hulika

Author Topic: Open invite to Vaisteen & Machine & others  (Read 8624 times)

Chito

Open invite to Vaisteen & Machine & others
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2006, 08:59:25 PM »
Quote from: oasgomez

I heard a PRS SE recently na OK rin ang tunog na may P90s.  Arie really fell in love with it specially the P90s.

You must be talking of the PRS Soapbar SE. It's a great guitar for the price you pay for it. Value for money, I think it's one of the best around. Of course, it also depends on the type of music you play. Classic Rock and blues fits the guitar well. :) It's the guitar I'm using on my avatar.

Offline Kulas

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2006, 09:05:56 PM »
first of all...

thanks to oasgomez for letting us try his gear. then thanks to arie for making chika with us, and to ate nen for the boutique empanada and creampuffs (hindi talaga ako fan ng empanada pero naiba ang pananaw ko after nung empanada ni ate nen, hehe)

attendance: oasgomez, arie, kulas, psychic_sushi, titser_marco, extreme16199, knightburn.

ang masasabi ko lang...

panget! panget lahat ng gamit ni oasgomez! kasuklam-suklam yung tunog nung diezel, yung two rock? walang kwenta! yung xotic RC boost? bulok! yung teese wah? sablay men! tapon na nya yang mga gamit na yan!!!

tapon nya sa bahay ko, hehehe.

grabe, the whole experience was mindblowing... and ear popping, to say the least. ako hindi naman ako skeptical nung una about the diezel, i'd hope naman na sa price tag na ganon eh sana naman eh maganda yung tunog nung item, hehe. at maganda nga... magandang maganda, hehe.

we used a number of guitars on the setup, my strat (with texas specials), arie's strat & oasgomez's strat (with barenuckles) oasgomez's ESP (with barenuckles din) titser_marco's 355 roadtone, arie's tele.

channel 1, even at low volumes, bilog na bilog yung tunog nya. warm, yet crisp, punchy. parang may natural compression. swabeng swabe.

channel 2, this channel has two settings. yung - at yung +. sa - setting, parang mala-ds1 ang tunog nya. warm overdrive na kaya very subtle just a little amount of dirt, to a full-blown boss-sounding overdrive. sa + setting naman, it really rawks! raw, pure overdrive, growl talaga! just the distortion i've been looking for.

channel 3, this channel is really close to channel 2 on + setting. kaya nga lang, mas smooth ang distortion nya. lagyan mo pa ng mid-scoop and ikaw na si dimebag, hehe. for metal na tugtugan talaga yung channel 3.

sulit talaga yung amp na yun. it's like having 3 1/2 amps rolled into one, hehe. you have to hear it to believe it.

yung two rock cable naman...

we a/b-ed it against a klotz lagrange cable, same length. though i was content with the klotz already, the two rock gave higher output, clearer and more crisp tone. pati yung impact ng pick sa string kuha nya. overdriven, this is where the cable shines, hehe. again, you have to try it to believe it.

yung RC boost... one word... panalo!

yung ts9 ni oasgomez, one name... SRV! hehehe

pero yung empanada and creampuffs ni ate nen... inspiring, heavenly, world class! hehe.

sorry napahaba. basta it was a good experience. i was able to record sound clips with psychic_suchi playing (bro! anlufet mo!) it really couldn't do justice to the real tone of the diezel, pero at least it was a decent recording, medyo hindi lang nya mashado nakayanan ang powers nung diezel, hehe, medyo nagbe-break up na yung mic ng computer ko, hehe. i'll post it when i get the time, hehe.

if you want to hear the amp, go to the may 6 gig sa gweilo's eastwood. gagamitin ni arie yung amp dun.

goodluck nalang sa mga tenga nyo, hehe.

Offline ioffendpeople

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2006, 09:20:07 PM »
Just a little question...maybe a little ignorant one, too, but...is that "Diezel" a brand of amp or...?  :?:

Offline Kulas

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2006, 09:32:28 PM »
Quote from: ioffendpeople
Just a little question...maybe a little ignorant one, too, but...is that "Diezel" a brand of amp or...?  :?:

diezel is a brand from germany. it's an amp... a really expensive amp, hehe.

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Open invite to Vaisteen & Machine & others
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2006, 09:44:27 PM »
Guys,

I just confirmed with Arie.  Both of you & others can drop by guitar hospital on May 1, this coming Monday afternoon.  I will be there with Arie.  You guys can test the Diezel and hear the Two Rock.  Beyond that, I and Arie will show why we think it is NOT ALL in the Hands because we will make the extra effort to show you why we think one electric guitar sounds better than another.  

Bring your guitars so that you can hear the difference when you plug into the diezel.  I recommend straight jack.

Please confirm.  Thanks.

All others interested.  Please sign on.

ph my god!!! im sorry alex. i just got in the office and just checked my beloveb philmusic. Ill get in touch with mahinehead and hopefully we can schedule another one. if you have time, we have a gig tommorrow at 6 under ground. Please drop by and maybe we can chat and proly give me advise on how to achieve "THE TONE". Thanks oasgomez.
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline knightburn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2006, 10:51:38 PM »
It was really great meeting the 'big' guy himself Mr. OasGomez (Alex)! Very accomodating and nice guy actually. He will let you test all his stuff! Yup... tama sa Kulas, sagwa ng Diezel!! hehhe!! nah... I really can't describe it... The sound is not big... it is HUGE. Literally huge wall of sound that can make your fingers scream for more!! I love the INTENSITY knob with Channel 3 that can scoop the mids and bring you that super chug chugy sound from Pantera and all those new metal bands today. Mind you guys that if you have this AMP, you will never need additional distortion box... well... err.. maybe a TS-9 if you want to more volume and boost!  :lol: Basta... ang ganda ng tunog. Ang lakas!! Siguro sanay na sanay na ang mga kapitbahay ni Arie sa ingay! hheh!

OAS, if you don't want your TEESE WAH... eheermmm... :lol:

Thanks to Arie and his wife para sa napakasarap na empanada and cup cakes! Yumyum!! Nakilala ko na rin sila Kulas and titser_marco... awesome guitar players.  

OO nga pla... Oas.. knows how to play.   8)
Psalms 33:3 - Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Ibanez SAS32FM, Washburn Mercury, Ibanez DE7, DOD FX17, MiAudio Crunchbox, Small Clone, Boss RV3, Digitech BadMonkey, Vox 847A, Zoom TriMetal, Fulldrive MOSFET

Offline Kulas

« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2006, 11:04:37 PM »
Quote from: knightburn
Thanks to Arie and his wife para sa napakasarap na empanada and cup cakes! Yumyum!! Nakilala ko na rin sila Kulas and titser_marco... awesome guitar players.  [/color]

OO nga pla... Oas.. knows how to play.   8)

thanks knightburn, i'm not awesome... i'm just... some. hahaha jam ulit next time!

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2006, 11:39:53 PM »
Ag3nt, you missed the fun.  I had enough fun with the Herbert so I did not attend the May 1 session at Arie's place.  Baka ikaw si Herbert Bautista lang puwede mo laruin kasi klabing ka.   :D   :D   :D   :D   :D

Oasgomez, can you tell me why I should ditch my Planet Waves cables and spend the extra dough on the Two Rock cables?  The posters here are attesting to the quality.  But don't you think an MXR Microamp can do same with increasing output and clarity?  I can also use it as a lead boost in the FX loop.  Or maybe a VHT Valvulator for that matter?

BTW, there is a "Peter Diezel is god" philosophy going on at Harmony-Central.  (what the heck)

As for wah sounds, I find my Vox Clyde McCoy RI too piercing.  Do you think a HALO inductor mod can solve the problem?  I also have the hots for a vintage Jen Mr. Crybaby that I wanna buy online.  If that works, I'll ditch my Clyde...

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2006, 05:09:04 AM »
well that answers that..

sabi ko na nga ba sa pagkain nanaman mapupunta usapan eh.

even tho i couldnt make it, kudos to oas for giving the others a chance..

love is in the air...  :oops:

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2006, 05:46:07 AM »
Alex(oasgomez),
when are you coming to Los Angeles?....we can setup an EB sa isang studio dito too....so we can all get acquainted and have a good time.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline markflo

« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2006, 05:49:46 AM »
great job! seems like you guys had a good ol' time...wish i was there as well. enjoy sa gig!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2006, 06:48:40 AM »
Your welcome to all the guys who were able to attend.  Until the next session.

Vaisteen & Machine Head,

If you have free time this week, you can drop by Arie's house.  All the stuff is still there hangang saturday.  I will go to Arie's this coming Saturday toward the late afternoon.  So the other guys who missed their opportunity can pass by.  Pre-Gig warm up for the May 6 Gweilos, East Wood, Libis of the Soul Benders featuring Deltaslim.

Sorry Alex, pero mas malupet yung chocolate cookies ni Mrs. Hipolito kesa sa amp, kaya inde ko minsan pinapansin harharhar. ;)

I liked channel 2 the most. Super versatile and ang lawak ng gain range. As for channel 3, I don't think I'll have a lot of use for it with what I play. I'm also particularly interested in the MIDI capabilities of this amp, as oas told me that it can keep your settings and have a controller recall them for you.

Thanks to arie, oas, kulas, knightburn, psychic_sushi (if I forgot someone my apologies) for sharing their thoughts on gear - particularly those I can't afford/buy in this country.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2006, 09:35:41 AM »
argh! damn! i missed this. i was in the area for practice pa naman.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2006, 09:56:09 AM »
...  I will go to Arie's this coming Saturday toward the late afternoon.  So the other guys who missed their opportunity can pass by.  Pre-Gig warm up for the May 6 Gweilos, East Wood, Libis of the Soul Benders featuring Deltaslim.

nye, bakit may "featuring" pa?!  i just do my part :-) ang boses nila Arie and Lito ang talagang feature ng band.  ive been pushing for us to do more 70s classic/folk/pop rock... Eagles, Clapton, Lynnyrd, America... altho binuo yung band to play blues gigs originally, 70s music talaga ang trip nila. nung una ako lahat kumakanta nung blues songs, pero kita mo ngayon wala na ako halos kinakanta.  tinurn-over ko na sa kanila dahil booteek ang tone ng vox nila, ako impostor lang.  if these guys can hear lito and arie belt out some Eagles voicings, baka kala nila nasa Shakeys sila! lol!

btw, kuddos to you for letting the guys check out your gear. as they say, proof of the pudding is in the tasting!

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2006, 11:07:35 AM »
man, i gotta say.. i gig a lot here and i go to a lot of gear fests but i've never seen anyone (even me) bring an AC30 to a gig.. they must reeally sacrifice arm strength for really good tone :D

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2006, 04:05:44 AM »
Quote from: jack in a vox
man, i gotta say.. i gig a lot here and i go to a lot of gear fests but i've never seen anyone (even me) bring an AC30 to a gig.. they must reeally sacrifice arm strength for really good tone :D

Never sacrifice tone for comfort... JOKE!!!  :lol:

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2006, 05:30:08 AM »
Quote from: skunkyfunk
Quote from: jack in a vox

Never sacrifice tone for comfort... JOKE!!!  :lol:

it's a true though bro.. never compromise.. hehehe

good tone is good tone.. sometimes its not for the audience to appreciate.. its for you.. you the guy using it!

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2006, 06:20:24 AM »
Sir Oas..meron pang isang Diezel Herbert na benta here o :

http://www.gitaarmarkt.nl/index.php?ct=gitvers&md=details&id=60741

pumapatak na 3000USD lang :)

bilhin mo na rin yung switcher:

http://www.gitaarmarkt.nl/index.php?ct=gitvers&md=details&id=61025

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2006, 06:36:26 AM »
Quote from: sonnyrayvaughn
Sir Oas..meron pang isang Diezel Herbert na benta here o :

http://www.gitaarmarkt.nl/index.php?ct=gitvers&md=details&id=60741

pumapatak na 3000USD lang :)

bilhin mo na rin yung switcher:

http://www.gitaarmarkt.nl/index.php?ct=gitvers&md=details&id=61025

Papa Oas, ako na lang bilhan mo ng Herbert.  Hehehehe...

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2006, 06:46:11 AM »
oY! $3000 usd lang. Oas, Pahiram mga muna ng $2999. Bayaran kita instalment, $1/day, hehe :lol:

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2006, 08:22:09 AM »
Siyempre featuring Deltaslim kasi wala ng ibang blues band dito sa Pilipinas na may dominant slide use.  You are one of a kind.  Maraming kaya kumanta pero kaunti lang ang marunong magslide.

Madami pa akong kakaining bigas pero thanks, Oas.  Sayang we don't see more of Walter Wirth -- dati sya sa Petrified Anthem and Mexicali Blues Band (which, btw, was the former blues band of Philmusic moderator/owner ;-) ).  He plays and sounds like Duane. He even looks a bit like him!

I'm happy to see a lot of new good slide players though... Zann and Reuben of Snakecharmers, Chester of Plug, etc...  Yung iba di ko pa narinig tumugtog pero I'm sure marunong din.  

Dun sa Pinoy Blues Club na tinayo namin, I hope to promote more slide guitar.  Mag clinics kami and listening sessions.

Offline extreme16199

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2006, 12:00:27 PM »
allow me to add my own little footnote to the informal meet last may 1.  it was nice to meet fellow philmusic forum members kulas, psychic_sushi, titser_marco, and knightburn (on my way out) for the first time.  it was also good to meet oasgomez, arie, and nen again after a long while.

great food, great conversation, great gear, and great playing.

cheers.

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2006, 03:14:55 PM »
Quote from: deltaslim
Dun sa Pinoy Blues Club na tinayo namin, I hope to promote more slide guitar.  Mag clinics kami and listening sessions.

its such an alien technique to me that, dati, i thought i'd learn how to play from watching you pero ang nangyayari lang is natutulala ako. wala din akong napi-pick up. :lol: :lol:

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2006, 05:31:31 PM »
I was pretty floored by the awesome stuff, I can't wait to give it all a go again, this time using oasgomez's moon guitar, a very righteous axe :)

I promise to stay longer to twiddle around more. Sunday was such a treat!

The amp was a real happening thing, I'm afraid that I wont be able to give it enough praises coz its been gosh-damned here heaps. I just love the overdrives texture, its whoomph and voice. But guys, IMHO, I wish we could crank in LOUDER! Hahaha, I understand the space limitations, plus the good relations Arie must keep with his neighbours ;) Next time, I'm looking forward to hearing it (and try it again sana) moving some earth and shaking the rafters.

I dug the way the RC Boost made Arie's tele sound rounded, like it was humbucker loaded. That little box is amazing!

And the rmc wizard wah was awesome, it hits the right frequencies, and has plenty of "chew" factor with warmth, something i seek in a wah.

Oh, the yummy empanada was "right up there" at the level of the toys ;)

It was great to meet you guys! Til next time and thanx for Sunday's great educational experience in fine tone :)
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline Tarkuz Toccata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2006, 05:42:06 PM »
Quote from: deltaslim

Anong tuning mo, standard o altered?
The common saying that the ears are the ultimate judge in music production? To some extent they certainly are, but as we are now aware, they can also be fooled extremely easily. -- "How The Ear Works" (2011) by Emmanuel Deruty