hulika

Author Topic: Eraserheads reunion concert 2008 - IS PUSHING THROUGH!!!  (Read 119651 times)

Offline BenChingCo

• Veteran Member
Re: Eraserheads reunion concert 2008 - IS PUSHING THROUGH!!!
« Reply #525 on: August 30, 2008, 09:34:03 PM »
yup d2 pa ko sa work... 10pm pa out ko... try kong sumilip dun... d2 lng nman ako sa ayala eh... sna my maabutan pa khit sa labas ok na... hehe...

Offline your_guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #526 on: August 30, 2008, 09:43:14 PM »
buti ka pa.  ako graveyard.  can't afford umabsent, dami ko ng absents.   hehehe

enjoy un panigurado

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #527 on: August 30, 2008, 10:16:44 PM »
i would've loved to attend, but can't afford kahit na wala akong pasok...

damn, two big concerts this year na di ko napanood.  first one being incubus' return gig last march...no, make that three kasi may pasok ako sa gig ng 3eb...  :|
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline your_guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #528 on: August 30, 2008, 11:07:00 PM »
Teka teka.  can anyone confirm?  may nag text kse sakin inatake daw si Ely?  wag naman sana. 

Offline babychoy

« Reply #529 on: August 30, 2008, 11:17:48 PM »
Heto po ang balita from PDI: click here

Offline snow09

« Reply #530 on: August 30, 2008, 11:25:37 PM »
oo yan nga nangyari.
play the music, not the instrument

Offline your_guy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #531 on: August 30, 2008, 11:29:47 PM »

Oh man.  Wish you all the best Ely!

Offline roan

« Reply #532 on: August 30, 2008, 11:33:52 PM »
totoo nga po..  :-(

Offline Stay Defiant

« Reply #533 on: August 31, 2008, 12:30:39 AM »
paki-post po yung setlist nila please
...must not sleep...must warn others.

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #534 on: August 31, 2008, 12:36:53 AM »
as far as i can remember, there were 15 songs, eto ang mga naalala ko

alapaap(1st song), sembreak, kailan, fruitcake, hey jay, shake yer head, with a smile, kamasupra, kaliwete, huwag mo ng itanong, lightyears (last song, after nito napaupo or napaluhod na si ely at tinulungan na tumayo).
aaarrgghhhh... may nakalimutan ata ako.  :-D

ely is in good condition na according to the latest news update

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/117229/(Update)-Ely-Buendia-rushed-to-hospital-Eraserheads-reunion-concert-cut-short
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 12:57:29 AM by jamming_papu »
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #535 on: August 31, 2008, 01:13:19 AM »
ayus sulit na sulit 1.3k ko hehehe 3 songs lang inabutan ko  :-D

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #536 on: August 31, 2008, 01:25:54 AM »
what happened to Ely was really unfortunate.  it's good to know that all is well with him. 

yun lang nga, parang nalugi naman yung mga audience.  ticket prices were supposed to be for 2 long sets.  i hope the producer will do something about this.
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline supernaut

• Veteran Member
« Reply #537 on: August 31, 2008, 02:12:42 AM »
yup, it was unfortunate that the concert was cut short because of what happened to ely but what can we do, understand na lang, at least naka more than 10 songs sila and ok na si ely.  sulit na rin yun :-)
PISINGYAMINUNAMUNAN....

Offline oluap

« Reply #538 on: August 31, 2008, 02:23:20 AM »
received text from pupil insider... he is ok now....

lets all pray for his health...

here is inside info:

after singing fruitcake (last song before intermission), ely sat down on stage and needed assistance to go to backstage... once backstage, he lay on his back and was really not feeling well..buddy saw him when he just when paramedics were getting his blood pressure and stuff within 5 mins, stretchers were there to bring him to hospital...he had chest pains due to overfatigue...

lets commend the guy...he was not feeling well the whole time but then he still finished first set and was even shouting and enjoying it...

there's an interview of raims and buds at tv patrol..all is ok between the three of them...all these tragedies are actually keeping them closer (sorry for the reference)...the whole band visited ely's mom before she passed away...they even visited her wake...

relax people....there might a 2nd 1st time reunion 

Offline renz_sui

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #539 on: August 31, 2008, 02:24:56 AM »
The starting bass line from Alapaap really gave the chill up my spine kahit asa 844 ticket lang ako. Although bitin, I was thankful that I saw and heard them on stage. Long live e-heads.

Nga pala, Jazz of Itchyworms guessed as percussionist/keyboardist.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 02:26:57 AM by renz_sui »

Offline ninejuicyjulius

• Banned from AGT
« Reply #540 on: August 31, 2008, 02:40:04 AM »
grabe. ika nga ni raims kanina, i dunno what to say. mixed emotions. :|

eto na lang: ang swerteeeeeeeee ni jazz!!! grabe. the 5th eraserhead kahit isang gabi lang.  :-D
Ows? Di nga?

Offline Stompbox

« Reply #541 on: August 31, 2008, 02:58:02 AM »
Sa ibang forums may mga nagko-comment about the Heads' seeming lack of interaction.

Guys: the Eheads were never crowd-friendly in the showbiz way ever since.  Sa lagay kanina, Ely was already being very happy.

When Ely sat on the stage before the lights went down I thought it was one of those "artistic moments" (naka-focus yugn camera sa kanya), or pissed because Marcus' monitors and setup kept on malfunctioning.  Yun pala he wasn't feeling well already.

Cheers, Ely.  Cheers to Raims, Buddy, and Marcus.

At the same time though, I personally had the feeling (shared by other musicians I was this) that we were looking at four separate self-made individuals.  The original "group chemistry" the way we knew it was no longer there.  Instead we were looking at the local music scene's version of the Justice League--separate powerhouses banding together. Or something like that.

Stompworks Studios :: motion graphics.visual effects.web design.print     http://www.stompworks-studios.com

STEREODEAL  http://www.myspace.com/stereodeal

Offline adidas ni hudas

• Veteran Member
« Reply #542 on: August 31, 2008, 03:57:05 AM »
katatapos lang ng set namin..,then the bassist of the neks band ang nagsabi  about the sad news.... na-receive nya lang din yun message...
akala ko it was i joke lang.. so wen i got home ... i rush to my pc and confirm it...
ayun..,totoo pala...tsk tsk tsk...good thing is okey na sya..

thanks for the updates guys ..

mas maganda kung may part 2..(pagmagaling na talaga sya)

for sure panonoorin ko na yun ..

i passed my drugtest !!    "get high legally"   "live positive..test negative"

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #543 on: August 31, 2008, 06:14:50 AM »
Sa ibang forums may mga nagko-comment about the Heads' seeming lack of interaction.
Guys: the Eheads were never crowd-friendly in the showbiz way ever since.  Sa lagay kanina, Ely was already being very happy.
When Ely sat on the stage before the lights went down I thought it was one of those "artistic moments" (naka-focus yugn camera sa kanya), or pissed because Marcus' monitors and setup kept on malfunctioning.  Yun pala he wasn't feeling well already.
Cheers, Ely.  Cheers to Raims, Buddy, and Marcus.
At the same time though, I personally had the feeling (shared by other musicians I was this) that we were looking at four separate self-made individuals.  The original "group chemistry" the way we knew it was no longer there.  Instead we were looking at the local music scene's version of the Justice League--separate powerhouses banding together. Or something like that.

I concur with that. While they were all playing well as individuals, I didn't get to feel the "lock" when it comes to playing as a band. It's probably also a function of how the stage was set up - each one in their own instrumental bubble/stage. Add to that the fact that it may still have felt somehow awkward to be doing the concert, and well, there you go.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #544 on: August 31, 2008, 08:33:57 AM »
those who commented on the Eheads lack of interaction never watched an Eheads concert before.  andami na ngang hinirit ni Ely ng lagay na yun kagabi eh.  :-D

i think the chemistry was okay...considering that they are playing together for the 1st time in 8 (?) years. 

ang bilis lang talaga ni Raimund sa Toyang. :lol:
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline aaronzipagan

« Reply #545 on: August 31, 2008, 08:38:57 AM »
those who commented on the Eheads lack of interaction never watched an Eheads concert before.  andami na ngang hinirit ni Ely ng lagay na yun kagabi eh.  :-D

i think the chemistry was okay...considering that they are playing together for the 1st time in 8 (?) years. 

ang bilis lang talaga ni Raimund sa Toyang. :lol:

pansin ko nga yun, kasi yung makita ko yung mukha nya parang hirap narin sya sa bilis.. hehehe
...Seemed to me that drumming was the best way to get close to God...<br /><br />http://profiles.friendster.com/aaronzipagan

Offline edzpen

« Reply #546 on: August 31, 2008, 10:18:18 AM »
Sa toyang, iniba nila kasi yung areglo on certain parts, pinabilis nila ng konti sa isang part, dun sa last part, mukhang napabilis nga si raimund pati rin si marcus..

Offline aaronzipagan

« Reply #547 on: August 31, 2008, 10:32:29 AM »
pero astig parin... post ko mga ilang pic na nakunan ko sa concert

eto yung 20minutes break, paglbas nilang tatlo hindi na pala itutuloy dahil sa nangyare kay ely :-(

...Seemed to me that drumming was the best way to get close to God...<br /><br />http://profiles.friendster.com/aaronzipagan

Offline rajhan lennon

• Veteran Member
« Reply #548 on: August 31, 2008, 10:51:57 AM »
para sa akin, importanteng natuloy at pinagbigan naman tyong lahat ni Ely, para sa akin sulitn nmn kasi nkalibre nmn ako sa vip list ni marcus  :lol: nakita ko sa itsura nilang lahat nung announcement to cut the concert, mukhang bitin din silang tatlo (raims,buddy and marcus) at nalulungkot din pero its  gud to know dat Ely is fine now ^_^ sana lang may part 2 at sana may dvd release din  :-)

im a real nowhere walrus

Offline aaronzipagan

« Reply #549 on: August 31, 2008, 11:00:37 AM »
para sa akin, importanteng natuloy at pinagbigan naman tyong lahat ni Ely, para sa akin sulitn nmn kasi nkalibre nmn ako sa vip list ni marcus  :lol: nakita ko sa itsura nilang lahat nung announcement to cut the concert, mukhang bitin din silang tatlo (raims,buddy and marcus) at nalulungkot din pero its  gud to know dat Ely is fine now ^_^ sana lang may part 2 at sana may dvd release din  :-)

parehas pala tayo na nasa guest list ni marcus.. hehehe