hulika

Author Topic: MultiEffects Unit Thread  (Read 136009 times)

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: MultiEffects Unit Thread
« Reply #425 on: May 27, 2009, 09:32:35 AM »
Personally, I'd rather get a Korg AX5G. Or if there's extra cash to spare, the new Tonelab ST.

going back to the AX5G vs. AX10G, why do you prefer the former?  :-)
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline lestervai

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #426 on: May 27, 2009, 09:40:44 AM »
guys, anyone still uses Boss GT-8 here???

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #427 on: June 05, 2009, 12:49:26 AM »
i've tried these:

Zoom GFX-1 & GFX-5, simple and basic.. great for beginners.
POD X3 Live! great sound, great features, great interface but i dont like the look & appearance.
POD XT Live! (currently using one), good interface (X3 is better), great sound too, cool features (lamang X3dito) and i love the look and appearance better.

I've owned the MultiFXs up there.. but i've tried and heard almost all..
so far, a POD is a POD. i know many will have their opinions about this but, hey, this is my opinion, dba? i just learned and understood how to use the POD and now it serves me well.

i know nothing beats analog, i truly agree. but at the end of the day, we musicians and aficionados are the only one would know the difference. and having a MultiFX is more convenient. bottom-line, what's important is to give the crowd what they want: MUSIC. they would care less what effects you're using, but more on what music you will play..

my 2cents worth..

Offline daryl090804

• Veteran Member
« Reply #428 on: June 05, 2009, 03:44:04 AM »
I own a Digitech RP500 and honestly, I initially bought it just to use the Whammy effect plus I knew my GFX3 didn't have the "bite" that I needed. As I was playing with it, I realized that the Whammy was just a distraction. Yeah, playing with it was fun but then I got to the point of really getting to use the RP500 to its potential. Excellent amp and cab sims, great modulation effects and it's sturdy as hell. Worth the guitar I traded to get it. :-D
Part of the Jackson Bloodline

Offline kinko

« Reply #429 on: June 05, 2009, 04:57:33 PM »
un nga napa GAS ako sa multi.. look at my signature. :-D = Line 6 pod xt live. im happy naman sa desisyon ko. syempre kanya kanyang GAS attack yan. malay pag gising ko ng isang umaga eh balik analog uli. hehe. isang bitbitan lang ika nga nila. :-D pero naiwan pa din ung isang multi ko na analog. ayus diba multi na analog(lexicon lxp-5). pag may budget ka for multi eh lubusin mo na. try mo yung m13 ng line 6. :wink:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 05:11:46 PM by kinko »
Kunyari may maganda kang nabasa dito... yun ang signature ko. ^_^

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #430 on: June 07, 2009, 02:20:06 PM »
going back to the AX5G vs. AX10G, why do you prefer the former?  :-)
updated technology and reportedly better flexibility. don't take my word for it, though.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

reycantong

« Reply #431 on: June 07, 2009, 09:00:18 PM »
I have the PODpro, PODxt Live and PODxt Pro. I also have a Vetta amp (amp with onboard multifx). I'm currently using the PODxt Pro for live situations. In the studio, I use my POD Farm Platinum. So far, these things never let me down.

I'm waiting for the POD X3 Pro to arrive in PPitch, and I'm planning to order a Fractal Audio AxeFx Ultra (this one's a beast).

Some people still prefer analog. But for me, multifx is the way to go.

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #432 on: June 10, 2009, 12:20:41 PM »
Brother Rey,

Since you're an avid POD user, have you tried the POD M13 stompbox modeler?  i have not heard anything locally about it..

http://line6.com/m13/

Offline diaboliche

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #433 on: June 10, 2009, 04:09:00 PM »
My benta na po ba na digitech rp1000? Maganda rin po ba ito?

Offline tam_guitar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #434 on: June 14, 2009, 06:55:27 AM »
 :-( i hate taxi drivers from now on!

bibili dapat ako ng GT-10 eh
kaya lang binanga ako ng taxi, natangal ung sliding door ng starex, insurance told me that may participation ako 30%

i have to pay 23k for the replacement

There is no tone. There is only music.

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #435 on: June 15, 2009, 05:08:07 AM »
My benta na po ba na digitech rp1000? Maganda rin po ba ito?

meron na. try Audiophile in manila.

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #436 on: June 15, 2009, 07:47:13 AM »

kaya lang binanga ako ng taxi, natangal ung sliding door ng starex, insurance told me that may participation ako 30%

badtrip nga yan, ako naka 60k para sa impacted teeth... gitara na lang sana  :cry:

pero ganun talaga  :lol:

Offline neilby

« Reply #437 on: June 21, 2009, 08:02:05 AM »
for me gt-10, hehe, may gt-10 kasi ako, :-D

well masaya gamitin yung gt-10 kasi feeling ko laging live ang tugtog ko kahit hindi kagandahan guitar and amp, sya ang nagdadala ng mga instruments ko, hehehe, siguro without my gt-10, panget na ang gusto ko palabasin na tone of music, hehehe  :-D
`Boss GT-10- SOLD to non-forumite
`Zoom G1x- SOLD to Migz
`Fab Disto- SOLD to continuum

Offline dudeofdude

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #438 on: June 21, 2009, 07:51:02 PM »

son of a  :lol:
hanggang ngayon hindi ko parin alam ang tunog ng ipis

Offline hiromi_777a

« Reply #439 on: June 23, 2009, 01:42:37 AM »
i've tried these:

Zoom GFX-1 & GFX-5, simple and basic.. great for beginners.
POD X3 Live! great sound, great features, great interface but i dont like the look & appearance.
POD XT Live! (currently using one), good interface (X3 is better), great sound too, cool features (lamang X3dito) and i love the look and appearance better.

I've owned the MultiFXs up there.. but i've tried and heard almost all..
so far, a POD is a POD. i know many will have their opinions about this but, hey, this is my opinion, dba? i just learned and understood how to use the POD and now it serves me well.

i know nothing beats analog, i truly agree. but at the end of the day, we musicians and aficionados are the only one would know the difference. and having a MultiFX is more convenient. bottom-line, what's important is to give the crowd what they want: MUSIC. they would care less what effects you're using, but more on what music you will play..

my 2cents worth..

Kuya Nong! Musta? I'm just wonderin' which is better between POD X3 Live and Boss GT-10. I'm currently using Zoom G9.2tt and there's this Peavey 5150 Drive model that I really like. Buong-buo tunog. With the help of the tube, I think. Karamihan ng demo sa youtube is of POD X3 Live. Onti lang GT-10. But based on demos sa youtube mas maganda tunog ng X3 Live for me and mas buo yung drive. Drive kasi pinaka priority ko talaga that's why I'm having second thoughts of letting my G9.2tt go (I know Line 6 and Boss is better but I love the drive from my G9.2tt).

So based sa mga demo na nakita ko sa youtube, I'd love to go for the X3 Live but I asked Mang Raul which is better between X3 and GT-10 and he said that if masira yung Line 6, hindi napapalitan ng parts. So in other words, parang disposable ang dating ng X3 kaya napaisip 2loy ako. Maintenance-wise ok yung Zoom ko for me since serviceable ang parts niya. But based on what Mang Raul said, It's wiser siguro to go for the GT-10 since if ever masira yung effects, siyempre dapat repairable di ba? Hindi sakit sa ulo pagawa or worse, tapon na.

So to cut this short, which is better? POD X3 Live or Boss GT-10
or should I stick with my Zoom G9.2tt? :?
広海

Offline Jem-Jr.™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #440 on: June 23, 2009, 02:59:23 AM »
base sa reviews sir..
pod x3 live - better preamps
boss gt-10 - better effects

..ako nga medyo nag dadalawang isip na sa boss gt-10 ko kung ibebenta ko o hindi hehe.. parang gusto ko ipalit sa pod x3live  :-D parang lang  :lol:
EBMM 2014 JPXIII-7 - Mesa Boogie Mark IVa - Mesa Boogie Rectifier Horizontal Cabinet 2x12 - Dunlop JP95 Wah - Fractal FM3 - EBVP Stereo 25k - Headrush FRFR 108 Stereo

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #441 on: June 23, 2009, 03:02:51 AM »

Offline Jem-Jr.™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #442 on: June 23, 2009, 03:44:38 PM »
EBMM 2014 JPXIII-7 - Mesa Boogie Mark IVa - Mesa Boogie Rectifier Horizontal Cabinet 2x12 - Dunlop JP95 Wah - Fractal FM3 - EBVP Stereo 25k - Headrush FRFR 108 Stereo

Offline hiromi_777a

« Reply #443 on: June 23, 2009, 03:47:10 PM »
base sa reviews sir..
pod x3 live - better preamps
boss gt-10 - better effects

..ako nga medyo nag dadalawang isip na sa boss gt-10 ko kung ibebenta ko o hindi hehe.. parang gusto ko ipalit sa pod x3live  :-D parang lang  :lol:

EXACTLY. Ganyan din opinyon ko kaya mas gus2 ko sana X3 Live. Kaso na turn-off ako sa issue na pag nasira siya malaki possibility na di na mapapakinabangan. Sabi lang ha, wala akong personal experience pero siyempre reliable yung nagsabi eh so sa ngaun GT-10 gus2 ko if magpalit ako. Trade nalang tayo Sir, add ako cash. :wink:
広海

Offline les_paul_rhay

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #444 on: June 25, 2009, 11:59:49 PM »
mga pre my alam ba kayo nag aayos ng boss multi effects?
The World will never take it away

Offline tapslore

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #445 on: June 26, 2009, 07:25:35 PM »
i've owned a gt-10 for a year and recently traded it for an x3 live.  both are solid multi-effects processors, but have their own strengths and weaknesses.  my impressions:

- for recording, x3 live wins by a mile.  the usb connector really works, and the drivers are hassle-free.  the gt-10, on the other hand, requires a separate audio interface to plug into the computer, plus you need to do massive tweaking to approximate the live sound when recording.

- for live, it's the gt-10 for the win.  the gt-10 has a lot of punch, an upper mid hump that gives it a lot of presence in live situations.  some people hate this "cocked-wah" sound, but for live work it helps push your guitar forward in the mix.  the x3 live is voiced a little dark, which causes it to disappear live (unless you tweak it).  plus, the gt-10 is built like a tank, you can kill someone with this thing, while the x3 live needs to be babied.

- for amp modelling, x3 live is the clear champion.  for example, its ac30, plexi and hi-gain dual rectifiers really sound different from each other, giving you distinct vibes to play with.  on the other hand, the gt-10 excels in two sounds, clean and mid-gain (crunch), with models falling into either category.  the hi-gain stuff can be made to sound good with massive tweaking, but again, all the high gain sounds have a sameness to them.

- it's in the effects where the gt-10 put all its processing power.  man, the sheer tweakability - movable effects modules, (at least) 3 movable eq blocks, assignable footswitches, and so on - lets you create totally UNIQUE sounds. the x3 live, on the other hand, suffers from being too faithful to models of amps and effects - you can copy a lot of sounds, but it's harder to make your own.

bottom line, both processors have their strengths and weaknesses, but your choice of either one depends entirely on what your game is.  if you do a lot of home recording with occasional gigs, go with an x3 live; if you're road warrior that wants unique sounds, stick with a gt-10.

my 2 cents :-D
The Lord is close to the broken-hearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

Offline hiromi_777a

« Reply #446 on: June 26, 2009, 11:23:57 PM »
i've owned a gt-10 for a year and recently traded it for an x3 live.  both are solid multi-effects processors, but have their own strengths and weaknesses.  my impressions:

- for recording, x3 live wins by a mile.  the usb connector really works, and the drivers are hassle-free.  the gt-10, on the other hand, requires a separate audio interface to plug into the computer, plus you need to do massive tweaking to approximate the live sound when recording.

- for live, it's the gt-10 for the win.  the gt-10 has a lot of punch, an upper mid hump that gives it a lot of presence in live situations.  some people hate this "cocked-wah" sound, but for live work it helps push your guitar forward in the mix.  the x3 live is voiced a little dark, which causes it to disappear live (unless you tweak it).  plus, the gt-10 is built like a tank, you can kill someone with this thing, while the x3 live needs to be babied.

- for amp modelling, x3 live is the clear champion.  for example, its ac30, plexi and hi-gain dual rectifiers really sound different from each other, giving you distinct vibes to play with.  on the other hand, the gt-10 excels in two sounds, clean and mid-gain (crunch), with models falling into either category.  the hi-gain stuff can be made to sound good with massive tweaking, but again, all the high gain sounds have a sameness to them.

- it's in the effects where the gt-10 put all its processing power.  man, the sheer tweakability - movable effects modules, (at least) 3 movable eq blocks, assignable footswitches, and so on - lets you create totally UNIQUE sounds. the x3 live, on the other hand, suffers from being too faithful to models of amps and effects - you can copy a lot of sounds, but it's harder to make your own.

bottom line, both processors have their strengths and weaknesses, but your choice of either one depends entirely on what your game is.  if you do a lot of home recording with occasional gigs, go with an x3 live; if you're road warrior that wants unique sounds, stick with a gt-10.

my 2 cents :-D
Yes, the best talaga sa amp modelling and hi gain distortion ang X3 live in my opinion that's why yun yung hinahanap ko in the first place. Kaso lang nagalangan ako because of it's reliability issues na naririnig ko. So I think sa ngayon GT-10 talaga ang target ko. :-)
広海

Offline Jem-Jr.™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #447 on: June 27, 2009, 12:29:36 AM »
sir hiromi i-FS mo na kasi yang g9 mo para makuha mo na akin hehe  :-D

Offline nickoreno

« Reply #448 on: June 28, 2009, 02:49:10 AM »
ok sila pareho gt-10 and pod...
gt-10 made for live performance
x3l made for recording..

isa lang napansin ko sa gt-10 diko nagustuhan ang wahwah nya.. un lang pero lahat ok pati pala medyo mahirap ang interface nya..

Offline hiromi_777a

« Reply #449 on: June 28, 2009, 06:23:34 PM »
sir hiromi i-FS mo na kasi yang g9 mo para makuha mo na akin hehe  :-D

Wala kasi ako gagamitin pag di ako agad nakakuha ng GT-10. Natetempt na nga ako ibenta eh. hehe May nag offer na kaso may hinihintay din siyang buyer ng item niya. Isip isip. :roll:
広海