hulika

Author Topic: Anyone Listening to Jrock or Jpop?  (Read 10198 times)

Offline Larukunai

• Veteran Member
Re: The thing about J-Rock.
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2007, 09:12:24 AM »
Umm Mr. Free I think you must practice more on ear training ah yun lang, the other people might know the reason why  :-D
J-Rock Guitarist
Gear: Fernandes FGZ-400
Kisetsu wa odayaka ni owari o tsugeta ne Iro do rareta kioku ni yosete Sayonara     Ai o kureta ano hito wa Kono hitomi ni yurameiteita.......

Offline Larukunai

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2007, 09:20:54 AM »
j-rock? i seriously don't know what the fuss is all about. as much as i love the japanese people and their culture, i just can't seem to appreciate this genre of music. it's all very cliche with the make-up and flashy guitars, which i find boring and tasteless. i guess the masses get pumped with "JAPANESE ARE COOL! THEY GAVE US MANGA, ANIME, SAMURAI! COOOOOOOL!!!" so i guess we're all brainwashed into thinking that J-ROCK must be cool too. unfortunately, i don't think that's the case. though there are numerous japanese musicians who are outstanding songcrafters, only a small handful of them would be from the j-rock genre. i personally prefer listening to filipino music. i seriously reckon that there are no better bass players in asia than filipinos. i guess we just have groove and flow? btw, larc en ciel? come on, people! larc en ciel, is a mockery of everything that is good in japanese music. the hit anime series BECK: mongolian chop squad has even made fun of them in "Belle Ame", Eiji's new band after Ryusuke's departure.

watch this pag fancy guitars and make up parin ang napansi nyu po  :-D ewan ko nalang, ear surgery perhaps?
J-Rock Guitarist
Kisetsu wa odayaka ni owari o tsugeta ne Iro do rareta kioku ni yosete Sayonara     Ai o kureta ano hito wa Kono hitomi ni yurameiteita.......

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2007, 02:55:55 PM »
oo nga puro l arc ciel ba yun.. lagui na lang sila ang nasasbi sa Jrock??

have you ever heard of AKira takasaki??

or akio Shimizu of Anthem??

dami kayang malulupet na musicians sa japan... Gackt.. they look Gay sa camera.. pa emote pa... blah blha.. gusto ko sex machineguns

Offline free

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2007, 06:01:07 PM »
j-rock? i seriously don't know what the fuss is all about. as much as i love the japanese people and their culture, i just can't seem to appreciate this genre of music. it's all very cliche with the make-up and flashy guitars, which i find boring and tasteless. i guess the masses get pumped with "JAPANESE ARE COOL! THEY GAVE US MANGA, ANIME, SAMURAI! COOOOOOOL!!!" so i guess we're all brainwashed into thinking that J-ROCK must be cool too. unfortunately, i don't think that's the case. though there are numerous japanese musicians who are outstanding songcrafters, only a small handful of them would be from the j-rock genre. i personally prefer listening to filipino music. i seriously reckon that there are no better bass players in asia than filipinos. i guess we just have groove and flow? btw, larc en ciel? come on, people! larc en ciel, is a mockery of everything that is good in japanese music. the hit anime series BECK: mongolian chop squad has even made fun of them in "Belle Ame", Eiji's new band after Ryusuke's departure.

watch this pag fancy guitars and make up parin ang napansi nyu po  :-D ewan ko nalang, ear surgery perhaps?

well, yeah. it's still guitarists sporting fashy clothes playing flashy guitars. could they play? yes, i guess they could. do they have good technique? perhaps. now, is it a good song? nope, i don't think so. all they did was jam together for a few minutes. so, yeah, i'm still waiting to be impressed. i'm not gonna go crazy over two guys doodling on their guitars with all the technique in the world. they didn't even allow the song to breathe. to top it off, it sounds the same as the rest of the crowd.
"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it". - Edith Sitwell

Offline free

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2007, 06:05:50 PM »

dami kayang malulupet na musicians sa japan... Gackt.. they look Gay sa camera.. pa emote pa... blah blha.. gusto ko sex machineguns

i haven't heard of them but will check them out. i'll let you know what i think of them soon :)

Umm Mr. Free I think you must practice more on ear training ah yun lang, the other people might know the reason why  :-D

my ears are fine. and anyway. i don't think you need ear training to be able to appreciate music. true, you would most probably be able to appreciate the music more if that was the case, but it's hardly necessary. yes, i am stirring the pot lol
"I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it". - Edith Sitwell

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2007, 08:40:39 PM »
sir loudness rocks talaga.. akira takasaki is so good..

over the neck tapping.. galing talaga.. check them out..

look out for Galneryus too.. and Sex Machineguns..

Galneryus has 100% english lyrics sa albums nila

Offline sonnaqs

Re: Anyone Listening to Jrock or Jpop?
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2007, 11:49:07 PM »
sir di rip off ang sex machineguns sa sex pistols

machineguns lang sila kasi mas malakas ang machineguns

as stated in Wiki pedia

sir mahirap na makakuha ng torrent ng sex machineguns at kung makakuha ka minsan walang seeds.. hirap.. lupet ng mga riffs nila lalos sa HEAVY METAL THUNDER album nila.. panalo talaga.. ganda pa ng harmony..

Galneryus naman.. mejo nabaduyan na ako sa recent  album nila coz the vocalist is trying to sound american,.. di na talaga bagay.. but guitar chops are getting even better..

Loudness.. still so LOud.. we are covering soldier of fortune.. hirap nga lang ng tapping part nun solo..

EVH si Akira Takasaki ng JAPAN

Naalala ko pa si Atsushi ng The Dawn that told me about Lord Akira Takasaki ng Loudness hehhe
"never let the music die down!!"
\m/ ^__^ \m/

Offline oist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2007, 03:13:03 AM »

well, yeah. it's still guitarists sporting fashy clothes playing flashy guitars. could they play? yes, i guess they could. do they have good technique? perhaps. now, is it a good song? nope, i don't think so. all they did was jam together for a few minutes. so, yeah, i'm still waiting to be impressed. i'm not gonna go crazy over two guys doodling on their guitars with all the technique in the world. they didn't even allow the song to breathe. to top it off, it sounds the same as the rest of the crowd.

try listening to judy and mary songs then..

no shreds, but creativity is superb. too bad they broke up..

Offline citan

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2007, 03:04:12 PM »
LOUDNESS!!!! hehe..IMHO, nakukuha ng j-rock / jpop ang kiliti ng mga anime viewers dahil sa simple at catchy melodies nila. madaling maretain sa utak. dun sila magaling, sa creativity at arrangement ng mga kanta. pero iba na yung mainstream ngayon sa jrock, nakakainis na. masyadong western na ang dating, maka emo/death/nu metal na. parang gusto na lang maging rockstars, wala namang talent.

i enjoy classic jpop/jrock tunes. b'z, mr. children, do as infinity, larc, bonnie pink, utada hikaru are my favorites. hindi man sila ganun ka technical when it comes to playing, at least may blues licks man lang at maganda naman yung arrangement ng mga kanta. hindi tulad ngayon na kung hindi pasikatan, pabilisan naman at pabigatan.

marami ring magaling na japanese musicians. anjan nga yung loudness, x- japan, t-square, casiopea, at yung mga session musicians nila. imho ulit, kahit hindi ko masyadong naiintindihan yung lyrics (may mga translation naman sa web), mas pipiliin ko pa ring makinig sa kanila kaysa sa mga pinoy artists na walang ginawa kundi manggaya at magrevive ng kanta. wala nang O sa opm ngayon. makikinig na lang ako sa mga nabanggit kong mga artists, kasi yung mainstream nga ngayon sa japan e western masyado ang dating.

tak matsumoto = japanese evh (wannabe) hehe...b'z rocks!

Offline anoemous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2007, 08:23:07 PM »
judy and mary rocks! astig yung sa sobakasu nila.
i also listen to shocking lemon and shonen knife
pero pinakagusto ko pa rin eh yung asian kung fu generation. very catchy yung melody ng kanta nila.  :-)
Lurking Philmusic since 2006

Offline fingertapper1

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2007, 11:07:39 PM »

ayun at last may nakikinig ng maayos na j rock! hahaha! gackt and larc en ciel? hahahaha puro nalang sila pero kung sa tugtugan lang walang wala sila sa loudness,anthem or sexmachineguns.

pero don't think na pang metal lang naappreciate ko ayos din naman ung the brilliant green saka pizzicato 5...

what i don't like about some j-rock bands namely... ano and ano... ewan ko as a musician na fefeel ko ung sincerity ng music e... parang ung iba wala... hindi authentic. and one thing i hate are boybands posing as bands... pero i'm not naming names... hahahahahaha!

Offline Larukunai

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2007, 05:22:14 PM »
I would also want to add an info base on my analysis why people love j-rock not just in the Philippines but around the world including Finland "kung saan galing ang nokia", Korea "kung saan galing ang samsung", Japan "kung saan galing ang sony ericsson" Europe ETC... is because of the melody of the songs try to analyze different countries different languages howcome they love it very much even ung mga songs na hinde nagiging OST ng mga anime?  :-D
J-Rock Guitarist

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2007, 08:46:30 PM »
Ako, Asian kung-fu generation... dahil sa Naruto :-D :-D :-D

Offline sonnaqs

« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2007, 03:18:35 AM »

ayun at last may nakikinig ng maayos na j rock! hahaha! gackt and larc en ciel? hahahaha puro nalang sila pero kung sa tugtugan lang walang wala sila sa loudness,anthem or sexmachineguns.

pero don't think na pang metal lang naappreciate ko ayos din naman ung the brilliant green saka pizzicato 5...

what i don't like about some j-rock bands namely... ano and ano... ewan ko as a musician na fefeel ko ung sincerity ng music e... parang ung iba wala... hindi authentic. and one thing i hate are boybands posing as bands... pero i'm not naming names... hahahahahaha!

heheh oo nga cla ang mainstream hehe..
chaka ibang iba tlga sila pumorma at magexpress ng music... gayish is in sa kanila..
its a way of being pogi sa kanila e.. bishi ika nga..

yeah jpop kaaliw tlga..
utada hikaru (my love)
bonnie pink din cool :P
\m/ ^__^ \m/

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2007, 02:42:22 PM »
try searching for Onmyouza sa youtube.. 2 lead guitarists with different styles in playing.. tehy also where kimonos during Gigs.. female vocals with metal sound.. ganda talaga nito..

i have all their albums.. ^_^

this are bands i listen to
LOUDNESS
Sex Machineguns
Galneryus
Anthem
Onmyouza

Offline pyrosolaris

« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2007, 11:11:29 PM »
Anybody listening to Abingdon Boys High School?

My friend has a song...

Ayos lang naman sa akin ang j-rock, yung mabibigat. meron yung mga iba, meron yung kaibigan ko na taga sa amin, halos puro j-rock ang laman ng mp3 nya, pineplay namin sa jeep, tapos chat kami tungkol sa game na brainchild nya...
Rise O fallen fighters,
Rise and take your stance again,
Coz he whho fights and runs away, Live to fight another day  -Berhane Selassie (Hon. Robert Nesta Marley, O.M.) The Heathen, Bob Marley and the Wailers   BAKIT 125 LANG ANG POSTS KO??? MODS

Offline SuperWeak!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2007, 08:19:13 PM »
Maximum the Hormone

asian kung fu generation

beat crusaders!!!

da best jrocks!!!

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2007, 09:30:58 PM »
onmyouza maganda din

Offline oist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2007, 07:19:39 PM »
beat crusaders rock!! :-D

parang lalo akong namo-motivate mag form ng jrock band.. hehe....  tipong mix ng judy and mary, shonen knife saka beat crusaders.. :-)

Offline sevenzero

• Netizen Level
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2007, 07:31:45 PM »
try: Zetsubou Billy, Kuso breakin no Breaking Lily, Koi no mega lover, Louisiana Bob and minoreba rock of Maximum the Hormone :D
Drumming is Passion...

Offline SuperWeak!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2007, 08:26:06 PM »
try: Zetsubou Billy, Kuso breakin no Breaking Lily, Koi no mega lover, Louisiana Bob and minoreba rock of Maximum the Hormone :D

what's up people !!! pa

Offline sonnaqs

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2007, 06:06:03 AM »
yeah!!!
sobrang aliw na aliw ako sa maximum the hormone!
kulet ng videos,,
asteg ang fusion nila ng ibat ibang bagsakan!!
enjoi!
\m/ ^__^ \m/

Offline manins

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2007, 01:31:47 PM »
hi! i listen to jpop pero i only get to listen to it via anime, the soundtracks I mean. i like l'arc en ciel and asian kung fu generation. i dont know a lot. pero i also like ayaka's jewelry day (tama ba?)

:mrgreen:

underside
now and again, its rather tempting to tell the truth with a  joke.

Offline chypre

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2007, 04:27:23 PM »
hi! i listen to jpop pero i only get to listen to it via anime, the soundtracks I mean. i like l'arc en ciel and asian kung fu generation. i dont know a lot. pero i also like ayaka's jewelry day (tama ba?)

:mrgreen:

underside

hehe asian kung fu ayus.. i also listen to H&MC, jpop/jrock with a touch of electronica.. galing lan lumalabas na tunog sa kanila, pati mga chord pattern nila may drastic change sa key from verse to chorus pero ang ganda lumalabas..hehe

Epiphone G310(ETS)>Boss CS-3,Boston HM-100,Boston EQ-100>Boston CH-100>Boston FL-100>Zoom GFX 707(i)>>>

Offline rajhan lennon

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2007, 07:47:37 PM »
do as infinity  8-)

im a real nowhere walrus