hulika

Author Topic: what guitar to buy??? pls help  (Read 4868 times)

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
what guitar to buy??? pls help
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2006, 09:06:51 PM »
wow this is a very old thread :lol:
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline raizen26

• Forum Fanatic
buying your guitar
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2006, 09:07:36 PM »
first thing, i agree with the suggestions that you try out the guitars before buying one. if you found the "one" you really like and have not enough dough, better save some more. it's better to wait than be frustrated by buying a cheap alternative. that's what i did with my first guitar, a standard fender stratocaster with floyd rose II tremolo from japan. and yes, it needed some minor adjustments but i was happy. good thing i didn't opted for the guitar next to it on the display kahit astig din. kungdi sabog ang ihi ko sa pagsisisi!

i bought that sa perfect pitch sa megamall nung meron pa silang branch dun and luckily, yung sales person na nakatapat ko at yung lady sa counter mababait and they even gave me a list of their guitars (thinking na i was looking wimpy and walang pera) they even invited me to try them all out and visit them often. my third visit was a surprise to them when i handed the money hehehe! pero sa ibang music stores....akala mo kung sinong mga astig e wala din namang mga pera. pareho lang kami  hahaha!

one suggestion na medyo general. test the guitar unplugged and hear it ring. kung maganda ang tunog like malakas or bright kahit di naka plug sa amp, ok na yun kahit di maganda ang pick ups. mas madaling paltan ang pick-ups kesa yung buong guitar. i learned that from a friend
The Philippine surgeon shut them all up: "You're all wrong. Philippine Politicians are the easiest to operate on. There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains, and no spine... Plus, the head and the ass are interchangeable"

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2006, 11:40:18 AM »
haha yeah nga.. buy something you would enjoy.. you won't regret..  :)

music stores' salepersons often have mga arrogant/yaman daw sila attitude..  yung mga iba namang perfect pitch mababait ang tao(kinikilala ko kasi eh).. some know a thing or two, yung iba, eh wala talaga..  :)

one instance sa perfect pitch, nagtanong ako ng hardcase, for a strat.. then lahat sila, ano stratt mo?.. Squire ano?.., i thought like the hell..  :)
that's until linabas ko sa gig bag yung us strat ko, then that shut them up..

haha.. no offense to yupangco.. i'm a frequent buyer there anyway..

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 02:48:01 AM »
mga peeps check out the date of the post. just like pallas said
"wow this is a very old thread"  :D peace!