hulika

Author Topic: Eraserheads reunion concert 2008 - IS PUSHING THROUGH!!!  (Read 119669 times)

Offline jonasm_16

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Eraserheads reunion concert 2008
« Reply #300 on: August 06, 2008, 07:48:49 PM »
Ticket ticket ticket!!!

Offline dyugs666

« Reply #301 on: August 07, 2008, 12:56:10 AM »
In fairness, I've seen people who've turned down huge sums because of self-respect for their music.

Blur refused to have "Song 2" used by the US Air Force (or Navy) to be the theme song to unveil their newest fighter jet, despite being offered huge sums of money.

Greg Rollie said that he would not go back to Journey (with the new 'corporate rock' style) even if offered a million dollars.  They used to play fusion, and he couldn't take the "sell-out" type Journey.

Frank Zappa told Rolling Stone "Why do you want my face on the cover to sell your magazine?"

I am not a hypocrite to say I won't accept those huge amounts to 'reunite' with my former bandmates, it's just that I think it'll be a big stretch for me to rehearse, interact, and perform with my bandmates when there is tension going around.  And the audience can perceive that...

Walang Pinoy doon sa mga binanggit mo!  :wink:
@jugsjugsjugs on Twitter and Instagram

Offline AthanVai

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #302 on: August 07, 2008, 01:49:56 AM »

yup... and im assuming they're all pretty much well-off.  :-)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #303 on: August 07, 2008, 02:05:09 AM »

Yup I know.  It just proves that the situation is SOOOOOOOO different here.  I mean, it is not surprising that one Pinoy metalhead singer starts crooning a beerhouse hit.  It is not surprising that Pinoy metal dudes eventually perform variety.  It is not surprising that a lot of Pinoy RNB and Pop artists do what they do despite a strong love for Rock music. 

Bottomline is, I am not surprised that the 'heads are doing it primarily because they are getting paid much, much more than 3 years gruel work on the road.  But granting that it were easy to make money in the music biz,  do you think they would reunite? 

Offline tito rens

« Reply #304 on: August 07, 2008, 12:27:06 PM »
Hey guys, I saw this from another Forum:

Philip Morris sponsorship of rock concert violates law--DoH

By Katherine Evangelista
INQUIRER.net
First Posted 19:02:00 08/06/2008

MANILA, Philippines—The Department of Health (DoH) said Philip Morris International Inc. has violated the Philippine tobacco law by sponsoring a rock band concert.

The DoH and other health groups were “exploring possibilities” of filing charges against the cigarette firm for sponsoring the Eraserheads Reunion Concert on August 30.

Philip Morris chief executive officer Louis C. Camilleri confirmed in a letter dated July 30 that the company will sponsor the concert, said Dr. Maricar Limpin, chairperson of the Council on Tobacco or Health and Air Pollution.

But Camilleri argued the concert was by “invitation only” and open only to adults who have registered online to Marlboro’s mailing list or the “Red List,” Limpin said, quoting the tobacco executive’s letter addressed to Matthew Myers of Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids (CTFC).

“Invitations cannot be purchased and are not transferable. Controls will be in place at all entry points to the event to ensure that only persons with invitations are allowed to enter and to verify that they are adults by double checking their government-issued IDs,” Camilleri said in his letter.

Health Undersecretary Alexander Padilla said Philip Morris violated Republic Act 9211 or the Tobacco Regulation Act of 2003, which prohibits tobacco advertising from sponsoring events like concerts.

Section 26 of RA 9211 states that starting July 1, 2008, cigarette manufacturers are “prohibited from sponsoring any sport, concert, cultural art or event, as well as individual and team athletes, artists, or performers where such sponsorship shall require or involve the advertisement or promotion of any cigarette or tobacco company, tobacco product or tobacco use, name, logo or trademarks and other words, symbols, designs, colors or other depictions commonly associated with or likely to identify with a tobacco product.”

Limpin said Philip Morris’ marketing strategy is “treachery at its worse” since one has to be a smoker or claim to be one in order to watch the concert.

“Even if Philip Morris does not put its brand name on any poster, billboard or material related to the Eraserheads concert, the public knows that to watch the concert, one has to be a member of the Marlboro Red List,” Limpin said.

To be included in the mailing list, one has to specify his or her brand of is cigarette, Limpin said, adding the online applicant also needs to submit contact information where Philip Morris can send promotional materials.

The DoH, the CTFC and other groups appealed to members of Eraserheads to reject Philip Morris’ sponsorship of the reunion concert.

“Considered one of the most influential bands in the country, Eraserheads has become a role model of sorts for our young, I hopes they will rise up to the challenge, do more than play music and help young Filipinos reach their potential—which they cannot achieve when they’re ill, or worse, dead,” Limpin said.

Padilla on the other hand, called on the organizers of the concert to “disassociate” themselves from products which are “killers.”

“Heed the law and help veer the youth to more productive activities,” Padilla said.

I think it also says a lot why there's no action on the Marlboro site.

I suggest we circulate this news article and make our voices heard about the concert NOT being a violation of the Tobacco Regulation Act so the concert can push through as planned.

the race for perfection has no finish line

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #305 on: August 07, 2008, 12:39:04 PM »
i heard this from the news..hay....there i was actually expecting this when it came out that Phillip Morris will sponsor the event. 

i honestly don't know how this will not be a violation of the Tobacco Regulation Act...the provision of the RA seems to apply. :-(
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline dyugs666

« Reply #306 on: August 07, 2008, 12:44:25 PM »
Yup I know.  It just proves that the situation is SOOOOOOOO different here.  I mean, it is not surprising that one Pinoy metalhead singer starts crooning a beerhouse hit.  It is not surprising that Pinoy metal dudes eventually perform variety.  It is not surprising that a lot of Pinoy RNB and Pop artists do what they do despite a strong love for Rock music. 

Bottomline is, I am not surprised that the 'heads are doing it primarily because they are getting paid much, much more than 3 years gruel work on the road.  But granting that it were easy to make money in the music biz,  do you think they would reunite? 

The sad fact is that it ISN'T easy to make money in the local music biz.
It never will be... because of the small market (and of course, piracy).
In the US or Europe, all you need is one hit song, and you're made for life.
We don't have that luxury.  :|

By the way, look at it from a different angle:
What if, because of this concert (plus their rehearsals, photoshoots, whatever), they become friends again, and one day make an album again or at least have another reunion concert "not for the money"?
It is possible.

Wouldn't that make this reunion concert on Aug.30 much much more special???  :wink:

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #307 on: August 07, 2008, 01:08:55 PM »
FROM AN INSIDER (or sumthin)

last monday the erserheads met and rehearsed for the first time.

nobody knew what to expect. it was a little uncomfortable since we
havent communicated for a long time. but im pleased to announce that
the band was playing better than i ever remembered. i guess we all did
our homework haha.

i wont say how many songs we finished but it was a lot. there was a
lot of drums and no drama.

raym<s>

Offline khaffalmhoukz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #308 on: August 07, 2008, 01:34:25 PM »
So far, they're rehearsing...  and their sponsor's being threatened... There are still no clear detail on the tickets (though the most apparent theory is that the reunion concert is just a company affair of Philip Morris for their employees and the "red list" which is prohibited to minors like me  :cry: :cry: :cry:... so I shall ask, how much is a fake id in Recto?)

Sir Dyugs, do you have a ticket for the E-heads concert?

Offline dyugs666

« Reply #309 on: August 07, 2008, 02:10:43 PM »
So far, they're rehearsing...  and their sponsor's being threatened... There are still no clear detail on the tickets (though the most apparent theory is that the reunion concert is just a company affair of Philip Morris for their employees and the "red list" which is prohibited to minors like me  :cry: :cry: :cry:... so I shall ask, how much is a fake id in Recto?)

Sir Dyugs, do you have a ticket for the E-heads concert?

Marlboro said that all the bands who ever played for them will get a golden ticket.
If not, i'm hoping one of the four will put me and my GF on their guest list ;)

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #310 on: August 07, 2008, 02:28:51 PM »

Seriously? I bet they would. eh kung The Police nagkasama ulit kahit nagbubugan backstage dati, kung ang Eagles nagbalikan kahit maraming ego, ano pa kaya Eheads?

Never underestimate the power of missing your own ex-bandmates. Seryoso, I would have loved to play with Dale Ibay again - we used to be in a band together (Cookies for Kids). I heard he had gotten sick lately, and I regret that I haven't been able to jam with him again. Kahit ibang-iba tugtugan ko ngayon, I still want to play the basslines of the original songs we did back then - or learn his new ones. Iba na ang may pinagsamahan. Even if we had our differences, he was still my bandmate. Same with Inky de Dios (OBS/Brigada). we go a long ways back, high school pa, and kahit anong sabihin, kahit siguro nag away kami ng matindi (which we didn't), I would still like to play bass with him on the keyboards - which we did for some of the ToD Siege tour dates, when I played for OBS! It was so much fun, ang doon pa rin yung chemistry.

I firmly believe that even John and Paul would have eventually allowed a reunion, had John lived long enough.

So why not an Eheads reunion, for whatever reason? rather than focusing on all negativity, why don't you just focus on the music - kaya naman kayo nahilig sa Eheads di ba, kasi gumawa sila ng tugtugin na naging musika ng buhay ninyo?

eh kung puro "bakit kaya sila nag reunion, pera lang pala" ang iniisip ninyo...eh di huwag na kayong pumunta, as I keep on saying. Leave them alone, they're not kids anymore, and they've made their choices in life...which is no one's business except their own and their families.

Sorry kung nagbuhos ako ng sama ng loob ng kaunti, wala na ata nakikita ang maraming tao dito sa forums kundi ang negatibong aspects. parang ayaw tingnan ang other side of the coin: the eraserheads are playing together again, if only for one night. isn't that what's supposed to matter?

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #311 on: August 07, 2008, 04:20:28 PM »
 :lol:

+9183721764812749124901841 kay BassCog. sapul na sapul.

dati, kating-kati ang mga tao na magreunion na sila. ngayon namang magrereunion na kahit isang gabi lang, hahanapan naman ng butas.

pag nagregister ba ko sa RedList na yan, mababago ba niyan ang utak ko at magyosi na rin? ano ako, tange?

haynaku. susulong talaga tayo Pilipinas. sana lang talaga.  :-D
Ows? Di nga?

Offline AthanVai

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #312 on: August 07, 2008, 04:31:09 PM »
to each his own lang mga bros... no need for much drama.  :wink:

some of us here would like an eraserheads reunion where they are actually friends again. we feel na mas dama ang musika pag ganun. that's just me at least.

some of you naman are totally fine with the reunion as it is. a cigarette company sponsored one. fine. we honestly hope you enjoy the concert, na most likely you will naman.

this is a forum. we discuss. we share our points of view.  :wink:

Offline jhaystrat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #313 on: August 07, 2008, 05:34:07 PM »
teka, panu ba makakabili ticket? register online? bili sa ticketworld? pano? wala paba definite answers?

Offline Dugs3

• Veteran Member
« Reply #314 on: August 07, 2008, 06:11:01 PM »
Yun nga eh ,  hanggang ngayon clueless pa din kung saan makakakuha ng ticket ... Sana update na nila yung mga fans kasi malapit na mag Aug 30 ...

Offline Thechief

« Reply #315 on: August 07, 2008, 10:46:36 PM »
naku naku naku di pwedeng di matuloy to.. madami magwawala!   :evil:

Offline anoemous

• Veteran Member
« Reply #316 on: August 08, 2008, 01:36:44 AM »
isa ako dun  :x
Lurking Philmusic since 2006

Offline xavier

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #317 on: August 08, 2008, 03:29:36 PM »
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 03:09:55 AM by xavier »

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #318 on: August 08, 2008, 06:01:06 PM »
IMO, if i was only in it for the money, bakit pa ako magrerehearse?  :-)

If I remember it correctly:

"I am paid to practice, but when I am onstage, I play for free..." - Deltaslim

Offline Dugs3

• Veteran Member
« Reply #319 on: August 08, 2008, 06:46:40 PM »
Iba pa din yung feeling pag love mo yung ginagawa mo and at the same time you're being paid well ...

Peace and Much Love !!!

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #320 on: August 09, 2008, 04:30:54 AM »

By the way, look at it from a different angle:
What if, because of this concert (plus their rehearsals, photoshoots, whatever), they become friends again, and one day make an album again or at least have another reunion concert "not for the money"?
It is possible.

Wouldn't that make this reunion concert on Aug.30 much much more special???  :wink:

good point.. and im crossing my fingers! :wink:

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #321 on: August 09, 2008, 10:29:18 AM »
katatapos lang daw magpa-press con ng Philip Morris. eto ilang mga detalye.

source: Philippine Star

-Access to the event is age-restricted, strictly by invitation only, and
is intended for members of PMPMI's adult smokers' database,
trade and business partners, and selected adult guests.

-Invites to the event will be distributed exclusively through
PMPMI's website, www.marlboro.com.ph, which is restricted only to
persons 18 years old and above.

-Invites will be issued free of charge, with a corresponding control
number, and will be non-transferable.

-For admission to the event venue itself, invitees are required to
present the personalized invite containing their name and birth date and
a corresponding government-issued ID for verification.

-The event will be held on August 30 at the Bonifacio Global City open
grounds in Taguig City.

Andaming tao nag-uunahan

Kala mo naman mauubusan

Dahan-dahan sa tulakan

'Di niyo ba alam ngayon ay...

-Peace It Together

:-D
Ows? Di nga?

Offline Dugs3

• Veteran Member
« Reply #322 on: August 09, 2008, 11:39:44 AM »
If they say na it's an invitation only for members .. meaning , ayaw nila yung mga "kids" na pumupunta lang ng gig para manggulo na maging cause ng problema ... Anyway , this is just a "one night only" event for the eheads so they might have thought na it's not going to hurt not opening the venue to the public ... They already paid the band an amount which they will not earn in one night di ba ?!
I think gusto lang nila ma-control yung crowd and siguro , siguro lang ..
Nakapag register na ako sa Marlboro pero kailangan ko pa magpa scan ng government ID and submit sa site nila para ma complete yung registration ...

Long live the music of the eheads !!!

Peace !

Offline chip

« Reply #323 on: August 09, 2008, 11:42:59 AM »

ei guys may blita nb f ng start n cl mg rehearse..?

xcited nko mkita cl together ulit!!!

yes...sa kamuning daw :-)

Offline JaPoSkEE

« Reply #324 on: August 09, 2008, 07:40:26 PM »
Sobrang fan talaga ko ng EHEADS pero parang di ko yata kayang mag-yosi para lang sa concert na yun......

..... hmmm kamtutinkopit.....

... Haha!!  :-D

Sana kasi Condom na lang o kaya Pepsi nagsponsor ng event. Hehe!!

Swerte naman ng mga smokers. Eto pala "masamang epekto" ng taong walang-bisyo. Hehe...  :-D
www.facebook.com/paranoidcity

SUPPORT INDIE BANDS!!