hulika

Author Topic: EHX User's thread  (Read 36264 times)

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: EHX User's thread
« Reply #150 on: June 23, 2008, 07:06:40 PM »
naks! naghahanap pa naman ako ng chorus ngayon...

i'm gassing for an artec vintage chorus, ok naman reviews pero yung availability ata problem... so option ko na tong small clone! love the reviews!  :-D

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #151 on: June 23, 2008, 07:09:31 PM »
naks! naghahanap pa naman ako ng chorus ngayon...

i'm gassing for an artec vintage chorus, ok naman reviews pero yung availability ata problem... so option ko na tong small clone! love the reviews!  :-D

OT: micsis has artec stuff.. check out philcadence.com...

back to topic.... hehehe.. yes, the small clone definitely does the job... it's certainly a pedal worth keepin...
[

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #152 on: June 23, 2008, 07:44:52 PM »
OT: micsis has artec stuff.. check out philcadence.com...

back to topic.... hehehe.. yes, the small clone definitely does the job... it's certainly a pedal worth keepin...

thanks for the info... but i'm shifting my primary option with the ehx...
mas tiwala ako sa kapwa forumites  :-D
concern na lang sa cost and size  :-D

i'm looking forward for more reviews  :lol:

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #153 on: June 23, 2008, 07:50:07 PM »
thanks for the info... but i'm shifting my primary option with the ehx...
mas tiwala ako sa kapwa forumites  :-D
concern na lang sa cost and size  :-D

i'm looking forward for more reviews  :lol:

no prob! for the most part, the ehx small clone has all the tone you need... the only downsides are the ff: when you stomp on it for the first time, it has this clicking sound which sounds like you're activating the pedal... after that, it's ok na rin... this happens everytime you set up... another is that it doesn't have a level/volume knob unlike the other more common chorus pedals... so it'll purely depend on the volume of your guitar and amp... but overall, it's one heck of a chorus pedal and i won't get anything else... but anyway, that's just me... lol..
[

Offline bongraider

« Reply #154 on: June 23, 2008, 08:17:30 PM »
sino may holy stain? show it around naman and tell us more about it. matagal ko nang gustong kumuha nun ehh

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #155 on: June 23, 2008, 08:17:53 PM »
there's no volume drop so it's ok for me...  :-D
clicking sound? ok lang din,  i need a warm fat chorus sound, kahit walang tone knob i think it wull work for me,  :-D

yung drive pedals ok na ko kaya sa modulation naman.  :-D

Offline demoboi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #156 on: July 04, 2008, 12:57:04 AM »
Finally! My EHX METAL MUFF arrived last saturday na. Sinabak ko agad sa gig. Really really great pedal, malayong malayo sa MT-2s or HM100s. Responds well when you roll of your volume sa guitar. Honeymoon stage pa, so I'll post more later.
EXN PEDALBOARDS AND CASES http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,76364.0.html09173208410 / YM: exnpedalboards / skype: exn_pedalboards / fb: exnpedalboards / multiply: exnpedalboards

Offline alvin_ching5786

« Reply #157 on: July 04, 2008, 02:02:10 AM »
Finally! My EHX METAL MUFF arrived last saturday na. Sinabak ko agad sa gig. Really really great pedal, malayong malayo sa MT-2s or HM100s. Responds well when you roll of your volume sa guitar. Honeymoon stage pa, so I'll post more later.

sir hindi ba maingay metal muff?

Offline patchdpogi

« Reply #158 on: July 04, 2008, 12:33:53 PM »
ok ba ang #1 echo? reviews naman dyan sa mga meron nito... i'm thinking of getting one eh... salamats...  :wink:
KUNG HINDI MO KAYA PANINDIGAN... MANAHIMIK KA NALANG!!! \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Offline guitbox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #159 on: July 04, 2008, 04:14:06 PM »
sir, di pa ehx user pero, how's the big muff matched with a dd3?
ok ba?   :-D
My passion comes from my Jesus...

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #160 on: July 04, 2008, 04:18:01 PM »
just got my #1 echo earlier... will be posting a review on Monday when I get back to work...  :-D
[

Offline abstract

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #161 on: July 04, 2008, 04:23:58 PM »
just got my #1 echo earlier... will be posting a review on Monday when I get back to work...  :-D

yari na may bago nanaman  :-) pasubok pre  :-D

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2008, 04:26:15 PM »
yari na may bago nanaman  :-) pasubok pre  :-D

ayus.. lol.. tagal na inorder nito.. today ko lang nakuha... lol... inabot ng more than one month ata... lol... punta ka sa house bro... text kita kung pwede sa monday morning...  :-D
[

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #163 on: July 07, 2008, 12:58:21 PM »
was able to try out the #1 echo during the weekend... and as expected, it worked like how a DELAY pedal should... it has 3 knobs... blend, delay, feedback... very easy to tweak...

the blend knob basically just makes the delay signal louder or softer... the delay knob dictates the time of your signal... upto a maximum of 2 seconds... really cool when you get creative with riffs... the feedback sets the number of echo's you want...

the pedal uses truebypass... i didn't hear any toneloss... the tone from the guitar was transparent... when used with distortion or overdrives, there were no issues encountered as what other reviews we have read stated... i believe it's just a matter of setting everything correctly... lol...

overall, it'll work as a delay and will do just that... no special features like what most digital delays have right now... the only special thing it can do is the 2 second delay time which is not apparent with delay pedals in the echo's price range...
[

Offline knightburn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #164 on: July 07, 2008, 02:27:26 PM »
sir hindi ba maingay metal muff?

Can't help but to laugh at this post man... sorry dude. It's just ironic to say that the Metal Muff is not noisy or quite. It is designed to be noisy BUT in a good way bro. But if you are referring to noisiness when you first engaged it, it will still depend on your setup. The last time I tried it with a crappy Marshall MG amp with an Ibanez DiMarzio equipped guitar, it is frakingly quite.  It still has a hint of Fuzz though as far as my ears are concerned but for the consturction and price, it is way superior than a Metal Zone or Boston's heavy metal counterpart.

sir, di pa ehx user pero, how's the big muff matched with a dd3?
ok ba?   :-D

Any delay pedal matched with the Big Muff will give you VERY VERY NICE ambient sound... can't explain it in words, it is just too damn good.
Psalms 33:3 - Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Ibanez SAS32FM, Washburn Mercury, Ibanez DE7, DOD FX17, MiAudio Crunchbox, Small Clone, Boss RV3, Digitech BadMonkey, Vox 847A, Zoom TriMetal, Fulldrive MOSFET

Offline guitbox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #165 on: July 07, 2008, 02:54:37 PM »
@masterchoxter
congrats sir at salamat sa review!
very interesting---sana may soundclips ka para ok den.   8-)

Any delay pedal matched with the Big Muff will give you VERY VERY NICE ambient sound... can't explain it in words, it is just too damn good.

good enough for me sir.
thanks!  :-D
My passion comes from my Jesus...

Offline Zazza

« Reply #166 on: July 09, 2008, 01:53:07 AM »
Am a proud owner of The Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai  :-D

I got this pedal just hoping to get a decent straightforward delay sound, i've had DD3, DOD FX90 delays before but sold them by way of this pedal.

It's one of the best delays i've ever tried, simply because (pros muna):

- 3 secs delay time.
- 30 secs loop time.
- true stereo with 8 programmable presets where you can save it with the hazarai knob, it's what i think the most convenient feature of this pedal.
- may vintage tap filtering at tap tempo at meron syang separate na tap tempo switch.
- reverse delay, which is cool for experimental sounds  :-D
- may settings na pwedeng gumawa ng chorus, gonkulator ring mod at flanger effect (i can describe the chorus effect as really close to an EHX small clone). The SMMH shines clearly on this one
- It doesn't suck tone, unlike what you read in Harmony Central reviews.
- sturdy hard casing.
- the design is tops  :-D
- many more i haven't tried to tinker but getting there...

The cons:

- pricey for an ordinary JUAN like me  :-(
- will take time to master all the knobs (but when you do... :-D)
- to erase a loop, you have to turn off the bypass signal pa then turn the pedal on again, which is kinda annoying for multiple overdubs, but not a biggie i guess

The Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai is for people who wanted multiple sounds in one box, i'm pretty sure it's not for everyone, coz they might find it very digital sounding thru their setup, especially for peeps looking for a more warm sounding delay like the Deluxe Memory Man. But it gets the job done for me  :-D one of the pedals i plan to keep for a long time.

The Cranberrie's "dreams" is a rip off of Sampaguita's "Laguna".....

Offline patchdpogi

« Reply #167 on: July 09, 2008, 01:55:43 AM »
was able to try out the #1 echo during the weekend... and as expected, it worked like how a DELAY pedal should... it has 3 knobs... blend, delay, feedback... very easy to tweak...

the blend knob basically just makes the delay signal louder or softer... the delay knob dictates the time of your signal... upto a maximum of 2 seconds... really cool when you get creative with riffs... the feedback sets the number of echo's you want...

the pedal uses truebypass... i didn't hear any toneloss... the tone from the guitar was transparent... when used with distortion or overdrives, there were no issues encountered as what other reviews we have read stated... i believe it's just a matter of setting everything correctly... lol...

overall, it'll work as a delay and will do just that... no special features like what most digital delays have right now... the only special thing it can do is the 2 second delay time which is not apparent with delay pedals in the echo's price range...

cool!!! thanks sa review...  :lol:
KUNG HINDI MO KAYA PANINDIGAN... MANAHIMIK KA NALANG!!! \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #168 on: July 09, 2008, 12:39:53 PM »
@masterchoxter
congrats sir at salamat sa review!
very interesting---sana may soundclips ka para ok den.   8-)

thanks chief... will try to post soundclips after i fix my pc at home... it crashed 2 weeks ago... lol

Am a proud owner of The Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai  :-D

I got this pedal just hoping to get a decent straightforward delay sound, i've had DD3, DOD FX90 delays before but sold them by way of this pedal.

It's one of the best delays i've ever tried, simply because (pros muna):

- 3 secs delay time.
- 30 secs loop time.
- true stereo with 8 programmable presets where you can save it with the hazarai knob, it's what i think the most convenient feature of this pedal.
- may vintage tap filtering at tap tempo at meron syang separate na tap tempo switch.
- reverse delay, which is cool for experimental sounds  :-D
- may settings na pwedeng gumawa ng chorus, gonkulator ring mod at flanger effect (i can describe the chorus effect as really close to an EHX small clone). The SMMH shines clearly on this one
- It doesn't suck tone, unlike what you read in Harmony Central reviews.
- sturdy hard casing.
- the design is tops  :-D
- many more i haven't tried to tinker but getting there...

The cons:

- pricey for an ordinary JUAN like me  :-(
- will take time to master all the knobs (but when you do... :-D)
- to erase a loop, you have to turn off the bypass signal pa then turn the pedal on again, which is kinda annoying for multiple overdubs, but not a biggie i guess

The Stereo Memory Man with Hazarai is for people who wanted multiple sounds in one box, i'm pretty sure it's not for everyone, coz they might find it very digital sounding thru their setup, especially for peeps looking for a more warm sounding delay like the Deluxe Memory Man. But it gets the job done for me  :-D one of the pedals i plan to keep for a long time.

thank you sir for the SMMH review... i also love it's warm tone... para sa akin, malagkit sya... looove it...

cool!!! thanks sa review...  :lol:

thanks as well sir... hope to get a lo-down from your ehx peds as well... :)
[

Offline Zazza

« Reply #169 on: July 09, 2008, 03:45:19 PM »
@ Choxter : No problem sir!

I failed to add a very important value of the SMMH, it has an amazing reverb function as well, if you'll check ehx.com you'll find out that the SMMH is also classified as a reverb pedal alternative in the reverb pedal choices  :evil:
The Cranberrie's "dreams" is a rip off of Sampaguita's "Laguna".....

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #170 on: July 13, 2008, 09:23:03 AM »
metalmuff with top boost i'm getting one, sulit sa pag iintay, i'm not a metal player, pero i need a high gain chug pedal...
compare sa mt2, na 2 mids, sakto na ko dito for tweaking  :-D

Offline demoboi

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #171 on: July 13, 2008, 09:42:51 AM »
metalmuff with top boost i'm getting one, sulit sa pag iintay, i'm not a metal player, pero i need a high gain chug pedal...
compare sa mt2, na 2 mids, sakto na ko dito for tweaking  :-D
nakauha mo na ung sa classifieds bro? Really great pedal bro.
EXN PEDALBOARDS AND CASES http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,76364.0.html09173208410 / YM: exnpedalboards / skype: exn_pedalboards / fb: exnpedalboards / multiply: exnpedalboards

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #172 on: July 13, 2008, 09:52:41 AM »
nakauha mo na ung sa classifieds bro? Really great pedal bro.

intay intay lang muna   :wink:

Offline knightburn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #173 on: July 14, 2008, 03:41:36 PM »
Great... Lots of guitarists are now appreciating more of what EHX can offer!  :mrgreen:
Psalms 33:3 - Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Ibanez SAS32FM, Washburn Mercury, Ibanez DE7, DOD FX17, MiAudio Crunchbox, Small Clone, Boss RV3, Digitech BadMonkey, Vox 847A, Zoom TriMetal, Fulldrive MOSFET

Offline franknelme

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #174 on: July 14, 2008, 04:47:42 PM »
 :lol:YEAH !!! THESe GEARS HAVE REALLY NICE improvisations ! compared to other brand of analogs that we know like  especially boss(just my opinion) ... i actually planned to mixed it with a digi tech analogs with electroharmonics metal muff,memory man, and the holy stain. oh YEAH !! sounds really GREAT !! wooh!! nakuha nyah gusto kong bigat ! RRRRRRRR :evil: