hulika

Author Topic: Mother Earth resources  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Kin

Mother Earth resources
« on: September 11, 2007, 07:27:45 PM »
I had a cassette of Mother Earth (The Best of Acid Jazz Years) borrowed from a bandmate when I was in college and I easilly liked them... no, loved them considering that I'm a rock drummer. I was looking for some of their other tunes and to no avail. Nothing on Limewire, blogsites, record bars, etc.

Any of you guys/gals know where I can get one of their other albums?
Carpe Diem

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Mother Earth resources
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 01:15:26 AM »
Mother Earth (the Brit jazz-rock ensemble, no relation to Joey Puyat's old band) was on the Acid-Jazz label, along with the Brand New Heavies. I used to see their albums on sale at Tower Records Makati (R.I.P.), but nowhere else since then. Have you tried the music section of Fully Booked in Bonifacio High Street? They have a lot of interesting CDs in their jazz section, I would not put it past them to have the old Acid Jazz catalog in stock.

I've also seen a 4-album collection on BitTorrent (but I'm not to supposed to tell you that, hmmm).

Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline Kin

Re: Mother Earth resources
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 04:48:53 PM »
I'm a bit of a caveman when it comes to Torrent files. So I'll gonna ask my brother about it. Thanks for reminding me.

I will also try Fully Booked although I have no idea there is one in Bonifacio. Thanks again.

(this conversation didn't happen) :-)
Carpe Diem