hulika

Author Topic: Help me start out with acoustic guitar  (Read 768 times)

Offline ytreasg

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Help me start out with acoustic guitar
« on: April 01, 2008, 12:57:05 AM »
My regards to the community. I already have a taste of music as I played Saxophone for 6 years and sang in choir for 5. I want to have my fingers going on an acoustic guitar. I already own 2. . I was wondering if anyone could tell me a good way to start out. What should I be doing, etc... That kind of stuff. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Offline misternumbertwo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Help me start out with acoustic guitar
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 06:38:29 AM »
the best way to start is to find a song you really like and just try to play that song. the only thing that's hard at first is the transition of your fingers from song to song. once you are able to play one song completely you'll be able to get the hang of it then you can start playing other songs. on the strumming part, try to sing the song to get the beat and the right strumming.

other guitar skills will come naturally in progression as you play like plucking, doing riffs and other stuffs like that. well, that's the free way of learning to play the guitar.

but if you have lots of bucks to spare, there's always yamaha.  :mrgreen:
sige lang. hintay lang kita. dun lang ako sa likod ng mikropono at gitara.

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 08:34:29 AM »
I remember those days when my father bought me my first acoustic.
and my teacher on 5th grade who is a good guitar player also
taught me my first riff, "foxy lady" hahaha.. good days.. and hard days..
though I didnt learn the leads and stuff.. its was pure fun...

Offline jpdeleon20

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 09:34:03 AM »
try listening to john mayer songs... he has a good feel on acoustic guitar... room for squares album

Offline doremi

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 10:21:01 AM »
ako nagsuimula ko sa song hits :-D hehehe

....tas una tingin tingin ka muna ng tabs.... ....tas ayan pag medyo nasanay sanay ka na sa mga notes, dun ka na mag aral kumapa ;)

Offline ytrasda

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 10:15:09 PM »
If you want to learn acoustic guitar I think that the best going would be to get an online source.

This is our new fast-track beginner course without notes. In 30 daily lessons you’ll learn the most important chords to accompany various styles. You’ll learn the different styles such as easy ballad, folkpop ballad, groove pop, pop ballad, and more, by playing together with the band. Direct downloadable to your pc.