hulika

Author Topic: How to spot USB2.0s  (Read 1888 times)

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
How to spot USB2.0s
« on: November 09, 2007, 01:31:17 AM »
there are a bunch of USB slots in my PC (4 in the rear, and another 2 in front); how do i know which of these are USB2.0?

another question is: would it compromise the speed if i plugged an "extension port" to a USB port?

disclaimer: i searched google and majority of the queries were "how to know if my pc supports USB2.0"

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: How to spot USB2.0s
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 02:52:40 PM »
ang alam ko...pag sinabi sa motherboard mo na USB 2.0 ang supported ay lahat ng USB slots eh USB 2.0 na...

as for the speed question, kung yung haba ng cable ang tanong mo, di ko alam kung nako-compromise yun pag sobrang haba...im using a USB cradle for my XDA2 na may mahabang cable pero wala naman akong nakikitang problema sa speed....i have transferred a 100mb video file in 4 mins.(is that the regular speed?)may file conversion pa kasi e...

ako naman may tanong....pag USB 2.0 ba kaya pa din support yung lower USB versions?
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline bonzay

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 05:47:14 PM »
ang alam ko...pag sinabi sa motherboard mo na USB 2.0 ang supported ay lahat ng USB slots eh USB 2.0 na...

as for the speed question, kung yung haba ng cable ang tanong mo, di ko alam kung nako-compromise yun pag sobrang haba...im using a USB cradle for my XDA2 na may mahabang cable pero wala naman akong nakikitang problema sa speed....i have transferred a 100mb video file in 4 mins.(is that the regular speed?)may file conversion pa kasi e...

ako naman may tanong....pag USB 2.0 ba kaya pa din support yung lower USB versions?

makikiepal lang po! ang alam ko kaya isupport ng usb 2.0 ang usb 1.1  :-D
M

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 07:14:01 PM »
plugging a usb2 device (cardreader, flashdisk) to a non usb2 device on the motherboard would result in a popup saying that the usb2 device is plugged on a non high speed usb port. although there may be a combo of 2.0 and 1.1 usb ports on a motherboard. usually Pentium 4 and high end AMD boards with chipsets like via kt333 and kt4 and also Nvidia Nforce 2 boards have usb 2.0 ports.

you may use a usb extension less than 1 meter siguro.

usb 2.0 is backward compatible with ver 1.1 devices, although a bit slower.  usually single big megabyte files transfer at a higher rate from usb device to harddisk, rather than separate bunch of files.
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

Offline ponky26

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 08:56:56 PM »
  try this link :
  http://www.usb.org/about/faq/ans5

hope it helps