hulika

Author Topic: ben monder jazz clip  (Read 1375 times)

Offline jazhombie

ben monder jazz clip
« on: March 25, 2007, 12:56:47 AM »
nice vid of ben monder!! :-D :-D 

Offline FullofEbak

Re: ben monder jazz clip
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 03:41:27 AM »
wow! nice video! ben monder is my hero! hes the first jazz guitarist that really caught me and lead me to learn more. first impression was his dark (disonant chords. his compositions though are more complex and he uses some weird polyrhyhmic stuff on some of his songs.

this is an interview on his song 'windowpane'

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=20477

these are reviews of one of his albums

http://www.amazon.com/Flux-Ben-Monder/dp/B000005IF3

Offline jazhombie

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 10:09:21 AM »
his chordial approach is similar to holdsworth, yet his dissonant taste shows his personality and identity.. love his 'escavation album'-- im gonna purchase more soon... great player, underrated though.. :-D

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 07:48:06 PM »
I'm currently enjoying the colors he makes on "oceana". His modern classical influences shine it's dark energy all over. Amazing musician, I agree that he is highly underrated.

I was told be a friend who emailed him that he is interested to come here and perform. i sure hope he does, even a jazz clinic would be fantastic!
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline jazhombie

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 10:04:05 AM »
I'm currently enjoying the colors he makes on "oceana". His modern classical influences shine it's dark energy all over. Amazing musician, I agree that he is highly underrated.

I was told be a friend who emailed him that he is interested to come here and perform. i sure hope he does, even a jazz clinic would be fantastic!
hope this will push through.. maraming tkot pmunta kasi sa pinas...hehehe :-D