hulika

Author Topic: John Frusciante THREAD!  (Read 113999 times)

Offline techbp

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: John Frusciante THREAD!
« Reply #175 on: April 01, 2013, 09:57:51 AM »
ayos naka up ulit tong thread na to hehe. I just watched RHCP live sa Slane Castle kanina, galing talaga! Simple ng mga banat niya pero anlakas ng dating! And by the way, tinigin ko, sa lahat ng live concert ng RHCP na napanuod ko,  yung sa Slane Castle ang pinaka malinis na performance nila

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #176 on: April 08, 2013, 01:46:37 PM »
http://www.yourforumisgluedtoasiteonfire.net/topic/3135-my-attempt-to-work-out-johns-signal-chain/

^some guy attempting to decipher john's pedalboard signal chain. A

Anyway, does anybody here know how does he use his 2 amps (Jubilee and Major)? I mean does he connects his pedals only in one amp and then run it through another? Or is it a separate connections?

Para mas malinaw:
a) pedals >> amp 1 >>> amp 2
b) pedals >> splits in two >>amp1
                                         >>amp2

EDIT: Nasa image pala na parang option b ang ginagawa niya pero ganoon nga ba?

a or b? haha curious lang. I just read Hendrix do "option" a.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 01:48:47 PM by jepbueno »

Offline sgt_chibog

« Reply #177 on: April 08, 2013, 03:09:32 PM »
John's new song  :cute: :cute:

IG|Twitter: @aaaagar

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #178 on: April 22, 2013, 04:55:17 PM »
ayos naka up ulit tong thread na to hehe. I just watched RHCP live sa Slane Castle kanina, galing talaga! Simple ng mga banat niya pero anlakas ng dating! And by the way, tinigin ko, sa lahat ng live concert ng RHCP na napanuod ko,  yung sa Slane Castle ang pinaka malinis na performance nila

ako rin, the Slane Castle Concert is my favorite.. specially yung epic backing vocals nya sa "Otherside".

here's a compilation of John's guitars (courtesy of vintageguitars.com):
http://www.vintageguitar.com/3743/john-frusciante/

:drool: :drool:

imma badass!! <funky guitar rift>

Offline boo0523

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #179 on: April 22, 2013, 05:54:03 PM »

watch natin! pampasarap ng araw :D
Kasiyahan

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2013, 06:01:32 PM »

watch natin! pampasarap ng araw :D

whatta tone!  >:D

Offline gnarly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2013, 06:41:30 PM »
meron pala siyang lp custom.nakikita ko lang sa mga lumang video ng rhcp na si hillel ang nagamit.nice share bro.

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2013, 06:46:02 PM »
meron pala siyang lp custom.nakikita ko lang sa mga lumang video ng rhcp na si hillel ang nagamit.nice share bro.

according dun sa article yung ES-335 tsaka 175 eh binili lang ni John kasi yun ang gamit ni Steve Howe..

I’m not sure what years the ES-175 and 335 are from. I don’t play those much; I bought them because Steve Howe played them, but they don’t really go with my style that well. I feel like Strats are an extension of me, and a Jaguar feels like the next closest thing to being an extension of me. Les Pauls and SGs seem like a further stretch. With a 175 or 335, I feel like a totally different person.

-- John Frusciante (http://www.vintageguitar.com/3743/john-frusciante/)

:-D :-D

Offline gnarly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2013, 06:53:24 PM »
jf's name is synonymous to strats. yung guitar na ginamit niya sa studio version ng the otherside is a strat di ba? pero sa live yung alpine white na gretch ba yun ang ginagamit niya madalas. nagkaroon tuloy ako ng idea na habang walang pa akong decent na strat or tele, yung semi hollow ko muna gagamitin ko sa ilang chili peppers stuff na kino-cover ko.

Offline DonRomantico

« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2013, 10:47:00 PM »
bat kaya wala jan yung mga tele nya? mas malimit pa nyang gamitin yun kesa sa jaguar nya sa mga napapanod kong concerts ng rhcp. And i wonder, yung favorite rosewood strat nya, pinarelic nya kaya yan, o sya nagrelic, o natural? imho the best looking reliced strat. very natural ang ichura.

Offline gearthird

« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2013, 11:22:02 PM »
One of the main reason why i picked up the guitar and play the strat. I really admire his works from chili peppers, very simple but never heard before riffs and mostly important, his emotions when playing guitar. No one played like him before. :)
REFERENCE's
bloody_dok, jeprox, juan_portnoy, vitek, spankyrigor, joleng of SKABECHE, guitarpraise, pow, ernisan, mahineman

Offline techbp

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2013, 08:22:15 AM »
One of the main reason why i picked up the guitar and play the strat. I really admire his works from chili peppers, very simple but never heard before riffs and mostly important, his emotions when playing guitar. No one played like him before. :)

THIS!
Sakto, agree ako jan. Every time he plays with RHCP, heart and soul niya nasa gitara

Offline gearthird

« Reply #187 on: April 23, 2013, 08:41:42 AM »
THIS!
Sakto, agree ako jan. Every time he plays with RHCP, heart and soul niya nasa gitara
Yes. and i think e un ang wala sa mga technical players. and i prefer emotions than technical skills when playing :)
REFERENCE's
bloody_dok, jeprox, juan_portnoy, vitek, spankyrigor, joleng of SKABECHE, guitarpraise, pow, ernisan, mahineman

Offline techbp

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #188 on: April 23, 2013, 08:48:06 AM »
Yes. and i think e un ang wala sa mga technical players. and i prefer emotions than technical skills when playing :)

When you play your guitar with emotion, lalabas yun eventually sa ginagawa mo eh... and that's JF...

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #189 on: April 23, 2013, 08:55:51 AM »
bat kaya wala jan yung mga tele nya? mas malimit pa nyang gamitin yun kesa sa jaguar nya sa mga napapanod kong concerts ng rhcp. And i wonder, yung favorite rosewood strat nya, pinarelic nya kaya yan, o sya nagrelic, o natural? imho the best looking reliced strat. very natural ang ichura.

bro that's a 1962 strat. so relic talaga yan. Ayon sa wiki dati (matagal-tagal na), lahat ng guitars niya are made before 1970.

Probably ngayon eh meron ng made after 1970, yung Yamaha SG. Does anyone here know what model is this? Is it a Yamaha SG2000?

Offline Legolas

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #190 on: April 23, 2013, 02:41:39 PM »
I like the last part of the interview.

Very well said. Nice one John!

Is there a guitar you’re still searching for, or something you’ve always wanted?

There is; I’d love to have a ’59 Les Paul. For years, I really wanted one and they just kept shooting up in price. I really feel like there’s a war between people who think artistically and people who think with a business sense. Across the board, I think the world would love for people who think artistically to start thinking with more of a business mind. Just as a matter of principle, you don’t buy a guitar just because it’s a good investment. Then you’re thinking of something you’re supposed to be making music on and being creative with as something that has some sort of monetary value or economical benefits. I just don’t feel that’s a good way to think of an instrument, and it’s the same with so many things. I like paintings, but I don’t want to buy paintings just because I think of them as something I could sell one day. I want to look at them and think of them as something that makes me happy. I’d rather look at the paintings my goddaughter made me than look at something and think, “I can sell that one day.”

I’ve been offered ’59 Les Pauls, and I’d love to play one. But they’re just too expensive to rationalize. I think it’s important, as an artist, to never feel that anything having to do with music is judged by its price. What you can do with it is much more important than how much it costs. If collectors who don’t play guitars didn’t buy them, their value would be based on what players feel they’re worth. But when the people who would really use them don’t get the chance, it’s a real shame.
No Matter How Much You Pay For An Instrument, In The Wrong Hands It Will Always Sound "Cheap."

Offline rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #191 on: April 23, 2013, 02:44:48 PM »

Is there a guitar you’re still searching for, or something you’ve always wanted?

There is; I’d love to have a ’59 Les Paul. For years, I really wanted one and they just kept shooting up in price. I really feel like there’s a war between people who think artistically and people who think with a business sense. Across the board, I think the world would love for people who think artistically to start thinking with more of a business mind. Just as a matter of principle, you don’t buy a guitar just because it’s a good investment. Then you’re thinking of something you’re supposed to be making music on and being creative with as something that has some sort of monetary value or economical benefits. I just don’t feel that’s a good way to think of an instrument, and it’s the same with so many things. I like paintings, but I don’t want to buy paintings just because I think of them as something I could sell one day. I want to look at them and think of them as something that makes me happy. I’d rather look at the paintings my goddaughter made me than look at something and think, “I can sell that one day.”

I’ve been offered ’59 Les Pauls, and I’d love to play one. But they’re just too expensive to rationalize. I think it’s important, as an artist, to never feel that anything having to do with music is judged by its price. What you can do with it is much more important than how much it costs. If collectors who don’t play guitars didn’t buy them, their value would be based on what players feel they’re worth. But when the people who would really use them don’t get the chance, it’s a real shame.

^
maraming sapol dyan heheheh  :-D :-D

overall the article is great.. and John really let himself out and over for the interview..

Offline techbp

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #192 on: April 23, 2013, 02:48:15 PM »

Nice one! Tama naman, kung sa kamay ng collector mapupunta yung gitara, parang ampangit eh, kase ginagawang investment imbes na magamit siya for creating music. Ginawa ang magagandang gitara para sa mga musicians at enthusiasts hindi para sa mga collector at ibebenta din lang someday!!!!!

Offline boo0523

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #193 on: April 23, 2013, 03:13:13 PM »

nabasa ko to last month ata.. iba talaga si frusciante, di lang sa pagtugtog. pati pagiisip. :D
Kasiyahan

Offline techbp

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #194 on: April 23, 2013, 03:25:43 PM »
nabasa ko to last month ata.. iba talaga si frusciante, di lang sa pagtugtog. pati pagiisip. :D

Mismo brad! Pati si Flea ayos din mag isip nun; Napanuod ko yung speech niya about Metallica, awarding ata yun.. ang galing din ng sinabi niya.

Offline boo0523

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #195 on: April 23, 2013, 03:27:39 PM »
Mismo brad! Pati si Flea ayos din mag isip nun; Napanuod ko yung speech niya about Metallica, awarding ata yun.. ang galing din ng sinabi niya.

haha oo nga eh. mas inulit ulit ko pa yung speech nya kesa sa speech/performance ng metallica mismo.. :D haha
Kasiyahan

Offline godwinnv

• Veteran Member
« Reply #196 on: April 23, 2013, 03:29:40 PM »
^tama nga naman.. sana gumawa din sya ng sarili nyang brand ng gitara gaya ni flea. dapat yung affordable. hehe

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Offline techbp

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #197 on: April 23, 2013, 03:30:35 PM »
haha oo nga eh. mas inulit ulit ko pa yung speech nya kesa sa speech/performance ng metallica mismo.. :D haha

:lol:

Offline boo0523

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #198 on: April 23, 2013, 03:32:07 PM »
isang gabi.. kumonekta ang pusod ni frusciante kay flea..

at ito ang nangyari

:D
Kasiyahan

Offline techbp

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #199 on: April 23, 2013, 03:34:58 PM »
isang gabi.. kumonekta ang pusod ni frusciante kay flea..

at ito ang nangyari

:D

Perfect chemistry yang dalawang yan! Sila talaga yung creative side ng music ng RHCP, IMHO

Hmmp actually buong RHCP hahaha! Perfect chemistry ang RHCP
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 03:55:23 PM by techbp »