hulika

Author Topic: POST YOUR ESP,LTD,DEAN,WASHBURN,JACKSON and CAPARISON GUITARS  (Read 124347 times)

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
Re: POST YOUR ESP,LTD,DEAN,WASHBURN,JACKSON and CAPARISON GUITARS
« Reply #300 on: May 18, 2009, 11:33:50 PM »
will post my LTD MH103 soon  :-)

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #301 on: May 21, 2009, 08:14:41 AM »
NGD! dont have a name yet will post a review later

Offline saijo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #302 on: May 21, 2009, 08:26:59 AM »
nice! God i love maple!  Korean?
These pranks are very insensitive and mean-spirited.

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #303 on: May 21, 2009, 09:27:39 AM »
nice, i love the maple board! and the paint looks a wee bit like caparison.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #304 on: May 21, 2009, 11:57:22 AM »
i can start with a story but thats not how i roll lol but i'll try

i was at  Guitar Center Milwaukee sunday(with preferred player card in hand and a $50 coupon) was looking at guitars, originally i was suppose to get a Fender Strat,tested a few but the only one that felt right was the used mexi fender strat in the used section(not covered by a current 12month promo) so scratch that one..tried some MIJ jacksons, really awesome built and stock duncans but $899 (700 budget..not happening) plus the maple fretboard reminded me of my builders $145 jem copies lol, tried a San Dimas Charvel..awesome! wait $899! not happening..ok schecter..active pickups..ok, but it had a rosewood fretboard..im already have a small bunch..so ok ibby prestige 1550M and 3550 FTW..$1k!!! :(...almost took a squier home hahah but i placed it down before i did something stupid..so mike(GC employee) oh we got some new 09 LTDs..and i ask if they got anything with a maple fretboard and non black finish guitar...he scouted the inventory from other stores and checked the items that just arrived..he went to stockroom pulled up a box, i saw it, it was perfect  :shock:

Then i thought it needed to be tuned since i always get that with guitars out of the box they need 1) a set up 2) and tuned..
but none of that was needed, it was already in tune, and the action was great..and im the kind of person that is really neat pick about fretwork, jumbo nice..but whats better is rounded of frets..similar to what an MIJ fujgen or MIK world made Ibby..

but the all this goodness was worked by CHINA..really cool quality by a mass produced instrument, it also has a volute which i really dont mind at all

has a floyd rose special trem, was setup right out of the box, paralled to the body..neat!

pickups arent that bad, alot better than stock INF's from ibbys in this price range (09 indo RG's are far from this one)
the mid pickup is ok but might change these after getting tired of it lol (Guitarheads  :twisted: )

the maple fretboard doesnt feel cheap at all, neck is really sturdy and has a similar roundness to my 1608 j.custom, there arent any bad fret work on the neck i gave it a close inspection, the body is basswood so the coating on this finish is similar to a modern prestige ibby, just enough for the gloss and enough for the wood to breathe, the Quilt top is a plus, veneer on the headstock is well done, no uneven finishing. tuners work doesnt feel cheap,

bottom line is, a very affordable guitar with alot of potential

next phases are:
change tone capacitor
might consider changing the pickups after a month :D

Offline gwain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #305 on: May 22, 2009, 02:40:46 PM »
eto sakin uli, dean mach 7!!!

Our sickness is between our ears.

Offline am i clear?

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #306 on: May 22, 2009, 02:48:32 PM »
NGD! dont have a name yet will post a review later

I love the maple fretboard on this, really complements the blue quilt maple top on this.

OT:

Call me weird but i really wonder how it tastes(literally).

Offline .Geno.

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #307 on: May 22, 2009, 06:37:33 PM »
i can start with a story but thats not how i roll lol but i'll try

i was at  Guitar Center Milwaukee sunday(with preferred player card in hand and a $50 coupon) was looking at guitars, originally i was suppose to get a Fender Strat,tested a few but the only one that felt right was the used mexi fender strat in the used section(not covered by a current 12month promo) so scratch that one..tried some MIJ jacksons, really awesome built and stock duncans but $899 (700 budget..not happening) plus the maple fretboard reminded me of my builders $145 jem copies lol, tried a San Dimas Charvel..awesome! wait $899! not happening..ok schecter..active pickups..ok, but it had a rosewood fretboard..im already have a small bunch..so ok ibby prestige 1550M and 3550 FTW..$1k!!! :(...almost took a squier home hahah but i placed it down before i did something stupid..so mike(GC employee) oh we got some new 09 LTDs..and i ask if they got anything with a maple fretboard and non black finish guitar...he scouted the inventory from other stores and checked the items that just arrived..he went to stockroom pulled up a box, i saw it, it was perfect  :shock:

Then i thought it needed to be tuned since i always get that with guitars out of the box they need 1) a set up 2) and tuned..
but none of that was needed, it was already in tune, and the action was great..and im the kind of person that is really neat pick about fretwork, jumbo nice..but whats better is rounded of frets..similar to what an MIJ fujgen or MIK world made Ibby..

but the all this goodness was worked by CHINA..really cool quality by a mass produced instrument, it also has a volute which i really dont mind at all

has a floyd rose special trem, was setup right out of the box, paralled to the body..neat!

pickups arent that bad, alot better than stock INF's from ibbys in this price range (09 indo RG's are far from this one)
the mid pickup is ok but might change these after getting tired of it lol (Guitarheads  :twisted: )

the maple fretboard doesnt feel cheap at all, neck is really sturdy and has a similar roundness to my 1608 j.custom, there arent any bad fret work on the neck i gave it a close inspection, the body is basswood so the coating on this finish is similar to a modern prestige ibby, just enough for the gloss and enough for the wood to breathe, the Quilt top is a plus, veneer on the headstock is well done, no uneven finishing. tuners work doesnt feel cheap,

bottom line is, a very affordable guitar with alot of potential

next phases are:
change tone capacitor
might consider changing the pickups after a month :D

The fingerboard is very neat.
Please post some demo videos!
 :-D

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #308 on: May 22, 2009, 06:49:23 PM »

i will :D

Offline maniacally_cool

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #309 on: May 23, 2009, 11:48:54 AM »
jackson guys,

can you recommend any site that shows how to read the serial # on a japanese jackson?

thanks

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
« Reply #310 on: May 23, 2009, 01:16:24 PM »
^calling Bolt Thrower...

but AFAIK, you can only tell the specific manufacturing date on a Jackson if it's a USA made one. Japanese, Korean and Indian ones are pretty hard to tell but you can easily differentiate a Jap from Korean and Indian models with the use of serial numbers.
Part of the Jackson Bloodline

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #311 on: May 24, 2009, 04:45:23 AM »

video :D

Offline maniacally_cool

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #312 on: May 24, 2009, 07:41:36 PM »
^calling Bolt Thrower...

but AFAIK, you can only tell the specific manufacturing date on a Jackson if it's a USA made one. Japanese, Korean and Indian ones are pretty hard to tell but you can easily differentiate a Jap from Korean and Indian models with the use of serial numbers.

yeah, can't seem to find a serial # range @ tha jackson site.
thanks

Offline saijo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #313 on: May 25, 2009, 02:38:13 AM »
These pranks are very insensitive and mean-spirited.

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #314 on: May 25, 2009, 10:54:02 AM »
jackson guys,

can you recommend any site that shows how to read the serial # on a japanese jackson?

thanks

ask around at jcfonline.com/forums for your jap serial. Usually, there is no foolproof way of reading and ascertaining the origin of your guitar if it's Japan made. The USA Jacksons have a really accurate database. The 90's Japanese Professionals have an accurate serial number dating as well. But when Fender bought Jackson, the numbers got jumbled, presumably because of the machinery and manufacturing style adjustments Fender brought in.

The way I do it, I look at the neckpocket, pickup hole or the control plate. Usually, there are dates and manufacturer infos stamped there.

Post your serial here, and maybe I can help.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #315 on: May 30, 2009, 11:21:25 AM »
Kata upgraded

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #316 on: May 30, 2009, 11:28:54 AM »
bryan, ano finish nung maple board? Satin? O yung sticky na shiny?

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #317 on: May 30, 2009, 11:37:21 AM »
bryan, ano finish nung maple board? Satin? O yung sticky na shiny?

natural/ unfinished fretboard is what i call it, its not sticky nor shiny, i can feel the wood when i press on the fretboard, not coated at all but the neck has that similar finish of my ibby prestige's its not shiny but a thin layer of coating or it could be from my ernie ball cleaner(no silicone),

Offline .Geno.

• Forum Fanatic

Offline juvzleyn

« Reply #319 on: July 19, 2009, 11:08:15 AM »
LTD Viper 1000 modified with EMGs.

Heritage H157 LP Custom - Peterson Tuner - G-Lab Wah Pad w/ RMC 3 Wah - Xotic SP Comp - Diamond Jdrive MKiii - Diamond Cornerstone - AMT LL2 - Strymon Blue Sky - Strymon Mobius - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - Redwitch Violetta Delay - Musicomlab EFX

Offline barneykols

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #320 on: July 22, 2009, 11:00:47 AM »

that's one sexy viper you got there!  :-D

I'll post pics of my viper 50 once I snap a picture of it.  :lol:

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #321 on: July 23, 2009, 01:00:55 AM »

buti pinalitan mo ng EMG un stock sd lol!!!

yours reminds me of woody weatherman of "Corrosion of Conformity"

with nicey relic'd look on his and some sd invaders i guess. but the emgs are better on there. mine's got a guitarheads actives neck tho, sold my 85 since its too muddy for me..well that's just me! :-D

VIPER rulezzz man! :evil:

camphone lang, no moolah to buy battery for my digicam..naubos sa gas, unleaded lolz! :-D

chief, any chance that was russel's viper 50? :-D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 01:04:15 AM by faceless »
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8

Offline juvzleyn

« Reply #322 on: July 23, 2009, 05:54:33 AM »
buti pinalitan mo ng EMG un stock sd lol!!!

yours reminds me of woody weatherman of "Corrosion of Conformity"

with nicey relic'd look on his and some sd invaders i guess. but the emgs are better on there. mine's got a guitarheads actives neck tho, sold my 85 since its too muddy for me..well that's just me! :-D

VIPER rulezzz man! :evil:

camphone lang, no moolah to buy battery for my digicam..naubos sa gas, unleaded lolz! :-D

chief, any chance that was russel's viper 50? :-D

Too much Gold Hardware eh, lol...kaya napalitan tuloy ng EMGs. I will be doing the 18 Volt mod on the EMGs soon.
Heritage H157 LP Custom - Peterson Tuner - G-Lab Wah Pad w/ RMC 3 Wah - Xotic SP Comp - Diamond Jdrive MKiii - Diamond Cornerstone - AMT LL2 - Strymon Blue Sky - Strymon Mobius - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - Redwitch Violetta Delay - Musicomlab EFX

Offline juvzleyn

« Reply #323 on: July 23, 2009, 05:56:46 AM »

Thanks bro...Post mo na pics..Vipers all the way!

Offline faceless

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #324 on: July 23, 2009, 12:09:51 PM »
Too much Gold Hardware eh, lol...kaya napalitan tuloy ng EMGs. I will be doing the 18 Volt mod on the EMGs soon.

too much blingbling dawg!!!!!lol!

i chance upon this for a reversible 18volt mod, mine's got it now. para i can swap in between mood for a 9 volt or 18s.

btw, will the two batteries fit in ur electronics cavity? if that's a passive stock guitar, it doesn't have a battery compartment right?
N4 | ME2 | MC58 | R8