hulika

Author Topic: Ibanez guitar users thread  (Read 3490985 times)

Offline lyrad24

• Veteran Member
Re: Ibanez guitar users thread
« Reply #18900 on: October 08, 2014, 09:35:55 AM »
Woah! Can't wait to see Paul Gilbert! hehe,

Comedy nga siya na nga yung notable na may pinakamalaking kamay tapos Mikro pa gagamitin.

Anyway, Paul really missed using humbuckers judging by his new Fireman. I too tend to roll the tone down on the FRM100 since for the longest time di ko kabisado sound ng mga single coil dahil humbucker user din.

"Every hot girl is a rockstar." - PG

Offline opencoke

« Reply #18901 on: October 08, 2014, 12:24:09 PM »
Woah! Can't wait to see Paul Gilbert! hehe,

Comedy nga siya na nga yung notable na may pinakamalaking kamay tapos Mikro pa gagamitin.

Anyway, Paul really missed using humbuckers judging by his new Fireman. I too tend to roll the tone down on the FRM100 since for the longest time di ko kabisado sound ng mga single coil dahil humbucker user din.
That's what i've noticed too!

---------------

RG655 latersssss  8-)     :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Paf joe, Evo2, Breeds... STEVE VAI <3

Offline lyrad24

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18902 on: October 08, 2014, 05:59:14 PM »
any suggestions for acoustic guitar?? ano po bang ok na ibanez acoustic mga sir??

Hindi ko masyado kabisado, for as far as I recall, dito rin sa thread kasi alam ko nagtanung narin ako, kung kaya mo pa i-search o i-back read.

Artwood series yung sinu-suggest nila. Alam ko dahil sa ganda nung parang resonance sa kahoy or basta yung vibration ng mga strings okay.

Then basta comment kasi sa ibang Ibanez Acoustics, hindi gaano lahat maganda kapag unplugged (wherein suggested nga sakin yung AW series).

I tried them kasi then nahihinaan ako sa tunog lalo na nung na-try ko yung Euphoria ni Vai. Maganda nga pag electronics na dinaanan.

:)

"Every hot girl is a rockstar." - PG

Offline opencoke

« Reply #18903 on: October 08, 2014, 07:48:43 PM »
NGD: RG655 :-D :-D :-D My very first ibanez.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 10:31:51 PM by opencoke »

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18904 on: October 08, 2014, 10:20:58 PM »
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline opencoke

« Reply #18905 on: October 10, 2014, 09:18:22 PM »
Gave my 655 a TLC this afternoon :D replaced the strings, basic setup etc

Offline knet370

« Reply #18906 on: October 10, 2014, 11:22:24 PM »
after a long dilemna with the rg3727 vs 2014 jp7, i ended up buying this one when i went to japan last week or so. initially i was going for a used 2014 jp7 in silver sparkle but discovered something bad about that specific guitar being sold. it developed a irepairable neck warp/twist to it. it was slight but i did not risk it. as for the rg3727, it was ok. till i saw a j custom and this one. i was going for the j custom(rg8527) at first but the longer i stare at it, i just didnt really like the tree of life. too fancy for me though it plays immaculate, still i wasnt sold simply because of personal preference in terms of appearance. there was a rg7cst which i liked to death, but it was a little beat up. so in the end i settled with this one, the rg2727fz. fits my personal preference: nice flame and color, offset dots, a rosewood board that dont suck and plays great out of the box.

Offline knet370

« Reply #18907 on: October 10, 2014, 11:31:09 PM »
be back again to japan next month. ill get back on a rga321 and rga420z trans red thats being sold at rockhouse for hella cheap and around 95% mint. :) hope its still there. couldnt bring them all to ph coz of excess weight and other concerns.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 11:38:37 PM by knet370 »

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #18908 on: October 12, 2014, 09:41:12 AM »
Awesome new guitars guys. I'm diggin' that RG2727FZ Prestige right there. Good score.

@ opencoke: Try taking a photo with no flash. :)
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18909 on: October 12, 2014, 08:42:34 PM »
after a long dilemna with the rg3727 vs 2014 jp7, i ended up buying this one when i went to japan last week or so. initially i was going for a used 2014 jp7 in silver sparkle but discovered something bad about that specific guitar being sold. it developed a irepairable neck warp/twist to it. it was slight but i did not risk it. as for the rg3727, it was ok. till i saw a j custom and this one. i was going for the j custom(rg8527) at first but the longer i stare at it, i just didnt really like the tree of life. too fancy for me though it plays immaculate, still i wasnt sold simply because of personal preference in terms of appearance. there was a rg7cst which i liked to death, but it was a little beat up. so in the end i settled with this one, the rg2727fz. fits my personal preference: nice flame and color, offset dots, a rosewood board that dont suck and plays great out of the box.

That's an awesome guitar right there. I like the finish and the pickup color combination. Congrats on the acquisition! :)

Offline joancolar

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #18910 on: October 13, 2014, 03:03:16 PM »
May ARZIR20 kaya dito sa pinas?
Magkano kaya.. :cute:

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18911 on: October 13, 2014, 03:19:24 PM »

The Edge Zero trems have started to grow on me a bit, but I'd definitely replace the tremolo block with something bigger, like these: http://www.killerguitarcomponents.com/store/tremolo-blocks/ibanez/ibanezr-edge-z-brass-tremolo-block-detail
Otherwise, the super easy setup options integrated into the bridge's design is a guitar tech's dream. Congrats!

Offline Isons

« Reply #18912 on: October 15, 2014, 02:49:43 PM »

RG-350EX

Offline lestervai

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18913 on: October 17, 2014, 09:46:32 AM »
guys, mejo rusty na yung tuner sa bridge ayaw na gano kumagat pag iniikot ko para itono. anu kayang magandang panlinis? tsaka paano tatangalin yung pang tono nya sa bridge? any suggestions?

btw, my guitar is a JEM-JR with ILT-1 bridge i think.
Thanks!  :-D

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18914 on: October 17, 2014, 11:52:46 AM »

The Edge Zero trems have started to grow on me a bit, but I'd definitely replace the tremolo block with something bigger, like these: http://www.killerguitarcomponents.com/store/tremolo-blocks/ibanez/ibanezr-edge-z-brass-tremolo-block-detail
Otherwise, the super easy setup options integrated into the bridge's design is a guitar tech's dream. Congrats!

Woaw. Oks yan ah? Mukhang pwede din yo sa ZR.
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline x_crue

• Netizen Level
« Reply #18915 on: October 29, 2014, 05:03:51 PM »
Was browsing the Ibanez website the other day and found a new product, the RGKP6. An RG with a single coil form humbucker, built-in distortion and a KORG Mini KAOSS PAD 2 routed into the body. Downloaded the video, struck me as a very interesting piece of gear. (Sorry, can't post pictures of it for now, something to do with the internet at the office.)

Distortion is a bit compressed. The guitar is a bit gimmicky(?), maybe. Matt Bellamy of Muse has something like it on his signature guitar, and Tom Morello can do the same thing with a bunch of pedals so why bother. :-D :-D (Based on the comments of the video)

Talked with Albert of Audiophile, Otis, he says they won't be bringing this model to our shores :-( :-( :-(. Maybe you can share your thoughts on this guitar?

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #18916 on: October 29, 2014, 07:54:32 PM »
^ I don't dig it. If gusto mo naman bilin, pwede ka magpaorder sa kanila.

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18917 on: November 01, 2014, 12:17:09 AM »
Back in Ibanez grind again. I've been on and off about getting a 7 string but finally did it. Got a RG7321 almost a week ago and I must say I'm hooked. Hopefully this thing stays for a long time. I'm tired of seeing my guitars go.
What you own, owns you.

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18918 on: November 01, 2014, 01:02:00 AM »
Back in Ibanez grind again. I've been on and off about getting a 7 string but finally did it. Got a RG7321 almost a week ago and I must say I'm hooked. Hopefully this thing stays for a long time. I'm tired of seeing my guitars go.

I think you'll sell that at some point and upgrade to a new 7. :D

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18919 on: November 01, 2014, 01:19:51 AM »
Haha! I hope not! But you can never say never.
What you own, owns you.

Offline 7string_highway

« Reply #18920 on: November 01, 2014, 02:02:06 AM »
Ibanez you're next
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 02:11:01 AM by 7string_highway »

Offline 7string_highway

« Reply #18921 on: November 01, 2014, 02:13:00 AM »
If you Sir will let that guitar go in the near future, PM me and I'll be  the first in line. such a lovely beast you have right there  :cute:

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #18922 on: November 01, 2014, 08:54:13 PM »

had lots of 7's before i only have 1 now lol

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18923 on: November 02, 2014, 12:43:03 PM »

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #18924 on: November 02, 2014, 04:11:58 PM »
What?! No fixie? lol

So which do you like better - Lo Pro Edge or Original Edge?