hulika

Author Topic: First Ever Diezel Herbert in the Philippines  (Read 122310 times)

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
First Ever Diezel Herbert in the Philippines
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2006, 11:44:58 PM »
well... whatever the problem is, it's like we're hitting a brick wall. lol!

in a way, the accounts of the people defending the guy makes the whole issue more bizarre, if not worse, if you ask me. personally, i'd rather deal with a braggart rather than a weirdo with "issues" (and boy, am i dealing with quite a few of these lately :lol:). not that i'm saying Alex is either, of course.  :lol:
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2006, 11:54:58 PM »
Quote from: Al_Librero

in a way, the accounts of the people defending the guy makes the whole issue more bizarre, if not worse, if you ask me. personally, i'd rather deal with a braggart rather than a weirdo with "issues" (and boy, am i dealing with quite a few of these lately :lol:). not that i'm saying Alex is either, of course.  :lol:

hhhmmm... is it because he's both? hehe :)
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2006, 12:03:06 AM »
oasgomez is just being oasgomez. C'mon, enjoy the fun.  ;)

I would like to add that it could have been interesting to have tried the Herbert with two 4x12 cabs with greenbacks.  Maybe you can nail the perfect Plexi sound on Channel 2?  BTW, 180W is friggin' loud.

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2006, 12:07:46 AM »
Quote from: sonnyrayvaughn
Quote from: stratman1
MOre gain? Really? Hmmm... wonder, wonder. I agree with your # 2 gripe, $4.1K. That's a lot of dough.

tcha..kamahal na pala ng Diesel ngayon. ano to per gallon?

pa korni epek lang.

That's a good one, preng sonny. You made a funny :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2006, 12:08:23 AM »
6L6's are the same tube type as 5881's... 5881 number was just used because it used to be only available as a military tube...maybe there are differences in "current" or "voltage" with 6l6's but, so are all other 6l6 types naman are different with each other...

now for Fender with EL34's.. meron ba nun?

Actually, 5881s and 6L6s are direct-drops, but 5881s are 25W tubes while 6L6's are 30W tubes.  My tube handbook says it.

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2006, 12:14:13 AM »
Quote from: vinCe-uv7bk
sabagay your also right hay sana ala na gulo party nalng tayo lahat  :lol:

Oo mga, party nalang tayo. Kung nasa Pinas kayo meron silang Jam Eb sa 25. Kung nasa So Cal kayo meron kaming Jam Eb din sa 25. Tara na at mag saya.  \:D/  :-({|=  :lol:

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2006, 12:16:56 AM »
he really ment for you to try it. Oasgomez is trying to stress out that Not all high price/known amps sound good. Based on his experience he is just trying to help us out so that we dnt waste our money on "branded" expensive amps. A big factor also would be the listeners taste. He usualy holds a tone party thing with arie. seriously he's a generous guy. In a way he would let people try out his high end toys for people to understand and get the feel of these high end amps. He is not boasting or showing off that he's rich or has alot of toys but simply he just wants to share his amps. honestly the vox amp 2x12 and the mesa boogie at aries place is actualy Oasgomez amps. its been with arie for over a year already. so peace na mnga tao LOL alah na gulo hOkeh?  :lol:

Wala naman sanang problem Vince. maybe just a problem of articulation on Mr.Gomez side. Nandon na tayo na he is voicing out his opinions, but you can do it naman without sounding like youre bragging. take it this way, youre eating your favorite hamburger tapos I came along and say: "Vince, ano ba yang hamburger na kinakain mo,thats [gooey brown stuff] man!?"
pero in your opinion naman your burger is quite good tasting, how would you take that?

I am sure he is a cool and kind guy in person, but it seems pag nasa forums/internet na sya, nagtratransform sya into something else. para syang Jekyll & Hyde( not the overdrive ha) hehe.

Anader astute obserbasyon there, my prend sonny. It's not the intellectual and informative knowledge that he wants us to hear. It's the presentation of those knowledge that ticks the people here :lol:

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2006, 12:17:48 AM »
Quote from: fretburner
Quote from: Al_Librero

hhhmmm... is it because he's both? hehe :)

Fretburner... now, that's funny and witty at the same time :lol:

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2006, 12:21:10 AM »
Quote from: skunkyfunk
oasgomez is just being oasgomez. C'mon, enjoy the fun.  ;)

I would like to add that it could have been interesting to have tried the Herbert with two 4x12 cabs with greenbacks.  Maybe you can nail the perfect Plexi sound on Channel 2?  BTW, 180W is friggin' loud.

180w is loud? Man, I use my 100 w amp in gigs and the sound tech goes crazy if I go over past 12:00 in my volume. 100 watts for guitar is plenty, 180 watts is just plain insane... unless your planning to use it in an open arena, hehe

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2006, 12:25:12 AM »
yeah... 180 watts do seem a tad too much for a bedroom amp.  :lol:
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline markflo

« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2006, 12:35:13 AM »
Quote from: oasgomez
Sir Phil,

Just wondering, what to you is a great sound?

Have you A/Bed a Diezel Herbert versus a Carvin Legacy?

uh oh...spider sense tingling...i sense DANGER! galit sayo si papa phil niyan!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline extreme16199

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2006, 12:40:09 AM »
Quote from: Phil
6L6's are the same tube type as 5881's... 5881 number was just used because it used to be only available as a military tube...maybe there are differences in "current" or "voltage" with 6l6's but, so are all other 6l6 types naman are different with each other...

may switch ba ang fender para 5881/6l6gc to EL34?

wala..pero maybe use Yellow Jacket tube converter..magkaiba yung pins ng EL's sa 6L6's e. not sure how it will sound though.

the yellow jackets will not convert an amp with 6L6 tubes to EL34's, but to EL84's.

Offline markflo

« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2006, 12:41:16 AM »
not entirely true either...i have a GT 6L6GE and it's 25 watts. 5881 is just the industrial name for the 6L6...another name for it would be KT66...or in Mullard's case, when they came out with their version of 6L6...they called it the EL37...

Actually, 5881s and 6L6s are direct-drops, but 5881s are 25W tubes while 6L6's are 30W tubes.  My tube handbook says it.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline extreme16199

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2006, 12:47:17 AM »
Quote from: markflo
not entirely true either...i have a GT 6L6GE and it's 25 watts. 5881 is just the industrial name for the 6L6...another name for it would be KT66...or in Mullard's case, when they came out with their version of 6L6...they called it the EL37...

5881's, 6L6's, and KT66's, while generally interchangeable, are not one and the same.  from it's physical appearance alone, there is already a difference.  tonally, they also differ.

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2006, 12:52:15 AM »
Sir Phil,

uh oh...spider sense tingling...i sense DANGER! galit sayo si papa phil niyan!

Haha!!!

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2006, 12:58:24 AM »
Quote from: extreme16199

5881's, 6L6's, and KT66's, while generally interchangeable, are not one and the same.  from it's physical appearance alone, there is already a difference.  tonally, they also differ.

they are not one and the same.. yun nga! even different type of 6l6's are not one and the same... gets??

Offline markflo

« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2006, 12:58:45 AM »
of course, there are tonal & visual differences...even with 2 different branded 6L6's...there are always tonal & visual differences...

for example...the ECC83...another name for the 12ax7...but some would argue that ECC83's are more british sounding...therefore, different...thing is...that's what the british called their 12ax7's...so now, the name ECC83 name is associated with british/european tubes...

so, same thing...same family...different tonalities...

Quote from: extreme16199

Offline vinCe-uv7bk

« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2006, 01:02:36 AM »
anyways anyone try kustom amps?  :D

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2006, 01:04:53 AM »
ayun nahuli din ni MarkFlo...

extreme16199 wrote:
the yellow jackets will not convert an amp with 6L6 tubes to EL34's, but to EL84's.

oo nga pala.... 34's and 84's.nalito ako don..thanks for pointing it out.

Offline markflo

« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2006, 01:06:16 AM »
anyways anyone try kustom amps?  :D

yea, i tried a 100w full stack in the music shop that i teach in. ok naman siya...nice cleans...nice drive...i'd take it out on a gig if i could

Offline vinCe-uv7bk

« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2006, 01:10:42 AM »
waaaa.. i want on of those...  :? how much do they cost there?

Offline markflo

« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2006, 01:21:42 AM »
well, which kustom amp are you referring to? the one i tried was the quad gfx 100

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2006, 03:46:46 AM »
Sir Phil,

I'm a lead player ... great sound for me at the age I'm in is

.....the seering VIOLIN - like tone of Vai (smooth, creamy, fat and warm), Vinnie Moore(smooth and warm), and Satch.

I'm not into the high gain stuff........maybe 15 years ago.

....can't get my hands on a Diezel.....I'm keeping my eyes on a Bogner Ecstasy head though....2nd hand lang.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline markflo

« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2006, 03:54:55 AM »
Custom Audio! OD100 SH!

yahooo! i want!

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2006, 05:24:08 AM »
Spankyrigor,

Hetfield uses the VH4 but I cannot discount a possibility that they purchased a Herbert.