hulika

Author Topic: Re: Analog 101  (Read 60449 times)

Offline aeonstyle

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Analog 101
« Reply #225 on: December 22, 2008, 02:08:52 PM »
hi. nice thread. kudos for the tone-meisters!

Q: Is there anyway to combine mulit-effects and analog?
I like my KORG AX1500G already however i'd like to add 4 more pedals,
a TS-9, Marshall Shredmaster, Noise Gate and an EQ. How to proceed?

Any word from the meisters? :mrgreen:

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Re: Analog 101
« Reply #226 on: December 22, 2008, 05:35:46 PM »

Q: Is there anyway to combine mulit-effects and analog?
I like my KORG AX1500G already however i'd like to add 4 more pedals,
a TS-9, Marshall Shredmaster, Noise Gate and an EQ. How to proceed?

try:
guitar>Noise Gate>TS-9>Marshall Shredmaster>EQ>KORG AX1500G>amp

you can use your multi for the colors, like flanger, chorus, wah, delay/reverb, etc..

opinion ko lang..

Offline aeonstyle

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #227 on: December 23, 2008, 08:59:51 AM »
Thank you sir. One more thing, is an analog pedal comes with a cable or should i buy it separately? what type of cable sir?

Offline ryantetek

• Veteran Member
« Reply #228 on: December 23, 2008, 09:12:16 AM »
Thank you sir. One more thing, is an analog pedal comes with a cable or should i buy it separately? what type of cable sir?

it does not come with a cable.you can purchase patch cables or make them yourself :-D :-D

Offline aeonstyle

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #229 on: December 23, 2008, 10:12:13 AM »
thank you again sir, tone-meisters! Happy holidays. :mrgreen:

Offline acidtest

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #230 on: December 26, 2008, 07:50:57 AM »
try:
guitar>Noise Gate>TS-9>Marshall Shredmaster>EQ>KORG AX1500G>amp

you can use your multi for the colors, like flanger, chorus, wah, delay/reverb, etc..

opinion ko lang..

add...
i also suggest that you turn off the ax1500g's eq and amp sim for a more natural sound. i noticed that if those are turned on the sound tends to be artificial and 'manipis'... 
- Joyo AC tone demo

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=736032  
feature=related  KBP musicfest teaser - 'Nandito lang' - entry number w00511

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Re: Analog 101
« Reply #231 on: December 27, 2008, 03:05:09 AM »
add...
i also suggest that you turn off the ax1500g's eq and amp sim for a more natural sound. i noticed that if those are turned on the sound tends to be artificial and 'manipis'... 

with regards to the Amp's EQ, i all set them up 12 o'clock. still, personal preference ko lang yun..

Offline acidtest

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #232 on: December 27, 2008, 12:07:26 PM »
with regards to the Amp's EQ, i all set them up 12 o'clock. still, personal preference ko lang yun..
same with me... i start with that setting anyway then some minor adjustments depending on the amps' natural voice...
- Joyo AC tone demo

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=736032  
feature=related  KBP musicfest teaser - 'Nandito lang' - entry number w00511

Offline bass_bobo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #233 on: October 06, 2009, 11:27:00 PM »
sir help sana...

pano ba maganda set-up ng gd1-21, mt2 at eq.
gusto ko 2nog ung mabigat pero malinaw.

tnx sa sasagot..

for sale:

PENIS ENLARGER/ ENHANCER SEXTOYS (new glow in the dark colors) BOSS ULTRA VIBRATOR (climax in 2sec. or  your money back)

Offline erniebong

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #234 on: October 06, 2009, 11:32:49 PM »
Nice one!  :-)

But as for the pedal board bit for transpo... if you're a proletariat commuter like me, i sometimes thing i'm courting danger when i bring mine....  :oops:

the trick around that, is to bring only what you need! not your whole collection! (You'll sound better too with less on your guitar's umbelical cord)   :wink:

exactly!

Offline raphy137

« Reply #235 on: October 30, 2009, 04:01:17 PM »
haha ! here's my setup for playing lamb of god songs and alternative rock !

Amp>>Volume>>MT-2>>OD100>>CH-1>>NS-2>>BF-2>>Wah>> Zoom g1 >> Guitar
Rock Peace Love! Keep rocking, keep spreading peace and keep lovin'! Orayt orayt! Rock and roll to the world! Wooh! 😁😁😁
Just keep playing!

Offline raphy137

« Reply #236 on: October 30, 2009, 04:02:23 PM »
haha ! here's my setup for playing lamb of god songs and alternative rock !

Amp>>Volume>>MT-2>>OD100>>CH-1>>NS-2>>DD-3>>BF-2>>Wah>> Zoom g1 >> Guitar
Rock Peace Love! Keep rocking, keep spreading peace and keep lovin'! Orayt orayt! Rock and roll to the world! Wooh! 😁😁😁
Just keep playing!

Offline charlesdavidlim

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #237 on: February 21, 2010, 09:53:48 PM »
Yes, if youre going after a dry (uneffected) distortion sound.

Another thing I do is put the pedals close so when I step on the active, I also can step on the inactive pedal, (one off, other on) on one stomp!

+1  :-D
No glove. No love.

Offline jgaluno

« Reply #238 on: June 03, 2010, 11:36:12 AM »
thanks for the article. Decent guitar and amp contributes to good tone. So find a decent guitar and amp first (no offense to the author) this is a suggestion given by Nigel Hendroff of hillsong. After all it your ear who will decide in the first place. After having a decent guitar and amp it time to color your sounds with pedal. The author's suggestions are great i terms of pedal. Sir, you're a guru in analog. Thanks for this thread.
Succesful transactions: rixstaine,emoks,gitarakista,lorenzo,jamesplaysguitar,ryantek,kurtseth

Offline chocolait

« Reply #239 on: June 03, 2010, 10:24:26 PM »
query lang on my setup.

dunno if this proper to be under this thread since halong digital and analog yung setup koo

my current signal routing is:

guitar->ge7->mt2->me50->dd20->zoom 707ii->amp

1) i use my eq as a boost pedal (all bands are set on it's highest level ala tom morello eq)
2) zoom pedal is seldom included in my rig.
3) my guitar uses humbucker pups

i'm having problem with my setup, problems are the following:
1) humming occurs when mt2 is engaged (when using bigger amps tend to increase humming sound as compared to my practice amp which rarely produces hums)

2) when my mt2 and eq at my current setting, is both engaged it produces wild feedbacks when guitar is not strummed although i love the sustain it produces, that's why i love using it in solos. (except pag nagstop na ako mag pluck kasi that's when the wild feedback starts)

3) when i engage two dirt peds (mt2 and dirt/od of me50) it also produces hums especially if big wattage amps are used (parang sasabog yung speaker).

i tried turning the noisegate on in my me50 but it doesn't helped eliminating the hum.

That's why i only resort to using either mt2 and me50 dist/od. and since mt2 gives off a wild hum esp on bigger amps, ergo i only use me50 dist/od when using bigger amps.

what could be the resolution on this so that i can eliminate the hums.

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #240 on: June 04, 2010, 05:00:58 AM »
query lang on my setup.

dunno if this proper to be under this thread since halong digital and analog yung setup koo

my current signal routing is:

guitar->ge7->mt2->me50->dd20->zoom 707ii->amp

1) i use my eq as a boost pedal (all bands are set on it's highest level ala tom morello eq)
2) zoom pedal is seldom included in my rig.
3) my guitar uses humbucker pups

i'm having problem with my setup, problems are the following:
1) humming occurs when mt2 is engaged (when using bigger amps tend to increase humming sound as compared to my practice amp which rarely produces hums)

2) when my mt2 and eq at my current setting, is both engaged it produces wild feedbacks when guitar is not strummed although i love the sustain it produces, that's why i love using it in solos. (except pag nagstop na ako mag pluck kasi that's when the wild feedback starts)

3) when i engage two dirt peds (mt2 and dirt/od of me50) it also produces hums especially if big wattage amps are used (parang sasabog yung speaker).

i tried turning the noisegate on in my me50 but it doesn't helped eliminating the hum.

That's why i only resort to using either mt2 and me50 dist/od. and since mt2 gives off a wild hum esp on bigger amps, ergo i only use me50 dist/od when using bigger amps.

Check: All cables. Your power supply. Your amp. One by one.
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline oloc

• Veteran Member
« Reply #241 on: June 04, 2010, 11:05:04 AM »

try using batteries on all your stomp boxes. see if there's any difference.

Offline AnodBiomech

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #242 on: June 04, 2010, 05:46:52 PM »
here is my board setup, all analog, all true bypass :D

\m/ \m/ :D

Offline skitoma

• Netizen Level
« Reply #243 on: July 29, 2010, 03:00:33 PM »
hello mga sirs.. newbie here... Help lang po. Need your opinions. I'm planning to set up my pedal board. I have an old zoom 707II(ok.. ok..yeah, i know it's not the G series) which still works perfectly well and i would like to save it by putting it in the pedal chain. To use it as my reverb/delay with its foot controller as its modulator. And as i have been told, digital delays have cleaner and longer delays, which is my preference. (correct me mga sir sa "digital delay" part if i'm half baked on this, or if i am talking gibberish)  Is this feasible? Any possible issues? I'm still finding myself viable reasons to shell out another 4digit on a decent delay/reverb and give away my zoom707II or save the moolah for a steady board rig and case.

Tele >>> BBE crusher - Line6 ubermetal >>> bossGE >>> bossCH1 - bossTR2 >>> VolPed >>> ZOOM707II(used as reverb/delay) :? >>> amp
(opinions that can help me optimize my chain seq is highly welcome)

Medyo bano pa po ako sa analog set-up, gusto ko lang po lumabas sa digital comfort zone to grow and learn more sa craft natin but at the same time be practical pa rin sa money, kasi mahirap din kitain yun eh. Sana po ay matulungan nyo po ako magdecide. Salamats. rakenrol!

(also posted in the ZOOM users thread)
"If there's nothing left to burn, you've got to set yourself on fire"

Offline chocolait

« Reply #244 on: July 29, 2010, 06:22:06 PM »
hmm, i too have a 707II, but at the same time has a dd20. before parang contented na ko sa delay module ng zoom, but when i tried the latter parang mas nasatisfy ako

Offline skitoma

• Netizen Level
« Reply #245 on: July 29, 2010, 06:31:28 PM »
hmm, i too have a 707II, but at the same time has a dd20. before parang contented na ko sa delay module ng zoom, but when i tried the latter parang mas nasatisfy ako

astig yang DD20 mo sir, gusto ko rin yan! consider ko yan kapag nakaipon na. sa ngayon gusto ko lang muna mamaximize yung meron ako, hardware-wise and money-wise. Tnx for the info sir.  :-D
"If there's nothing left to burn, you've got to set yourself on fire"

Offline macario

• Netizen Level
« Reply #246 on: August 21, 2010, 07:20:56 AM »
Mga sir,
Here's what i have on my pedal board. I need to know kung pano ko pagsusunod sunudin ang mga pedals ko eh at yung Settings na tunog mabigat. =(

Nady Wireless->Boston DS-200 (Heavy Disto) ->Boss DS-2 (Saktong Disto) -> Ibanez TS7 (Drive) -> Boston AM406 -> ZoomG1X (Delay/Acoustic/Chorus/Harmonize)

Ano po ba mgandang settings ng Boston DS-200? maingay po kase eh =(
Pwede ko ba combine Boston DS-200 + TS7?
Pwede ko ba combine ang Boss DS-2 + TS7?

Pasensya na po kung madaming tanong at madami pa kase ako malaman regarding Settings and pedal positioning.
Thank you so much in advance for the advice!

Offline batangnon

« Reply #247 on: August 21, 2010, 08:36:44 AM »
bookmaked
God has given us the reason to live <br /><br />Let us follow him

Offline macario

• Netizen Level
« Reply #248 on: August 21, 2010, 08:49:52 AM »
Mga sir,
Here's what i have on my pedal board. I need to know kung pano ko pagsusunod sunudin ang mga pedals ko eh at yung Settings na tunog mabigat. =(

Nady Wireless->Boston DS-200 (Heavy Disto) ->Boss DS-2 (Saktong Disto) -> Ibanez TS7 (Drive) -> Boston AM406 -> ZoomG1X (Delay/Acoustic/Chorus/Harmonize)

Ano po ba mgandang settings ng Boston DS-200? maingay po kase eh =(
Pwede ko ba combine Boston DS-200 + TS7?
Pwede ko ba combine ang Boss DS-2 + TS7?

Pasensya na po kung madaming tanong at madami pa kase ako malaman regarding Settings and pedal positioning.
Thank you so much in advance for the advice!

I just hope someone can help me on this..Thanks!

Offline xid02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #249 on: August 21, 2010, 09:20:48 AM »
@macario

ts7>>ds2

lagay mo sa harap yung ts7
tapos mas nagiging wild pa sila kase feeling nila dominant sila na parang "i-wil devour you"