hulika

Author Topic: Behringer Guitar Stuff Thread - Let's collect them here.  (Read 111166 times)

Offline brainwashed12

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Behringer Stomps Thread - Let's collect them here.
« Reply #250 on: May 31, 2008, 10:36:58 PM »
i use to own dd100 and I can say that it is good for the newbie, lots of fun using it, but if you are a matured player you wouldn't impress yourself using it on a live gig, I eventually sold mine, I like the digital reverb dr100 better
actually im a bassist sir..GAS lang talaga ako sa delay i just dont know why..kulang  ko na lang sa set up ko sa bass ay octave and synth.. GAS lang talaga sa delay so for me kahit behringer lang okay na  :-D gusto ko lang malaman kung malupit ba yung dd100? heheheehehe

Offline amic

« Reply #251 on: May 31, 2008, 10:43:42 PM »
actually im a bassist sir..GAS lang talaga ako sa delay i just dont know why..kulang  ko na lang sa set up ko sa bass ay octave and synth.. GAS lang talaga sa delay so for me kahit behringer lang okay na  :-D gusto ko lang malaman kung malupit ba yung dd100? heheheehehe

hindi malupit ang dd100 nakakasawa ang tunog bro i tell you, saka kapag pinihit mo yung delay time, pop sound ang lumalabas not warp like ng sa boss...pansinin mo kapag na try mo sa outlets ng behringer- it stayed for a month sakin then i sold it , itong dr100 3 months na and kuntento nako sa tunog nya

maybe i was looking for a reverb pedal after all  :wink:

i use to own

GDI21 guitar amp modeler
blues overdrive bo100
vintage tube overdrive to800
overdrive /distortion od100
compressor sustainer cs100
ultra tremolo UT100
digital delay dd100

acoustic modeler am100 -sounds hissy at hi level( i need to set it at 3 oclock level for it to shine and cut through the band)

digital reverb dr100- ayus na ayus but the level setting is also sensitive i don't go way past 10'oclock for it will start to sound flooded,drowning

only these two stayed in my arsenal lately
i replace my drive pedals with Digitechs BM and i liked it a lot as for the dd100 with dr100
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 10:56:07 PM by amic »

Offline brainwashed12

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #252 on: May 31, 2008, 10:49:27 PM »
hindi malupit ang dd100 nakakasawa ang tunog bro i tell you, saka kapag pinihit mo yung delay time, pop sound ang lumalabas not warp like ng sa boss...pansinin mo kapag na try mo sa outlets ng behringer- it stayed for a month sakin then i sold it , itong dr100 3 months na and kuntento nako sa tunog nya

maybe i was looking for a reverb pedal after all  :wink:
pagipunan ko na lang siguro dd3 or dd6 :-D

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #253 on: June 01, 2008, 03:44:34 AM »
singgit muna natin ito tutal tubes naman din ang pinaguusapan,

sir bamf anun tinggin niyo dito sa ibanez tube king

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #254 on: June 05, 2008, 09:16:40 AM »
..which can also be equated to "Would Your Ever Buy KORG Products After Reading That Thing About Behringer?"

skimming through the reads, it was about Behringer backlighting "tubes" with bright colored LEDs. the author also pointed out that Korg also did this with particular model. hehe, anlabo talaga.

heres a pretty late reply from me  :-D

i think its more of a cosmetic and marketing value to make the tubes glow.

placebo effect perhaps?  :lol: :lol:

but it is correct.... if its cheap, sounds good, and works fine..... WHY NOT?

« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 09:20:47 AM by digitalcyco »
This is a forum siggy.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #255 on: June 05, 2008, 09:23:15 AM »
singgit muna natin ito tutal tubes naman din ang pinaguusapan,

sir bamf anun tinggin niyo dito sa ibanez tube king

I don't think Ibanez would stoop down to the level of putting in a tube for aesthetics or marketing purposes. There's too much of a reputation at stake.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline farleysbeat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #256 on: June 05, 2008, 09:44:31 AM »
heres a pretty late reply from me  :-D

i think its more of a cosmetic and marketing value to make the tubes glow.

haha! "false" marketing strategy that is.  :lol:
Luke 1:37; Mark 9:23

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #257 on: June 05, 2008, 09:51:23 AM »
hehe, marami naman kasi hindi nagbubulatlat ng effects nila for fear of damaging the unit. pero if it works, go with it.

i like the GDI and OD100 when cascaded (or GDI on Tweed and Clean), works for me, masks my playing inadequacy at times  :evil: pero worth it. still im thinking if putting the GDI at the end of the chain will be advisable (tamad na ko magback read hehe).

Offline farleysbeat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #258 on: June 05, 2008, 10:56:59 AM »
still im thinking if putting the GDI at the end of the chain will be advisable (tamad na ko magback read hehe).

dati sir yung gdi ko used as dirt pedal din. wah->od->gdi->etc. pero nung ginawa kong pre-amp, IMHO, mas ramdam yung presence nung fx/gitara. tas sa fx loop/saksakan sa likod ng amp (kung available) ko na kinakabit. pero kapag wala, clean lang yung setting nung amp.  :-D

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #259 on: June 05, 2008, 12:59:35 PM »
oh, e sa mga pros question lang po: how do you know that a pedal is true bypass or not? is it pag tinanggal yung battery at walang psu na nakakabit e lulusot pa din yung signal mo na clean? (yun yung assumption ko)

may mga pedals naman na pag sinaksak mo na yung jack mo e umiilaw na yung LED while yung iba hindi naman, that is, kelangan mo pang apakan para mag-on. what could be the explanation?

im asking in the context of mostly Beheringer pedal system (cureently i have seven na). just wanting for an overview.

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #260 on: June 05, 2008, 02:31:58 PM »
is it pag tinanggal yung battery at walang psu na nakakabit e lulusot pa din yung signal mo na clean? (yun yung assumption ko)

well yeah, basically thats how I find out if its true bypass or not.

I maybe wrong though
This is a forum siggy.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #261 on: June 05, 2008, 09:51:31 PM »
well yeah, basically thats how I find out if its true bypass or not.

I maybe wrong though

Some pedals like MXR Phase 90's will exhibit that. But they are not true bypass. It uses what's called "output switching" where the selector merely selects between routing the output jack to the input wire (bypass daw) or from the output of the circuit (engaged).

Now that seems cool but all that time, the input of the effects board is still connected to the signal source. It is still a source of tone suck.

In a real true bypass, the switch uses two poles which directly short out the input and output jacks. In the bypass position, the effects board itself is completely cut out of the signal path resulting in "just a wire", so to speak, running between the input and output jacks.

Gets ba ? :D . Di ko magawa yung finger gesticulations ko to explain it fully e :D

Offline mikomiko

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #262 on: June 06, 2008, 04:11:13 AM »
Sir Bamf may available MOD ba kayo for GDI21??? tama kayo more than ok sya buth the one thing i dont like in this pedal is there is a slight Dist in it kahit naka off n yung gain i only use it on stack/Clean mode
SKA UP YER LIFE RUDY!!!

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #263 on: June 06, 2008, 08:14:40 AM »
Some pedals like MXR Phase 90's will exhibit that. But they are not true bypass. It uses what's called "output switching" where the selector merely selects between routing the output jack to the input wire (bypass daw) or from the output of the circuit (engaged).

Now that seems cool but all that time, the input of the effects board is still connected to the signal source. It is still a source of tone suck.

In a real true bypass, the switch uses two poles which directly short out the input and output jacks. In the bypass position, the effects board itself is completely cut out of the signal path resulting in "just a wire", so to speak, running between the input and output jacks.

Gets ba ? :D . Di ko magawa yung finger gesticulations ko to explain it fully e :D

yeah sir, mejo may idea na ko, i did some research din kahapon and from them mejo mainit yung discussion regarding TB pedals and those that are buffered. im thinking that basically kung titingnan yung maliit na switches na behringer i assume na buffered sila. wow, imagine what it can do to your signal kung lahat buffered hehe.

i may be wrong though.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #264 on: June 06, 2008, 10:22:10 AM »
Sir Bamf may available MOD ba kayo for GDI21??? tama kayo more than ok sya buth the one thing i dont like in this pedal is there is a slight Dist in it kahit naka off n yung gain i only use it on stack/Clean mode

Yes I've already made my first GDI21 true bypass. It was great and cool until I tried to rehouse it. Ayun, na-damage ko sya. I love the GDI21 so much that I bought another one. It's a real tone sucker nga lang and hindi ko pa namo-mod tong 2nd unit ko, so for now I still bring it to gigs but only as a back-up.

It's my second gig last night at Mayrics where I used my scalarized Zoom G2 :D. Ang sarap talaga, napaka-convenient ehehehe. And now, nakaka-loko na sya, pwede na syang maka-loko na analog syerrr.

yeah sir, mejo may idea na ko, i did some research din kahapon and from them mejo mainit yung discussion regarding TB pedals and those that are buffered. im thinking that basically kung titingnan yung maliit na switches na behringer i assume na buffered sila. wow, imagine what it can do to your signal kung lahat buffered hehe.

i may be wrong though.

They are all bufferred. From what I know and seen so far. Pati yung mga mukhang vintage, pag binuksan mo yung mga teeny-weeny na tac switches lang makikita mo. You cannot implement true true bypass on those.

Me advantages and disadvantages ang buffered. Buffered pedals will reinforce your guitar signal, and this can be useful if you have a long pedal chain. The disadvantage tho is that it results in tone suck.

Eto bigay ko ang secret to make buffered pedals almost sound like TBP. Replace the input transistor if it's bi-polar with an FET. Then replace the gate bias (used to be base bias) resistor with a value of around 2.2 Meg. This is a very high value and will not load down the guitar signal.

This is part of what I do if the pedals I mod are buffered by a BJT transistor and the difference in sound is very audible. It results nga lang in this tube-amp like compression because the guitar becomes very sensitive and responsive because its signal is no longer loaded down by low-impedance BJT buffers.

Whew. Kaya ayaw ko nagpo-post pag bagong inum ako ng kape eh. Hyper masyado. What I said doesn't even belong to the behringer thread hehehe.

Offline amic

« Reply #265 on: June 06, 2008, 10:46:24 AM »
B-ehringer
A-dvanced
M-odification
F-???

ala pako mainisip sir kaw nalang mag add ha? :lol:

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #266 on: June 06, 2008, 10:53:04 AM »
Yes I've already made my first GDI21 true bypass. It was great and cool until I tried to rehouse it. Ayun, na-damage ko sya. I love the GDI21 so much that I bought another one. It's a real tone sucker nga lang and hindi ko pa namo-mod tong 2nd unit ko, so for now I still bring it to gigs but only as a back-up.

It's my second gig last night at Mayrics where I used my scalarized Zoom G2 :D. Ang sarap talaga, napaka-convenient ehehehe. And now, nakaka-loko na sya, pwede na syang maka-loko na analog syerrr.

They are all bufferred. From what I know and seen so far. Pati yung mga mukhang vintage, pag binuksan mo yung mga teeny-weeny na tac switches lang makikita mo. You cannot implement true true bypass on those.

Me advantages and disadvantages ang buffered. Buffered pedals will reinforce your guitar signal, and this can be useful if you have a long pedal chain. The disadvantage tho is that it results in tone suck.

Eto bigay ko ang secret to make buffered pedals almost sound like TBP. Replace the input transistor if it's bi-polar with an FET. Then replace the gate bias (used to be base bias) resistor with a value of around 2.2 Meg. This is a very high value and will not load down the guitar signal.

This is part of what I do if the pedals I mod are buffered by a BJT transistor and the difference in sound is very audible. It results nga lang in this tube-amp like compression because the guitar becomes very sensitive and responsive because its signal is no longer loaded down by low-impedance BJT buffers.

Whew. Kaya ayaw ko nagpo-post pag bagong inum ako ng kape eh. Hyper masyado. What I said doesn't even belong to the behringer thread hehehe.

hehe, palagay ko boss bamf eh mariring soldering yan. i'll just practice na lang muna hehe, sayang ang oras e. sabi nga, if it sounds ok, go. wala pa naman ako sa stage na naghahanap na ng purity sa tunog, effects lang muna. or scalarize nalang to get an enhanced response hehe.

Offline amic

« Reply #267 on: June 06, 2008, 11:02:17 AM »
B-ehringer
A-dvanced
M-odification
F-???

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #268 on: June 06, 2008, 11:08:51 AM »
B-ehringer
A-dvanced
M-odification
F-???

Meron na dati.

Better Audio Made Fossible . Este ! :D

Offline black_dieagram

• Netizen Level
« Reply #269 on: June 06, 2008, 11:21:46 AM »
B-ehringer
A-dvanced
M-odification
F-afa?

pede ba yun sir?

Anyway, sir BAMF nakapagbukas na ba kayo ng Behringer AC108? Eto kasi gamit kong practice amplifier. After ko kasi mabasa yung ibang parts nung thread, nagduda tuloy ako kung misused din ba yung tube sa amp na yun. Namomodify din ba tong amp na to? I know it is off the topic kasi nga this thread is about stomps, isiningit ko na lang.  :-)

Offline farleysbeat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #270 on: June 06, 2008, 11:37:32 AM »

the information is all worth it. besides, kayo rin naman ang TS di ba? hehe.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #271 on: June 06, 2008, 11:50:26 AM »
B-ehringer
A-dvanced
M-odification
F-afa?

pede ba yun sir?

Anyway, sir BAMF nakapagbukas na ba kayo ng Behringer AC108? Eto kasi gamit kong practice amplifier. After ko kasi mabasa yung ibang parts nung thread, nagduda tuloy ako kung misused din ba yung tube sa amp na yun. Namomodify din ba tong amp na to? I know it is off the topic kasi nga this thread is about stomps, isiningit ko na lang.  :-)

Yan ba yung maliit ? It's easier to properly use a tube in an amp than in a pedal, kasi by default all the voltages you need can be made available in an amp. Pero kung talagang nagtitipid sila, baka nga ginamit lang na palamuti.

I won't venture muna into modding behringer amps. Ang behringer stomps kasi pag nasira ko, kaya kong palitan. Ang amp, aaray ako if I had to pay for replacing any amp I damage. Ganun lang talaga palakasan lang ng loob yan e hahaha. :D

Offline amic

« Reply #272 on: June 06, 2008, 11:52:03 AM »
B-ehringer/BOSS/Boston
A-dvanced
M-odification
F-afa?

sir bamf, sana official nato acronym mo

Offline black_dieagram

• Netizen Level
« Reply #273 on: June 06, 2008, 12:02:26 PM »
Yup yung maliit, 15-watts amplifier.

I see, thanks sir Bamfx for the reply. 

I think ok naman tong amplifier na ito for practice purposes or small jamming session. If using the amp alone; usable ang built-in drive, ang equalizer medyo limited: high at low lang, may shift button to switch on tube or solid state mode(I hope I'm correct), pero may significant noise nga lang pa rin pag mataas ang gain, although pede namang ma-eliminate with proper use of noise reducers. Nagbakasakali lang na baka nakapagmodify na kayo nito, para ma-enhance yung capability ng amp na to.  :-)

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #274 on: June 06, 2008, 12:12:43 PM »
Yup yung maliit, 15-watts amplifier.

I see, thanks sir Bamfx for the reply. 

I think ok naman tong amplifier na ito for practice purposes or small jamming session. If using the amp alone; usable ang built-in drive, ang equalizer medyo limited: high at low lang, may shift button to switch on tube or solid state mode(I hope I'm correct), pero may significant noise nga lang pa rin pag mataas ang gain, although pede namang ma-eliminate with proper use of noise reducers. Nagbakasakali lang na baka nakapagmodify na kayo nito, para ma-enhance yung capability ng amp na to.  :-)

Umm sa kin lang naman...

If you want an upgrade, an amp with at least a 12 inch speaker should be your norm. Okay yang maliit for situations like say punta ka sa guitar clinics and you need to bring a totable amp. So you can leave it as it is. But if you want SOUND, 12 inches speaker lang lagi. Hindi kaya ng anything less ang drives, specially heavy, thundering drives :D. I ditched my 10-inch speaker amps when I realized this.

Edit: that being said however, I have already scalarized amps as small as a Marshall MS4 with good results. Don't expect the world of it tho, but there is a definite tonal improvement. This operation can be performed safely on any amp, behringer or not. :D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 12:15:23 PM by BAMF »