hulika

Author Topic: can u teach me how to use guitar scale?  (Read 1467 times)

Offline ace09196670893

• Philmusicus Noobitus
can u teach me how to use guitar scale?
« on: January 15, 2007, 08:18:22 PM »
noob pa lang po me, can u pls teach me how to use scale in guitar cause many says it can help you a lot in playing a song.thx ty to all

plreievvaotne

Re: can u teach me how to use guitar scale?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 08:37:28 PM »
cguro yng pinaka basic n paggmit ng scale is, major scale for a major chord asnd minor scale for a minor chord.then eventually matututunan mo yng relativity ng mga chords, mas lalawak pa yung application mo for a asingle scale. :lol:

Offline soryano

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 10:45:35 PM »
Well i agree with vaotne that yu should first learn the major scales and all its position since it is basically the root of everything. Once you learn major scales and the positions in the neck, you're good to go.

http://www.looknohands.com/chordhouse/guitar/index_rb.html

good luck bro

Offline demet

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 11:30:53 PM »
not to wrong the others in this thread, but I suggest learning the pentatonic minor scale.  From the pentatonic scale, primarily, you'll realize that minor chord solos will be very easy to do(provided you start by playing blues of course).  From there, pag medyo nahataw mo na ang paglaro ng minor, labas ka to find the relative major scale.  pag sinabi kong labas, labas nung main pentatonic scale. 

Let's say you're playing an Am scale(pentatonic) the relative major scale would be the C major.  So in efect, you can play the Cmaj scale when you song is in Am, and vice versa(Am when your song is in Cmaj). 

Learn the basic blues scale.  basic: E-A-B tapos balik with B as the PArang) climax part of your song.  From there, laruan mo lang ng pentatonic.  Can't go wrong with that. 

eto yung basic pentatonic:
e|------------------------------5--8--5----------------------------
B|------------------------5--8----------8--5-----------------------
G|-------------------5--7--------------------7--5------------------
D|--------------5--7-------------------------------7--5------------
A|---------5--7------------------------------------------7--5------
E|--5--8------------------------------------------------------8--5-

Kapain mo na lang yung same notes sa iba't-ibang locations sa fret board mo.  Good luck padawan. 
check out my music at:<br /><br />http://www.myspace.com/medjazzproductions

Offline demet

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 11:35:03 PM »
onga pala...Am pentatonic yan...if you want to play it in Bm, just move the whole scale to the B fret(fret number 7), kung gusto mo Gm, to the G fret(fret 3), and so on...

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 06:55:22 AM »
Check out the articles at The Music School section, dude. Its loaded, more scales than an anaconda.

Particularly Cosine's post, that thing is chock full of info!
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline toybitz

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 06:23:54 PM »
but if you play a minor scale over its relative major...wouldn't that sadden a happy song?
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline demet

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 06:52:34 PM »
If you play the minor scale, it's a sad song.  Let's say Am.  Naturally, you play it in the Am scale.  If you play it in the relative, in this case, it's Cmaj.  so it becomes the Cmaj scale.  So you play it differently.  But the structure is basically the same. 

Offline toybitz

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 07:03:06 PM »
If you play the minor scale, it's a sad song.  Let's say Am.  Naturally, you play it in the Am scale.  If you play it in the relative, in this case, it's Cmaj.  so it becomes the Cmaj scale.  So you play it differently.  But the structure is basically the same. 

maybe what you mean is...both comprises the same notes but differ when it comes to what note to stress.

hmm, parang ingles kabayo ako ah.
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline demet

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 07:13:53 PM »
you took the words right from my fingers.  Exactly.  you know what I mean?  hehehehe...pero yes, all in all, masarap laruin ang blues.  hehehehe...