hulika

Author Topic: The Metallica Thread  (Read 4500 times)

Offline tronixx42

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: can Metallica still "play"?....
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2007, 03:55:38 AM »
parang basketball lang din, pag batak pa di pa purol, kaya pa siguro kahit di pa batak yun lang malaki pagbabago sigurado.

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2007, 04:47:14 AM »
Yep they can still play, but not as good as they did 15-20 years ago when they were still young, angry & had fire in their bellies.

Offline CYANIDE BOMB

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2007, 08:47:23 AM »
Metallica has nothing to prove anymore

there just having fun i think, load,reload,st anger  may not be as epic as the past and their age caught up with them and money in thier banks is tremendous. Whats the motivation then? My opinion is that most of us havnt seen them live yet so the whole experience package of metallica is unfelt. I bet some songs on st anger and load are awesome live songs.

Offline low_end

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2007, 11:07:02 AM »
i know a lot of ppl who can... and i think dime is better than those guys.

i mean... havent you experienced that? ... you become better than your teacher and you dont say things like "im better than my teacher!" ... you say things like "my teacher taught me well, but i can never be equal to the skill of my teacher. in my book he will always be better"

thats not false humility... that's respect.

and back to dime... out of 10 gear endorsements dimebag did... i believed only 1. how about you? do you believe in all his quotes saying "this is the best tuner, this is the best string, this is the secret of my tone - things?"

nyak!pano pumunta sa gear endorsement?what im saying is every guitarist has his own fields of exellence....dime is great in his kind of stuff,which shredding and james is into his power picking...and in my book i have to agree with you na dime is the best there is...im a very big fan of dime....and about his gear and tone,its all a matter of tone choices...ive got my own choice of gears, you got yours, dime got his, and james has his...iba iba ng trip yan tol...

back to topic yah...metallica has nothing to prove anymore....they influenced a lot of band already...including dime and the pantera boys...they re invent tha meaning of thrash metal back then....

Offline sponkel

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2007, 11:23:22 AM »
Yep they can still play, but not as good as they did 15-20 years ago when they were still young, angry & had fire in their bellies.

exactly what I was trying to say

now why I didn't just say that I'll never know...
Visit the Phantom Mime on soundclick!www.soundlick.com/PhantomMime

LOOKING FOR ROCK GUITARIST LP AREA click here for more info

Offline low_end

• Veteran Member
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2007, 02:18:45 PM »
perhaps they just outgrew themselves one way or another... :-D

Offline low_end

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2007, 02:26:21 PM »
perhaps they just outgrew themselves one way or another... :-D

Offline mon116ph

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2007, 07:46:06 PM »
Dave Mustaine now owns Metallica..in terms of Creativity and musicianship.

Dave still carry the torch of speed & thrash metal but he needs money.

Metallica has lot of money but they also need Dave Mustaine to go back to their original roots.IMO

Offline toybitz

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 01:31:11 AM »
ok, it seems we cannot focus on Metallica's skills.  :mrgreen:

so I've changed the title thread...

Dave Mustaine now owns Metallica..in terms of Creativity and musicianship.

Dave still carry the torch of speed & thrash metal but he needs money.

Metallica has lot of money but they also need Dave Mustaine to go back to their original roots.IMO

I wouldn't say Dave owns Metallica in terms of crea...etc. 

James Hetfield:  Limiting your music to please you audience is [gooey brown stuff].

From that statement, we know 'Talica doesn't have Dave's formula of songwriting even though Megadeth is still a force to reckon with.  Dave and Metallica are meant to go on their separate ways.  Ayaw ko ma-bura ang Megadeth (Back to the Future), kaya buti nalang.  8-)

Kaya Metallica, imho, doesn't need Dave Mustaine.  And Metallica don't want to go back to their orig roots.  "Been there, done that".
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 01:35:14 AM by toybitz »
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline burogski

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: The Metallica Thread
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 05:44:26 AM »
metallica and megadeath are 2 great bands. Both of them had already made an impact in metal. Lets just enjoy what they have done for us metal heads  :-D :-D \m/

Offline mon116ph

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2007, 12:20:51 PM »
ok, it seems we cannot focus on Metallica's skills.  :mrgreen:

so I've changed the title thread...

I wouldn't say Dave owns Metallica in terms of crea...etc. 

James Hetfield:  Limiting your music to please you audience is [gooey brown stuff].

From that statement, we know 'Talica doesn't have Dave's formula of songwriting even though Megadeth is still a force to reckon with.  Dave and Metallica are meant to go on their separate ways.  Ayaw ko ma-bura ang Megadeth (Back to the Future), kaya buti nalang.  8-)

Kaya Metallica, imho, doesn't need Dave Mustaine.  And Metallica don't want to go back to their orig roots.  "Been there, done that".

Sir,Rick rubin is now forcing "tallica" to go back playing thrash...what can u say about this?

Offline CYANIDE BOMB

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2007, 08:46:42 PM »
Rick rubin forcing metallica thats funny no one can force metallica

4 albums from bob rock is quite enough time to move on

dont expect to hear another disposable heroes or fight fire with fire kinda songs from them anymore thyre

done with that.

Offline toybitz

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2007, 12:14:23 AM »
Sir,Rick rubin is now forcing "tallica" to go back playing thrash...what can u say about this?

really? where did you get that info Sir? I'd like to read it myself.

Thanks..

about what I can say..hmmm..

wait for just a few seconds or so where they say.. Metallica junks Rick Rubin as producer...finds another...  :-D

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2007, 03:26:18 AM »
Remember this:  Rick Rubin was also responsible for that rather bland and pedestrian Make Believe by Weezer.

Offline mon116ph

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2007, 07:29:29 AM »
really? where did you get that info Sir? I'd like to read it myself.

Thanks..

about what I can say..hmmm..

wait for just a few seconds or so where they say.. Metallica junks Rick Rubin as producer...finds another...  :-D

Sir try to check out blabbermouth.net.

Nandoon yung mga updates with different metal bands.

Currently Rick Rubin is working with Metallica on the upcoming album.
Its not the exact word that Rick Rubin says.He just want to play the aggressiveness,heaviness and exact aura of "Master of Puppets" on the next album.

I think "Master of Puppets" is a fine thrash metal masterpiece.So I expect that Rubin is forcing "tallica" to play thrash music again in their next album.Minus the cola can sounding drum parts and down tuned guitar riffs..

As per James Hetfield all of the tuning of the guitars & bass are on standard "E" tuning.So I am expecting heavy thrash sh*t.

Thats what Rubin wants.

Some of the articles are against bob rock straight from the mouth of James & Lars.

By the way, do not underESTIMATE  Rubin creativity and capability because who is also a notably ALBUM PRODUCER of "mighty" SLAYERRRRRRRRRR.

Offline mon116ph

• Veteran Member

Offline CYANIDE BOMB

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2007, 08:58:50 AM »
Rick rubin is an awesome producer thats for sure. I mean Blood sugar sex magic,slayer albums

st anger is fast agrressive,fat,heavy the reason why ppl hate is bec. of the way it was written and arrange and sounded of course. If st anger was released after black album this wouldnt be an issue (hehehehehe i wish)

Technically speaking you can make an epic thrash metal classic by not even using E as the key tuning   

thnks

Offline toybitz

« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2007, 12:59:23 AM »
As per James Hetfield all of the tuning of the guitars & bass are on standard "E" tuning.So I am expecting heavy thrash sh*t.

Thats what Rubin wants.

By the way, do not underESTIMATE  Rubin creativity and capability because who is also a notably ALBUM PRODUCER of "mighty" SLAYERRRRRRRRRR.

thanks Mon!

uhm..i didn't say anything bad about Rick Rubin as a producer. In fact I'm excited.  It's not his work I questioned...it what you interpreted as Rick "forcing" Metallica.

i know I'm not a good guitar player or that knowledgeable yet.. but how does the standard E tuning become heavier? shouldn't it be a half or whole step lower? or a 7 stringer? or a baritone guitar? anything lower than the standard E to make it give the big bottom?

Rick rubin is an awesome producer thats for sure. I mean Blood sugar sex magic,slayer albums

yeah Dude! Rick rocks.

have you guys seen the documentary how Blood Sugar.... was recorded? galing..

Offline toybitz

« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2007, 02:02:25 AM »

Its not the exact word that Rick Rubin says.He just want to play the aggressiveness,heaviness and exact aura of "Master of Puppets" on the next album.

Thats what Rubin wants.

Okay here it is Bossing...

"I want you to feel like you're starting out again'. He really wants us to get in the mind-set of 'Master of Puppets'. It's impossible to recreate what we were 20 years ago, it's silly, but we had to get that hunger back."

to my understanding Rick didn't want Metallica to "play the aggressiveness,heaviness and exact aura of "Master of Puppets" on the next album" as you've pointed out.

imho, he was trying to inspire Metallica to be in the "mind-set", not the "exact aura"...during the making of Puppets.. you know, the youthfulness, the energy of a young band hungry to play.  the business side of music seem to get in the way of Metallica these days.

see... rick even added, "and try to match the intensity and hunger that Linkin Park displayed on my last produced release, Minutes to Midnight"
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 02:04:16 AM by toybitz »

Offline CYANIDE BOMB

« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2007, 09:11:16 AM »
Rick is a diverse and flexible like producer legends niel kernon. I remember he has some rap records on his sleeve's

I havnt seen metallica live but comparing thier old live vids to the new one its really far in terms of intensity. Metallica is still awesome anyways

Slayer i think grab that torch of staying to their formula but even them changed they didnt wrote another reign in blood they did some slow songs and put some groove on it. but the lyrics and the themes and agression stays the same.

Success changed everything about metallica (being a household name).  Testament,kreator,exodus etc. havnt had that stardom i think if they did they would changed too   

Offline Trojan_Mandara

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2007, 11:59:37 PM »
Metallica = Heavy Metal.

That's it..
Lead Vocals
Luminous Flesh Band

Offline toybitz

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2007, 12:53:07 AM »
Metallica = Heavy Metal.

That's it..

yeah! \m/ even their poppiest album load and reload was heavy!