hulika

Author Topic: Robben Ford  (Read 4203 times)

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
Robben Ford
« on: February 16, 2007, 04:40:35 AM »
He's a great guitarist in my opinion....

i'm watching him tonight blues brothers.....he's playing with his brother Patrick Ford.

will let you know how it goes peeps!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 11:58:17 AM by blues2death »
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline haey2

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Robben Ford
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 05:20:02 AM »
swerte nyo naman....post clips sir kung meron...these brothers are like the vaughan bros...galing... 8-) 8-) 8-)
black moon creeping...

Offline micr0chimp

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 07:07:19 AM »
i love robben ford! his tone is crazy good and his lines are brilliant. i've heard a few songs from the mark ford album and he plays an awsome harp! sobrang galing ng interplay ng magkapatid. syempre pareho siguro influences nila and i bet they get to jam a lot.

swerte mo, ser! have fun at the gig!

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 11:01:41 AM »
Isa sa mga idol ko 'yan, si Robben Ford. =)

blues2death, naaalala mo nung nandon tayo sa kwarto ko't nag-listening trip tayo sq mga cd nina Robben at SRV? =)
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline greatwolf

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 03:47:08 PM »
He's performing here in Sydney with Larry Carlton and unfortunately, I'm unable to watch as I'm booked to go camping on that evening...arrrgghhhh :x

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 12:03:28 PM »
Isa sa mga idol ko 'yan, si Robben Ford. =)

blues2death, naaalala mo nung nandon tayo sa kwarto ko't nag-listening trip tayo sq mga cd nina Robben at SRV? =)

syempre brader jedi. my first and only lesson mo ko galing sayo non. and super enjoy talaga ako kay RF.syet...isang kanta lang ang alam ko...."i'm tired" ...tama ba ?

daming chicks pa...[ahem]... :-D
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2007, 02:27:58 AM »
One of my favorite Robben Ford solos: the opening bars of "Woodstock" from Joni Mitchell's live album "Miles of Aisles". He was with the L.A. Express at the time.

Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2007, 07:30:21 AM »
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 07:36:16 AM by vegetablejoe »

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 08:20:01 AM »
some feedback from a recent show...
http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&topic_number=614324&lastpost=2007-02-1911:34:58

Aah yes. He's finally come around and discovered the merits of P90's with a wraparound bridge/tailpiece. Smart guy. good taste.  :-D

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »
Didn't Fender used to sell a Robben Ford line of guitars?  Haven't heard much about them lately.  Discontinued na ba?

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2007, 09:35:54 PM »
Didn't Fender used to sell a Robben Ford line of guitars?  Haven't heard much about them lately.  Discontinued na ba?

Yes, very very nice axes.... discontinued, but a version is back in production as the Korean made Master Series Squier Esprit. Pretty nice too, for a hell of a lot less money. Several forumites were able to snag a few when Yupangco brought them in late last year. I think they're all gone....

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 09:27:38 AM »
http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&topic_number=614324&lastpost=2007-02-1911:34:58

Aah yes. He's finally come around and discovered the merits of P90's with a wraparound bridge/tailpiece. Smart guy. good taste.  :-D

yep. he was using a gibson les paul with a goldtop and p-90s. super reverb amp and booster/overdrive(?) pedal that i couldn't figure out because i dont want to go onstage or else experience the wrath of stagehands. anyway it was a white pedal...i can barely make out the words 'zen' on the face.

kahit d ko alam mga songs na tinugtog nila, naglaway ako sa mga harmonic embellishments nya at 'jazzy' and' tasty' licks coming from his axe.

his older bro---was the drummer. white haired patrick ford. very in the pocket...un-flashy but effective.....

nagulat ako kasi he was using only one amp, one guitar all the way througha. a guitar [layer of his caliber...that's all he needed.

he even joked " i love THIS band ( the Ford blues band ) better than my own band!( robben ford and the blue line )......pero half kidding lang daw!

Offline micr0chimp

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 11:55:18 AM »
i am sooo green with envy! zendrive yung pedal na gamit nya. did he use his dumble? i'm sure it was a great show!

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 01:12:53 PM »
yep it was a great show brother microchimp.....meron palang zendrive na pedal ha? from the front of the stage ko lang kasi sinisilip nong pauwi na kami.he used a fender super reverb that night....kaya nagtaka ako din ako, di nya ginamit ang dumble nya. his other guitar player was playing a dumble head, with a marshall halfstack(?)...not sure what the cab was though so i could be wrong.

anyway the ford blues band was composed of RF, his bro patrick, a keyboard player, a black bassist and a german guitarist who traded leads with Robben and also sang at least 2 songs.

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2007, 01:19:41 PM »
hey guys...tama nga, zendrive pedal nga nya noon. and a super reverb w/c was tinkered by dumble....as posted on a robben ford discussion site.sorry ngayon ko lang nabasa....hehehe

Offline guitarman_222

• Netizen Level
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2007, 07:53:53 PM »

others' opinions on RF...
http://www.fenderforum.com/forum.html?db=&topic_number=612488

I'll be watching him in a gig on April 5. He will be playing with Larry Carlton.

April 7 is Bo Diddely and Bonnie Raitt.

Dami dadating na blues people for the annual Byron Bay Blues and Roots Festival dito.