hulika

Author Topic: Guitar player`s chioce of weapon  (Read 7426 times)

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
Guitar player`s chioce of weapon
« on: May 03, 2007, 03:20:36 AM »
When you play Jazz what kind of guitar do you want to use,solid body,semi-hollow or full hollow?Electric,bronze acoustic or nylon string guitar?

I`ll start.I like them all but I can`t bring all of them.So with that I`ll choose a guitar that can cover all the tones I need like my elegee guitar.It`s a solid body electric guitar.

What about you guys?
\"My philosophy is: if the product is right, the price is right and you treat your customers the way you want to be treated, the word-of-mouth is faster than <br />the speed of sound!\"<br />(Words from Bill Lawrence)

Offline jazhombie

Re: Guitar player`s chioce of weapon
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 08:15:18 PM »
strat.. n my headless git... :-D

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 10:51:53 PM »

Ano headless nyo sir,steinberger? :-D
\"My philosophy is: if the product is right, the price is right and you treat your customers the way you want to be treated, the word-of-mouth is faster than <br />the speed of sound!\"<br />(Words from Bill Lawrence)

Offline FullofEbak

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 11:04:53 PM »
hey blue. im kind of unfamiliar in the world of elektrik guitars. what do u mean by elegee covering all tones? im planning to buy an electric, but not sure yet which one. thanks! :-)

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 12:02:53 AM »
hey blue. im kind of unfamiliar in the world of elektrik guitars. what do u mean by elegee covering all tones? im planning to buy an electric, but not sure yet which one. thanks! :-)

Covering the tones I need meaning,w/ my guitar`s versatility,I can choose the tone color I want on my electric guitar.My Elegee guitar has a H-S-H pickup configuration w/ coil tap switch.So I can have both Humbucker and single coil sound on my guitar.The design of my guitar is very versatile in my opinion and I believe it looks and sounds good on whatever genre I play.

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 02:25:30 AM »

yeah! that damn hohner steinberger thing is crazy! i recall when you took it to my house, one statement popped up in my head

THIS IS MODERN JAZZ

love it pare, sana i can play it next time we jam

As for me, i use whatever i have at hand. My emg loaded tele seems to get the best jazz tone for me, i roll the neck pick up tone down to "0", and it remains smokey and articulate. Will use my strat too... and whatever Deacon Blues lends me  :-D
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline jazhombie

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 12:10:27 PM »

yeah! that damn hohner steinberger thing is crazy! i recall when you took it to my house, one statement popped up in my head

THIS IS MODERN JAZZ

love it pare, sana i can play it next time we jam

As for me, i use whatever i have at hand. My emg loaded tele seems to get the best jazz tone for me, i roll the neck pick up tone down to "0", and it remains smokey and articulate. Will use my strat too... and whatever Deacon Blues lends me  :-D
well as for you bro, kahit anong gitara naman napapakanta mo, pero wala parin tatalo sa EMG loaded tele mo with modded-Bamf scalarizers.. winner!! :-D :-D

Offline bluebossa

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2007, 02:25:47 PM »
i only have 2 guitars,my fender strat at ibanez artcore...stock lang lahat.

napansin ko lang malaki pagkakaiba ng playing ko depende kung ano ang gamit kong guitar...

set up ko sa hollowbody...cleantone,walang effects.kapag strat naman od lang at delay gamit ko...o.k naman sa akin guitars ko...wala pa naman plans na bumili ng bago...isa pa hindi practical sakin bumili ng maraming gitara kasi wala naman ako pera,hehe :-) pero siguro kapag may pera na ako mageexperiment din ako sa guitar synth....sa strat ko ilalagay. :-)

Offline joshnerez

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 03:14:38 PM »
as for me po..
strat with emg sa active pups..
i think mag siswitch ako to lace sensor.

ok lang po bah mga sir? ok ang sa kaso, di ko ma gets ang bridge tone.
"It is not great men who changes the world, but weak men in the hands of a great God."

Offline big monkey

• Netizen Level
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 09:19:20 PM »
for jazz, i like my epiphone emperor regent, and i plug it into a mesa blue angel. i get a nice hollow woody tone with just a little bit of drive and some reverb.  strings right now are d' addario chromes 12-52, sounds good with round wounds too.

Offline joshnerez

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 11:11:23 AM »
wwoah nice talaga ang flats, hmm..never tried rounds sa jazz..
"It is not great men who changes the world, but weak men in the hands of a great God."

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 03:15:57 PM »
for jazz, i like my epiphone emperor regent, and i plug it into a mesa blue angel. i get a nice hollow woody tone with just a little bit of drive and some reverb.  strings right now are d' addario chromes 12-52, sounds good with round wounds too.
Wow,mesa blue angel,Mismo yan sir!!!

Offline edmund

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2007, 07:00:37 PM »
butterfly knife nad a handgun 9mm!!!!joke weapon kc e!!!!

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2007, 10:49:48 PM »
butterfly knife nad a handgun 9mm!!!!joke weapon kc e!!!!

Ayos yun pare,yun nga lng wala na manonood sau at ttakbohan kna nila. :-D

Offline FullofEbak

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007, 12:25:06 AM »
thanks bluejem!

Hey, blue bossa, tanong ko lang, san pwede bumili ng guitar synth dito?  how much are those things worth? u think theyre worth it?  :? :-) thanks

Offline jazhombie

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2007, 10:03:22 AM »
thanks bluejem!

Hey, blue bossa, tanong ko lang, san pwede bumili ng guitar synth dito?  how much are those things worth? u think theyre worth it?  :? :-) thanks
bro c jaime, dito s forum benta nya gr-30 i thnk sbrang mura, 15 ata... pm m cya nlng ... peace :-D

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 01:46:05 AM »
When you play Jazz what kind of guitar do you want to use,solid body,semi-hollow or full hollow?Electric,bronze acoustic or nylon string guitar?

I`ll start.I like them all but I can`t bring all of them.So with that I`ll choose a guitar that can cover all the tones I need like my elegee guitar.It`s a solid body electric guitar.

What about you guys?

ok lang sir solid body guitar for jazz as long as you use heavy gauged strings (.012s or .013s). wound strings from low E to G. plain steel for the B and high E strings. masakit sa kamay but panalo naman tone ng guitar mo. hope this helps.  :-)

Just a wild gues,you might be the Clockwork`s guitar player With the Edmund as the Bassist,tama ba? :-D

Offline bluebossa

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2007, 12:24:33 PM »
thanks bluejem!

bro c jaime, dito s forum benta nya gr-30 i thnk sbrang mura, 15 ata... pm m cya nlng ... peace :-D

alam ko nga 11k na lang niya benta dati...pero sa pagkakaalam ko may konting problem daw yung synth na yun...grounded yata

Offline jazhombie

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2007, 12:39:21 PM »
thanks bluejem!

alam ko nga 11k na lang niya benta dati...pero sa pagkakaalam ko may konting problem daw yung synth na yun...grounded yata

ok lng yun, you cn adjust prameters pra ma-lessen yun hum.. mura n yun.. wla nang gnun stock dito.. rare! :-)

Offline Lahed92801

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 09:40:34 AM »
My Ibanez AS73  :-D

What's the heaviest gauge of Flatwounds you've ever found? I want heavier ones, but i'm stuck with D'addario chromes (13's) i want something like 15-16's. I don't bend much on my AS  :-D

Offline FullofEbak

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2007, 03:07:50 AM »
thanks! i was wondering: if you pair that up with even a cheap guitar, it's still going to have the same sound right? :?

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 03:11:01 AM »
Yes i am. Iba set-up ko dun sa haze. Masmababa string height ng guitar ko dun and cheopo strings lang gamit ko dun. Bad example. Ganda ng guitar mo sir i havent had the chance to hear how it sounds though. :-)

Hmm,maybe next time.Hangang pagnda nlng ako sa mga gitara e,wala na kwenta mg gitara hehe.

Offline bluejem

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 03:14:28 AM »
thanks! i was wondering: if you pair that up with even a cheap guitar, it's still going to have the same sound right? :?

Maybe,it depends on the situation also but it`s possible anyway.Say George Benson plays a lumanog guitar,I beleive it will still sound like George Benson.

Offline brianb

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2007, 11:26:28 AM »
My Ibanez AS73  :-D

What's the heaviest gauge of Flatwounds you've ever found? I want heavier ones, but i'm stuck with D'addario chromes (13's) i want something like 15-16's. I don't bend much on my AS  :-D

Out of curiosity, where do you buy your D'addario chromes? I can't find anything heavier than 11 or the occasional 12. I'd like to buy a whole year's supply of 13's sana.

I think if you want to go down to 15-16 you have to use a B string as your E.

Offline fusionenigma

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2007, 10:54:48 AM »
Hmm,maybe next time.Hangang pagnda nlng ako sa mga gitara e,wala na kwenta mg gitara hehe.

too much humility from someone who sounds like larry carlton (sabi ni edmund)...  :-)
"One thing I like about jazz is that it emphasized doing things differently from what other people were doing." Herbie Hancock