hulika

Author Topic: that thing which you can draw on...  (Read 2652 times)

Offline i_banez

that thing which you can draw on...
« on: January 20, 2008, 08:56:25 PM »
ano po yung tawag sa thing na ginagamit ng mga graphic artist, yung parang pad na sinusulatan, tapos yung dinodrawing nila dun eh nadidisplay sa monitor... kinda like paint but you do it with a pen... alam ko hindi tablet yun kasi yung tablet, yung monitor talaga yung dinodrowingan mo... mahal ba yung mga ganun? tnx...

Offline kuyaneo

• Forum Fanatic
Re: that thing which you can draw on...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 09:09:59 PM »
wacom graphire series, wacom bamboo. yung mga ganon. mayron din yung sa genius pero pangit review. yung graphire ko(3x4 in.) nasa 4700 ata bili ko nung akin. yung bamboo nasa 5600 ata.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 11:53:26 PM »
^pangit pala yung sa Genius? yun kasi balak kong bilhin e...yan bang 3x4 inches na graphire mo yung pinakamaliit? ang mahal pala!
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline kuyaneo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 11:55:46 PM »
yup. pangit review nung genius sa tipidpc, something to do with its pen. yung akin yung pinakamalitt.4x5 ata or 3x4 haha cant remember. mas ok yung bamboo, may kasamang wireless mouse

Offline oliver_soh

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 10:07:48 PM »
A Graphic Tablet..
"It's better to be consistent drummer and slower than to be fast and sloppy"

Derek Roddy. . .

Offline kaloyster

• GOLD MEMBER
  • Board Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 12:54:26 AM »
I own a Wacom Graphire4 4x5 which I got for 5k something.
"Bulakenyo"? Then join Bulacan Music Facebook Group!

Offline powerchord41

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 02:05:52 AM »
if you're serious about your graphics work i suggest buy a wacom intous 3... IT'S WORTH IT...  :-)

a few pointers lang... don't try the tablet sa store kasi you might not appreciate it agad in a few minutes of trying... it takes a day or 2 to appreciate the beauty of these tablets... nakakapanibago siya sa simula...

don't buy the genius tablet... i used one and it sucked big time... may battery yung pen ang bigat controllin and it feels like plastic when you draw on the pad... unlike sa wacom parang pen and paper ang talagang gamit mo...

the graphire series ng wacom is phased out na pinalitan na siya ng wacom bamboo... but you can still buy graphire at stores here...

the difference with the wacom intous 3 and bamboo or graphire is the tilt mode and pressure sensitivity... higher yung pressure sensitivity ng intous3 and it has the 'tilt mode' that they call... while sa bamboo and graphire mas mababa ang pressure sensitivity...

if you're serious about your graphics work get the intous3... if you just want to try it out and on a tight budget get a wacom bamboo fun... the graphire is maganda din but remember phased out na siya ng wacom...so the stuff that you might be getting here are old stocks na...

the intous 3 costs around 12k pataas (get the 6x8 if you can afford it 16k)... the bamboo costs around 5k-7k (get the medium one)... the graphire mas mura siya kasi old model na...

yung monitor na sinusulatan is called wacom cintiq and it's also in the category of tablets... mga 130,000+++ pesos yun... may mga laptop na tawag is tablet din kasi you can write on the monitor meron hp pavilion na laptop tablet and meron din yung fujitsu...

hope this helps...  :-)
ayos!

Offline MikEh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 08:28:56 AM »
may nag demo nung monitor sa school namin dati... WOW!!! kung may pera lang, yun na!

Offline powerchord41

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 10:13:06 AM »
may nag demo nung monitor sa school namin dati... WOW!!! kung may pera lang, yun na!

grabe ang tagal tagal ko nang inaasam asam yung wacom cintiq! grabe lang talaga yung presyo niya... pero ang bangis talaga!
ayos!

Offline kaloyster

• GOLD MEMBER
  • Board Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 10:52:34 AM »
Definitely worth every penny.

Offline kaffee

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 11:34:36 PM »
ano po yung tawag sa thing na ginagamit ng mga graphic artist, yung parang pad na sinusulatan, tapos yung dinodrawing nila dun eh nadidisplay sa monitor... kinda like paint but you do it with a pen... alam ko hindi tablet yun kasi yung tablet, yung monitor talaga yung dinodrowingan mo... mahal ba yung mga ganun? tnx...
As oliver_soh said, the input device can be called any of these: digitizing tablet, graphics pad, or drawing tablet. All of which were mentioned in your post. The set consists of a pen, stylus or pointer (in place of the mouse) AND a tablet.

Your brand preference will depend on what you intend to use it for. I've seen others use a Genius for simpler tasks or home use. One pre-school has Genius for their students' computer class programs.

I personally have been using Wacom because of work-related requirements (e.g. graphics and illustrations). Currently on my third model (an old Graphite 4x5 Gray for the past 3.5 years. see pic below), Wacoms are robust and have very minor hardware and software compatibility issues, have higher pixel sensitivities and great support.

The newer models are pricey because they are natural successors to the old ones (which were already great gadgets to begin with) and are the result of improved technology. Word of advise: keep the pen away from magnets. That's how the two others were damaged.

I second kaloyster: worth saving up for if you're into graphics.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 11:45:19 PM by kaffee »

Offline kaloyster

• GOLD MEMBER
  • Board Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 12:07:49 AM »
keep the pen away from magnets.

Hmm... 'di ako aware dito ah. Thanks for that!

Offline kaffee

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2008, 12:43:40 AM »
@kaloyster, you're welcome. This is always overlooked, although I have yet to come across others who may have experienced the same.

The culprits, in my case:
a. PC tech (when still in Windows) put the pen in the magnetic paper holder so that he could attach his mouse instead while troubleshooting (the tablet is the lower-right one). The pen holder of that model is shallow and the pen was rolling off my desk. After that, the cursor pointer wasn't sync'ing with my pen movements anymore until it just totally froze in one area and then just stopped responding altogether.

b. A staff's child played with our studio ref magnet and placed it near the pen of second Wacom (middle, 6x9 model)  during a Christmas party. It wasn't until after the holidays when I went back to work did I discover it.

Kind of traumatic, if you ask me. The pens have the most electronic parts in it, like cellphones. If not for these identical incidents, I believe I could still confidently pass these on to others knowing that only the lack of driver support will make one need a replacement.

Offline maplesyrup

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 02:36:15 PM »
meron ako nung genius! ang sarap ibato eh! ehehehehe!
ehemmm..... sikretong malufit.. sabog ang lapay mo girl! - wag kana! pweh!