hulika

Author Topic: Something about the guy who committed suicide on the LRT last week - LOCKED  (Read 14849 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
I rarely watch tv now, but when an old client came to record 2 new songs, I just heard that their buddy from a different band committed suicide last week near DLSU.  Here are the details of the incident:

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=72402

Gio had a fairly young death metal band named "The Fading Contrail" and I was quite lucky to have him lay some tracks in a collaboration song of a client of mine (details in the link).

If you wanna hear his raw vocal power click here:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=523407&songID=5226487

He did all of the low monster vocals...

May he RIP.

:cry:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 05:56:07 PM by Anthria »

Offline noobie-doobie

aw dahil lang sa pagaaway nila ng GF nya? or may mas malalim pa na reason..?

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
aw dahil lang sa pagaaway nila ng GF nya? or may mas malalim pa na reason..?

I have no idea, but what I can say for sure jumping from the 26th floor is not something that you would think of in your right mind.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
kaya tingin mo may sakit siya sa utak nung ginawa niya ito?

Maybe drugged?  Dunno man but last I heard he was using illegal substances.  Death metal probably had nothing to do with that.

van13

F@*&!! cno un gio?kabarkada ko si shem at jap!!

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
you can never tell kung anong pwde mong magawa sa sobrang depression until ma experience mo. malay mo niloko nung GF o baka iniiwan.

Offline matteotanga

sayang galing pa naman ng banda nila.....thats life
Steady lang..

Offline jaime

kaya tingin mo may sakit siya sa utak nung ginawa niya ito?

Maybe drugged?  Dunno man but last I heard he was using illegal substances.  Death metal probably had nothing to do with that.

what do you call that type of music again? and it had nothing to do with it? :|
09267166278 -  located at Timog QC near GMA-Kamuning MRT

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
^discriminator! hehehe joke lang.

no one in their right mind would jump from the 26th floor. maybe he wasnt thinking straight and reacted by instinct.

Offline jaime

i mean, you should ask yourselves, why its called death metal to begin with. what is the nature of that type of music and what do the lyrics talk about.

if talks about hope and the essense of life, then again im sure it had nothing to do with it.

van13

i mean, you should ask yourselves, why its called death metal to begin with. what is the nature of that type of music and what do the lyrics talk about.

if talks about hope and the essense of life, then again im sure it had nothing to do with it.
:roll: :?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 04:26:40 PM by van13 »

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
C'mon guys, he just wants to keep up with the great tradition of Metal artists killing themselves, ala Jon Notveidt or Dead from Mayhem.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 08:59:30 PM by Santo Muerte »

van13

In my own kung dahil sa death metal lang ang reason,sana ng suicide na lahat ng death metal bands. peace.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
In my own kung dahil sa death metal lang ang reason,sana ng suicide na lahat ng death metal bands. peace.

OO nga, buti na lang nagkaroon ng kupaw metal kaya di sila nawalan ng trabaho.  :wink:  :-D

Joke lang!

Offline IncX

irony to... death metal = 1 dead death metal singer.

miss ko na yung band ko... Happy Siomai People name namin and we play slayer and megadeth covers... kasama din kasi kami sa trabaho making siomai. tawag ng tao dun "satanic siomai" ... hehehe... sayang yung business venture na yun... di kasi ready sa davao. 2.50 php per siomai yung product namin... teka, naging plug ... sorry, hehehe

Offline jaime

its not in my intention to be condescending guys but if you would look closely what MEGADETH and SLAYER sings...

Offline zasam_4

• Philmusicus Addictus

:roll:
kung essence of life and hope ang gusto niya na lyrics edi dapat sa simbahan na lang siya kumanta. 

Offline IncX

i never associate one's actions with the type of music they listen to... i've met metal fans i wanted to beat up, just as much as i met christian music lovers i also wanted to beat up ... and any music in between.

type of music was never a keen judge of character...

drug use though, has been consistent with stupidity... so i tend to be judgemental on those kinds of ppl, hehe.

Offline drummer_boy17

• Philmusicus Addictus
kawawa naman siya..
may he RIP
FLY FAST PHOTOGRAPHY: Click Here

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
It's easy to talk about a person and judge him when he's dead, ey?

hehe.

Offline JIGOY

• Forum Fanatic
RIP sa kanya... tama na chismisan.. namatay na nga eh.

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
It's easy to talk about a person and judge him when he's dead, ey?

hehe.

syempre. you cant make a person a saint until he's dead diba? same thing vice versa.

jakobspiral

I used to live in Kassel once... never thought anyone would jump from there...

Sigh, rest in peace chief.

Offline noobie-doobie

it's called death metal dahil sa bandang "Death" ni Chuck Schuldiner, naiiba yung tugtugan nila.. typical death metal pero bago nung panahon na yun at walang matawag kaya tinawag nilang Death Metal na lang.. pero kung babasahin mo lyrics ng kanta ng Death eh parang peace not war pa ang sigaw nila..  :wink: kung titignan mas suicidal pa mga kanta ng Emo eh..  :lol:

well para dun sa nag suicide i hope he finds peace..    :-(
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 01:49:34 AM by noobie-doobie »

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
RIP sa kanya... tama na chismisan.. namatay na nga eh.

I don't think tama na pagtsismisan siya.  It's more of wanting to share what talent he should have nurtured if he did not die at a young 20 years of age.  When I first saw him, he seemed harmless and a bit timid in fact; I never thought he had such tendencies.  Parang ang reaction ko "growler ka pala..."

I don't know if The Fading Contrail (his band) had any other recordings; and I just wanted you to hear his talent...