hulika

Author Topic: Why was grunge so short-lived?  (Read 9931 times)

nO RLY

Re: Why was grunge so short-lived?
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2007, 11:33:05 PM »
most of the people who made "grunge" were the bands that were from the seattle area.
Based on wikipedia, grunge bands don't prefer venues with lights, lots of pyrotechnics, and huge screens in concerts. they just come as they are, they come as normal musicians just trying to play as if they're jamming. and most of the time during concerts of these bands, crowd surfs and moshs usually happen.. :-)

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2007, 11:38:02 PM »
..."nu metal"...i prefer to call them "one finger-one chord metal" .. but that takes too long. so i call them kupaw instead. hehe.

LOL :lol:

the "kupaw" era has passed already. give 'em a break. :-) even greyhoundz (who, btw, used the term you used "kupaw" in one of their early songs, but i think he said it like "hupaw" haha) took a new turn in their music these days.

Offline IncX

« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2007, 09:35:02 AM »
..."nu metal"...i prefer to call them "one finger-one chord metal" .. but that takes too long. so i call them kupaw instead. hehe.

LOL :lol:

the "kupaw" era has passed already. give 'em a break. :-) even greyhoundz (who, btw, used the term you used "kupaw" in one of their early songs, but i think he said it like "hupaw" haha) took a new turn in their music these days.

i guess i am one of those "consistent hater" of certain musical trends. i tend to hate the kupaw era more than the emo... although thats because i havent seen how annoying emo kids can be. haha...

i read some replies here... and its kinda funny how ppl sort of give a history about "grunge." i hope by now ppl realize its not a real music genre or lifestyle.

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2007, 01:45:11 AM »
era has a factor, but culture should be pursued
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline bokyo

« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2007, 12:56:54 PM »
blame mtv and the corporate media. sila "nagdidictate" what kind of music they're gonna "force" to us listening people!!  :evil:
a big orange ocean and a pink gummy robot seperates us!!

Offline delio

« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2007, 01:11:21 PM »
NAGPAPALIT LANG ANG PNGALAN .......EMO GRUNGE ETC

PERO IM SURE KURT COBAIN KICKED EVEN METALLICAS ASS WHILE THEY EXISTED.......KAHIT SI MICHAEL JACKSON.

GRUNGE IS JUST A LABEL AT THE TIME THAT IT IS APPROPRIATE..

EMO NAMAN NGAYON PERO PARANG ANG BADUY NG LABEL NATO KASI EMO EMOTIONAL BA TO   ANG BADUY

RADIOHEAD LANG ANG UGAT NG LAHAT NG KAARTEHAN NG EMO BANDS NAMAN EH

Offline delio

« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2007, 01:13:21 PM »
AND I THINK RADIOHEADS THE BAND THAT STILL HAVE SOME CREATIVITY LEFT.
NAPAKAGALING

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2007, 06:57:52 PM »
Unang-unang dahilan,

DRUG USE.

Next,

Sunod-sunog yung pagkamatay ng band members na malulupet.

Naubos yung Seattle's Big Four.
Please be active at Pinoy Music Fan Forums. :)