hulika

Author Topic: Guitar Central's 2007 Guitarist of Year Guitar Clinic (Psychic_sushi)PICS INSIDE  (Read 49730 times)

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Psychic_Sushi's Guitar Clinic
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2007, 07:30:14 PM »
me time na po ba?:)

aw oo nga noh wala pa time. wait ill text anton. wala kasi ako ngayon sa studio eh and di din kami nagkita last nite ni antonski.

ill update you guys later :)
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2007, 09:33:02 PM »
Hey folks!

Damn, i didnt expect that this would hit page 4... but i am flattered, touched and honored that you all wish for this to happen.

As for the sched, lets start 10am? para medyo mahaba. This'll be on a Saturday. Being the motor mouth I am and my utmost willingness to share whatever, this'll be a long clinic, albeit, unorthodox, we could be done by the afternoon  :wink:

It doesn't matter what your skill level is, be you a bedroom blaster or someone who is adept. It is my goal to make sure this clinic will be educational without anybody feeling alienated, and to keep it as entertaining as possible.  I feel that it is certainly vital for even a beginner to have an understanding of phrasing, that having the facility to understand its workings can only help you play and listen better. Starting off on the right foot, which I wish I did yeaaaaaars ago... 

I too, am a student, and am sure I will learn in the process of conveying my mess  :-D

As for phrasing and whatnot, I will be discussing (so far, i've drafted down some topics)-

I. Systems, and their importance. (Your musical clockwork)
II. The Motif
III. Motivic Development and Approaches
IV. Form and Structure
V. Tension and Resolution Ideas
VI. Where's my space?!?!
VII. Your zen and whats outside (this is gonna be a strange one!) :wink:
VIII. Open forum

Although these concepts may seem advanced (they are actuaklly a hodgepodge of what i've learnt), I will strive to make them as digestible as possible. Besides, you hear them everyday, if you've got an ear (or two!), you'll get them down fast, as they are very logical. I've split these into subtopics too, looks like i'll be lugging around notes...

I also look forward to getting a band together to play a tune or three, and to help me demonstrate the ideas.

@ deltaslim- yes yes yes. I will touch on harmony, its in the motivic development section  :wink:

I am more than willing to spill the beans on this topic, I'm sure handouts will be available but i encourage you all to take down notes as it'll be extensive. bring your guitars too, as nothing sucks more than watching a guitarist teach and not having anything to twiddle with (parang security blanket!)

see you guys there!  :-)
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline chito_eoi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2007, 09:45:29 PM »
Hey folks!

Damn, i didnt expect that this would hit page 4... but i am flattered, touched and honored that you all wish for this to happen.

hayun, the master has spoken!!
gusto mo touch kita?

Offline chito_eoi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2007, 09:51:36 PM »
pero seriously speaking sir... your one of the guitarist that i admire and envy!, yung finger size palang natin pag kino-compare ko parang gusto ko na sisihin yung parents ko why they didnt came up with a chito with a bit longer fingers para mas mahaba sana yung reach ko sa guitar frettboards.

... all the tips that you share to me and also to some of the gusy there who visit your place really works., hoping to hear, see, learn more of your secrets dyan sa clinic.. ( teka... clinic pala baka pwede ko makisingit., i know CPR!)

more power to you amigo!!!

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2007, 10:01:29 PM »
pero seriously speaking sir... your one of the guitarist that i admire and envy!, yung finger size palang natin pag kino-compare ko parang gusto ko na sisihin yung parents ko why they didnt came up with a chito with a bit longer fingers para mas mahaba sana yung reach ko sa guitar frettboards.

... all the tips that you share to me and also to some of the gusy there who visit your place really works., hoping to hear, see, learn more of your secrets dyan sa clinic.. ( teka... clinic pala baka pwede ko makisingit., i know CPR!)

more power to you amigo!!!

hey!

heheheh... keep your hands and fingers to yourself! hahahaha :mrgreen: thanks heaps for the compliments  :-)

secrets? i dont have a monopoly on them, but i'll share if you all find them fascinating  :-)

thanx dude!

Ron Kirn

Offline fusionenigma

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2007, 10:24:16 PM »
Hello. :-) Is there going to ba a jam session? Anyone can participate? Thank you sir. 
"One thing I like about jazz is that it emphasized doing things differently from what other people were doing." Herbie Hancock

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2007, 10:42:40 PM »
Hello. :-) Is there going to ba a jam session? Anyone can participate? Thank you sir. 

jam session... hmmm... if time permits, that would be good. i was thinking about the idea, and the possibility of the attendants being rabid.

let's do it like tal farlow and jeff beck does.. lets play it by ear  :wink:

Ron Kirn

Offline in_the_tent

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2007, 11:31:39 PM »
1. chito_eoi (mag papacute at iinom)
2. badongrodrigs (hoping na matuto from da master)
3. deltaslim
4. ponky26
5. pansit_habhab
6. Itchybrain
7. Katzenjammer
8. Ian
9. Pizarro84 <<
10. Abstract
11.Mrbrownstone
12.mikep
13.son of mikep
14. changedmynametojimi
15. lowie82ph
16. blancer
17. in_the_tent
"The Lord is my Song.."

Offline pizarro84

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2007, 01:52:03 AM »
Ayun may lesson plan na  :-) malamang lamang magdala ako ng nokbuk (ok lang po ba?), baka hindi maabsorb ng utak ko ng isang bagsakan yun, karamihan ng nasa lesson plan ni sir sushi bago sa pandinig ko  :-D

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2007, 01:59:00 AM »
Darn, to be away from Manila when something like this comes up.  Since a couple of Kodakers will be Kodak-ing the event, mayroon bang mag-vivideo or even just getting a good sound recording of the discussions?  I'd be more than willing to pay for it.

Offline rutsrakregey

« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2007, 03:20:44 AM »
wow.. buti may ganito.. mga sir pwede ba magsign up ang hindi forumite? thanks :mrgreen:
"If you quarrel everyday, you are saying prayers to the devil I say" - Robert Nesta Marley

Offline moHaWk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2007, 04:34:46 AM »
wow.. buti may ganito.. mga sir pwede ba magsign up ang hindi forumite? thanks :mrgreen:

no problem sir... pede po non forumers

Darn, to be away from Manila when something like this comes up.  Since a couple of Kodakers will be Kodak-ing the event, mayroon bang mag-vivideo or even just getting a good sound recording of the discussions?  I'd be more than willing to pay for it.

kung maganda kalalabasan ng video baka i dvd format po natin yung clinic

:)
wag mo problemahin ang problema, hayaan mong problema mamroblema sayo!!!!!

Pag ang lason ba na-expire lason parin?

Offline rutsrakregey

« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2007, 04:47:44 AM »
no problem sir... pede po non forumers

sure sounds good to me.. salamt ser  :mrgreen:
"If you quarrel everyday, you are saying prayers to the devil I say" - Robert Nesta Marley

Offline fusionenigma

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2007, 07:42:34 AM »
jam session... hmmm... if time permits, that would be good. i was thinking about the idea, and the possibility of the attendants being rabid.

let's do it like tal farlow and jeff beck does.. lets play it by ear  :wink:

that'd be great. i cannot say with 100% certainty that i will be able to come but i'm really looking forward to jam with you sir.  :-)
"One thing I like about jazz is that it emphasized doing things differently from what other people were doing." Herbie Hancock

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2007, 08:42:17 AM »
i suggest wala nang jamming. i suggest anton use what extra/available time there is to keep teaching, "show n tell" style.   if anton has a backing band w/ him, he can go and play full songs to demo all the stuff he is teaching.

IMHO lang po: honest-to-goodness clinic ito, one that i've looked forward to and begged anton for ages to do, so i'd like to take away as much as i can.  i hope hindi ma-dilute ang learning objective dahil gusto rin ng iba ng iba mag EB or jamming...

having said that: pwede ba magdala ng sariling guitar and battery amp?

Offline mrbrownstone

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2007, 12:29:08 PM »
Hey folks!

As for the sched, lets start 10am? para medyo mahaba. This'll be on a Saturday. Being the motor mouth I am and my utmost willingness to share whatever, this'll be a long clinic, albeit, unorthodox, we could be done by the afternoon  :wink:

It doesn't matter what your skill level is, be you a bedroom blaster or someone who is adept. It is my goal to make sure this clinic will be educational without anybody feeling alienated, and to keep it as entertaining as possible.  I feel that it is certainly vital for even a beginner to have an understanding of phrasing, that having the facility to understand its workings can only help you play and listen better. Starting off on the right foot, which I wish I did yeaaaaaars ago... 

I too, am a student, and am sure I will learn in the process of conveying my mess  :-D

As for phrasing and whatnot, I will be discussing (so far, i've drafted down some topics)-

I. Systems, and their importance. (Your musical clockwork)
II. The Motif
III. Motivic Development and Approaches
IV. Form and Structure
V. Tension and Resolution Ideas
VI. Where's my space?!?!
VII. Your zen and whats outside (this is gonna be a strange one!) :wink:
VIII. Open forum

Although these concepts may seem advanced (they are actuaklly a hodgepodge of what i've learnt), I will strive to make them as digestible as possible. Besides, you hear them everyday, if you've got an ear (or two!), you'll get them down fast, as they are very logical. I've split these into subtopics too, looks like i'll be lugging around notes...

I also look forward to getting a band together to play a tune or three, and to help me demonstrate the ideas.

@ deltaslim- yes yes yes. I will touch on harmony, its in the motivic development section  :wink:

I am more than willing to spill the beans on this topic, I'm sure handouts will be available but i encourage you all to take down notes as it'll be extensive. bring your guitars too, as nothing sucks more than watching a guitarist teach and not having anything to twiddle with (parang security blanket!)

see you guys there!  :-)

this is so sweet of you sir anton!

i agree with sir joric, i wanted to absorbed whatever it is that anton has to offer :-D

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2007, 12:55:31 PM »
Webcast!!!   :-D

Seriously, pa-video naman o.

Offline tuyuta

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2007, 12:56:40 PM »
3. deltaslim
4. ponky26
5. pansit_habhab
6. Itchybrain
7. Katzenjammer
8. Ian
9. Pizarro84 <<
10. Abstract
11.Mrbrownstone
12.mikep
13.son of mikep
14. changedmynametojimi
15. lowie82ph
16. blancer
17. in_the_tent
18. tuyuta (will bring videocam)

Offline pizarro84

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2007, 12:58:42 PM »

having said that: pwede ba magdala ng sariling guitar and battery amp?

Waaah kakabenta ko lang ng AmPlug AC30 ko..  :-( dito pala pwede magamit yun..

itchybrain

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2007, 01:45:46 PM »

Hmmmm.. Dibidee pormat... Mahusay. I have video cameras and an editing machine at home. Volunteers to be my cameraman. I'll be bringing an assitant to take shots. Sagot ko na video!  :-D

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2007, 01:56:32 PM »
Hmmmm.. Dibidee pormat... Mahusay. I have video cameras and an editing machine at home. Volunteers to be my cameraman. I'll be bringing an assitant to take shots. Sagot ko na video!  :-D

Bro paturo rin ako sayo ng techniques mo and stuff ha mag Photograpo rin ako...  :-D

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline sigjoys

• Veteran Member
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2007, 01:57:40 PM »
pwede bang iba ang umattend on my behalf? kapatid ko kasi yung gusto umattend. he's the student, andun din ako pero sit-in at makikinig at makikinood lang po.

i suggest wala nang jamming. i suggest anton use what extra/available time there is to keep teaching, "show n tell" style.   if anton has a backing band w/ him, he can go and play full songs to demo all the stuff he is teaching.

IMHO lang po: honest-to-goodness clinic ito, one that i've looked forward to and begged anton for ages to do, so i'd like to take away as much as i can.  i hope hindi ma-dilute ang learning objective dahil gusto rin ng iba ng iba mag EB or jamming...

oo nga baka pwedeng ganito yung format. making most of the time as a learning experience for everyone more than jamming.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 02:01:34 PM by sigjoys »
Not unto us, but to YOUR name give all honour.
Ps 115.:1

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: December 20, 2007, 03:38:17 PM »

18. tuyuta (will bring videocam)

no camcorders allowed... sorry

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2007, 03:40:01 PM »

pm me bro your contact details

Offline spyroghyro

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2007, 03:52:57 PM »
3. deltaslim
4. ponky26
5. pansit_habhab
6. Itchybrain
7. Katzenjammer
8. Ian
9. Pizarro84 <<
10. Abstract
11.Mrbrownstone
12.mikep
13.son of mikep
14. changedmynametojimi