hulika

Author Topic: production na may budget???  (Read 3730 times)

Offline victor_ungasis

• Netizen Level
production na may budget???
« on: May 07, 2007, 04:43:33 PM »
meron bang production na may budget?
yung hindi ticket selling tapos may budget,  at least pang transpo, hindi lang beer or food.

meron nga bang ganun?

nakita nyo ba si mang temi??? brownout kasi eh

Offline vinz

Re: production na may budget???
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 09:43:26 PM »
yung hindi ticket selling tapos may budget,  at least pang transpo, hindi lang beer or food.

meron nga bang ganun?

bihira yan tol...kasi sa panahon ngayon mahirap maghanap ng sponsor...pwera nalang kung sobrang yaman nung production...depende rin sa sponsor yan...mahirap na maghanap ng gig ngayon na lahat ng previlege makukuha natin...pero ayus lang ROCK EN ROLL pa rin yan hehe...

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 10:47:14 PM »
What do you think you are, rockstars?  :-D

Kung tugtugan, chances are pag no-name or obscure bands ang tutugtog, hindi ka talaga dudumugin sa venue.  Kaya may ticket-selling to compel bands to bring their supportive buddies.

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 05:01:49 AM »
Meron.

Offline tagarits

• Netizen Level
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 08:35:11 AM »
madalang yata yung ganto bro.karamihan sa mga prods ngayon tlga compromise eh.pero sarap kase tumugtog talaga  :-D

Offline IncX

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 12:37:55 PM »

meron nga bang ganun?

if you try producing a gig you would deal with things such as rent, equipment, people expenses ... and you will be coordinating these things while arguing, fighting, insisting, begging and throwing your pride out the window...

do you know how much all of this cost?

im telling you: its A LOT OF MONEY (im not even factoring stress here) ... the very fact that an unknown (and more often than not, crappy) band can play on an amp that costs 50K and a PA system worth 100K is like mana from heaven already... if you get free beer and food, then hug those organizers and thank them for letting you get up onstage to play your music that even your parents wont listen to (at least in my case, hahaha).

im not pro "pay for play" here ... i think those prods are trash as well... they make you pay and then they make you play on a makeshift cardboard thats suppose to be a half stack.

what im saying is that: do not expect money from music. dont expect a car to pick you up from your house and take you to the venue, while roadies tune your guitar and help you after your 3-5 song set. do not expect KFC for dinner ... do not expect ppl to call you just because you play well.

here's what to expect: a lot of tired nights, doubts, practice and negative cashflow. THAT is taken away by the pure power and emotion of being onstage and watching the ppl below you love your music.

-*-

to answer your question: yep, there are productions that have budgets. are you a good band though? are you certain ppl will go out, pay money and watch you?

im not any of those... thats why im starting my own prod, hehehehe... i hate pay for play and begging

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 01:33:44 PM »
here's what to expect: a lot of tired nights, doubts, practice and negative cashflow. THAT is taken away by the pure power and emotion of being onstage and watching the ppl below you love your music.

+1

i hate to be idealistic, but for me, i do it because i enjoy it. 2 years the underground scene, we have only been paid once. yung iba na my budget, pinakaokey na is binigyan kami ng whole yellowcab manhattan MLs pizza hehe and that was a production in our school sa uste.

bottom line is, only showbands rake in money. :-D

Offline Cressin

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 02:33:56 PM »
My friends have a gig this thursday (may 10) and guess what?!?! no tickets!!
haha its going to be on gwelios eastwood...
The only catch is that they need to have a guest.. Well you could say it's another way of saying "tickets" but the prod didnt actually say how many. "Basta meron kahit ilan" daw. that's not so bad is it?  :-D

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 07:12:07 PM »
I only recently got swept away in the underground scene in my new Alt. Metal band.. Nakakapanibago, 5-6 gigs per month. Kolumn Bar, Center for Arts, OFC, etc... And last night at the Kolumn was the first time we got anything! The production treated us a round of drinks and a platter of pansit canton. Tutal, we never no-showed him daw... yet. Haha. :-D Yeah, it's the passion that drives me and my bandmates. We don't get anything. We spend on fare and food. (Taga south ako, no choice but mag-taxi lagi kasi wala nang buses...) But it's something that we continue to do.

Ooo badong, no pay daw.. e sikat na kayo eh! hehe

+1

i hate to be idealistic, but for me, i do it because i enjoy it. 2 years the underground scene, we have only been paid once. yung iba na my budget, pinakaokey na is binigyan kami ng whole yellowcab manhattan MLs pizza hehe and that was a production in our school sa uste.

bottom line is, only showbands rake in money. :-D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 09:21:31 PM by sjon014 »
Pinoydrums Lanyard - North distribution THIS SUNDAY, 2PM, TMS Alimall!
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,148425.msg1983008.html#msg1983008

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 12:36:13 AM »
wtf? :-o hahaha bagong balita yan parekoy a  heheh :-D :-D

Ooo badong, no pay daw.. e sikat na kayo eh! hehe

Offline cool2ny

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 01:52:03 PM »
My friends have a gig this thursday (may 10) and guess what?!?! no tickets!!
haha its going to be on gwelios eastwood...
The only catch is that they need to have a guest.. Well you could say it's another way of saying "tickets" but the prod didnt actually say how many. "Basta meron kahit ilan" daw. that's not so bad is it?  :-D

ok na din yun... anong prod yun?

pa pm nalang ng details.

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 09:28:06 PM »
guys, ewan ko ha, pero with my band, for the past 2 years hindi na kami kumukuha ng ticketselling prod. but still, the gigs come atleast twice a week. i don't know what our friend-manager is doing, but i think the key to that is proper contact and connection. kahit simpleng refer lang, it can do wonders.

at siyempre, makakatulong kung aggressive siya hehe kasi minsan, tumutugtog kami sa isang prod, tapos nalaman nalang namin, after, na ticketselling pala yun, pero hindi kami pinagbenta.

but know this guys, IMO i think everybody will and must go through the ticketselling phase. sabi nga nila, "and daan papuntang langit ay yung daan galing impiyerno."

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 10:02:16 PM »
The "suki" prod we're sort of under right now does offer free gigs, at places that can be rented for free like Kolumn. Dun grabe, bukod sa traumatic experiences with gear, may times na kahit sinong banda (I'm not saying our band is good) ang papapasukin dahil sa "open-band first-come first play policy" nila, tapos wala pang dalang gamit. May time na pinahiram ko na yung hihats and crash ko para lang matuloy yung gig kasi sabi ng prod, ikakancel nia pag walang magagamit yung mga banda. Eh so ayun. I got my crash cracked. Nakakainis. Hindi ko matrack kung sino nakagawa kasi as bahay ko na nakita yung hairline crack na lumaki na.

Kaya sometimes it's much better pag ticket-selling. The venues are generally better (OFC, Center for Arts, Freedom) and the people are too.
I hope I'm not coming across as a jerk sa post na 'to, observation ko lang naman yun.

Yet we continue to play... and this time, sabi ng prod, kahit cable lang ng gitara hiramin, may kapalit na 1 beer/pulutan! Yehey! :-D
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,148425.msg1983008.html#msg1983008

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 10:36:13 PM »
OT:

you've gotta be kidding RE: OFC as better than kolumn in terms of house equipment.

OFC house equipment is the worst i have ever seen in any bar.

back to topic:

for a frequent gigger, sobrang unacceptable yung ticket selling prods. BUT, kung bihira lang mag-gig ang isang banda, lets say around once a month or in 2 months, mas okey yung ticket selling since they can invite friends to come along.

its harder to invite friends twice a week, right? :-D

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 11:16:18 PM »
Yeah, the mics fail at times (or everytime), and the drumset's floor tom tends to lose its legs (hehe) but I don't think it's as bad as Kolumn! Pero tama ka nga naman, Freedom, CoF, and others are definitely above those two in terms of equipment.

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2007, 11:28:44 PM »
Yeah, the mics fail at times (or everytime), and the drumset's floor tom tends to lose its legs (hehe) but I don't think it's as bad as Kolumn! Pero tama ka nga naman, Freedom, CoF, and others are definitely above those two in terms of equipment.

its not the mics, its the mixer. we brought our own mic, sira pa din. we ended up plugging it to the smaller aria pro2 amp, since 4 piece lang kami.

ewan ko, pero sa amps, lamang ang kolumn sa freedom. mejo different language yung usapan natin since drummer ka hehehe

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2007, 11:36:57 PM »
ano bang amps sa kolumn ? last year kami tumugtog diyan ang nagamit namin eh isang fender na keyboard amp yata and yung isang amp eh bitbit nung nag pa production MGDFX na 50 watts. yung drums di ko maalala pero walang cymbals, ginamit ko yung cymbals ko bitbit at snare ok naman.

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2007, 11:49:00 PM »
Marshall MG100DFX ata , tapos the other Guitar amp is a Fender Twin Reverb (or at least it looks like one).  Tapos the bass amp is a Marshall Head on top of a Cab, kaso may sira yung head (sira ulo! haha). Actually, the amps are not bad. Pero the sound system makes the performers sound bad overall. There are only two floor monitors, three meters away from the stage. The amps are positioned na "magkakadikit" possibly more out of convenience than for acoustic purposes.

ETO NA.. ang drumset! Ilang beses na 'to nagiging point of discussion sa pinoydrums hehe.. It's a blue fernando with lazer skins, a generic pedal na "lubog", a hi-hat stand which gets stuck when you step on the pedal, and add a hi-hat clutch that doesn't grip the hat well. Unadjustable snare, straight, and boom stands. Single-braced, tapos yung boom arm ay di nakafasten kaya umiikot magisa. There are no cymbals. The paiste 101 hi-hat top is the only serviceable cymbal there, and it's best used as a crude crash. Hi-hats are composed of a cracked paiste 101 and a bottom B8 thin crash cut with pliers into 14 inches.

OO, GALIT AKO SA DRUMS NG KOLUMN! Hehe...

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 11:56:35 PM »
^^ haha kaya siguro wala kaming problem kasi full battle gear lagi yung drummer namin pag sa kolumn yung tugtog hehe 3 cymbals, a pedal, his snare and stand, chka hats. hehe

+1 sa monitor problem.

yung marshall ng kolumn e yung valvestate, yung AVT+++ 4 channels ata yun, master volume, pero SS. yung fender di ko na maalala.

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2007, 11:59:57 PM »
hmmm mukhang iba na yang gamit ah, nung tumugtog kami diyan last year bago pa yang blue na fernando drums, pero walang cymbals as in then iisa pa nga lang yung guitar amp w/c is a Fender Keyboard amp. at tama yung bass amp eh marshall na head. iremember bitbit ko yung B8 set ko nun saka yung 12X5 ko na yamaha snare.

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2007, 12:03:59 AM »
Buti na lang magsasara na sila! Hehehe.. Lilipat daw sa Katips ang Kolumn after the end of the month. I hope bago na ang gear. I also try to bring as much as I can (snare, pedal, hats, crash/ride) kaso mahirap pag walang "PA friends-slash-audience" (hehe) at commutanté kaming lahat. Tapos wala pa akong proper cases for my snare and pedal. Nakatambak ang snare, pedal, at hats sa isang gym bag ko (naka-wrap sa t-shirt lahat para di mag-gasgasan). Talk about crude! :-D

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2007, 12:09:19 AM »
haha grabe yun ah

nung nagko-commute pa kami, snare at isang cymbal lang ang dala ng drummer namin eh hehehe buti nalang ngayon me transpo na, pwede nang itambak dun sa trunk lahat ng gamit hahaha

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2007, 12:24:04 AM »
Hehe, saya magkwentuhan, pero medyo OT na tayo.

its not the mics, its the mixer. we brought our own mic, sira pa din. we ended up plugging it to the smaller aria pro2 amp, since 4 piece lang kami.

ewan ko, pero sa amps, lamang ang kolumn sa freedom. mejo different language yung usapan natin since drummer ka hehehe

Teka, di ko nabasa 'to! Publico?? Hahaha. Natawa ako sa Plastic Baloo, wala nang mic-mic si "Raimund"! Tumugtog kami dyan sa OFC, drummer ako ng Cursor 63 n'on. Nag-hiatus muna. The itch of playing live forced me to consider sessioning for an Alternative Metal band despite my musical preferences. Kaso ayun, na-wili, so eto na, unofficial Timog Bar Tour as a metalhead! Hehehe. Album recording na ba kayo?

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2007, 12:44:03 AM »
^^ walanghiya! haha ikaw pala yung drummer non! classmate ata ng drummer namin yung vocalist/guitarist at yung bassist nun. haha andito ka din pala

Hehehe. Album recording na ba kayo?

yes, in the process na. :-D kanya kanyang bayad!! hahahaha

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2007, 12:53:00 AM »
No offense sa prod ng bagong banda namin ngayon pero... ASTIG PARIN TETAMACHINE! Haha. No ticket selling! :-D (Yes, I believe I'm already kissing ass hahaha)

Ouch, kanya-kanya?? Ayaw niyong mag Fund Raising gig alá Effinboiche? Hehe.