hulika

Author Topic: metal clash w/ emo  (Read 14663 times)

Offline rennaov

metal clash w/ emo
« on: March 13, 2008, 09:22:17 PM »
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=92836

hehehe. tsk. they shouldnt have done that.  that aint cool. that aint metal. it'll only worsen the public's perception of metal, but oh well metal was never for the general public anyway.  but then again those emo kids dont deserve the beating.  that was immature.  poor emo kids.  but still the metal in me cant help but chuckle.   :evil:
I see traces, fragments of God shared in the form of human talent...

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
Re: metal clash w/ emo
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 09:41:47 PM »
grabe to. OA na.  :-o
Ows? Di nga?

Offline jackyboy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 10:47:37 PM »
i love metal but i'd never do anything like that. that is just too much. tsk tsk. :-(
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 11:32:17 PM by jackyboy »

Offline Eivar

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 11:20:33 PM »
grabe ah! im a metal lover... and im not an emo lover... but i dont hate emo... in the rock scene... respect is a law... just respect other musicians...
makunteto ka sa abot kaya mo, 20% sa gamit, 80% sa gumagamit
strange looking guitar collection  http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,80255.0.html

Offline Les Paul

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 11:29:17 PM »
damn. haha. 22 of them (arrested ones) were minors.  :-D
*fender squire fat stratocaster *marshall valvestate 8040 *zoom g2 *boston hm-100 *behringer eq700 *boston fl-100 *boston ch-100 *zoom 505 *customized PSU *customized pedalboard *boss ds-1 *picks, slide, blah blah blah...

Offline chromeknive

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 11:36:04 PM »
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=92836

hehehe. tsk. they shouldnt have done that.  that aint cool. that aint metal. it'll only worsen the public's perception of metal, but oh well metal was never for the general public anyway.  but then again those emo kids dont deserve the beating.  that was immature.  poor emo kids.  but still the metal in me cant help but chuckle.   :evil:

"the metal" in you "cant help but chuckle"?   IMHO you shouldn't be chuckling at all.
racism, bigotry, or whatever the heck applies to this case isn't a laughing matter whatsoever.

I think this applies : WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH GUITAR?

Peace, man. Di ako emo.  :lol:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 11:42:20 PM by chromeknive »

Offline Eivar

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 11:45:23 PM »
"the metal" in you "cant help but chuckle"?   IMHO you shouldn't be chuckling at all.
racism, bigotry, or whatever the heck applies to this case isn't a laughing matter whatsoever.

in history... when you say metal rock music... first thing will come into your mind is... lead! so its about guitar na din... hehehe! peace din!
makunteto ka sa abot kaya mo, 20% sa gamit, 80% sa gumagamit
strange looking guitar collection  http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,80255.0.html

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 12:03:17 AM »
COMMENT |
posted by : Mr Maiden
3/13/2008 12:49:29 AM   

Poor emos, hope their hair didn't get messed up to much.

---- Uh. Have you guys seen the emo song? :| It's really funny.

Langxst

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 12:20:30 AM »
true metalheads won't gonna wastes time on that
stupid things. i guess they were not true metalheads.

Offline rennaov

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 12:29:55 AM »

yeah, you're right.   :-)
I see traces, fragments of God shared in the form of human talent...

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 12:30:25 AM »
in history... when you say metal rock music... first thing will come into your mind is... lead! so its about guitar na din... hehehe! peace din!

I don't think so.

Moving this thread to the Pinoy Rock forum.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline pizarro84

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 12:37:15 AM »
Mga poser and groupies yang mga nag amok na yan.

Offline IncX

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 12:56:33 AM »

heavy metal "skate punk" kids?

and they call themselves metal? ...

Offline hoenard

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 06:03:31 AM »
let's go metal!!! ruffffff!!!
"There is a gold sheep and a silver sheep but the most important is friendSHEEP" - unanimous

Offline alvin_11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 11:01:49 AM »
heavy metal "skate punk" kids?

and they call themselves metal? ...

hindi sir,

According to La Crónica de Hoy, several hundred Mexican heavy metal, "skate punk" and alternative rock fans joined forces last Friday (March 7)

heavy metal and alternative rock fans joined forces, ahahay hirap iexplain.. :lol:

gets nyo po?  :-D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 11:03:37 AM by alvin_11 »
alvin.

Offline IncX

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 12:26:24 PM »
hindi sir,

According to La Crónica de Hoy, several hundred Mexican heavy metal, "skate punk" and alternative rock fans joined forces last Friday (March 7)

heavy metal and alternative rock fans joined forces, ahahay hirap iexplain.. :lol:

gets nyo po?  :-D

'heavy metal' kids joining forces with 'skate punks' and -jesus help me - 'alternative rock' kids?

thats worse!

-*-

and what's so hard to explain? you could have said 'you forgot to put the comma in between' ...

Offline alvin_11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 01:49:22 PM »
yun na yun eh. nakalimutan ko lang kung paano ko ieexplain, pasensya na brod ha, tao lang.
alvin.

Offline skydog

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 03:07:24 PM »
Grabe na nga...sobra na ang discrimination laban sa isang "lifestyle". Wala namang ginagawa ang pobreng mga bata,tsk tsk tsk...And according to the article, may internet campaign pa to launch attacks against the "emos" kasi they're portrayed as homosexuals? What's wrong with the world? I thought music can "soothe the savage beast (or breast,whichever you prefer)"? I mean I can listen to metal,even if it's aggressive and "in your face" (though it's not really my cup of taho), but I dont think it has to come out of my pores (the aggression). HIndi ko kailangang mambugbog ng mga taong hindi ko kapareho ng musika at pamumuhay. And I think a real metal musician (or any musician for that matter) doesn't have to resort to real violence just to get his point across.  Our hands, are for producing music, not for beating people senseless.

Haaay, kasama siguro talaga yun sa package.Yung magsuffer para sa art. Parang metalheads at "punks" (oi) nung araw.Gaya dati, the Sex Pistols visited America and were jeered and verbally abused  by the rednecks in Texas.Hindi na nagbago ang mundo...
"Just rock on, and have you a good time."- Duane Allman

Offline grendil8

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 03:40:12 PM »
Grabe na nga...sobra na ang discrimination laban sa isang "lifestyle". Wala namang ginagawa ang pobreng mga bata,tsk tsk tsk...And according to the article, may internet campaign pa to launch attacks against the "emos" kasi they're portrayed as homosexuals? What's wrong with the world? I thought music can "soothe the savage beast (or breast,whichever you prefer)"? I mean I can listen to metal,even if it's aggressive and "in your face" (though it's not really my cup of taho), but I dont think it has to come out of my pores (the aggression). HIndi ko kailangang mambugbog ng mga taong hindi ko kapareho ng musika at pamumuhay. And I think a real metal musician (or any musician for that matter) doesn't have to resort to real violence just to get his point across.  Our hands, are for producing music, not for beating people senseless.

Haaay, kasama siguro talaga yun sa package.Yung magsuffer para sa art. Parang metalheads at "punks" (oi) nung araw.Gaya dati, the Sex Pistols visited America and were jeered and verbally abused  by the rednecks in Texas.Hindi na nagbago ang mundo...

youre right.

ako metalhead ako pero nak ng tokwa naman yun ng dahil lang dun muntik ng magpatayan. nakita ko sa vid yung isang emo ginulpi umiiyak na nga di pa tumigil. kakaawa naman. dapat naman kasi respeto lang. eh ano naman kung emo yun at ikaw metal head papatayin mo ba yung emo na yun kahit la naman masama ginagawa, papatayin mo kasi emo. nak ng...

Offline maangaskaba?

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 04:53:51 PM »
Heavy Metal Superiority Complex is a concept of nonsense. haha. Sketer Punks daw. Equivalent siguro yan ng mga Kurimao Boloks Skater Dudes na nagpipilit na metal sila. Tapos yung mga emo equivalent siguro yan ng mga boloks na naka eyeliner at sagad sa liit ang mga damit na itim at emo hairstyle eh kulay kalsada naman yung mga balat. haha. ang difference lang siguro ng mga mexicano eh mas pangit sila.. o kaya naman mas pangit yung atin.. haha
--=-World Peace-=--

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 10:26:37 PM »
meh. they're kids. when they get older, they'll just be embarrassed about it all. real music fans (rockers, metalheads, etc.) aren't as overt and weird.

Offline dark_minister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2008, 10:46:46 AM »
meh. they're kids. when they get older, they'll just be embarrassed about it all. real music fans (rockers, metalheads, etc.) aren't as overt and weird.

+1,000!

if one is really a fan of music, such hostile actions regarding differences in music preferences doesnt make you really a fan... an idi*t would be the best word to label them... i myself am a big fan of metal music, but i dont close my ears to other genres of music... i may listen to "emo" bands, but listening to it is different from liking it... i may listen to emo but not like it as much as i like metal... get my point? but never did it pass my mind to pull an emo fan and bash them in the face just because they like emo more than metal... that just aint right... may it be pop, rock, metal, emo... all fall under one big general category which we all call music... we all have our own preferences, let it be... to each his own....
Chatting Bird by Caparison Musical Project (SSH config strat), LTD EC-401, Max Rufo Custom 7 String, Line 6 Spider IV 150, Planet Waves Cables

References: rschua, coffee, cleuxss08, BossingBoss, vindalena

Offline jiu-jitsu brasileiro

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2008, 07:44:29 PM »
Heavy Metal Superiority Complex is a concept of nonsense. haha. Sketer Punks daw. Equivalent siguro yan ng mga Kurimao Boloks Skater Dudes na nagpipilit na metal sila. Tapos yung mga emo equivalent siguro yan ng mga boloks na naka eyeliner at sagad sa liit ang mga damit na itim at emo hairstyle eh kulay kalsada naman yung mga balat. haha. ang difference lang siguro ng mga mexicano eh mas pangit sila.. o kaya naman mas pangit yung atin.. haha

bro, medyo rascist yata yung banat mo? hinay-hinay lang. :-(
nemo me impune lacesit

Offline Mustspit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2008, 08:46:57 PM »
maganda siguro makapanud ng rumble between emokids and hardcores :lol:
It's been 2 hours and 6 days, since you made my world a cold place, with nothing to see, and nothing to hear, i walk alone with a hope inside me, and this world refused to guide me, with nothing to feel and this wounds won't heal...

Offline IncX

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2008, 09:32:37 PM »
maganda siguro makapanud ng rumble between emokids and hardcores :lol:

hindi bro... mas maganda makita ang rematch ni Fedor at Crocop...

boring manood ng mga bara bara na suntukan.