hulika

Poll

which is a better multi fx sa tingin nyo?

Nux MFX-10
4 (3.3%)
Nux MG-100
1 (0.8%)
Zoom g3
83 (69.2%)
others.
32 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: "This or That" Thread: Post all of your product comparison inquiries here  (Read 471510 times)

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: "This or That" Thread: Post all of your product comparison inquiries here
« Reply #2400 on: April 27, 2015, 03:11:08 PM »
Wilshire or Telecaster?

In terms of looks and comfort I'd really stick with the tele, I find the wilshire's neck pocket uncomfortable.

But IMHO,tone wise they're very different guitars;I'd go for a wilshire in terms of tonal versatility.
"Join the darkside,we have cookies."

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2401 on: April 27, 2015, 03:26:36 PM »
In terms of looks and comfort I'd really stick with the tele, I find the wilshire's neck pocket uncomfortable.

But IMHO,tone wise they're very different guitars;I'd go for a wilshire in terms of tonal versatility.

hmmm, interesting  8-)
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline klaide92

« Reply #2402 on: April 29, 2015, 05:24:56 AM »
Hmm .. Edwards or Schecter Japan?

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
Looking for a descent Telecaster... I'm not after a brand, just a descent, nice playability, great sounding and feel. Budget is also an issue... I saw 2 Tele and been thinking kung ano kukunin ko..

a. Squire Classic Vibe Tele (15,000) - Upon reviews its great for its price. I also tried one at Perfect Pitch, ok na ok sakin yung feel and tone. Wala ako masasabi. I can afford it and can have it now, and I don't need to sell my trusted MIJ Stratocaster which I love!

b. Fender '52 reissue Tele CIJ (30,000) - I love how it looks, very classic and vintage. And there's a "Fender" on the headstock.  :) I can afford it if I sell my Strat, and add cash. It's all stock. If I get it, I will be having 1 guitar without any backup.

So yan yung problema ko ngayon, I hate to let go the strat kasi matagal na din pinagsamahan namin, at trusted ko talaga yun. I don't have any problem with her, upgraded pickups, great feel on the neck...etc. Pero gusto ko lang mag Tele ulit, that classic Tele twang yung nakakamiss. Sulit ba yung Squire CV Tele? Iniisip ko lang dun dahil sa "Squire" na tatak sa headstock baka di ganun ka-ok.. or worth it ba yung Fender CIJ Tele 52ri that I need to give up my strat for that? Help me.....

PS. Di ko pa natry yung 52ri Tele. Thanks!
"Accomplishing the impossible is all about seeing the invisible."

- Sun Stand Still

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Looking for a descent Telecaster... I'm not after a brand, just a descent, nice playability, great sounding and feel. Budget is also an issue... I saw 2 Tele and been thinking kung ano kukunin ko..

a. Squire Classic Vibe Tele (15,000) - Upon reviews its great for its price. I also tried one at Perfect Pitch, ok na ok sakin yung feel and tone. Wala ako masasabi. I can afford it and can have it now, and I don't need to sell my trusted MIJ Stratocaster which I love!

b. Fender '52 reissue Tele CIJ (30,000) - I love how it looks, very classic and vintage. And there's a "Fender" on the headstock.  :) I can afford it if I sell my Strat, and add cash. It's all stock. If I get it, I will be having 1 guitar without any backup.

So yan yung problema ko ngayon, I hate to let go the strat kasi matagal na din pinagsamahan namin, at trusted ko talaga yun. I don't have any problem with her, upgraded pickups, great feel on the neck...etc. Pero gusto ko lang mag Tele ulit, that classic Tele twang yung nakakamiss. Sulit ba yung Squire CV Tele? Iniisip ko lang dun dahil sa "Squire" na tatak sa headstock baka di ganun ka-ok.. or worth it ba yung Fender CIJ Tele 52ri that I need to give up my strat for that? Help me.....

IMHO, swabeng swabe ang mga CV series. even better than some MIM models that I've tried.

pero kung CIJ tapos RI yung isa, so far, mga CIJ na RI na nagamit ko, solid na solid na. almost at par with the AM STDs. better pickups pa if you ask me ang RI na CIJ.

my suggestion is to try the CIJ. you'll know it naman once you hold it. :)
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus

IMHO, swabeng swabe ang mga CV series. even better than some MIM models that I've tried.

pero kung CIJ tapos RI yung isa, so far, mga CIJ na RI na nagamit ko, solid na solid na. almost at par with the AM STDs. better pickups pa if you ask me ang RI na CIJ.

my suggestion is to try the CIJ. you'll know it naman once you hold it. :)

Salamat Sir. Tignan ko muna kung ok yung CIJ. Pero sayang kasi yung Strat ko. haha. mas kailangan ko 2 guitars now, pero kung magwowork naman sakin yung CV, then I'd go for that..
Salamat!  :)

- Sun Stand Still

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Salamat Sir. Tignan ko muna kung ok yung CIJ. Pero sayang kasi yung Strat ko. haha. mas kailangan ko 2 guitars now, pero kung magwowork naman sakin yung CV, then I'd go for that..
Salamat!  :)

ako kasi paps, imho, walang major problem si CV. yung makapal lang na coating sa neck nakakailang pag pinapawisan ka. pero sound and tone wise, solido na siya.

pero tingin ko kasi paps, ibebenta mo rin yan in the future to get a fender. might as well get the fender na.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus

ako kasi paps, imho, walang major problem si CV. yung makapal lang na coating sa neck nakakailang pag pinapawisan ka. pero sound and tone wise, solido na siya.

pero tingin ko kasi paps, ibebenta mo rin yan in the future to get a fender. might as well get the fender na.

Yup sabagay. Kailangan kasi talaga sa darating na recording ng isa pang gitara for my bandmate, hehe. If ever man na kukuha ako ng Fender in the future I might sell the Strat instead to get a Fender Tele..
I do love to have 2 tele's hehehe..

Pero thanks sir sa input regarding the CV..  :) Matatagalan pa din kasi ata Fender purchase ko..madameng priorities eh other than music, kaya medyo masakit sa ngayon kumuha ng Fender..  :-(
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 03:25:13 PM by NTM »

- Sun Stand Still

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Yup sabagay. Kailangan kasi talaga sa darating na recording ng isa pang gitara for my bandmate, hehe. If ever man na kukuha ako ng Fender in the future I might sell the Strat instead to get a Fender Tele..
I do love to have 2 tele's hehehe..

Pero thanks sir sa input regarding the CV..  :) Matatagalan pa din kasi ata Fender purchase ko..madameng priorities eh other than music, kaya medyo masakit sa ngayon kumuha ng Fender..  :-(

i understand paps :) i myself dont have an actual fender as of the moment. pero syempre, dun din ako pupunta, for now, the guitars i ahve sound good, so living with it. hahahaha

if the CV works, go and get it paps! wa namang paki sa brand masyado. AMMK lagi! basta masaya ka, tapos ang usapan :D

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
i understand paps :) i myself dont have an actual fender as of the moment. pero syempre, dun din ako pupunta, for now, the guitars i ahve sound good, so living with it. hahahaha

if the CV works, go and get it paps! wa namang paki sa brand masyado. AMMK lagi! basta masaya ka, tapos ang usapan :D

Yes! AMMK! hahaha.. Hirap kasi nabibiktima ako ng pagiging "Brand conscious" hahaha

- Sun Stand Still

Offline caloyness

I have tried both guitars!

Bottomline for me,

Tone - almost the same, haven't notice that much of sound quality gap between the two.
Feels - dito na sa tingin ko nag kakatalo, the 52ri feels more premium and well built as soon as you hold it. While the CV feels more cheap? especially the glossy neck which i really hate hahaha.

Overall if budget is really an issue, go for the CV kasi mas worth it siya for the price and you don't need to sell your strat.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus

Bottomline for me,

Tone - almost the same, haven't notice that much of sound quality gap between the two.
Feels - dito na sa tingin ko nag kakatalo, the 52ri feels more premium and well built as soon as you hold it. While the CV feels more cheap? especially the glossy neck which i really hate hahaha.

Overall if budget is really an issue, go for the CV kasi mas worth it siya for the price and you don't need to sell your strat.
ayan mismo yung comments ni papa JC. ako rin nabobother dun sa neck na glossy e. kapal din daw yun as per mga luthier.

Offline NTM

• Philmusicus Addictus

Bottomline for me,

Ayos po. Salamat mga Sir! Sakin naman nagandahan ako sa glossy neck hehehe. basta mahalaga lang sakin now yung feel nya and tone.. Mukang go for CV muna ako ah..  :cute:

- Sun Stand Still

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
Gusto ko bilhin yung First Act Red Arrow sa RJ pag nag birthday sale sila. For fun lang, not a serious purchase as far as tone is concerned. Pang-opisina slash pang jam pag tinatamad electric guitar. Pero parang sayang pa rin kung sobrang hindi naman playable at sobrang pangit ng hardware. Ayoko naman yung mas mababa pa sya sa RJ quality. Yortots?

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
Gusto ko bilhin yung First Act Red Arrow sa RJ pag nag birthday sale sila. For fun lang, not a serious purchase as far as tone is concerned. Pang-opisina slash pang jam pag tinatamad electric guitar. Pero parang sayang pa rin kung sobrang hindi naman playable at sobrang pangit ng hardware. Ayoko naman yung mas mababa pa sya sa RJ quality. Yortots?

That abominable V guitar? hahaha nakakangalay yung neck,alanganing makapal,that radius was pretty off. Even for a novelty purchase sayang,4k+ ata yun if I am not mistaken?
"Join the darkside,we have cookies."

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
That abominable V guitar? hahaha nakakangalay yung neck,alanganing makapal,that radius was pretty off. Even for a novelty purchase sayang,4k+ ata yun if I am not mistaken?

yeah 4K plus yun! I was just thinking it's nice to have a tiny non-serious kiddie scale electric guitar, but if it's not even actually playable, wag na lang :| alam ko rin kasi may mini-SG si RJ dati pero ang pangit tingnan.

Offline Neku420

Line 6 Verbzilla vs TCE Hall of Fame
« Reply #2416 on: May 27, 2015, 09:45:08 AM »
Any recommendations?

I saw one of my favorite post-metal bands has a Line6 Verbzilla and it's really interesting.

But so far, I've read reviews for a good reverb pedal and TCE Hall of Fame won the hearts of many (specially guitar players who likes post-rock/post-metal).

I am aiming for the a post-rock/post-metal sound for my band.

Can you help me which is which?

Thanks Bros!

:)

"Tendrils extend from the cloudy black mass"

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: Line 6 Verbzilla vs TCE Hall of Fame
« Reply #2417 on: May 27, 2015, 11:25:54 AM »
bro, this is the same as your post regarding the FlashbackX4 VS DL4.

Compared to the HoF, The verbzilla is outdated. I do have to agree that it has a wonderful sound to it, but these can be captured via TCE HoF TonePrints.

Verbzilla's can get noisy as well due to its power hungry nature. TCE has an option for True Bypass as well. I'd go TC HoF Anyday. (i went for a zoom ms70CDR instead because it has shimmer and particle reverbs)

Offline Neku420

« Reply #2418 on: May 27, 2015, 12:07:36 PM »
Uy sir!

So I can still go with the Flashback X4 and TCE Hall of Fame both? or overkill na ba? hehe.

Malapit ko na nga makuha ung Flashback X4. just waiting for the seller na bumalik ng manila.

Sir, baka may link ka nung sinasabi mo na video on how to use the toneprint editor through ipad?

Hndi ko kasi makita.

Thanks!

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2419 on: May 27, 2015, 12:34:12 PM »
Uy sir!

So I can still go with the Flashback X4 and TCE Hall of Fame both? or overkill na ba? hehe.

Malapit ko na nga makuha ung Flashback X4. just waiting for the seller na bumalik ng manila.

Sir, baka may link ka nung sinasabi mo na video on how to use the toneprint editor through ipad?

Hndi ko kasi makita.

Thanks!

bakit naman overkill hahahahaha reverb naman eh, so go lang :D ganyan dapat setup ko kaso, mas natuwa ako sa ms70. hahaha

hanapin ko vid paps paguwi ko. bawal youtube sa work eh ahahahah

Offline Neku420

« Reply #2420 on: May 27, 2015, 12:51:08 PM »
Kung sabagay ganito naman tlgang trip ko na sound, yung dreamy, full of textures, contrast and balance. hehehehe

I also checkd ung ms 70,sarap nung ice delay at particle reverb. hehehehe.

Thanks sir!

Kht post mo lng dito yung link or pm me.

Malaking tulong ka sir! salamat tlga!

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2421 on: May 27, 2015, 05:04:24 PM »
Kung sabagay ganito naman tlgang trip ko na sound, yung dreamy, full of textures, contrast and balance. hehehehe

I also checkd ung ms 70,sarap nung ice delay at particle reverb. hehehehe.

Thanks sir!

Kht post mo lng dito yung link or pm me.

Malaking tulong ka sir! salamat tlga!

ice delay, particle reverb tska shimmer hahahaha!

yes, sir, post ko dito pag nakita ko na ulit. :)

Offline Neku420

« Reply #2422 on: May 28, 2015, 12:57:57 AM »
Thanks!

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
In your experience...ano mas versatile dito? If the player would play Pop, Rock, Funk, Jazz and Blues

a. A Gibson/Epiphone Les Paul H-H guitar na pwede coil split/coil tap (6 possible pickup combinations)
b. A Fender/Squier Strat HSS guitar (5 possible pickup combinations)

The Les Paul HH has more pickup combinations. Does that mean its more versatile?
Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline RAPFM

In your experience...ano mas versatile dito? If the player would play Pop, Rock, Funk, Jazz and Blues

a. A Gibson/Epiphone Les Paul H-H guitar na pwede coil split/coil tap (6 possible pickup combinations)
b. A Fender/Squier Strat HSS guitar (5 possible pickup combinations)

The Les Paul HH has more pickup combinations. Does that mean its more versatile?

I have a Fender Strat HSS and it's versatile. It gives me the thick humbucker sound at the same time retaining the twang of the strat. Plus you still get the single
coil on the middle and bridge pups. I tried a coil split/coil tap guitar and for me it's more like of just cutting some of the thickness of the humbucker to make way for
a little treble so you're not getting the true sound of the supposed guitar. I'm a bit biased but that's just my 2 cents.  :)