hulika

Author Topic: Vintage/Semi-Vintage Guitar Gallery  (Read 74836 times)

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Vintage/Semi-Vintage Guitar Gallery
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2007, 05:49:47 PM »
desperation move of a certified loser  :roll:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :mrgreen:..wazzup mga ingetero ??hahahaha....mga haters???mgrereply pa yang mga yan//hehehehe
owes di nga ??looser ka?hahaha

what the hell is wrong with you?  :|

Offline bahaw

« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2007, 06:21:46 PM »
grabe collection mo BB! kelan kaya namin pwede check out yung museum mo? and mukhang mint condition pa karamihan ng vintage gear mo ah.

BB pede tour sa bahay mo!? :-D ok lang sakin kahit may entrance fee - 100 pesos plus free beer!  :lol:

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2007, 06:35:24 PM »
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :mrgreen:..wazzup mga ingetero ??hahahaha....mga haters???mgrereply pa yang mga yan//hehehehe
bakit pinapayagan retards dito?! :x

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2007, 06:55:53 PM »

'63 hofner galaxie, pwede 70 different sounds d2   :mrgreen:

How VERY VERY COOL! Have a real soft spot in my heart for that guitar. First electric I ever bought was the sunburst/white pickguard version of that Galaxie in 1974. Wrote about it in this thread:  http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,39505.15.html

Also found out that the other geetar picker in our band owned the "paisley wallpaper" version of the Galaxie in the 70's as well.

Aways wondered where that guitar is now.....  :cry: (overwhelmed with nostalgia). I went looking for old Hofners years later and these are a couple I found:

my god im having goosebumps.

Sir BB what time po kayo usually wala sa house?? and meron ba kayong aso?? enge na din ng address
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2007, 08:24:52 PM »
someone's afflicted with ADD...

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2007, 09:13:23 PM »
field trip sa museum ni bb.... sama na rin si jc shredder :-D :-D :-D

Offline RonnieA

« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2007, 09:29:39 PM »
Dear BB,

Im serious about this. With that kind of collection, you can literally set up your own museum and charge every guitar geek to pay to see those beauties. Sa totoo lang -isa na ako duon (hehehehe :-D)

I look forward to actually seeing those guitars and at one point-"mahimas" ko man lang :-D. Excellent Hofner. I bet you McCartney would even drool and offer you for that Beatle Bass!

Again, thank you for making me drool!!! :-D

RonnieA 0916-713-2416

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2007, 09:35:39 PM »
wag na, baka magwala pa yun dun. mentally ill people are unstable. :lol:

Offline stratboy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2007, 10:02:47 PM »
if there is one thing that would make me give up playing guitar and start taking up bass, it would be me getting my hands on a hofner violin bass. I would be willing to sell all my gear and more for it.

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #134 on: March 15, 2007, 01:35:08 AM »
Sir BB what time po kayo usually wala sa house?? and meron ba kayong aso?? enge na din ng address

:lol: Always at home -- di makalabas. Daming aso dito.... of the two-legged variety. Block 6, cell 14.... New Bilibid Penitentiary.  :lol:

Naku.... delikado dito ang long hair.  8-)

Doc, you better be on hand to do some major stitching on a not so pleasant part of the anatomy.  :-D

Offline Chum

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #135 on: March 15, 2007, 06:01:41 AM »
Man, those hofners are nice....... Bitchin', Blue.....

Here's a Bass I scored sometime back......  This one is a Gibson Les Paul Triumph Bass

This bass has low impedance pickups....... 

Here's a shot of the controls.....  aside from pickup switching, it also has a phase reversal feature....

Here's a shot of the back.... It has a contour for more comfortable playing.....

Thanks for looking.....

Chum
Immanuel Kant, BUT Genghis Khan!!!

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #136 on: March 15, 2007, 10:03:39 AM »
Ganda ng Triumph mo chum. Those basses play like butter. They were the bass counterpart to the Les Paul Recording model guitar -- a super flexible model with low impedance pickups which could be plugged straight into a mixing console. One of those was Les' personal favorite axe for the longest time.  8-)

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2007, 11:08:31 AM »
Dear BB,

Im serious about this. With that kind of collection, you can literally set up your own museum and charge every guitar geek to pay to see those beauties. Sa totoo lang -isa na ako duon (hehehehe :-D)

I look forward to actually seeing those guitars and at one point-"mahimas" ko man lang :-D. Excellent Hofner. I bet you McCartney would even drool and offer you for that Beatle Bass!

Again, thank you for making me drool!!! :-D

RonnieA 0916-713-2416

Haha -- thanks for your kind words RonnieA. I just posted some of these things not really to make people drool, but as sort of visual aids in the event forumites come across similar things around here. One at least has some pics to compare them with to help determine whether something someone sees is genuine or not.

In all seriousness, this "collection" (if you could call it that) is really quite modest. Nothing compared to the breadth, scope, and value of truly "serious" collectors' stuff. Pipitsugin lang 'to in relative terms, and gathered when many of these things were not much sought after. Basically much more of "player's stuff" or "geek's hoard" that's of some academic interest, rather than a real "Collection" with a capital C.

Cheers.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2007, 12:20:28 PM »
I played this when it used to belong to sopwith, but now can't remember how the mod was done . Not sure how the lollars are attached, whether screwed directly to the body or hanging from the pickuard/pickup surrounds. The owner probably knows ..... farseer? That guitar sounds heavenly though -- the lollars really love old wood.

Yup -- that Tele....... farseer really scored on that one. That guitar has "IT".  8-)

IIRC, the P90s are screwed directly to the body. 

And, yeah, pang main course nga yan.  The most "bastos" and gnarly P90 sounding guitar I've ever heard.  Perfect for some Delta/early Chicago blues bottleneck.  Surely, the very old and dry wood's got a lot to do with it. 

Offline farseer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2007, 11:07:58 PM »

68' Grtesch Country Gent :-)

Offline ioffendpeople

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2007, 11:29:12 PM »

Vintage Gretsch's are the [gooey brown stuff].  :-o

Offline Chum

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #141 on: March 15, 2007, 11:59:53 PM »
wow oh wow......  That Gretsch has such a Beatles vibe to it!!!!  Beautiful!!!!  Way to go, farseer!!!!!  8-) 8-) 8-)

Well, I have noticed that all guitars so far posted have round necks  :-D :-D :-D  Thought I'd post a Square neck......

I found this in, of all places, Kamuning about three Christmases ago, in one of the antique shops there.....

a Star Lapsteel.....  Unfortunately, absolutely NO info about it on the net, not even on the brand......

Here's a shot of the controls.....  one volume, one tone.....  I don't know what the metal piece above the pickup is for.....

Here's a shot of the back.... as you can see, very square.....  :-D :-D The plastic cover was fabricated by the good doctor Arie; the original was a piece of vinyl with cloth stuck on to it......

a funny thing about this.... when i first held it, the guy at the shop said it was virtually UNPLAYABLE, because there was no way the strings could reach the fingerboard.....   :-D :-D :-D (well, the strings are about half an inch high, so there....)  I had to pinch myself to keep from laughing out loud.....

Here's a shot of the headstock....  as you can see, very cheap tuners, and a decal for the brand name.....  The plastic tips of the tuners have aged very nicely....

Here's a closer look at the pickup.... this thing just GROWLS...... very very bluesy......  close to a P90 sound...... well, sort of.....  :-D

This actually has a model number.....  HG 4 C, or so....... 

Here's a view of the "fingerboard".... well, not really, but it does have frets!!!! :? :? :?.....  Its plastic......  not sure what kind though.... bakelite?  hmmmmm....

Thanks for looking!!!!

Chum

Offline chris005

• Veteran Member
« Reply #142 on: March 16, 2007, 08:14:42 AM »
sir chum ang ganda nyan lap steel and bass nyo, tyaga nyo maghanap ah...pwede mahiram yan?  :mrgreen:
FS: ehx,gig-fx,boss,marshall, fernandes sustainer, guyatone

http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=102458.0

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #143 on: March 16, 2007, 09:57:16 AM »

Yahoo! Another byotipul one farseer.  8-)

Offline Chum

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »
Ganda ng Triumph mo chum. Those basses play like butter. They were the bass counterpart to the Les Paul Recording model guitar -- a super flexible model with low impedance pickups which could be plugged straight into a mixing console. One of those was Les' personal favorite axe for the longest time.  8-)

Thanks for your kind words, Blue.....  Thanks din chris005 re the lap steel....

Here's a current favorite of mine....  a Gibson Les Paul Standard.......  This was set up and restored by the good doctor Arie.......  As always, very good work from him, this guitar plays so smoothly......

its a '77, from the serial number....

What i like about this guitar is the sunburst on the back.... even the neck and headstock have it.....

just love the inlays on this guitar.....  they define it as a Standard.......  Interestingly, this guitar has not yet been refretted.....  you can see the plastic binding on the edge of the fret is still intact.....

When i got this guitar, it didn't have the original pickups anymore.....  So, I put in Seymour Duncan Antiquities.....  Now, those pickups are just so nice......  not very high output, but the sound is just so .... well, Creamy...  :-D :-D

I also didn't like the speed knobs that came with it, so i located and had the good doctor Arie install these amber knobs and pointers.....

Thanks for looking guys.......

Chum

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2007, 11:37:28 AM »

Here's a current favorite of mine....  a Gibson Les Paul Standard.......  This was set up and restored by the good doctor Arie.......  As always, very good work from him, this guitar plays so smoothly......

its a '77, from the serial number....

What i like about this guitar is the sunburst on the back.... even the neck and headstock have it.....

just love the inlays on this guitar.....  they define it as a Standard.......  Interestingly, this guitar has not yet been refretted.....  you can see the plastic binding on the edge of the fret is still intact.....

When i got this guitar, it didn't have the original pickups anymore.....  So, I put in Seymour Duncan Antiquities.....  Now, those pickups are just so nice......  not very high output, but the sound is just so .... well, Creamy...  :-D :-D

I also didn't like the speed knobs that came with it, so i located and had the good doctor Arie install these amber knobs and pointers.....

Thanks for looking guys.......

Chum

A lovely Norlin LP chum! Very nice, with many of the basic Norlin details in evidence..

Out of curiosity: was there formerly a switch installed among the regular control knobs? You can see what appears to be a "plugged" hole in the middle of the control cluster. Also, do you have any idea how much it weighs? Is it one of the usual "boat anchors" or were you lucky enough to score a nice light one?

Offline Chum

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #146 on: March 18, 2007, 12:05:03 PM »
Hi Blue!!!

I'm not at all sure about the plug, because i bought this guitar from tolits (kuya Lito Bote) based on his description only; the guitar was with  kuya Arie at the time, and i only got to see it when kuya Arie finally completed it......  Although i think it was Arie who plugged the hole, because he has done a similar job with another guitar of mine (an ES 225TD)..... 

About the weight, it is quite heavy, unfortunately.....  If you study the pics, you will see i installed Schaller strap locks, because i was afraid the regular small strap buttons on it would not hold up well due to the weight.....  I had to plug in the existing holes, and re-drill for the locks.....  That's why i still prefer using my strats up to now, my Tokai in particular weighs about half of this les paul (well, at least it does feel/seem that way).... 

Chum
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 12:27:49 PM by Chum »

Offline bluebossa

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #147 on: March 18, 2007, 12:33:35 PM »
Grabe yung mga vintage hollowbodies! ganda :-o

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #148 on: March 18, 2007, 12:45:21 PM »
wow chum. wonderful guitars man! dang! meron palang real les paul in my vicinity! hehehe! solid ka chong! yaman! ehehe :D anyway.. you got pm :)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2007, 03:57:14 PM »
Chum  -  Wow! What an wonderful find with the Star lap steel.  I've been on the lookout myself. I guess di pwede casual searching lang; kailangang masigasig na paghahanap -- as if you're looking for Bin Laden!  Bilib ako sa yo. :-)

Balitaan mo naman ako pag meron kang leads.. ;-)