hulika

Author Topic: How do you deal w/ stage fright?  (Read 11285 times)

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
How do you deal w/ stage fright?
« on: December 25, 2006, 10:30:42 AM »
Ako kapag may tugtog, lagi ako kinakabahan. Kahit small performance lang. it sometimes affects my playing. How do u deal w/ this?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 07:27:08 PM by Akira JUMBO »
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: How do u deal w/ stage fright?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 10:53:24 AM »
relax lang .. pray  pag malaking tugtog tlga... tapos pa yosi yosi bago tugtog. :-D

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 10:53:55 AM »
manood ng School of Rock at gayahin mga ginawa ni jack black?

Offline pmack

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 11:49:58 AM »
Ako kapag may tugtog, lagi ako kinakabahan. Kahit small performance lang. it sometimes affects my playing. How do u deal w/ this?

BEER. 1 or 2 bottles.
:-D

Offline pyong_2

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 05:00:26 PM »
relax lang & papano ka magiging relax, ang sagot ni Sir.Jun Regalado, magiging relax ka kung alam mo ang gagawin mo, pray din, ienjoy ang music & focus, wag tumingin sa mga audiences, sabi sa lesson ni Gregg Bossonette, nakakadistract minsa yung audieces lalo na kung mga musikero o kilalang tao ang nanonood, takot ka macriticised o madown so magpapanic na ngayon....Hope it helps GDBLZ MERRY XMAS mga tamboleros
GDBLZ

Offline johanncalabig

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 11:03:18 PM »
This is a really cool thread. Naalala ko nung kabataan ko(hehehe) pag may tugtog kami, naglalagay kami ng piso sa loob ng sapatos para di kabahan. How does it work? Siempre magiging uncomfortable ka pag may baryang kakalog kalog sa paa mo, therefore mada-divert yung pagiging "stage freight" mo sa sapatos mong may barya! try mo! hehehe

After playing hundreds of gig and still counting, I'm confindent bout playing infront of thousands of people. :) Pero tama sila, pray, focus and think of the band/music bago ang lahat. (try mo pa rin yung barya! hehehe)

Offline rasta_gopz

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2006, 11:14:12 PM »
pano nga ba? konting beer can help, n jaz feel exicited, that can divert ur stage fright to energy hehehe,

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 01:54:46 AM »
This is a really cool thread. Naalala ko nung kabataan ko(hehehe) pag may tugtog kami, naglalagay kami ng piso sa loob ng sapatos para di kabahan. How does it work? Siempre magiging uncomfortable ka pag may baryang kakalog kalog sa paa mo, therefore mada-divert yung pagiging "stage freight" mo sa sapatos mong may barya! try mo! hehehe

After playing hundreds of gig and still counting, I'm confindent bout playing infront of thousands of people. :) Pero tama sila, pray, focus and think of the band/music bago ang lahat. (try mo pa rin yung barya! hehehe)
nag ddrums ka may barya sa sapatos mo?  :?

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 03:34:40 AM »
Fortunately, I rarely have stage fright problems.  I think I've been performing long enough to the point that I don't worry about it anymore.  And it's also a matter of being confident and having self-assurance (meaning, being sure about yourself and all the stuff that you'll be playing live).  So, as an advice, just keep on building that confidence, be relaxed and focused, don't think too much about things like pressure, expectations, etc,... And most important, have fun.  Enjoy the moment!  Show the world that you're loving what you're doing.

Personally, I think hindi dapat maging mahiyain ang mga musicians, in general, especially during performances.

Maybe I'll get a stage fright when it will be like a major concert situation, or when there are numerous big-name artists who will be present among the audience.  I may shake up a bit, but I'll try my best not to make it affect my performance and our music.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006, 02:33:20 AM by drumster »

Offline boyramos

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 10:29:11 AM »
this still happens to me sometimes, lalo na nga coz i get paranoid w other musicians checking me out.  pero ung nga..majority of the audience are there for the show and not you alone.  now our role is to first and foremost to provide a soulful groove and consistent tempo along with dynamics to support the band.

if you feel that praktisado ka na everything is gonna be a...OK...and just think what the worst thing that could happen...its not all that bad bro

i just tend to Fnck up kung sobrang gas gas na yung ginagawa naming kanta that i tend to play around with it..hehehehe

anyway enjoy lang...savour the moment
It's not the number of notes you can play, but the number of rests in between..to come up with a tasteful, soulful piece...

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006, 12:52:56 PM »
Mga dude 15 yrs old lang ako. I dont smoke & i dont drink beer.
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"

Offline legnacilyz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2006, 03:16:51 PM »
PRAY man! That's the main thing..

Then concentrate, enjoy the music, feel it, don't worry about people that might criticize you, don't get intimidated on drummers that you think that has more better chops than you.. ayon sa aking master, hindi naman karera or pagalingan ang pagddrums db? just think about the MUSIC man..

cheers!!!
pup_bk@yahoo.com
Sessions...
 "..To God Be The Glory.."

Offline khris_drummer

• Netizen Level
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2006, 05:12:33 PM »
sir all i can say is clear first the motives... who are you playing for? as for me ima church drummer ive been playing for more than one year at first sobrang kabado ako... pero i have learnd that im playing for God and him alone! and whats the reason na kinakabahan ka? if its because na baka mapahiya ka talagang kabahan ka! pero if your doing it for the Lord anong paki mo sa sinasabi na mga tao sayo?if God is pleased everything doesnt matter. the opinion of man is nothing to the Gods if your are playing for Godhe will help you thats all my friend :-) wht ever you do wether you eat or drink do it for the glory of the Lord im from ccf by the way (christ commision fellowship) sige po sir add nyo po kong sa friendster at khris_drummer@yahoo.com :-D
simple lang mga chongs.... pero RRAACKKKK!!!!!!

Offline boyramos

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2006, 11:14:36 PM »
khris... inspiring post mo. Im not that all religious pero its good to see guys like you spread the good word, moreso thru your talent.

rock on man!
It's not the number of notes you can play, but the number of rests in between..to come up with a tasteful, soulful piece...

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2006, 11:24:46 PM »
 nakaka inspire nga! pati ung kay legnacilyz maraming salamat!  :-) ganun kasi iniispip ko minsan ung ibang drummer kung mas magaling cla..

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2006, 09:22:20 AM »
beeer........beeer........beeer......beeer........beeer....yun lang..at saka siyempre dapat alam mo yun  pyesa mo...tapos beeer uli... :mrgreen:

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2006, 10:28:12 AM »
wahaha!!! red horse!!

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 10:40:55 AM »
yup yup yup....at least dalawa yun bote mo sa stage hahaha :evil:

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2006, 02:38:36 PM »
I usually get stage fright when it's an utterly new crowd. But that just eggs me on to do damn good, kasi sayang pera nila, at oras namin, kung hindi maganda ang tugtog. Being afraid is good, because that means you're aware that you have to do your best.

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 07:00:35 PM »
wahaha akala ko babawasan mo na ung beer mo sa new yrs. resolution mo? dalawa? ung stalion lang? madami dami na un ah! haha grabe ka. :-D :-o

Offline jpmb

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2006, 01:48:27 PM »
wahaha akala ko babawasan mo na ung beer mo sa new yrs. resolution mo? dalawa? ung stalion lang? madami dami na un ah! haha grabe ka. :-D :-o

heeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!sabi ng red horse ko...what i mean is sa ordinary day ay magbabawas na ako ng inom...pero sa gig iinom pa din ako..haha...well ok lang din kung ordinary day as long na libre..tamang tama..marami pa may utang na beer sa akin..di ba bea, dio, bangbus, peeves, suspendead, pmack at gep...hahaha.....drum and beer na :evil:

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2006, 02:59:10 PM »
ah ganun ba. sa gig hindi talaga mawawala beer sayo para kondisyon ka!! haha. ikaw wala ka namang utang na beer sa mga tindahan? haha

Offline glynminded

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2006, 01:19:56 AM »
I quit smoking last year... un nga lang nagkaroon ako ng problema... Smoking gets rid of my stage fright... so parang promise ko na lang sa sarili ko... yosi lang pag may tugtog... ehehehehe....

MARU
I didn\'t know you can watch dreams in a theater?!

Offline Bammbamm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2006, 08:45:57 AM »
Normal lang naman ang stage fright. I used to drink redhorse too and get stoned before I get up on stage. Kaya lang may time na bumabagal yung palo ko pag medyo malakas ang tama ko. Saka lalong lumalamig yung katawan ko sa nerbyos,kaya jingle ako ng jingle. The best thing to do talaga is to keep yourself normal as much as possible.Good breathing exercise tulad ng ginagawa ng mga horn player can help a lot. Keep your breathing as normal as possible,then stretching muna to loosen your tensed muscles.

So Be It.

Offline RazeLJoeY

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2007, 03:36:48 PM »
Beer

Yosi

Band Prayer

Kiss and Hug my Girlfriend ( guitarista namin )