hulika

Author Topic: DIY boutique amps, pedals, mod kits, proto-type circuits, etc - Post them here!  (Read 1822167 times)

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Laney LC30-II effects loop mod - switch between parallel (default) and series

Bro, can you explain how this mod works? I've been meaning to do this for a long time but the op amp / diodes in the circuit confuse me  :lol:

Offline ryechua

• Forum Fanatic
Bro, can you explain how this mod works? I've been meaning to do this for a long time but the op amp / diodes in the circuit confuse me  :lol:

actually, simple lang yung mod but it depends on the amp. on my amp, i just needed to break the connection on R42 which is the parallel connection - the one sending the dry signal. breaking the connection does not make it a "real series" loop kasi meron pa ring signal going to the reverb path even if reverb level is set to 0. i can only hear the reverb artifacts when ch1/ch2 volume and effects loop volume is set to max (10) and still barely noticeable.

i put an on/off switch just before R42 so I can still choose between parallel and series. when in series, kailangan may connection (a short patch cable) between send and return. it also makes the effects loop volume the master volume.

doh!!!

Offline ryechua

• Forum Fanatic
DIY Strymon multiswitch

doh!!!

Offline jmwreck

• Forum Fanatic
bass pedalboard

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
Are there any equivalent for 2N3859A?

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Are there any equivalent for 2N3859A?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/155470-help-repair-dc300a-series-ii.html

According to this link, it can be replaced with a BC546. Failing that, the poster even included a list of other suitable replacements. Good luck.

Offline hardcore misery

• Philmusicus Addictus
Query:

So far, san ba makakabili ng pinakamurang components (semicons, 3pdt switches, enclosures, etc.).

I've tried to back read on this thread at may nakuha na akong sources. Just in case, baka na consolidate niyo na yung mga stores (international or sa pinas). Thank you in advance!
BOSS MetalZone II / GTX-BOSTON HeavyMetal 100 OVERKILL MOD
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,71925.0.html

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/155470-help-repair-dc300a-series-ii.html

According to this link, it can be replaced with a BC546. Failing that, the poster even included a list of other suitable replacements. Good luck.

Thanks for this! :)

Query:

So far, san ba makakabili ng pinakamurang components (semicons, 3pdt switches, enclosures, etc.).

I've tried to back read on this thread at may nakuha na akong sources. Just in case, baka na consolidate niyo na yung mga stores (international or sa pinas). Thank you in advance!

Nowadays I purchase stuffs from Tayda. Topnotch parts at an affordable price. Shipping might take a while though (around 3-4 weeks).

Offline firefalcon_08

anyone know where I could buy this kind of pot locally?

My blackstar HT Dist is pretty much unusable unless i change the pots. Not even contact cleaner could save them :(

lots and lots and lots and lots more to learn

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
anyone know where I could buy this kind of pot locally?

My blackstar HT Dist is pretty much unusable unless i change the pots. Not even contact cleaner could save them :(

Why do you have to change the pots? Tayda sells this kind of pot (plastic shaft/ solid shaft/ spline, etc.) I think E-gizmo has em too.

Offline firefalcon_08

Why do you have to change the pots? Tayda sells this kind of pot (plastic shaft/ solid shaft/ spline, etc.) I think E-gizmo has em too.

Erratic response. For the gain pot, pedal would sound as if the pot is dialled max no matter what position it's in. The level pot would sometimes kill-off the sound at the slightest touch. There's also a very loud crackle.

Noob question:

When buying from Tayda, do they ship the things directly to the specified address? or do I pick-up the items at the post office/customs?

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
Erratic response. For the gain pot, pedal would sound as if the pot is dialled max no matter what position it's in. The level pot would sometimes kill-off the sound at the slightest touch. There's also a very loud crackle.

Noob question:

When buying from Tayda, do they ship the things directly to the specified address? or do I pick-up the items at the post office/customs?

Try troubleshooting the circuit first. Take off the existing pots and wire 'em with new pots (offboard). If it works, then is the time to buy pots from Tayda.

Your post office should deliver the parcel to your door.

Offline firefalcon_08

Try troubleshooting the circuit first. Take off the existing pots and wire 'em with new pots (offboard). If it works, then is the time to buy pots from Tayda.

Your post office should deliver the parcel to your door.

will do. thanks!  ^-^ the pots are my primary suspect since other users on other forums also had the same problems.

Offline fretzburner

• Forum Fanatic
Tube zone V4 rehab

And this the result Tube zone V5  :wink:

free photo hosting

"It's not just the game of notes,it's the sound inside your soul"

Offline jeff-55

tanong lang mga sir, I recently tried to clean with a contact cleaner the pots of my amp kasi medyo may crackling/popping sound siya.  nawala naman yung crackling sound kaso napansin ko on the top boost channel nawala ng todo yung gain nya and parang humina rin yung channel compared to the other channel.  tried changing out tubes one by one, both preamp and power pero wala pa rin.

could this still be a dirty pot, jack, or tube socket problem or baka mas naka damage pa yung pag spray ko ng contact cleaner sa pots?

thanks in advance.

Offline jeff-55

sorry double post, nagloko kasi ang connection naming dito.

Offline CARABAO

• Philmusicus Addictus
Hi, I'm looking for a pedal builder who can make a smaller version of the Ibanez WH10 wah? (that'll fit a pedaltrain mini / nano)

PM me if you can do it. Let's talk :)

Offline ryechua

• Forum Fanatic
Re: DIY boutique amps, pedals, mod kits, proto-type circuits, etc - Post them here!
« Reply #8593 on: September 08, 2016, 12:31:03 AM »
another Klone...

doh!!!

Offline exztinctmusic06

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: DIY boutique amps, pedals, mod kits, proto-type circuits, etc - Post them here!
« Reply #8594 on: September 20, 2016, 02:34:28 PM »
Sir Cacophony. Pag bumibili ka po sa Mammoth or Tayda, about how much ang additional costs aside from the total costs of the purchased components? Ano po ang estimate nyo sa kadalasang shipping fee and customs? Also, do you use postal service or commercial couriers?

Offline exztinctmusic06

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #8595 on: September 24, 2016, 12:39:51 PM »
Here's my first ever full build so messy sa loob  :wave:

and here's my amp

Offline ryechua

• Forum Fanatic
DIY patchbay...

doh!!!

Offline rickbig41

• Philmusicus Addictus
Guys, itatanong ko lang sana kung merong veroboard/stripboard sa Deeco or kung saan meron locally...Salamat ng marami...  :)
Those who did not learn from history are meant to repeat it...

Offline gineanne

Hello po! napunta ako sa thread na to kakahanap ng mga clone pedals... Meron po ba sa inyo nagcclone ng sansamp bass driver? Thank you po! :)

Offline exztinctmusic06

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Sino po sainyo ang may experience sa Tayda?
Sakali bumili ako ng Php1000 worth na components, mga ilan pa kaya ang ie-expect kong madadagdag sa bayaran ko? Lahat nang additional? Estimate nyo lng po ang average nyo.