hulika

Author Topic: FreedomTom the German..  (Read 68713 times)

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: FreedomTom the German..
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2007, 01:10:45 PM »
What exactly is the point of this thread?

Also, I have yet to read a post that shows that the Tom guy was indeed nanggogoyo.  Kung barat sa pagbili lang ang ginagawa niya, eh hindi yan panggogoyo. 

I find it funny that some of you take the high road and don the nationalistic cap.  If you had contacts overseas willing to pay 2x (or more!) what folks in Manila are willing to pay for the same stuff, I bet that you'd be in the same business that Tom is in.

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2007, 02:03:24 PM »
normal sales talk lang naman yata yung ginagawa niya, ewan ko lang pero 3 times ko pa lang siya nakakausap so really can't tell, mukhang normal sa mga sales man kahit sa palengke makikita mo style niya hindi panggogoyo yung ginagawa niya. hindi naman kasi charity yung ginagawa niya eh isa yun sa mga kabuhayan niya di nama nniya siguro dadalhin dito as pinas yung isang katutak na gitara niya kung balak niya lang i display o ipamigay o ibenta ng paluge para sabihin ng mga pinoy eh mabait siyang german
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 02:15:37 PM by bugoy »

Offline dan_sparta

« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2007, 04:29:47 PM »

Also, I have yet to read a post that shows that the Tom guy was indeed nanggogoyo.  Kung barat sa pagbili lang ang ginagawa niya, eh hindi yan panggogoyo. 

I find it funny that some of you take the high road and don the nationalistic cap.  If you had contacts overseas willing to pay 2x (or more!) what folks in Manila are willing to pay for the same stuff, I bet that you'd be in the same business that Tom is in.
kung maganda deal o pangit, desisyon nyo yun, nasa inyo parin kung nagpasindak kayo, sabi nga ni morerro kung nakipag deal ka at nagtapos kayo ke panalo o talo ka ikaw ang medisisyon nun, d naman ibang tao kundi ikaw lang, kase kung d mo gusto yun d naman mangyayari yun d ba? at try nyo puntahan  d naman kayo pipilitin sales talk lang nya talaga yun. :-D at tama sabi ni prs gagawin mo din yung benta sa ibang bansa kung me acces kayo d ba. :-D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 04:44:35 PM by dan_sparta »
Mga BRO click nyo link sa baba may " FOR SALE" pa ako dito. Txt 0916-7590926(GLOBE)09298522810(SMART) SALAMAT
http://dansparta.multiply.com/

Offline chromeknive

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2007, 11:18:53 PM »
ang hindi ko gusto sa thread na 'to, may mga banat na "gross and ugly german", "nazi" at "hitler".

guys. hindi tama ito. konting perspective naman. guitar gear lang 'yan at business.

talaga ba namang ito ang ihaharap ninyo na ugali sa mundo?

barubal man siya o hindi sa pagconduct ng business nya, it doesnt warrant offensive comments like those.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2007, 11:29:17 PM »
ang hindi ko gusto sa thread na 'to, may mga banat na "gross and ugly german", "nazi" at "hitler".

guys. hindi tama ito. konting perspective naman. guitar gear lang 'yan at business.

talaga ba namang ito ang ihaharap ninyo na ugali sa mundo?

barubal man siya o hindi sa pagconduct ng business nya, it doesnt warrant offensive comments like those.

amen....theres a light at the end of the tunnel 8-)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline dan_sparta

« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2007, 12:49:22 AM »
amen....theres a light at the end of the tunnel 8-)
another hate hype kasi kinalabasan nitong tread na di naman nila alam o kilala nang husto yung tao. kaya vote ko dito  LOCK NA ITO!  8-) peace!
Mga BRO click nyo link sa baba may " FOR SALE" pa ako dito. Txt 0916-7590926(GLOBE)09298522810(SMART) SALAMAT
http://dansparta.multiply.com/

Offline toybitz

« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2007, 01:15:38 AM »

I hope he doesn't just leaves his contact number on the seller's page for the rest of his PhilM forum days...   

I hope he'll start posting 'em guitar and amp collection that's either for sale or for keeps.

this is why I started this thread... for fectures.. hehehe... but it turns out that naging off topic.  :lol:
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline julian

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #82 on: December 17, 2007, 10:21:14 AM »
former luker here. i can't help but comment on this.

i guess the point is to forewarn the people of what to expect when dealing with this guy.

same here. yun nga lang yung "paninigaw" niya is not necessarily pambabarat. pambabastos yun. i guess people who have been shouted at by this guy is entitled to say this or rant about it. yun nga lang may snide comments na rin kasi yung iba.

i'm glad to inform you sir that not all Filipinos are like you. only a few, but not all. just look at the classifieds of this forum. daming nagiimport dito ng mga gamit. di naman lahat taga o nambabarat. patas lang.

I find it funny that some of you take the high road and don the nationalistic cap.

just a question sir, what wrong with being nationalistic?

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #83 on: December 17, 2007, 11:48:43 AM »
i'm glad to inform you sir that not all Filipinos are like you. only a few, but not all. just look at the classifieds of this forum.

Huh?  Based on what people said, the guy buys stuff cheap in Manila and resells in Europe at market.  Do you see the same thing being done in the classifieds?  Do people selling stuff in the classifieds have access to foreign buyers?  Do you want to make a bet as to how many people would jump at the opportunity to do the same thing he's doing?

Nothing... EXCEPT when it's all fake.  Read what people are saying, and behind all their words is nonsense.  Some forum members are riding the "nationalistic" wave and yet have no substance in their arguments.  Many are pissed that he lowballs you.  Big deal... that's what buyers do.  I have yet to read a well-grounded argument that proves that he is nanggogoyo, being mean, being unreasonable, etc.

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #84 on: December 17, 2007, 12:04:38 PM »
former luker here. i can't help but comment on this.

i guess the point is to forewarn the people of what to expect when dealing with this guy.

same here. yun nga lang yung "paninigaw" niya is not necessarily pambabarat. pambabastos yun. i guess people who have been shouted at by this guy is entitled to say this or rant about it. yun nga lang may snide comments na rin kasi yung iba.

i'm glad to inform you sir that not all Filipinos are like you. only a few, but not all. just look at the classifieds of this forum. daming nagiimport dito ng mga gamit. di naman lahat taga o nambabarat. patas lang.

I dont think being nationalistic means being stupid. If you think that selling for half the price locally is being nationalistic, think again its just bad business sense. Tom's got the thing right. If he can find a good deal locally (say a les paul for usd1.5k) he'd be stupid not to sell it in the US for 3k. He's in business, not charity work. Business is business... nothing personal. Don't confuse it for nationalism.

Why dont you start a business like tom's and give filipinos jobs instead of complaining about someone thats already doing it. 

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #85 on: December 17, 2007, 12:13:03 PM »
agree w/ PRSMan and vhunter's points.  i thought i had diffused it with my post pero some people didn't get it.  but i know where some people are coming from and let me shed some light...

PRSMan - i guess di mo pa naka-deal itong si Tom di ba?  pag kausap kasi itong mamang ito, medyo magaspang minsan makipagusap.  kung di ka nya kilala, medyo tunog matapobre at mayabang.  para bang ikaw ang sabik na sabik makipagdeal sa kanya, at di naman maganda gear na ibebenta mo, or baka di mo naman ma-afford yung gear nya.  basahin mo yung post ko at ni bitoy, yun ang sentiment na common with some others e.  baka ganun lang ugali ni Tom as a person pero maari ring mababa tingin nya sa Pinoys (di ko rin nagustuhan kung pano nya kausapin ung pinay na mrs nya e. magaspang... pero again, baka ganun lang siya talaga)  in any case, unfortunately, some people are trying to paint it black and white -- Pinoy vs. German/Westerner.  i think that's silly cuz (1) Tom prolly doesn't eve know he's doing it; (2) we've been f*cked up in worse ways by the West but no one knows or complains about those.

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2007, 12:47:20 PM »
agree w/ PRSMan and vhunter's points.  i thought i had diffused it with my post pero some people didn't get it.  but i know where some people are coming from and let me shed some light...

PRSMan - i guess di mo pa naka-deal itong si Tom di ba?  pag kausap kasi itong mamang ito, medyo magaspang minsan makipagusap.  kung di ka nya kilala, medyo tunog matapobre at mayabang.  para bang ikaw ang sabik na sabik makipagdeal sa kanya, at di naman maganda gear na ibebenta mo, or baka di mo naman ma-afford yung gear nya.  basahin mo yung post ko at ni bitoy, yun ang sentiment na common with some others e.  baka ganun lang ugali ni Tom as a person pero maari ring mababa tingin nya sa Pinoys (di ko rin nagustuhan kung pano nya kausapin ung pinay na mrs nya e. magaspang... pero again, baka ganun lang siya talaga)  in any case, unfortunately, some people are trying to paint it black and white -- Pinoy vs. German/Westerner.  i think that's silly cuz (1) Tom prolly doesn't eve know he's doing it; (2) we've been f*cked up in worse ways by the West but no one knows or complains about those.

Nope, I haven't dealt with that guy Tom but if he has a stash of vintage goodies, I'd love to meet him when I'm in Manila next year!   :-D

I read what people said about him... and for me, that's no different from dealing with some Pinoys as well right?  And that's even worse kasi sariling dugo mo na nga, kakulay mo pa, eh trintrato ka pa ng ganyan.  I've worked with people from different cultures -- and if you let their quirks get to you, eh ikaw lang ang talo in the end.  You just have to learn how to fend for yourself.

I read your story about your interaction with him... and that's what everyone should have done.  But the problem is this:  ang iba, mahina ang loob so tuloy, they get the raw end of the deal, and now all they can do is rant and cry in a forum.  Sad no?

Offline toybitz

« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2007, 12:55:12 PM »
I'm in Manila next year!   :-D

wow, that's great!

But the problem is this:  ang iba, mahina ang loob so tuloy, they get the raw end of the deal, and now all they can do is rant and cry in a forum.  Sad no?

sadly, yes.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2007, 01:32:12 PM »
...   and now all they can do is rant and cry in a forum.  Sad no?

Ika nga ni toybitz, sadly yes.

Ang mas masama, yung iba nakikikuyog pero di naman personally naka-deal si Tom, hearsay lang, chismis...  I've seen it happen on other threads where Tom becomes their favorite whipping boy topic. 

Btw, the worst deal I was in was with a pinoy -- ang yaman pa man din.  Tsk tsk. 

Offline the quite one

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2007, 03:26:04 PM »

I can't seem to comprehend your point sir PRS man et al with all due respect.. you havent met this guy naman pala and you act like he is your relative or boss... come on man..

Well, you should meet him ,so you have your own story to tell, AND MAY I ADVICE MAG PANGGAP KANG KARANIWANG KAPWA MO PINOY MUSIKERO, IF YOU'LL GO THERE AS MAYAMAN TALAGA THEN SURELY HE WILL ACCOMODATE YOU.

correction po!! he is not only buying our stuffs cheap and sell to Europe expensive, dito nya rin binebenta sa ating mga kababayan na kamahalmahal na binili nya lang naman ng mura!! btw big time business sa kanya, di tulad sa atin na karamihan e upgrade lang o small time buy and sell.. bakit may business permit ba sya?

puntahan mo sya pare na tulad sa amin karaniwang tao so youll know what these guys mean, okay? then and only then, you can say something about him

peace

Offline chromeknive

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #90 on: December 17, 2007, 05:02:52 PM »

I can't seem to comprehend your point sir PRS man et al with all due respect.. you havent met this guy naman pala and you act like he is your relative or boss... come on man..

what are you talking about? we dont defend or condone his actions at all. if you cant comprehend our point/points, then read harder. then read again. relative or boss? not at all. ang sinasabi lang namin, kung alam niyong masama yung ugali ng tao, don't compound the problem by being equally ignorant, bitter or flat-out racist. alam nyo pala kung anong tamang asal e, edi ipakita nyo that you're better than this character.

Well, you should meet him ,so you have your own story to tell, AND MAY I ADVICE MAG PANGGAP KANG KARANIWANG KAPWA MO PINOY MUSIKERO, IF YOU'LL GO THERE AS MAYAMAN TALAGA THEN SURELY HE WILL ACCOMODATE YOU.

Please don't play the class/caste/whatever card. Ang problema ng mga tao sa Pilipinas ay lahat ng di maganda na pangyayari sa buhay nila sinisisi nila sa ibang tao o sa kahirapan. Maging mayaman ka man o mahirap, kung mahina ka at magpapalugi, malulugi ka talaga.

correction po!! he is not only buying our stuffs cheap and sell to Europe expensive, dito nya rin binebenta sa ating mga kababayan na kamahalmahal na binili nya lang naman ng mura!! btw big time business sa kanya, di tulad sa atin na karamihan e upgrade lang o small time buy and sell.. bakit may business permit ba sya?

puntahan mo sya pare na tulad sa amin karaniwang tao so youll know what these guys mean, okay? then and only then, you can say something about him

peace

Ito tanong ko : Kung pinoy itong si Tom, anong racial slur ang magiging acceptable gamitin para sa kanya?
Sagot: Kahit anong ignorant racial slur ay hindi acceptable gamitin. Period.

You said it yourself : Buy and Sell...Business...HIS Business. That's the way he runs his business and it works for him. Let me tell you, I probably would hate dealing with him. At...Hindi ako mayaman. Pare, your playing the class/caste card is invalid.

So ang sinasabi mo ba na pag mahirap ka, okay lang gumamit ng mga pulpol (sorry sa mga tatamaan pero papanindigan ko ito) na offensive comments like "nazi" at "hitler"?

Barubal siya kung sa barubal. Sige, warn people na barubal siya. Pero wag sanang pairalin ang ignorance, intolerance at racism sa forum na 'to. Guitar forum na nga lang lumalabas pa yung irresponsibility at ignorance ng tao.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 07:12:41 PM by chromeknive »

Offline chromeknive

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2007, 05:09:46 PM »
And also, peace. sa mga pinoy dito na minsa'y nadadala ng emotion or whatnot, Ipakita natin na mali ang negative stereotypes na binibigay sa atin.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 07:10:37 PM by chromeknive »

Offline borgy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2007, 05:21:21 PM »
Simple words of advise when you want to deal with Mang Tom:
SELLERS BEWARE!

If you want to get the true/fair  value of your gear or your money, do some research first before going there. Be man enough in holding your ground  and dont show any sign of fear  when youre infront of him. I had my own experience when I dealt with him. I just dont  want our own kind to fall into the same trap. Nationalistic? In a way yes because we are  trying to protect our own kind in dealing with a different blood.
Gibson ES-335 dot Historic, 1978  Fender Sunburst Strat. Suhr Classic T. McNeill OM guitar, Yamaha APX7,Fender Ultralight, Brown Note 18w, Purkhiser Amp, Firebelly Deluxe Reverb,  Mad Professor Little Green Wonder, AYA Drivesta,

Offline grasyaps

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #93 on: December 17, 2007, 11:04:49 PM »

peace

1. big business lang ba ang dapat may permit? daming ngbubuy and sell, wlang permit and not because banyaga sha, he is rewlang kaso ung pagbili nya ng mga bagay-bagay.
Most Recent Successful Deals with: cap10weevil, carey, david_leyson, DyuN_whamMe, gt bass, guitarmaniacgino, jacobsarinas, jimny, jodencio, loydariel, pie_key, prince22, Spoonbender, sysrq1172, washburnt25

Offline toybitz

« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2007, 01:30:44 AM »
sana maging fecture thread nalang eto as I intended it to be... hehehehe

daming magaganda at mapanglaway na pics ang bubusugin ng mata natin kun papatol si Tom Tom.

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2007, 05:12:38 AM »
I understand the points regarding being careful when selling since as some mentioned, he tends to lowball. I'm curious to know more what if I'm the buyer? Ano experiences nyo? I called him once I think around january or feb this yr and may ere nga ang dating nya but I have yet to talk to him in person. Ayoko lang yung sindakin ka ng di naman kailangan.

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2007, 05:18:57 AM »
This is a good plan to get in jail.  :-D

None of his guests leave the building without Tom himself giving a go-ahead to the security that his guest are free to leave.  None of his visitors can come up to his unit without Tom giving a go-signal either. 

Again, if you think this arrangements are oppressive or ridiculous, then take your business elsewhere.  You always have that option.

napipikon ba sya pag pumunta ka sa kanila tapos you end up not buying anything? I'd love to check him out when I do have the money to spare I just want to make sure I don't get pressured into buying anything for fear of not getting clearance to leave the building or whatever.

Offline markthevirtuoso

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2007, 05:41:48 AM »
napipikon ba sya pag pumunta ka sa kanila tapos you end up not buying anything?

No he doesn't. And that's based on atleast 7 visits I've had with him without buying anything. But then I came to him with all due courtesy, first of all.

Good deed initiated, good deed rewarded.

I don't remember having troubles with him. I bought a couple of cheapo guitars from his collection too. :wink:

Your experience may vary, though.
Fidelity means a horrible noise sounds like a horrible noise.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2007, 07:11:27 AM »

peace

dude, relax. ang tinatanong ni PRSMan is first-person account ng panggogoyo ni Tom.  ang daming nagcomment dito ng masama pero wala pang nagkwento ng actual na incident ng panggogoyo.  share yours if you have one.

btw, rest assured he's been selling a lot of nice stuff for years sa Europe. it's simple market economics -- pag mas malaki kitahin nya sa labas, dun nya benta. pag di naman ganun kalaki and not worth bringing abroad, eh di local selling na lang.

if that scheme sounds anti-Filipino, well we can call many Filipinos and other nationalities unpatriotic, cuz it's happening everyday at huge volumes worldwide. sounds familiar?  of course, it does... it's called:

eBay
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 07:17:10 AM by deltaslim »

Offline the quite one

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2007, 11:46:19 AM »

is there so much wrong when we tell fellow forumites not to sell gears on his place   pare? is it also wrong when we advice them its okay to visit his place only when you buy stuffs? what cards I'm playing are you talking about? You should have made validation of sentiments by buying first the buy and sell magazine if indeed he controls most of it?. kaya nga nag exodus papunta rito sa forum karamihan e. Verify these sentiments pare by visiting him personally, dalhin mo maganda mong gamit at ibenta sa kanya, kayo pala ang nakiki tsismis lang e.

You call these guys trying to be nationalistic? stupid? racist? I'd rather be one tahn be an idiot!!! Hail the knight in his shining armor(nighties ata pala!) ready to defend the guy whom he allegedly not met yet. Galing na kami don, kayo naman okay?