
@clay, what kind of RJ guitar is yours? i must admit i was surprised with one RJ bolt-on LP i bought last sunday. parang naging bland yung 2 other guitars ko. idk, maybe im in the honeymoon phase pa kaya ganun. happy purchase actually.

Offline clay005

« Reply #478 on: December 23, 2009, 04:59:50 PM »
RJ LP sya pre un lang ung alam ko eh, un in sabi sakin sa RJ store eh. i bought it 9k. solid na pre. dmaing naiingit kahit ung guitar guru dito sa laguna eh gandang ganda hanggang sa bumili sya ng tulad sakin.

Offline LesBol

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #479 on: December 23, 2009, 05:31:40 PM »
RJ LP sya pre un lang ung alam ko eh, un in sabi sakin sa RJ store eh. i bought it 9k. solid na pre. dmaing naiingit kahit ung guitar guru dito sa laguna eh gandang ganda hanggang sa bumili sya ng tulad sakin.

If it's around 9k, that must be the RJ LP Standard. Custom is a little over PHP12K.

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #480 on: December 23, 2009, 06:03:52 PM »

what i do like are those who are silent and yet when they play..they give the best and inspiring sound,not a note,but overall music..when someone does that, for me it creates influence..to me thats the best way of getting people to listen..

this.... matters more than original guitar that matters than local.  :lol:

“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #481 on: December 23, 2009, 06:21:35 PM »
I have my own tone preference bro, but incidentally, it doesn't involve stupidly insane amounts of dough.

yeah I get you, same here. All I'm saying is, the price is all relative to capacity. So if you happen to afford something as esoteric as boutique equipment without actually starving yourself, why deprive yourself? You only live once. On the other hand, some of us arent that blessed so anything more than what we are earning would definitely be impractical, whether we like it or not.
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #482 on: December 26, 2009, 07:09:08 PM »
Level 1 or level 100 it really doesn't matter. If you have a level 100 equipment but has level 1 fingers, will the the guitar really sing in your hands?

It's true that Alex has great gear in his hands. But i'd rather hear it coming from talented musicians who tested Alex's gears than hearing it from Alex. Sorry 'bout that Alex!

I have a friend who personaly tested Alex's SUHR, I believe the guy!
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline ierofan

• Philmusicus Addictus
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

[This signature has been blocked in accordance to RA No. 10175]

Offline niko062

« Reply #484 on: May 01, 2010, 07:07:24 PM »
napaka personal kasi ng instruments eh, xempre kung magaling ka kahit ano gamit mo maganda parin kalalabasan. kung kuntento ka sa gear mo bat ka pa mg papalit? yung frankenstrat ni EVH wala tatak yun, pero naging trademark nya at ng inspire ng madaming generations ng guitarists. pero xempre kung maayos gear mo maaring mg progress ang guitar playing mo, xempre mas madali gamitin naka set up na guitar (locan man o original). sana ndi out of topic yun. cheers!!

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #485 on: May 02, 2010, 12:34:39 AM »
I've heard a lot of blind guitar players play for spare change that uses Raon equipment that can blow some professionals I know na nagbanda para magpapogi - very expensive guitar (parker fly pa iba) with very expensive effects (Boss GT10) that can't play decent rhythm.

RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #486 on: May 02, 2010, 12:43:07 AM »
Actually mas gusto ko pang gamitin itong super local na gitara ko (walang tatak, no serials, basta walang nakasula ni isa) keysa dun sa bc rich ng kabanda ko na sobrang taas ng action. at wala naman difference sa tunog kasi lubog sa distortion.

Offline music_adik_to

• Veteran Member
« Reply #487 on: May 02, 2010, 01:44:02 AM »
 :-D
BOSS GT-10 - Sold to mentee
Traded CoolCat Transparent OD to - bembmd
EHX #1 Echo - Sold to non forumer @ classifieds CoolCat Chorus - Sold to mbsunga DOD EQ - Sold to faroutman Boss DS-1 (BritMod) - Sold to bawalangpork Line6 UX1 - Sold to lindtayl

Offline jem_adriano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #488 on: May 02, 2010, 09:44:02 AM »
a brand is just a brand,a name,a decal.....some which are too overrated lang..

nasa craftsmanship lang talaga

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #489 on: May 02, 2010, 10:54:29 PM »
Whoa, it's aliiiiiiive (yet again) :lol:
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline constipation

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #490 on: May 02, 2010, 10:56:19 PM »
hehe night of the living dead! yehhhhhh rock and roll! :lol:

Offline omarrodriguezvic

• Veteran Member
« Reply #491 on: May 03, 2010, 12:41:37 AM »
nice dig!

Offline kurtseth

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #492 on: May 03, 2010, 12:46:54 AM »
im really flustered about the topic title but what the heck

quality and craftsmanship is what counts

i agree a taylor guitar looks/feels nice but i believe there are other acoustic guitars that could rival the tone/sound without the insane price tag :D

it all boils down to the person himself if he is keen on the brand and he feels that he would somehow be a better guitar player then what the heck right?

personally i prefer lp's

japanese made lp's do it for me

:)

Offline coy_2cute

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #493 on: September 13, 2010, 04:24:23 PM »
back read mode! this thread never ceased to entertain me! :lol:
Session Bassist here! Doing bass duties for Pulsera, •Rael• and The Very First Hey! Hire me! I'm Available!

Offline the count

« Reply #494 on: September 13, 2010, 08:42:12 PM »
IMHO it's actually the sound... although cheap guitars have poor parts, bad pickups, bad fretwork etc & etc. pero yung sound talaga! hindi yung brand. kahit na local or usa pa yan... :)

actually  my plan is after na makuha ko strat ko, lilibot ako sa raon, megamall, sta mesa, at kung saan saan para mag hanap ng strat na maski 2nd hand local or imported doesn't matter... kahit bulok bulok basta kapag naandun yung tunog na swak na hinahanap ko ;) HULI KA BALBON! hehehe... isa lang ang bagsak nian "restoration sa favorite kong luthier"....

with only one exemption dapat naman hindi plywood yung body... basta dapat wood talaga...

btw: may narinig akong street musician na naka strat na ang ganda ng tunog... minsan try ko nga bilhin kung papayag... basta ang ganda ng sound "may magic kung baga..."

happy hunting guys! :)

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #495 on: September 13, 2010, 10:19:38 PM »
It is alive!  8-)

Let's keep this fun.  :-D
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline justine3563

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #496 on: September 13, 2010, 10:23:38 PM »
local-imported;branded-fake

yeah!this is fun! :-D
i love music...more than food!

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #497 on: September 14, 2010, 01:08:09 AM »
It is alive!  8-)

Let's keep this fun.  :-D
:-D
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #498 on: September 14, 2010, 01:22:55 AM »
omg, is it that time of the year again?! :lol:

malayo pa yata birthday nito eh.

Offline pualux

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #499 on: September 14, 2010, 01:39:06 AM »
maaga pa para mag celebrate :)