hulika

Author Topic: Intolerant  (Read 20167 times)

Offline maangaskaba?

Intolerant
« on: April 01, 2008, 08:57:28 PM »
sa mga nakapunta dun sa Shadows Fall gig, meron ba dito nakakuha ng pinamigay ng Intolerant na cd? maganda ba?
--=-World Peace-=--

Offline slaphappy

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Intolerant
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 09:23:13 PM »
si russel ng skychurch guitars nila, diba?

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 06:44:46 AM »
I got hold of the CD last week and gave it a few spins.

They sound a lot like Pantera, and there was a song that sounded like an Alice in Chains. I hear a Five Minutes alone riff here, a few Dime riffs there.

IMHO I think its cause they're an all-star band they get more exposure than other local bands.

This is a forum siggy.

Offline funkyfunk

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 02:05:26 PM »
para saking para silang maria cafra na pinaghalong asin na pinabilis...

opinion ko lang yun.

hehehe!

funkyfunk!  :mrgreen:

Offline studiowan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 02:36:35 PM »
para saking para silang maria cafra na pinaghalong asin na pinabilis...

opinion ko lang yun.

hehehe!

funkyfunk!  :mrgreen:
ha hapanalo maria cafra! classic pinoy rock!!! he he me nakalimutan ka heber bartolome! :-D

Offline funkyfunk

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 02:53:37 PM »

They sound a lot like Pantera, and there was a song that sounded like an Alice in Chains. I hear a Five Minutes alone riff here, a few Dime riffs there.

IMHO I think its cause they're an all-star band they get more exposure than other local bands.

basag ang intolerants band. hehehe!  :-D

Offline funkyfunk

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 02:55:09 PM »
ha hapanalo maria cafra! classic pinoy rock!!! he he me nakalimutan ka heber bartolome! :-D

hahaha! sama mo na the ventures pati rj and the riots. hahaha!  :-D

Offline GodofWar

• Netizen Level
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 10:38:14 PM »

All star band pla tayo mga boyz!!!! hehehe

I tell you this, Intolerant is a just a simple metalband, It all started as a weekend band thing for the four of us mainly becoz we needed an outlet for us to release the stress that we have from work and family, We play what's close to our heart which is metal.  If you happen to associate us with bands like pantera, alice in chains or other metal bands well, i guess that's how you will know what we guys are into and we won't deny the fact that we really love those bands.

About the exposure thing, It just so happen that we get lots of invitations in events.  We dont even have any formal management team that would really handle our band.  The secret is, just establish a goodworking relationship with your fellow musicians and peers.  Once you have that thing going, lookin for gigs will not be an issue anymore.  Make it a point that you get along with other people and those people wouldn't hesitate to invite you anytime.  We enjoy playing with who ever we play with in every gig.  We make lots of friends.  We drink and eat the night-out after we play and we all have fun in every gig that we do!

It's all about music and having fun! 
We hope you guys have fun too!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 10:39:35 PM by GodofWar »

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 02:18:54 AM »
About the exposure thing, It just so happen that we get lots of invitations in events.  We dont even have any formal management team that would really handle our band.  The secret is, just establish a goodworking relationship with your fellow musicians and peers.  Once you have that thing going, lookin for gigs will not be an issue anymore.  Make it a point that you get along with other people and those people wouldn't hesitate to invite you anytime.  We enjoy playing with who ever we play with in every gig.  We make lots of friends.  We drink and eat the night-out after we play and we all have fun in every gig that we do!

Tumpak. +1000.

Offline GodofWar

• Netizen Level
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 02:22:59 AM »

Offline funkyfunk

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 07:58:14 AM »

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 08:22:19 AM »
I just re-read what I posted it sounded not too good pala, I mean it wasnt really meant to sound that way.

Correctly worded siguro it should have said I hear a Pantera influence in the music, syempre sometimes we cant exactly put our thoughts into written words and get the exact thought across... its kind of hard to fumble for words when voicing out an opinion.

yep as always we get the kick out of playing and having fun.

of course all star kayo! hehehehe for most metalheads like us we look up to the likes of Sky Church and Loss of Control.

cheers and more power to the band ser!

« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 08:30:32 AM by digitalcyco »
This is a forum siggy.

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 08:38:57 AM »
slightly OT lang.

siguro down here south we feel that way because we have a hard time finding gigs, not too many productions allow bands like us play, and we have tried to get ourselves gigs there in Manila but to no avail.... we are turned away because hindi kami kilala even if we offer to shoulder our own airfare and accomodation with no talent fee.

its a frustrating struggle, especially for my band, we have our own little aspirations din to be heard but its our severe lack of "pushing power" to get our music out or land ourselves a great break. its a great heartbreak watching those lame bands on Myx getting all the attention.

again cheers and horns up man!

This is a forum siggy.

Offline funkyfunk

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 08:57:40 AM »
slightly OT lang.

siguro down here south we feel that way because we have a hard time finding gigs, not too many productions allow bands like us play, and we have tried to get ourselves gigs there in Manila but to no avail.... we are turned away because hindi kami kilala even if we offer to shoulder our own airfare and accomodation with no talent fee.

its a frustrating struggle, especially for my band, we have our own little aspirations din to be heard but its our severe lack of "pushing power" to get our music out or land ourselves a great break. its a great heartbreak watching those lame bands on Myx getting all the attention.

again cheers and horns up man!

it's cool bro. we all have our opinions may it be good or bad. quite frankly we don't pay much attention to critiques as long as we can play our music. salamat na lang kung positive yung critique.

as with the myx thing or other bands getting all the attention, ok lang yun. does it really matter? i think what matters most is playing your stuff and doing your own thing. if you've got the propensity and the passion for it, others will see it.

like what they said in the old kevin costner movie...

"if you build it, they will come..." hehe!

wag lang kayo mawalan ng loob man. alam naman natin na di rin talaga ganun kadali ang pagbabanda.

tugtog lang and keep it sick!

Offline funkyfunk

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 11:59:10 AM »
sa mga nakapunta dun sa Shadows Fall gig, meron ba dito nakakuha ng pinamigay ng Intolerant na cd? maganda ba?

eto pala man, if you wanna give our band a listen. download mo na lang kung trip mo.

profiles.friendster.com/intolerant
myspace.com/intolerantmetal

metallize!!! \m/

Offline studiowan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2008, 01:46:28 PM »
All star band pla tayo mga boyz!!!! hehehe

I tell you this, Intolerant is a just a simple metalband, It all started as a weekend band thing for the four of us mainly becoz we needed an outlet for us to release the stress that we have from work and family, We play what's close to our heart which is metal.  If you happen to associate us with bands like pantera, alice in chains or other metal bands well, i guess that's how you will know what we guys are into and we won't deny the fact that we really love those bands.

mismo +1000 its all about the music...enjoy lang lagi..wag mu pansinin ang naninira sayo bastat alam mo lang tama ang ginagawa mo...teka parang lyrics ng sampaguita yun ah? :lol: he he nosi balasi..

Offline funkyfunk

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2008, 01:53:53 PM »
mismo +1000 its all about the music...enjoy lang lagi..wag mu pansinin ang naninira sayo bastat alam mo lang tama ang ginagawa mo...teka parang lyrics ng sampaguita yun ah? :lol: he he nosi balasi..

kita mo man! classic pinoy rock inspired talaga kami. hehehe!

Offline vinz

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2008, 07:52:01 PM »
eto ang OLD SKOOL na METAL!!! :evil:

brutal!!!

Offline funkyfunk

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2008, 07:55:57 PM »
eto ang OLD SKOOL na METAL!!! :evil:

brutal!!!

uy vinz! salamat man!  :-)

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 08:53:44 AM »
Reminds me of  bodom
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"

Offline shuli

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 11:19:16 PM »
uy vinz! salamat man!  :-)

sir kamuzta?

intolerant rocks. :-D
MoDUS ExPERIMENTUS ako

Offline funkyfunk

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 06:15:22 AM »
sir kamuzta?

intolerant rocks. :-D

yo shuli! kamusta yung taurus man? :)

Offline shuli

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 09:02:31 AM »
ok naman sir.nami2z ka na daw niya. :-D ang lupet niyo talaga daming events.gudlak sa pulp ha.rak en roll and metalized the amoranto. :-D
MoDUS ExPERIMENTUS ako

Offline funkyfunk

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 10:07:05 AM »
sabihin mo pasensya na mahal ko na yung sr at ergo eh. besides, mas sakto sya sa tugtugan nyo. hehe! nuod kayo ng slam kung wala kayong ginagawa. salamat man! goodluck sa banda nyo! :)

Offline shuli

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2008, 11:50:03 AM »
sabihin mo pasensya na mahal ko na yung sr at ergo eh. besides, mas sakto sya sa tugtugan nyo. hehe! nuod kayo ng slam kung wala kayong ginagawa. salamat man! goodluck sa banda nyo! :)

yes sir lagi naman ako nanunuod ng slam at suportahan ko kayo dun.wat time slot nyo?salamat din.more power sa inyo.pa upates naman gig sked niyo.ang ganda ng set nyo sa shadows fall gig nun.great performance.more power. :-D
MoDUS ExPERIMENTUS ako