hulika

Author Topic: Sa mga PinkFloydian  (Read 1699 times)

Offline ComfortablyNumb

• Netizen Level
Sa mga PinkFloydian
« on: May 29, 2005, 10:26:18 PM »
Really glad to c Floydian in here. Bago lang kc ako d2 sa site na2, akala ko ako lang nakakaklala sa Floyd d2 sa Pinas.hehehe. Lalo na unlikely sa edad ko ung 70's rock. Kya wla ako ganong makitang ka-uri.

Nway I play Guitar baka meron band jan na naghahanap ng guitarist na 70's influenced. Baka pwede nyo ko amponin. Heehehehe. More on David Gilmour ako minus the slide Guitar. :lol:
\"And you run and you run, to catch up with the sun but it\'s sinking, And racin\' around to come up behind you again.\"

Offline orgy18

guitarist
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 01:33:24 PM »
bro baka gusto sumali sa akin ngbubuo ako ng band, 70's rock and blues ang tugtugan. txt mo ko asap! 09174834269

Offline rv2underground

Sa mga PinkFloydian
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 01:58:39 PM »
dude...thats awesome. ima big fan of floyd as well. they use effects but the lyrics are what really fascinated me about this band.

i've been trying to translate the meanings of their songs. here's a few i've done so far:

wish you were here: - i think this song's about syd barret. and it expresses how much the rest of the band miss him so much.

shine on you crazy diamond: - same as 'wish you were here'. but in this song, they talk about syd's importance and his legacy to them.

comfortably numb: - it's about life in general. one has taken so much pain, he/she has become numb to all the suffering he/she has taken before.

another brick in the wall (part 2) - it's about the society. the wall represents the system that tries to conform us. the verse "we don't need no education, we don't need no thought control"  don't really mean those exact words. i think that's 'us' trying to defy the power that conforms us in one whole unit, thus, bringing up again the symbol "wall".

That's all for now. Hope ya learned som'n. I'll be putting up more soon. Leave your comments or if you have any translations too. that would be awesome.