hulika

Author Topic: RIVERMAYA NOT DISBANDED!  (Read 27520 times)

Offline totsandnotions

Re: RIVERMAYA DISBANDED ?
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2007, 05:45:37 PM »
si barerra! gagawa si blanco ng kanta para kay pacquiao.  :-o
Check out our album Thoughts and Notions: In awe of his Amazing Love. Available at all House of Praise Outlets Nationwide. to hear samples of our song, visit www.purevolume.com/thoughtsandnotions

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2007, 06:40:23 PM »
If you are famous for 14 yrs. tapos parang may gusto ka pang gawin na iba. Will you also leave your band?
Please be active at Pinoy Music Fan Forums. :)

Offline totsandnotions

« Reply #102 on: June 21, 2007, 11:28:30 PM »
NO. Utang na loob sa banda. You wouldn't be where you are if it weren't for the band. And international success beckons. it's a new challenge. If iiwan man, sana explain ng husto. di lang basta magbigay ng flimsy reasons di ba?
Check out our album Thoughts and Notions: In awe of his Amazing Love. Available at all House of Praise Outlets Nationwide. to hear samples of our song, visit www.purevolume.com/thoughtsandnotions

Offline stilljey

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #103 on: June 22, 2007, 03:55:52 AM »
gusto rin yatang magsolo....maambisyon? di nya kayang abutin si bamboo!

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #104 on: June 22, 2007, 04:50:55 AM »
markmaya  said:
     Hello everyone, this is mark from rivermaya.
Just wanna say thanks to all those who expressed their support. And to the others, nothing but respect. A big thank you to Jim & Philmusic for always keeping it real. As you guys have probably heard, we WILL go on. One of the biggest misconceptions in Philippine music history is that Blanco writes all of rivermaya's music. May look that way on paper, but I assure you that's FAR from the simple truth and even HE knows that. Doubt he'll ever admit it though. What I will do is prove it, along with my bandmates Mike Elgar & Japs Sergio who are more 'rivermaya' than anyone else in the past. WAY more than BLANCO. Talent without character is NOTHING. We are here are those who believe in us and actually enjoy the drama, haha! Seriously, music lang 'to pero buhay ko 'to. Kung di niyo trip yung maya, thats cool (if you only knew which songs of ours that even I DIDNT like, haha). My bands future is uncertain. Ive accepted that. Hell, Im so used to it by now. One things for sure though, im not gonna let it end the way Mr. Blanco wants it to end. Over my dead body smilies/grin.gif Sarap tumugtog men! All you musicians out there can surely relate. Thanks to Philmusic, my life (and rivermaya's) is an open book for you guys basta atin atin lang ha? hehe. Ask me anything.... and I answer some of it smilies/wink.gif
Cheers!!! Mabuhay ang musikang Pilipino.

yun naman pala eh! di naman pala si blanco nag susulat ng kanta? bakit kaya di pa nila dati pa tinanggal yun ? akala ko kaya lang nila pinilit kumanta yun dahil siya nag susulat ng mga kanta eh... sa totoo lang.. boses niya..  yuckkk.. ehhehee di hamak na laking galing kumanta ni dyugss kumpara dun hehehe.

uy dyugss radiator ah ehehe
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 04:53:38 AM by bugoy »

Offline dyugs666

« Reply #105 on: June 22, 2007, 01:36:25 PM »

yun naman pala eh! di naman pala si blanco nag susulat ng kanta? bakit kaya di pa nila dati pa tinanggal yun ? akala ko kaya lang nila pinilit kumanta yun dahil siya nag susulat ng mga kanta eh... sa totoo lang.. boses niya..  yuckkk.. ehhehee di hamak na laking galing kumanta ni dyugss kumpara dun hehehe.

uy dyugss radiator ah ehehe

HOY! Nambola ka pa!!! Bwehehehe! Deyns, boses etchas ako!! Magaling kumanta si RB, medyo O.A. nga lang!  :|
Anyway, totoo yung sinasabi ni bespren markmaya...
actually, yung isa sa pinaka-favorite songs nila, yung NERBYOSO, co-writer si mark dun :)
and.... ayokong mag-preempt, pero may 2 songs daw si mark na sobrang ganda, at sobrang MAYA. (this is according to Mike Elgar).

Malay natin, naho-hold back lang sila dati noong nandun pa si you know who.... pero ngayon, Free As A Bird na sila!!!

Supportahan na lang natin sila. Ipagdasal natin sila. Kayang-kaya yan!!!  :wink:
@jugsjugsjugs on Twitter and Instagram

Offline stilljey

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #106 on: June 22, 2007, 02:26:29 PM »
attitude problem kasi tsk..tsk..tsk.....but go..go..go rivermaya! me liwanag pa rin sa dilim.  :wink:

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #107 on: June 22, 2007, 03:33:40 PM »
Ang gulo !!

Offline lizzagn2007

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2007, 08:25:35 PM »
Actually I've known the Rivermaya management for years. It's not a group of "corporate types," it's just Lizza Nakpil and she is hardly a "corporate type suit" , she's as odd and bohemian as they come. (ha ha, sorry Lizza!) It's just that the company ran Rivermaya professionally, contracts-wise, deals-wise, etc.

All pro bands should be run that way. And a lot of them are - Pancho (who was Lizza's ex-road manager) for Bamboo, Richard Tan for Parokya / Kamikazee, etc.

Band managers can learn a thing or two about 'em.

As for commercial risks, Rivermaya did some adventurous unheard of things with Lizza's management. Rivermaya Remixed ... the "Free" album - given away for free ... even the current album, covering obscure 80's songs.

ODDBALL? BOHEMIAN?
What on earth do you mean?

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2007, 08:33:28 PM »

ODDBALL? BOHEMIAN?
What on earth do you mean?
[/quote]

ODDBALL? BOHEMIAN?
What on earth do you also mean?

Offline lizzagn2007

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2007, 11:20:17 AM »
Hi Jim and everyone...
My apologies if my first impulse is to be irreverent.
But I am having difficulty processing some of the statements made on this forum...

Namely,
a) Rivermaya has a problem because I don't play guitar - and don't play in a band?
b) Through mysterious means, I manipulate the band in creating music they don't want to? And thus, Mr. Blanco is now safely away from my clutches.
c) That my being a so-called "oddball and bohemian" is an adequate defense against those charges?

Please let me know if my understanding is correct. And don't worry, I am not lawyering up and I only wear my "suit" when I go to bed at nights in my coffin.

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2007, 11:33:32 AM »
Lizza - in my book being an oddball and bohemian is an adorable trait - and yes I would think pointing out such funky traits balance out the "suit-ness" of the job for the critics. Of course there are great rock managers like Paul McGuiness (U2) who look like they should be running a bank somewhere, but that doesn't make them any less effective.

Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline lizzagn2007

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: RIVERMAYA DISBANDED ? - NOT!
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2007, 02:57:08 PM »
thank you jim...
all i meant to say was : it doesn't matter what instrument you do or don't play (sorry but that rankles...and as a matter of fact i can play mozart and beethoven on the piano as well as the kulintang, since my parents thought i should know one western and one filipino instrument to complete my education...)
and it doesn't matter what you wear or how non-conformist you are.
what does matter is how much you believe in your band's music, and how hard you are prepared to work to get it out there.
perhaps you should have a section for managers. i think this whole thing is sending a collective shiver down every manager's spines.

the star world features took me and warner almost TWO YEARS to work on...and that's not the worst.
i had confirmed our appearance at baybeats in singapore this august and for the last few months had been working on a SECOND SHOW timed for the same period.
again, this had taken many months of plotting...the producer wouldn't tell me who it was - just that i would be really happy when i found out and that it would be on august 1st. of course, when i had to say we were out because we had just lost our lead vocals...they told me who it was...(long sigh, sounds of breaking glass, lizza trying to leap out the window)..

now, I WILL GIVE YOU ONE GUESS AS TO WHO WE WERE SUPPOSED TO FRONT FOR...

ah, but the sun always rises, and tomorrow is a new day. hand me my suit :)

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2007, 08:42:11 PM »
Well it can't be Van Halen because EVH threw in the towel - so it must be THE CURE   :cry:

Offline Dindin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2007, 12:04:32 AM »
It's the CURE! I'm planning to go to Singapore to watch them on August 1! Too bad... it would have been a better experience if Maya would have been there too... Who knows... Blanco might do a Zach Dela Rocha and do a one night show...

Just keep him several meters away from Mark all the time... hehehe

Offline sponkel

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2007, 12:19:19 AM »
shet kung The Cure nga sayang naman
Visit the Phantom Mime on soundclick!www.soundlick.com/PhantomMime

LOOKING FOR ROCK GUITARIST LP AREA click here for more info

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2007, 07:23:28 AM »
I think Maya chose their new frontman already...

see http://watdat.livejournal.com/19101.html

« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 07:24:31 AM by Jim Ayson »

Offline Dindin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2007, 01:26:47 AM »
Here's the correct image, Jim! hehehe

Offline jam_nineworkz

« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2007, 01:47:17 AM »
guys, gimmick lang yan. i would bet my whole pedalboard na they will have a comeback from this ill-tasted gimmick. :roll:

kelangan ng bago, eh, diba?

nako parang totoo...mawawala board mo tsong... :-D

joke lang... :evil:

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2007, 01:52:09 AM »
guys, gimmick lang yan. i would bet my whole pedalboard na they will have a comeback from this ill-tasted gimmick. :roll:

HAHAHA OMG

pero i still think na magkakaron ng comeback.  :-)

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2007, 06:56:45 PM »

Kung sila magkakaroon ng comeback.

Sana naman E-heads din.

HAHAHA OMG

pero i still think na magkakaron ng comeback.  :-)

Offline khaffalmhoukz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2007, 07:16:01 PM »
Here's the correct image, Jim! hehehe

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Ayos to ah Sir Dindin!!!

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2007, 07:21:51 PM »
Sino yun?  :? :evil:

Offline cowboi_way

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2007, 10:39:09 PM »
f reyes? (not father) :-D
fender standard strat (standard lang)squire by fender strat cali (crap)fender fm 25dsp (crappy)marshall ms-2r (great sounding amp, cool od)yamaha fx370c (ok na rin)kahon - maestro ( nakita sa mag used by escueta)line 6 - floor pod ( yeah  ! )
fender-dc60

Offline lizzagn2007

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2007, 11:13:06 PM »
when do i get that "whole pedalboard"

:evil: