hulika

Author Topic: Circa Survive  (Read 2227 times)

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
Circa Survive
« on: February 20, 2008, 04:35:19 PM »
Hi guys. May nakakakilala pa ba sakin dito? Medyo matagal din akong nawala eh.XD

Anyways, any of you guys know about the band Circa Survive? I've been listening to these guys ever since they released their debut album. Being a loyal follower of Anthony Green, I tried listening to his new band. What do you guys think of them?

Offline popoyavenue

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Circa Survive
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 08:16:24 PM »
uhm.. i think they're awesome.. and my cousin's dating the bassist  :-D seriously... i think she toured with them before...

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 05:14:22 PM »
Woah. Astig. Anyways. I like how they found their sound with their second album. With the first kasi, halatang halata na they're still looking for their sound.

Offline popoyavenue

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 07:57:01 PM »
yeah, i can see your point, and it's cool how they still preserved their "bite" from the first album.

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 02:28:48 PM »
isn't the vocals for Circa Survive the original vocalist from Saosin? the one before, uh, Cody?

Offline popoyavenue

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 03:11:46 PM »
yeah, but his name's Anthony Green... Saosin's vocalist right now's Cove Reber..   :-D

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 03:21:52 PM »
ayooon Cove pala. i like the latter vocalist, i find the former's to be a bit whiny.

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008, 05:01:23 PM »
He just has a naturally high voice. With Cove kasi, when covering Anthony's songs, medyo hirap sya abutin. But with their new songs, okay naman, pero parang medyo naging mas simple yung instruments. Nawala na kasi yung malupet na rolls ni Alex Rodriguez(drummer)

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 01:44:25 AM »
Hi guys. May nakakakilala pa ba sakin dito? Medyo matagal din akong nawala eh.XD

Anyways, any of you guys know about the band Circa Survive? I've been listening to these guys ever since they released their debut album. Being a loyal follower of Anthony Green, I tried listening to his new band. What do you guys think of them?

yes - seen them live. anthony green is, well, anthony green and he is in a class by himself with his onstage presence. i've seen Saosin with and without anthony green. Although Cove can reach the notes on record, he is not as consistent live because he is basically emulating the Anthony Green-Saosin era sound which is not in his natural singing voice range. The only person I've seen live that has even come close to Green sing live is Phil from Story of the Year and I saw them live as well while they toured during the 04-05(?) Warped tour. I thought they replaced Anthony with Phil back then but since Phil still played with SOTY, i figured he was just helping the band out. Talking with Phil and the rest of the Saosin guys after the show during a meet and greet confirmed it.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline higad

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 12:35:39 PM »
hindi ko alam yung circa survive pero kilala kita :) welcome back! :-D
Pare1: Pare, bat naman hanggang ngayon wala ka pang syota? wala ka pa<br />bang napupusuan?<br />Pare2: Meron.. Manhid ka lang!<br /><br />heegad.multiply.com

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 01:39:46 PM »
Ayun, may nakakatanda pa sakin. Hehe. Salamat.