hulika

Author Topic: Slash Fan Thread  (Read 86036 times)

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Slash Fan Thread
« Reply #450 on: April 04, 2010, 01:59:33 PM »
bkit ganun yun bridge pu? di kaya baliktad? :?  and i know there's a small toggle switch near the knobs. this reminds me of juazen's lp
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #451 on: April 04, 2010, 02:00:37 PM »
haha! pareho tayo! una kong nakita ko, parang boneyard ni joe perry! mas dark lang yung kay jp.. hehe! :-D

kakaGAS kase... palitan na lang pickups and hardware ng standard les paul, slash na  :lol:

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #452 on: April 04, 2010, 02:04:16 PM »
this retails on the street for $2,837.00..  :-D

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-Slash--Appetite-for-Destruction--Les-Paul-Electric-Guitar-105801849-i1519373.gc

much less than his other custom guitars! :-D

It's actually fairly priced. Pag tiningnan mo yung mga Gibson artist series guitars, the AFD is one of the cheapest.  :lol:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?N=100001&Ntk=All&Ntt=Gibson+Signature&Nty=1

haha! pareho tayo! una kong nakita ko, parang boneyard ni joe perry! mas dark lang yung kay jp.. hehe! :-D

Mismo. But i never liked the boneyard logo sa headstock. It's like Hagar's Les Paul, only the headstock is a bit easier for the eyes.  :lol:

bkit ganun yun bridge pu? di kaya baliktad? :?  and i know there's a small toggle switch near the knobs. this reminds me of juazen's lp

Both zebras. Oo nga, they should have put a normal zebra on the bridge. But it still looks great as it is.

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #453 on: April 04, 2010, 02:07:23 PM »
bkit ganun yun bridge pu? di kaya baliktad? :?  and i know there's a small toggle switch near the knobs. this reminds me of juazen's lp

ngayon ko lang toh napansin! hehehe! honga noh.. hmmm...

kakaGAS kase... palitan na lang pickups and hardware ng standard les paul, slash na  :lol:

here's another one off ebay.. different color though.. i wonder if this will come with different colors.. parang LP mo.  :-D

http://cgi.ebay.com/GIBSON-SLASH-LIMITED-APPETITE-FOR-DESTRUCTION-LES-PAUL_W0QQitemZ200457324878QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item2eac30094e

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #454 on: April 04, 2010, 02:12:29 PM »
i plan to change my pickups to zebra... kaso magmumukha ng Sammy Hagar Red Rocker without the logo  :lol:

i remember chris derrig and slash's real appetite les paul...

“I didn’t [strawberry]’ reintroduce the Les Paul,” says Slash. “It’s been around. I just don’t think that anybody who was really popular and touring worldwide was using Les Pauls around the time Guns came out.”
Ironically, the guitar which returned the Gibson Les Paul to prominence in the late-Eighties is actually not a Gibson at all, but an exact replica of a late-Fifties Les Paul Standard built by a luthier named Chris Derrig.
Guns N’ Roses manager Alan Niven bought the guitar and gave it to Slash during the recording sessions for the band’s 1987 debut, Appetite For Destruction. “When I was in the studio doing the basic tracks for Appetite, Alan Niven brought this Les Paul for me to use because I was having a really hard time getting a good sound,” says Slash. “I was getting a little frantic at that point, because we weren’t on the kind of budget – nor did I have the attention span – where we could wait around forever.
“It became my main guitar for a really long time,” Slash continues.”And because I couldn’t afford a whole handful of that sort of thing, I took it out on the road for all of Guns’ early touring. In fact, I almost lost it during an early tour. It was stolen from me once in the crowd. I was being an idiot, leaning over the audience and getting pulled in, and some guy just grabbed it. I freaked once I realized that it was off my person – that I’d completely lost control over it. But our security guys went out and caught the guy before he left the building. That’s happened to me a couple of times.”
The instrument came with Seymour Duncan Alnico II pickups (zebra-look), which Slash now uses in all of his solid-body humbucker-loaded guitars, and it has remained virtually unaltered except for the countless pickup rings pulverized by the guitarist during his celebrated on-stage antics. “I don’t take that guitar on the road anymore,” says Slash. “It’s beat to [gooey brown stuff], but it still sounds great!”

Funny thing is SLASH is the no. 1 Les Paul icon.... i don't care, i still like his style  :lol:

here is the Original Copy  :-D

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 02:14:30 PM by gainsucker »

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #455 on: April 04, 2010, 02:26:23 PM »
^^^ ganun pala talaga pickup nya.. hehe! the one off guitarcenter site is much more like that in terms of color.

but gibson website is much lighter.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 02:29:47 PM by hunk0429 »

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #456 on: April 04, 2010, 02:31:51 PM »
^^^ ganun pala talaga pickup nya.. hehe! the one off guitarcenter site is much more like that in terms of color.

but gibson website is much lighter.

parang caramel candy yung top... yummy  :lol:

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #457 on: April 04, 2010, 02:36:19 PM »
parang caramel candy yung top... yummy  :lol:

for its price.. for a signature series LP, this will sell like pancakes! what more, you just bought a replica.. of a replica used on AFD! haha! :evil:

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #458 on: April 04, 2010, 02:40:39 PM »
for its price.. for a signature series LP, this will sell like pancakes! what more, you just bought a replica.. of a replica used on AFD! haha! :evil:

yun nga eh... Gibson makes a lot of moolah coz of Slash... and at that time, when he was recording the album and touring, he didn't even have the money to buy a real Gibson...

parang Manny Pacquiao lang  :lol:

big time endorser agad...

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #459 on: April 04, 2010, 02:48:18 PM »
yun nga eh... Gibson makes a lot of moolah coz of Slash... and at that time, when he was recording the album and touring, he didn't even have the money to buy a real Gibson...

parang Manny Pacquiao lang  :lol:

big time endorser agad...

yup! and i also think he is the number one endorser of LP.. consider all those signature LP of slash gibson launched! and i bet, it will still go on.. not to blame them, but thats where the money is! if i had the moolah.. id probably collect all his signature LP.. and probably hunt that snakepit LP.. hehe! :-D

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #460 on: April 04, 2010, 02:51:48 PM »
yup! and i also think he is the number one endorser of LP.. consider all those signature LP of slash gibson launched! and i bet, it will still go on.. not to blame them, but thats where the money is! if i had the moolah.. id probably collect all his signature LP.. and probably hunt that snakepit LP.. hehe! :-D

who wouldn't?  :lol:

Offline tetsu83

• Netizen Level
« Reply #462 on: April 09, 2010, 02:12:58 AM »
"made for fans" daw yung appetite LP kaya mas mura. saka yung guts. they popped in Orange drops instead of PIOs or bees.
saka yung bridge pup nya ay reverse zebra talaga, as per seymour duncan. it's the same Alnico II Pro.

uy i like the album ha. Slash stays true to his sound and genre.
Love the track "Doctor Alibi" feat. Lemmy Kilmister of Motorhead.
parang synth boses ni Ozzy sa "Crucify the Dead",
parang walang gana si Chris Cornell sa "Promise".

may hapon pa! Koshi Inaba on "Sahara". hinde ko sya kilala, for a j-rock fan. wonder why sya pa yung napulot ni Slash.
In the journey to find your tone, you need GAS.
Thank goodness there's Philmusic and the people that help you save some.
  alongwithothermulti-instrumentalistsintheworld-wishingforfourhandsormore.

Offline smartassplayingdumb

« Reply #463 on: April 09, 2010, 09:22:14 PM »
I love Slash, really inspires me to play guitar.

Also inspires me to get replica LP's instead of the actual ones.  :-D

Offline zep

« Reply #464 on: April 11, 2010, 03:00:27 PM »
yung amp nya ang gusto ko

Offline zep

« Reply #465 on: April 11, 2010, 04:13:07 PM »
I didn't believe that line. haha. Tinutugtog niya yun with Fergie on vocals.

tama ka tinutugtog nya sweet child with fergie ... pero parang posible rin yung 12 years na nyang di tinutugtog yon. e kelan pa ba natapos yung illusions tour, 93-94?

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #466 on: April 12, 2010, 09:20:04 AM »
Slash's new board for the solo tour.

more info here: http://www.hugeracksinc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67506

Offline chocobotmacoi

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #467 on: April 13, 2010, 11:44:14 AM »
Idol ko talaga 'tong si Slash. :) Yung style niya kasi bad ass. :) Rason para dumami LP ko at magbalik gitara. :)

Offline enzopogi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #468 on: April 13, 2010, 10:55:07 PM »
Guys, anyone already have his album? Rerelease ba dito sa RP yun?

Offline tetsu83

• Netizen Level
« Reply #469 on: April 15, 2010, 05:24:03 AM »
ako meron, dinownload ko lang, yung UK release kasi may bonus tracks. not sure kung meron sa Odyssey. i plan on buying a copy to show my support ke idol  :-D
In the journey to find your tone, you need GAS.
Thank goodness there's Philmusic and the people that help you save some.
  alongwithothermulti-instrumentalistsintheworld-wishingforfourhandsormore.

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #470 on: April 15, 2010, 05:32:20 AM »
tama ka tinutugtog nya sweet child with fergie ... pero parang posible rin yung 12 years na nyang di tinutugtog yon. e kelan pa ba natapos yung illusions tour, 93-94?

Tapos nagtayo ng ibang banda and tumugtog ng ibang kanta and probably that song reminds him of axel kaya kinalimutan na haha!

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #471 on: April 15, 2010, 09:27:41 AM »
Guys, anyone already have his album? Rerelease ba dito sa RP yun?

Great songs. Wala akong hindi nagustuhan sa 16 tracks na nadownload ko.  :-)

Offline mrbrownstone

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #472 on: April 26, 2010, 06:14:32 AM »
worth checking ung  "nothing to say"  :-D

Offline zep

« Reply #473 on: May 09, 2010, 03:47:36 PM »
check nyo rin 'gotten' , 'by the sword' and 'starlight' (love the intro on this one).

he's best moments are his slower solos, i think (with the exception of lemmy's 'dr. alibi'- a scorching fast rocker). very tasteful and great tone.

Offline niko062

« Reply #474 on: May 09, 2010, 08:20:44 PM »
asakin yung deluxer version guys email nyo lang ako kung gusto nyo isend ko sa inyo, grabe pinuno nya ng harmonic minor at dorian mode yung album hahahaha.. typicall slash.. ang ganda pa ng tone nya, malusog na malusog yung distortion..