hulika

Poll

which is a better multi fx sa tingin nyo?

Nux MFX-10
4 (3.3%)
Nux MG-100
1 (0.8%)
Zoom g3
83 (69.2%)
others.
32 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: "This or That" Thread: Post all of your product comparison inquiries here  (Read 489430 times)

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Thanks sa feedback. Dami kasing nagtatanong sa kin ng mura pero magandang acoustic. Kumusta ang baby acoustic ng enya at phoebus?

IMHO, Phoebus baby acoustics sound better and feels better. the enya's are okay, however the baby versions feel a bit flimsy. feels that a wrong bump may crack it.

the phoebus tho, feels solid. and for a smaller guitar, it's pretty loud.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: "This or That" Thread: Post all of your product comparison inquiries here
« Reply #2376 on: April 06, 2015, 10:13:44 AM »
your 2 cents on D&D acoustics?

D&D Acoustics, I've only tried the slim series and their dreadnought. Django ata ang tawag dun.

for the slim series, well,its only nice when you plug it in. playing with it unplugged, it sounds pretty thin, not much body. i didnt like the neck profile mcuh as well. it has a very chunky neck.

the Django tho, sounds good. then again, its a dreadnought and I love the dread sound. construction wise,its okay, could use a little more detail and finesse, but all in all, a good guitar.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2377 on: April 06, 2015, 10:25:00 AM »
D&D Acoustics, I've only tried the slim series and their dreadnought. Django ata ang tawag dun.

for the slim series, well,its only nice when you plug it in. playing with it unplugged, it sounds pretty thin, not much body. i didnt like the neck profile mcuh as well. it has a very chunky neck.

the Django tho, sounds good. then again, its a dreadnought and I love the dread sound. construction wise,its okay, could use a little more detail and finesse, but all in all, a good guitar.

Well I guess with your comment,Phoebus is still the quick go to acoustic that I should really check. :wave: anyhow thanks mate! :wave:
"Join the darkside,we have cookies."

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2378 on: April 06, 2015, 11:25:20 AM »
Well I guess with your comment,Phoebus is still the quick go to acoustic that I should really check. :wave: anyhow thanks mate! :wave:

IMHO, yes. still depends on your preference tho. its just that upon playing, the phoebus felt right. then again, GP ensures that their gutiars are at least play worthy before having the customers test so baka nandun lang din. pero yun. so far, i've no bad experiences with the phoebus gutiars that i've used, both the entry level and top of the line guitars. the PG20 2015 model is very very good imho.

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2379 on: April 06, 2015, 11:37:10 AM »
IMHO, yes. still depends on your preference tho. its just that upon playing, the phoebus felt right. then again, GP ensures that their gutiars are at least play worthy before having the customers test so baka nandun lang din. pero yun. so far, i've no bad experiences with the phoebus gutiars that i've used, both the entry level and top of the line guitars. the PG20 2015 model is very very good imho.

I guess I have to check the phoebus,One more question though,I'am not a huge fan of acoustic pickups but setting up three mics for a single performance can be cumbersome,that's why I would like to make a purchase for an aftermarket set of pickups, I'm eyeing on the elliot lemis's that GP is offering because it looks very discrete but I just want to check as well if I have another option I'd be putting it on two of my acoustic which are Ibanez' AW400 and AW65.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:42:38 AM by j.nikko3123 »

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2380 on: April 06, 2015, 11:44:56 AM »
I guess I have to check the phoebus,One more question though,I'am not a huge fan of acoustic pickups but setting up three mics for a single performance can be cumbersome,that's why I would like to make a purchase for an aftermarket set of pickups, I'm eyeing on the elliot lemis's that GP is offering because it looks very discrete but I just want to check as well if I have another option I'd be putting it on two of my acoustic which are Ibanez' AW400 and AW65.

price wise, the Elliot Lemi's can't be beat. very natural sounding especially if plugged into an acoustic amp. if you listen to my recordings via soundcloud, most of those are with the lemi's. i also have a clip to demo the lemi's there. do check it out. hope it helps!

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2381 on: April 06, 2015, 11:47:33 AM »

price wise, the Elliot Lemi's can't be beat. very natural sounding especially if plugged into an acoustic amp. if you listen to my recordings via soundcloud, most of those are with the lemi's. i also have a clip to demo the lemi's there. do check it out. hope it helps!

:mrgreen: alright! thanks!

Offline anjoesatriani

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2382 on: April 07, 2015, 08:58:52 PM »
I'm not sure if it's asked before. (acoustic newbie question)

Is there a huge/slight/noticeable difference between an acoustic guitar with and without cutaway?
For example: Phoebus PG 40 vs PG 40C

thanks!  :)

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2383 on: April 08, 2015, 09:04:30 AM »

New Phoebus guitar, or hook up my Yamaha F-330 with an Elliot Lemi (plus boring a hole into the body for the jack)
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2384 on: April 08, 2015, 10:47:41 AM »
I'm not sure if it's asked before. (acoustic newbie question)

Is there a huge/slight/noticeable difference between an acoustic guitar with and without cutaway?
For example: Phoebus PG 40 vs PG 40C

thanks!  :)

i notice a difference in their overall sound. pero it varies from guitar to guitar. for example, i tried a 2 takamines, the one without the cut sounded fuller to my ears.

ang nagiging malaki difference as I noticed is pag may preamp na nakabit sa gitara (binutasan yung guitar for the preamp) nawawalan talaga ng low end for me pag nabutasan for the preamp. then again, you can compensate for the loss with heavier strings 12/13 :D

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2385 on: April 08, 2015, 10:49:51 AM »
New Phoebus guitar, or hook up my Yamaha F-330 with an Elliot Lemi (plus boring a hole into the body for the jack)

both. just get a different shaped phoebus. the OM Models are awesome btw.

Offline bejiboys

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: "This or That" Thread
« Reply #2386 on: April 17, 2015, 01:36:15 PM »
Opinion needed:  Combo Practice Amp - Line 6 Spider IV 30 vs. Fender Mustang I?

I dabble playing guitar once in a while.  I currently do not have a practice amp and currently use my 30W bass amp  :-o

Any opinion on what which one to pick among the two as they are now almost equally priced (Spider IV 30 on SSOS sale for Php7990).  My preference is towards more clean sounds. 

Mustang uses a 10" custom speaker while Line 6 uses a 12" Celestion and has 10W more power. FUSE seems to be a very convenient feature. Home studio/den is around 36sqm.  Would audition these soon if time permits.

Feedbacks from anyone who had experience with these practice amps are much appreciated. Thanks.

Offline j.nikko3123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2387 on: April 17, 2015, 02:15:38 PM »
Opinion needed:  Combo Practice Amp - Line 6 Spider IV 30 vs. Fender Mustang I?

I dabble playing guitar once in a while.  I currently do not have a practice amp and currently use my 30W bass amp  :-o

Any opinion on what which one to pick among the two as they are now almost equally priced (Spider IV 30 on SSOS sale for Php7990).  My preference is towards more clean sounds. 

Mustang uses a 10" custom speaker while Line 6 uses a 12" Celestion and has 10W more power. FUSE seems to be a very convenient feature. Home studio/den is around 36sqm.  Would audition these soon if time permits.

Feedbacks from anyone who had experience with these practice amps are much appreciated. Thanks.

IMO line 6 produces more articulate tones than the mustang. DSP wise, mustang's on-board effects, especially the modulations,sounds like someone is sucking some huge cow's balls;that's how bad it is. But then again this is just me and how my ears hears it.  :idea:

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2388 on: April 17, 2015, 03:20:51 PM »
IMO line 6 produces more articulate tones than the mustang. DSP wise, mustang's on-board effects, especially the modulations,sounds like someone is sucking some huge cow's balls;that's how bad it is. But then again this is just me and how my ears hears it.  :idea:

I agree. the Line6 ha better sims. and you cant beet the speaker size and extra power. the extra wattage gives you more headroom. easier to get louder without driving the amp. sweet cleans. :D

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2389 on: April 17, 2015, 05:32:56 PM »
I agree. the Line6 ha better sims. and you cant beet the speaker size and extra power. the extra wattage gives you more headroom. easier to get louder without driving the amp. sweet cleans. :D

And "some" say that a Line6 amp can smoke any Mesa Boogie any day  ^-^
“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2390 on: April 17, 2015, 05:38:06 PM »
Pati ba mga basketball court kaya rin sunugin nun line6 amp?  :idea:
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2391 on: April 17, 2015, 05:40:48 PM »
Pati ba mga basketball court kaya rin sunugin nun line6 amp?  :idea:

Venues are another story to begin with  :-D
“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2392 on: April 17, 2015, 05:57:45 PM »

mali ka paps Cy, its the Cliche'd Dual Rectifier.

at papa boxedking, pangit ang venue, pangit yung tech kaya pangit tone.

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2393 on: April 17, 2015, 06:06:12 PM »
mali ka paps Cy, its the Cliche'd Dual Rectifier.

at papa boxedking, pangit ang venue, pangit yung tech kaya pangit tone.
Wag naman sana pangit din yun gitarista.  :lol:
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline Deemed06

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2394 on: April 27, 2015, 10:44:02 AM »
What do you guys think about the mooer hustle drive (ocd fulltone clone)?  TIA!  :-D

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2395 on: April 27, 2015, 11:27:00 AM »
What do you guys think about the mooer hustle drive (ocd fulltone clone)?  TIA!  :-D

IMHO, too fizzy for standalone drive. best if coupled with another dirt pedal. very nice to use as boost.

Offline Deemed06

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2396 on: April 27, 2015, 12:28:45 PM »
IMHO, too fizzy for standalone drive. best if coupled with another dirt pedal. very nice to use as boost.
how was this clone sounds compared to the ocd fulltone? and yeah as boost also.

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2397 on: April 27, 2015, 12:34:28 PM »
how was this clone sounds compared to the ocd fulltone? and yeah as boost also.

some settings were close, but all in all, it had a different voice. it isnt an exact clone.

Offline Deemed06

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2398 on: April 27, 2015, 01:20:20 PM »
some settings were close, but all in all, it had a different voice. it isnt an exact clone.
Thanks for the feedback, the reason I am keen to try this pedal is because of it's size, Space friendly and it's also cheap.

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2399 on: April 27, 2015, 02:59:13 PM »
Wilshire or Telecaster?
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili