hulika

Author Topic: MACKIE CONTROL UNIVERSAL PRO observations  (Read 729 times)

Offline BALDO

• Philmusicus Addictus
MACKIE CONTROL UNIVERSAL PRO observations
« on: April 25, 2008, 09:46:30 AM »
i finally got the mackie control universal pro and mackie extender and had spent countless hours making the damn thing work hehehe.. :evil:
here is my observations.
1. you don't need a driver on win XP OS -- great! especially for me, not good with computers
2. you can't use a webcam (  Logitech  webcam - Quick Cam pro 400 in my case).. the usb assignments gets messed up and the controller won't be detected. you have to have a RESTORE POINT if you want to prevent the hassles of reinstalling the USB drivers.
3. if you are using midi sequencer ( M-Audio UNO in my case).. place the sequencer on USB 1 in the midi music playback since i think it can only be in USB 1 and wont work in any other usb channel.
4. add MACKIE UNIVERSAL PRO and MACKIE EXTENDER in the devices
5. in the device setup place the MIDI assignment on the MACKIE to USB (2) and the MACKIE Extender to [2]  ( look closely at the difference) after making sure the midi IN and midi out of the extender is in MIDI 2 in and out of the MACKIE CONTROL ports.. in short MACKIE CONTROL UNIVERSAL MIDI OUT 2 to MACKIE EXTENDER MIDI IN..  and EXTENDER MIDI OUT to MACKIE CONTROL UNIVERSAL IN
6. usually the extender doesn't work right away, just go to DEVICES again and click mackie [2]  then press apply.. everything should work fine after that. 8-)
Music is art in sound...