hulika

Author Topic: Boss GT10 users thread  (Read 328876 times)

Offline esteban4377

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Boss GT10 users thread
« Reply #1175 on: June 14, 2010, 08:25:48 PM »
need help in GT10 ..delay setting how can i set it to dotted 8 note mode then use it in tapping ?
The Lord is my light and my salvation whom shall i fear....

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1176 on: June 14, 2010, 10:05:13 PM »
2 days pa lang sa akin yung gt10. Di ko pa matweak masyado. I'm using a marshall jtm 60. Masyadong trebly yung sound with the gt10. Research pa ko konti about tips to get the most out of the gt. So far I'm liking the idea of having two channels in one patch. Single patch pa lang pwede na ko mabuhay hehehe :-D. Pati yung manual mode ok, medyo nasanay na kasi ako ng stompboxes. Ngayon na lang ulit ako bumalik sa mfx

Post your setup here. The 'trebly' sound must be from the GT10's preamp going into your marshall's preamp. If you want to use the GT10s preamp, it might be better to bypass your amp's preamp. If you want to use your amp's preamp, it might be better to turn the GT10s preamp off.

Offline raBid

« Reply #1177 on: June 15, 2010, 03:11:12 AM »
Post your setup here. The 'trebly' sound must be from the GT10's preamp going into your marshall's preamp. If you want to use the GT10s preamp, it might be better to bypass your amp's preamp. If you want to use your amp's preamp, it might be better to turn the GT10s preamp off.

I'm using the 4CM sir ( gtr to gt input, gt mono out to amp return, gt send to amp input, gt return to amp send)..sir how can i bypass the amps preamp? and is it possible to assign channel A for my amps preamp and channel B for gt10s preamp?
rabid@09208037430

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1178 on: June 15, 2010, 03:58:20 AM »

I'm using the 4CM sir ( gtr to gt input, gt mono out to amp return, gt send to amp input, gt return to amp send)..sir how can i bypass the amps preamp? and is it possible to assign channel A for my amps preamp and channel B for gt10s preamp?

What I do is I plug the output of the GT into the fx return (or is it send) of the amplifier. Then set your output to line out. That should bypass your marshall's preamp and you'll have the GT10s preamp going directly to the marshall's preamp. As for your other question, let me check it out. I think it's doable. :)

Offline raBid

« Reply #1179 on: June 15, 2010, 04:37:37 AM »
I still like the response and the warm sound of my marshall amp both the clean and drive but it falls short when we're playing heavy type of music..I'm still trying to experiment with the eq.. time consuming :-(
rabid@09208037430

Offline esteban4377

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1180 on: June 15, 2010, 09:29:04 AM »
Anyone here to help about setting up delay in gt10 kinda upset cause unlike the boss me70 it has doted 8 setting where you can tap it easy with tap tempo features, I see that boss gt10 has a quarter note standard setting only. I am thinking maybe Hindi ko pa nadidiscover na meron din ang gt10 meron syA kaso kailangan mong I set manually but in tap I think it can't

Offline esteban4377

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1181 on: June 15, 2010, 09:34:57 PM »
delay problem solve!i found it!!!! thanks to rogeryu kahit sa text nakatulong ng malaki....."CERTIFIED BOSS GT10 USER HERE"..EXPLORING the power on it! :-D

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1182 on: June 15, 2010, 09:36:30 PM »
Yung oh! Post na ng video bro!

Offline raikidoodles

« Reply #1183 on: June 17, 2010, 02:41:44 AM »
delay problem solve!i found it!!!! thanks to rogeryu kahit sa text nakatulong ng malaki....."CERTIFIED BOSS GT10 USER HERE"..EXPLORING the power on it! :-D
[/quot!

sya nakabili ng gt-10 ko, now im exploring the rp1000 ng pinsan ko wehehe!

Offline markezekiel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1184 on: June 17, 2010, 02:56:00 AM »
Mga sir welcome ba gt6 users d2? i have a questi0n. Panu po mag bank hold sa gt6?Kc po pag nag palit ako ng bank nag papalit agad sya na efcts. Cnxa na noob po ako sa gt series.Tnx..

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1185 on: June 17, 2010, 05:41:00 AM »
I still like the response and the warm sound of my marshall amp both the clean and drive but it falls short when we're playing heavy type of music..I'm still trying to experiment with the eq.. time consuming :-(

Too bad I don't have my GT10 around (Nasa kabanda). I'll get back to this interesting question once I get it back.

Offline esteban4377

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1186 on: June 17, 2010, 07:52:24 AM »
hi GT users,im new bie here just bought my GT10 less than one week,im kinda confuse due to lot of tweaking and a lot of knobs,but really a challenge for me,in an easy phrse anyone here can suggest me on how i set my boss GT10 in an direct mixer,im playing in christian church here in VCF fort,we use vox AC30 amp in practice and then after that we are playing in our hall with no amp monitor only direct to mixer with roland speaker monitor i dont know what they called it,before i am using my analog set ups its kinda easy because you now what im saying in using analog pedals,but i want to have an idea if how im gonna use or set the Boss GT10 in this kind of set..thanks for answering my question Godbless You All.

my sample setting was . in categoryBank 1 user 1 (so far isa pa lang nagagawa ko :-)) using the jc120 for output,pre amp A/ clean twin-DS/od- Marshall guvnor-delay with dotted 8 settings-reverb(spring on) im using 1 and 2 control 1 is for delay on and 2 is for tap delay in case the drummer is are changing his tempo....pedal is for volume if engage ,wah....badly im not familiar with the parameters such as cut,flat,etc..im still reading the Gt's Bible(manual)thanks for this thread.....this is the start of my endevor in discovering this TANK.... :mrgreen:

this was my first attempt;
dotted 8 tap mode delay

clean setting

using rec/play loop with mute..medyo magulo pa experiment lang..comment please.thanks
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 08:44:17 AM by esteban4377 »

Offline esteban4377

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1187 on: June 17, 2010, 07:25:54 PM »

Noel Mendez using GT10 :-)

Offline Gerrit

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1188 on: June 18, 2010, 03:55:43 PM »
hi GT users,im new bie here just bought my GT10 less than one week,im kinda confuse due to lot of tweaking and a lot of knobs,but really a challenge for me,in an easy phrse anyone here can suggest me on how i set my boss GT10 in an direct mixer,im playing in christian church here in VCF fort,we use vox AC30 amp in practice and then after that we are playing in our hall with no amp monitor only direct to mixer with roland speaker monitor i dont know what they called it,before i am using my analog set ups its kinda easy because you now what im saying in using analog pedals,but i want to have an idea if how im gonna use or set the Boss GT10 in this kind of set..thanks for answering my question Godbless You All.

my sample setting was . in categoryBank 1 user 1 (so far isa pa lang nagagawa ko :-)) using the jc120 for output,pre amp A/ clean twin-DS/od- Marshall guvnor-delay with dotted 8 settings-reverb(spring on) im using 1 and 2 control 1 is for delay on and 2 is for tap delay in case the drummer is are changing his tempo....pedal is for volume if engage ,wah....badly im not familiar with the parameters such as cut,flat,etc..im still reading the Gt's Bible(manual)thanks for this thread.....this is the start of my endevor in discovering this TANK.... :mrgreen:

this was my first attempt;
dotted 8 tap mode delay

clean setting

using rec/play loop with mute..medyo magulo pa experiment lang..comment please.thanks

If you are contented with your sound so that's it.  It's your sound.  And if you want to use the GT10's preamp just like what you choose, you can directly connect to the main board and make sure your mainboard eq is set on FLAT say all knobs at 12 o'clock, tweaking now in your GT10 and to activitate your GT10 preamp you must set the system output to headphone/mixer and your main output volume is your volume control.

Now, if you are connecting to a GUITAR AMP and you want to use the GT10's preamp, plug your left/mono output to the AMP's AUX or CD INPUT or POWERAMP INPUT and to activitate your GT10 preamp you must set the system output to headphone/mixer and your main output volume is your volume control.  And incase your amp don't have such and you want to plugin directly to the GUITAR INPUT you must create new sets of patch with deactivated GT10 preamp and set you system output to whatever amp make you are using.

Yan bro preview lang marami pa.  Alam mo si Rogeryu ang master dito the GT10 kaya lang mukhang he is on vacation.  Its been weeks since his last post.  Sa kanya din ako natuto.  Tiyaga lang sa pagtweak ng GT10 kung hindi ka matyaga maybe in a few months baka nasa classified ka na rin.  Just be patience bro.

God bless

Offline esteban4377

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1189 on: June 18, 2010, 06:30:01 PM »
If you are contented with your sound so that's it.  It's your sound.  And if you want to use the GT10's preamp just like what you choose, you can directly connect to the main board and make sure your mainboard eq is set on FLAT say all knobs at 12 o'clock, tweaking now in your GT10 and to activitate your GT10 preamp you must set the system output to headphone/mixer and your main output volume is your volume control.

Now, if you are connecting to a GUITAR AMP and you want to use the GT10's preamp, plug your left/mono output to the AMP's AUX or CD INPUT or POWERAMP INPUT and to activitate your GT10 preamp you must set the system output to headphone/mixer and your main output volume is your volume control.  And incase your amp don't have such and you want to plugin directly to the GUITAR INPUT you must create new sets of patch with deactivated GT10 preamp and set you system output to whatever amp make you are using.

Yan bro preview lang marami pa.  Alam mo si Rogeryu ang master dito the GT10 kaya lang mukhang he is on vacation.  Its been weeks since his last post.  Sa kanya din ako natuto.  Tiyaga lang sa pagtweak ng GT10 kung hindi ka matyaga maybe in a few months baka nasa classified ka na rin.  Just be patience bro.

God bless

im not familiar sa mga output/input , i should learn this stuff,for me laging direct out lang ako  ma pa amp or direct may difference ba ?do you mean kahit gamit ko sa control 2 yung preamp na disre ko o nilagay ko sa patch hindi lalabas yung tone ng amp sa output ko ?parang naguluhan ako sa tanong ko heheh,sorry noob sa GT10 heheh like ive said wala pang 1 week sa kin bro,i texted roger yu as rakidoodles suggest me nung nagkakaproblem ako sa delay and master roger quicly responded,cool..anyway thanks for you and others who are willing to share their knowledge in using GT10,in the future this would be very interesting with me and chalenge more on its parameters hehehe.. 

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1190 on: June 18, 2010, 08:34:42 PM »
^I also suggest that you back read. Daming mga nashare na tips and tricks dito  and you might find them useful. Welcome and congrats on your new GT10 bro.

Offline raBid

« Reply #1191 on: June 18, 2010, 08:44:33 PM »
bro I want to connect my eq and dirt pedal to the gt 10..i want to use the eq as my clean boost. i'm using the amps preamp as my clean channel (4CM). Where's the best connection?
rabid@09208037430

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1192 on: June 18, 2010, 09:11:02 PM »
For me, the dirt pedal should go into the input of your amp like this Guitar -> Dirt -> Your Amp's pre amp . The EQ, try mo sa send return ng GT10 para maconfigure mo yung position niya internally sa GT. Not sure on the EQ position though.

Offline esteban4377

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1193 on: June 18, 2010, 09:53:35 PM »
Mga bro ano ba ang 4CM na tinatawag ?

Offline raBid

« Reply #1194 on: June 19, 2010, 05:57:08 AM »
For me, the dirt pedal should go into the input of your amp like this Guitar -> Dirt -> Your Amp's pre amp . The EQ, try mo sa send return ng GT10 para maconfigure mo yung position niya internally sa GT. Not sure on the EQ position though.

I tried this set up tonight gtr>gt10, gt10 mono out>dod eq(for boost)>amp return, gt10 send>dirt ped>amp input, gt10 return>amp send. It's a bit ok but when i engage the eq boost it accentuates the delay.Was there something wrong with the connections? Any possible solution would be very much appreciated    :-D
rabid@09208037430

Offline Gerrit

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1195 on: June 19, 2010, 08:21:10 AM »

im not familiar sa mga output/input , i should learn this stuff,for me laging direct out lang ako  ma pa amp or direct may difference ba ?do you mean kahit gamit ko sa control 2 yung preamp na disre ko o nilagay ko sa patch hindi lalabas yung tone ng amp sa output ko ?parang naguluhan ako sa tanong ko heheh,sorry noob sa GT10 heheh like ive said wala pang 1 week sa kin bro,i texted roger yu as rakidoodles suggest me nung nagkakaproblem ako sa delay and master roger quicly responded,cool..anyway thanks for you and others who are willing to share their knowledge in using GT10,in the future this would be very interesting with me and chalenge more on its parameters hehehe..  

As I have mentioned, brod kailangan naka headphone/mixer ka sa output mo to activate the preamp that you choose.  The button of the output select is right under the output level knob.

Ganyan din ako lagi nuon, laging naka direct output lang.  Ginagawa ko analog ang GT10.  Pero you will discover more.  And yes, please backread, marami kang matututunan.  Tiyaga lang bro.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 08:42:58 AM by Gerrit »

Offline Gerrit

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1196 on: June 19, 2010, 08:22:49 AM »

4CM = "Four Cable Method" nasa manual yan page 15.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 08:44:42 AM by Gerrit »

Offline Gerrit

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1197 on: June 19, 2010, 08:27:16 AM »

I tried this set up tonight gtr>gt10, gt10 mono out>dod eq(for boost)>amp return, gt10 send>dirt ped>amp input, gt10 return>amp send. It's a bit ok but when i engage the eq boost it accentuates the delay.Was there something wrong with the connections? Any possible solution would be very much appreciated    :-D

Go to FX Chain and try re-arranging the positioning of the pedals or re-position your physical pedal.  Kasi for me dapat ang EQ will go right after the dirt and then your modulation pedals. Kaya punta ka sa FX chain move your send/return block to the position you desire the sound most.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 08:39:40 AM by Gerrit »

Offline Gerrit

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1198 on: June 19, 2010, 08:34:07 AM »
bro I want to connect my eq and dirt pedal to the gt 10..i want to use the eq as my clean boost. i'm using the amps preamp as my clean channel (4CM). Where's the best connection?

I am not familiar with 4CM kasi hindi ko siya ginagamit eh.  Its either I use the Amp's preamp or the GT10's preamp
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 08:45:11 AM by Gerrit »

Offline Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1199 on: June 19, 2010, 01:09:26 PM »
this might give you an idea.
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc