hulika

Author Topic: when opening large files on Sonar 6, im experiencing Low on Virtual memory..  (Read 1375 times)

Offline jv21

• Forum Fanatic
when im using SONAR 6 especially when opening large files, e2 nag aapear. "Low on virtual Memory"

ano po dpat gwin? my current set up is P4 3.oo ghz, 1 GIG Ram and a P5L-Mx mobo..

tnx guyz.  :-D
"epal ikaw ,Epal ako,Epal siya,Epal Sila,Epal tayong lahat hehehehe" quote from  JUAN SINKO (founder, Sinkoism)

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Where is your virtual memory located? Usually it's recommended to fix virtual memory to 150% or 200% of your installed ram, that means assigning up to 2 gigs of HD space. The low virtual memory warning probably means the HD your swap file is using is getting full.

One method commonly used is to create a partition on the HD that is dedicated solely to the swap file; this used in conjunction with the fixed swap file size will assure that virtual memory is always available. Another method is to have another HD and assign the swap file there, also using a fixed swap file size.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
duplicate post from your previous thread at pc tech

if you have another drive or partition that has a bigger disk space... you can redirect the wirtual memory (paging file) to a different drive. Virtual Memory of Windows is NOT in RAMS but its with the hard drive.

Heres what you need to do.

Right Click on "My Computer"
Click Properties
choose the "Advance" tab
under "Performance" click on settings
another window will pop-up "Performance Options"
click on "Advance" tab
on the bottom you will see "Virtual Memory"
click on "Change"
default drive for paging file is drive c: and default paging file is 384/768
click on "No Paging File" the click on "set"
Now choose the drive where you want to re-direct the paging file.
example D: , highlight the drive then click on custom and then input 2046/4092
click on "set"
then click "OK"

then it'll prompt you to reboot your pc....

Now your all set!

Happy Recording! :D

PEACE!~

good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Yup! nakita ko rin yung post sa pc tech.

OT: Jeps, send nyo sakin yung mga mixdown. May rushjob kasi ako dito.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
OT: parin :)
Yup! nakita ko rin yung post sa pc tech.

OT: Jeps, send nyo sakin yung mga mixdown. May rushjob kasi ako dito.

bukas na lang boss kit. na move naman ang album launching nung client. thursday next week na daw. we have till sunday to the other 3 songs pa naman :)
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
OT: parin :)
bukas na lang boss kit. na move naman ang album launching nung client. thursday next week na daw. we have till sunday to the other 3 songs pa naman :)

okies! mga sunday pa ako available.