hulika

Author Topic: MSI Mother Board - 8 beeps  (Read 3581 times)

ginblue

MSI Mother Board - 8 beeps
« on: June 16, 2007, 04:17:21 PM »
hi,

Can somebody help me how I can repair my pc. Its not showing anything
on the screen when it starts and beeps 8 times.
What should I do? I already replaced my video card with a new gforce 5500
but still it beeps. According to the website of msi, 8 beeps means Display memory Read/Write Failure. But as I have said I already replaced my video card.
Is it the board that has problem?

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: MSI Mother Board - 8 beeps
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 09:30:25 PM »
Have you tried going to a PC repair shop?
This happened to me before.. all it took was a new video card. Hmm.. but maybe it's with the monitor??

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 11:17:07 PM »
sira na motherboard palit na yan eheheh

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 12:34:23 AM »
can you post the motherboard model? meron ba siya D bracket? its a Led diagnostic display with 4 led's to indicate 16 possible boot errors. most high end MSI boards have this... is it a serious of long and short beeps? or consistent short beeps? what exactly happened before this no display problem?
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

ginblue

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 09:22:52 AM »
sira na motherboard palit na yan eheheh

heheheh tama ka, pinalita ko na nga. hay gastos nawala yung pangGAS ko. tsk

MSI Socket A yung mother board.
Sana pede ko pa to magamit, ok pa yung amd duron eh, board lang ang problem. sayang kase yung
memory ko dun na 756mb.

ginblue

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 09:26:06 AM »
can you post the motherboard model? meron ba siya D bracket? its a Led diagnostic display with 4 led's to indicate 16 possible boot errors. most high end MSI boards have this... is it a serious of long and short beeps? or consistent short beeps? what exactly happened before this no display problem?

wala po 4led yung board ko di ko nakikita kahit anong hanap ko, pero 8 short beeps lang talaga ang naririnig ko
may pause after 8 beeps then beep uli. tinanggal ko na po yung video card and pinalitan ko na rin ng new video card gforce 5500
pero ganun parin meron paring 8 beeps kaya pinalitan ko na pati board para sure. mahirap kase magpagawa baka bumalik lang ang sira
saka almost 4years na tong board ko. di narin masama na idispose.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 03:12:20 PM »
Remove the battery and wash the motherboard with distilled water and a little liquid detergent. Make sure to dry the mobo thoroughly after a few days before reconnecting everything and turning it on. Btw, did you check if the caps leaked or the tops ballooned? If it did, your mobo is toast; no need to wash it.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

ginblue

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 07:17:57 PM »
Remove the battery and wash the motherboard with distilled water and a little liquid detergent. Make sure to dry the mobo thoroughly after a few days before reconnecting everything and turning it on. Btw, did you check if the caps leaked or the tops ballooned? If it did, your mobo is toast; no need to wash it.

Thanks for the advice sir KITC, i cant imagine you know alot about music recording and pc hardwares at the same time hehheheh.
Hangang software lang ako eh. Cguro mas maganda kung sa iba ko papagawa para sure.
Thanks!.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 09:35:48 PM »
Thanks for the advice sir KITC, i cant imagine you know alot about music recording and pc hardwares at the same time hehheheh.

Goes with the territory...

Check if your pc's bios is AMI or Award. 8 beeps for AMi does mean display read/write failure, but if your bios is Award, the 8 beeps mean a ram problem. More here.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 10:04:34 PM »
sir kitC nasa TPC forum ka rin ba ?

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2007, 11:10:44 PM »
sir kitC nasa TPC forum ka rin ba ?

Yup.

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 11:55:54 PM »
best thing to do is to disconnect all IDE and floppy cables. leaving only the power supply, 1 stick of RAM, a video card and the monitor. try reseating the ram several times, then use another RAM (memory module), if nothing still happens then try cleaning the contacts on the memory modules with a pencil eraser. if the beeps change to another pattern then you are getting somewhere...

anyway based on what i've read, it seems si NNIS sa tipidpc.com ang ayos gumawa.  not that I know him or have had a transaction with him.  yun nga lang sa me guadalupe ang location niya.  or you may register sa tipidpc and sell your motherboard as defective.  other people might want to salvage the bios chip or anything else the might be useful.
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM