hulika

Author Topic: Behringer Guitar Stuff Thread - Let's collect them here.  (Read 111151 times)

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
Re: Behringer Stomps Thread - Let's collect them here.
« Reply #225 on: May 29, 2008, 09:44:54 AM »
It's official.

The Behringer CS100 is a Boss CS3 clone. I used the Boss schematic to trace out the CS100.

Although the CS100 uses better quality parts (low noise TL064 opamp chips). Eto ang kicker. The main chip on the Behringer, I was able to transplant to a Boss CS3 (which requires a THAT2159 chip, almost impossible to get on its own) and the CS3 worked !

And another thing that's official, although better fitting in the BAMFx Pedal mods thread... I can now modify Behringer pedals. :D :D :D  :-D
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline Drew Asuncion

« Reply #226 on: May 29, 2008, 09:59:43 AM »

i've tested this pedal and i think it sound good...actually matagal ko na pinagiisipang bumili...pero hinihintay ko rin ang opinion ng tube experts tulad ni sir bamf...so ayun...HULI!!!!

Baka puwede mag-A/B test between the VT999 and an ordinary Behringer distortion pedal, para malaman yung difference sa tunog? Or kahit sa Boss na distortion, since at P6k halos ka-price na ng VT999 ang brand-new na Boss?
Dasal lang at gitara ang sandata sa gabi!

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #227 on: May 29, 2008, 11:07:35 AM »
It's official.

The Behringer CS100 is a Boss CS3 clone. I used the Boss schematic to trace out the CS100.

Although the CS100 uses better quality parts (low noise TL064 opamp chips). Eto ang kicker. The main chip on the Behringer, I was able to transplant to a Boss CS3 (which requires a THAT2159 chip, almost impossible to get on its own) and the CS3 worked !

And another thing that's official, although better fitting in the BAMFx Pedal mods thread... I can now modify Behringer pedals. :D :D :D  :-D

astig, congrats sa breakthrough na yan!! :)

Offline mahavishnu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #228 on: May 29, 2008, 12:06:50 PM »
had a chance to operate on one of the new behringer pedal, oldskul's DYNAMICS COMPRESSOR (yes, dynamicS).

its a bit bigger than a dynacomp, the aluminum housing is quite light, i dont know if its aluminum

their poor excuse for a stomp switch lead me into thinking if its truebypass

but yeah its wired truebypass, dpdt. i dont get why they have to improvise on the switch, parang pinahirapan lang nila sarili nila, it may be cheaper but, they can get dpdt's in china/taiwan cheap too.

traced the innards and yeah its a dynacomp clone, konti lang iba, i think only 1 resistor and 1 cap are slightly off the original value. and ofcourse the 16-pin mystery IC (maybe its a 16pin version of ca3080 but i think there's no such)

here's where you do the treble tweak (mod this right and you can make it transparent)

do your hifi mod here

basically, its a good attempt to make a comp, hate the SMD, and the cost cutting method , its just not practical. you can do hifi mod and can even convert it to ross specs if you brave the smc.

Offline amic

« Reply #229 on: May 29, 2008, 12:29:44 PM »
feature=user

behringer toughest test ever

feature=related

Offline farleysbeat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #230 on: May 29, 2008, 02:35:09 PM »
had a chance to operate on one of the new behringer pedal, oldskul's DYNAMICS COMPRESSOR (yes, dynamicS).

its a bit bigger than a dynacomp, the aluminum housing is quite light, i dont know if its aluminum

but yeah its wired truebypass, dpdt. i dont get why they have to improvise on the switch, parang pinahirapan lang nila sarili nila, it may be cheaper but, they can get dpdt's in china/taiwan cheap too.

traced the innards and yeah its a dynacomp clone, konting lang iba, i think only 1 resistor and 1 cap are slightly off the original valye. and ofcourse the 16-pin mystery IC (maybe its a 16pin version of ca3080 but i think there no such)

here's where you do the treble tweak (mod this right and you can make it transparent)

do your hifi mod here

basically, its a good attempt to make a comp, hate the SMB, and the cost cutting method , its just not practical. you can do hifi mod and can even convert it to ross specs if you brave the smb.

nice.  :-D naglalabasan na ang laman-loob ng behringers. hehe. bagong-bago pa lang yan a. kaka-release pa lang naoperahan agad. hehe. how's the sound sir?
Luke 1:37; Mark 9:23

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #231 on: May 29, 2008, 06:26:28 PM »

traced the innards and yeah its a dynacomp clone, konting lang iba, i think only 1 resistor and 1 cap are slightly off the original valye. and ofcourse the 16-pin mystery IC (maybe its a 16pin version of ca3080 but i think there no such)

do your hifi mod here

basically, its a good attempt to make a comp, hate the SMB, and the cost cutting method , its just not practical. you can do hifi mod and can even convert it to ross specs if you brave the smb.

That's a wierd way in cost cutting the switch. How much does it cost?
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline mahavishnu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #232 on: May 29, 2008, 08:05:28 PM »
nice.  :-D naglalabasan na ang laman-loob ng behringers. hehe. bagong-bago pa lang yan a. kaka-release pa lang naoperahan agad. hehe. how's the sound sir?

sounds thin and trebly when stock. im not sure if thats the case with all of them because ive a feeling this particular comp has a busted treble filter. sounds great after the hifi mod , wider dynamics and improve transparency and no squishy squashy =] ask owner oldskul

That's a wierd way in cost cutting the switch. How much does it cost?

sorry , i dont know but i guess its dirt cheap,ask oldskul

Offline old_iskul

« Reply #233 on: May 30, 2008, 09:45:04 AM »
sounds thin and trebly when stock. im not sure if thats the case with all of them because ive a feeling this particular comp has a busted treble filter. sounds great after the hifi mod , wider dynamics and improve transparency and no squishy squashy =] ask owner oldskul

sorry , i dont know but i guess its dirt cheap,ask oldskul

Yup, I'd say the surgery was worth it despite the trade off for the squishy sound. Before, I used to tweak the amp settings just to tame the shrilling highs and had to dial for the perfect compression to come up w/ a pleasing sound, but after the hi-fi mod . . .transparency, thickness and balance of tone I was longing to hear was in that mod.  The dynamics was more pronounced as well as the sustain (just like what the site says . . "Smooth Operator"). Not noisy pedal.    Tama ka Erwin, best results come when knobs are set past 12, thats where the magic starts!!

Got this ped from Bossing boss (last day niya ngayon for orders ata) you guys can PM him.

Thanks uli Erwin!

Offline redballs17

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #234 on: May 30, 2008, 10:53:53 AM »
Nice. Di ko pa rin nakikita loob ng VT999 ko  :-D. Ganda ng tinog niyan kapag na boost ng TS type na pedal.

here are some shots of the vt999. :evil:

metal all around ang construction.  :-) sobrang tahimik ng pedal na ito. kahit todo na lahat e tolarable pa rin ang noise. also, it does not choke-up or go very nasal even at a hi-gain set-up. kung may useless sa pedal na ito, yung built-in noise gate. di naman kasi magagamit e. hehe.

Sir BAMF, pwede kayang ma-mod yung VT999?   :-D
para magamait talaga ung tube?

Buti na lang nabasa ko to kagad kasi palitan ko sana ung tube. :-)

:D .

Baka ginagamit na "diode" lang yung tube ? That's an expensive clip stage !

But to use it as a triode, you'll need at least five wires. Two for the filament, one for the plate, one for the grid and one for the cathode.

Yung delay effect can be implemented with solid state stuff, dali lang yun electronics 101 :D . Kaso kung ganun nga, talagang dinudugas tayo ng Behringer sa VT999.

Oh well.

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #235 on: May 30, 2008, 11:00:19 AM »
This is a forum siggy.

Offline amic

« Reply #236 on: May 30, 2008, 11:25:36 AM »
might be of interest

"Will you ever buy Behringer Equipment after reading this?"

http://www.record-producer.com/learn.cfm?a=2838

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/209600-behringer-fake-nooooooo.html

kung tag 1k lang na 2nd hand na mint why not?

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #237 on: May 30, 2008, 11:30:59 AM »
might be of interest

"Will you ever buy Behringer Equipment after reading this?"

http://www.record-producer.com/learn.cfm?a=2838

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/209600-behringer-fake-nooooooo.html

..which can also be equated to "Would Your Ever Buy KORG Products After Reading That Thing About Behringer?"

skimming through the reads, it was about Behringer backlighting "tubes" with bright colored LEDs. the author also pointed out that Korg also did this with particular model. hehe, anlabo talaga.

Offline amic

« Reply #238 on: May 30, 2008, 11:36:19 AM »
fake tube glow

you mean ganto ang vt999

i'll be damned...plano ok pa naman buy nito

s*it

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #239 on: May 30, 2008, 11:40:46 AM »
yeah bro yan nga. it doesnt matter to me though, sala pa naman ako nyan. and if it works the way you expect it to, what's the case?

Offline farleysbeat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #240 on: May 30, 2008, 01:56:53 PM »
fake tube glow

you mean ganto ang vt999

i'll be damned...plano ok pa naman buy nito

s*it

di ganyan ang vt999. onting back read lang at makikita mo na walang led sa likod nung tube. hehe. underutilized nga lang.

Yup, I'd say the surgery was worth it despite the trade off for the squishy sound. Before, I used to tweak the amp settings just to tame the shrilling highs and had to dial for the perfect compression to come up w/ a pleasing sound, but after the hi-fi mod . . .transparency, thickness and balance of tone I was longing to hear was in that mod.  The dynamics was more pronounced as well as the sustain (just like what the site says . . "Smooth Operator"). Not noisy pedal.    Tama ka Erwin, best results come when knobs are set past 12, thats where the magic starts!!

Got this ped from Bossing boss (last day niya ngayon for orders ata) you guys can PM him.

Thanks uli Erwin!

thanks sa feedback/info. napapansin ko rin na dumadami na ang tahimik na pedals ng behringer. at least sa mga nasubukan ko pa lang.  :-D

meron nang ganyan sa Pinas. nakita ko lang last week. di ko nga lang alam kung kanino mas mura...kung kay sir BossingBoss o sa audio depot.

yeah bro yan nga. it doesnt matter to me though, sala pa naman ako nyan. and if it works the way you expect it to, what's the case?

+1. parang sa gitara lang yan e. aanuhin mo ang gold hardware kung panget naman pala ang tunog. parang mali ata yung analogy ko a.  :? haha!

Nice. Di ko pa rin nakikita loob ng VT999 ko  :-D. Ganda ng tinog niyan kapag na boost ng TS type na pedal.

yung vt999 mo ba parang diesel engine din? kailangan pang painitin bago maging full sounding? baka mamaya kasi, sira lang pala tong akin. haha!  :lol:

Offline redballs17

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #241 on: May 30, 2008, 05:44:49 PM »
Yup. Kamukang kamuka yata ng iyo. Vintage white din.  :-D
after ilang seconds din para tumunog, at kailangan mo pang mag antay ng ila pang sandali para gumanda pa ung tunog.

ya lang pag malakas ung amp lalo na pag tube amp, parang may noticeable na hiss yung akin. kaya nagagamit ko ung noisegate niya. O baka sira ung akin. :-(

yung vt999 mo ba parang diesel engine din? kailangan pang painitin bago maging full sounding? baka mamaya kasi, sira lang pala tong akin. haha!  :lol:

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2008, 08:54:05 PM »
sir meron na ba nito sa pinas?? :?

parang uprgrade version ng GDI21 nawala lang un XLR input

Offline amic

« Reply #243 on: May 30, 2008, 10:19:21 PM »
sino na nakasubok/gumagamit ng PB100 preamp booster?

oks review nito sa harmony central kasi

Offline brainwashed12

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #244 on: May 30, 2008, 11:39:14 PM »
this is realted naman mga sir eh..anyway.. regarding the behringer delay..ano po ba ung pde sa bass diyan?and what do you think about it? and yes nabasa ko na ung previous pages pero pano po pag sa bass?thankyou  :-D

Offline drixs76

« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2008, 10:35:19 AM »
di ganyan ang vt999. onting back read lang at makikita mo na walang led sa likod nung tube. hehe. underutilized nga lang.

thanks sa feedback/info. napapansin ko rin na dumadami na ang tahimik na pedals ng behringer. at least sa mga nasubukan ko pa lang.  :-D

meron nang ganyan sa Pinas. nakita ko lang last week. di ko nga lang alam kung kanino mas mura...kung kay sir BossingBoss o sa audio depot.

+1. parang sa gitara lang yan e. aanuhin mo ang gold hardware kung panget naman pala ang tunog. parang mali ata yung analogy ko a.  :? haha!

sir farely salamat sa pm mo, san ba location ng store na binanggt mo?

Offline drixs76

« Reply #246 on: May 31, 2008, 10:38:33 AM »
ano n b talaga? ok pa bang bilhin yng vt999? parang fake yata tube

Offline farleysbeat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #247 on: May 31, 2008, 10:48:18 AM »
ano n b talaga? ok pa bang bilhin yng vt999? parang fake yata tube

subukan mo muna tapos tsaka ka magdesisyon kung bibilin mo.  :-D sa in tune sa may greenhills ko nabili yung akin. sa iba pang in tune at audio depot meron ding ganyan. merong branches ang audio depot sa robinsons ortigas, raon, at alimall.

di naman peke yung tube. under-utilized/misused nga lang. anyway, AFAIC see, yung mga nakasubok/nakagamit na ng vt999 positive naman ang feedback with regards to its sound and functionality.

sir meron na ba nito sa pinas?? :?

parang uprgrade version ng GDI21 nawala lang un XLR input

meron na.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 10:50:09 AM by farleysbeat »

Offline brainwashed12

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #248 on: May 31, 2008, 01:41:36 PM »
i did back read..pero whats your final call regarding their delay?

Offline amic

« Reply #249 on: May 31, 2008, 10:21:54 PM »
i did back read..pero whats your final call regarding their delay?

i use to own dd100 and I can say that it is good for the newbie, lots of fun using it, but if you are a matured player you wouldn't impress yourself using it on a live gig, I eventually sold mine, I like the digital reverb dr100 better