hulika

Author Topic: SIOCHI Pinoy Custom tube amps?  (Read 28838 times)

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: SIOCHI Pinoy Custom tube amps?
« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2012, 12:31:22 PM »
Just for the record. Please include yourself in the list if you are a proud owner and user of Siochi's amps.
You can also write in the list if you know who owned/used Siochi's amp who are not a forum member.
This will give others confidence in George's credibility as an amp designer/builder.  Also include the model of Siochi amp(s) you/they have owned or used. This will also serve as a lookup table of who owned/used and what model.
Thanks.

1. philaxeman -  Sunstream 112

There will always be criticism. Constructive or otherwise. Folks shouldn't get hung up on that. It's a good idea, philaxeman, that everyone should be encouraged to post their impressions if they had the chance to play or gig with these amps. Philmusic shouldn't be a forum of a few opinions, from a few select individuals.

So let it count. It wouldn't hurt to hear a few good things now and then. Never mind if the opinion gets undermined or challenged, you can always take the other guy's word with a grain (or boulder) of salt. Let critics critique, let fanboys praise, or let everyone have a hand at arguing or debating, but everyone gets a chance to be heard.

These amps deserve a fair shake. So for those who haven't posted yet and tried the amps, what do you think?
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline philaxeman

« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2012, 01:39:56 PM »
There will always be criticism. Constructive or otherwise. Folks shouldn't get hung up on that. It's a good idea, philaxeman, that everyone should be encouraged to post their impressions if they had the chance to play or gig with these amps. Philmusic shouldn't be a forum of a few opinions, from a few select individuals.

So let it count. It wouldn't hurt to hear a few good things now and then. Never mind if the opinion gets undermined or challenged, you can always take the other guy's word with a grain (or boulder) of salt. Let critics critique, let fanboys praise, or let everyone have a hand at arguing or debating, but everyone gets a chance to be heard.

These amps deserve a fair shake. So for those who haven't posted yet and tried the amps, what do you think?

Yes I agree with you.  I'm not in anyway try to discourage them to post their opinions. I just wanted everyone to know who already used/owned  Siochi amps. It's the same what MarkV did with his Shreadhead. He posted a list who uses it in his Shredhead thread. Same with some popular amps such as Peavey, Mesa Boogie, etc. They got lists of who uses their amps.

I have to quote this " If you think that SIOCHI makes good amps well then good.  Ilan na dito ang bumili?  In my opinion, there are indicators that he doesn't but then again who knows in the future when you change your amp again, he might get better. " -from a well-known forumer.

So a list of owners/users will be an indicator that Siochi makes good amps.  :)
"Doing a Bend without makin' a Face..... Is like Eatin' Food without Tastin' it" - Paul Gilbert

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2012, 08:08:38 AM »
So a list of owners/users will be an indicator that Siochi makes good amps.  :)

Have to disagree. Line 6 sold lotsa Spider amps, does that mean they're great amps? Ken Fischer sold very few amps, does that mean he made bad amps?

More accurate to average the feedback rating of ALL owners and those whove tested or listened to it thoroughly.  Even that isn't perfect (eg, Harmony Central or merchant site buyer reviews).

Offline TKTS

« Reply #153 on: April 21, 2012, 09:02:24 PM »
For those who've tried his amps in his place, which among amp models/designs were available for testing?
Quote from: Ron Kirn
In the world of lumber, heaver species typically mean a higher quality of lumber. it was the "junk" woods that are soft 'n light.

Offline jm the mute

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2012, 09:54:36 PM »
pagkakaalam ko, meron siya sa shop nung carinosa and kustombre.
"there is a fine line between art and mukhang T-A-N-G-A"

https://soundcloud.com/jm-the-mute

Offline TKTS

« Reply #155 on: April 21, 2012, 11:02:27 PM »
pagkakaalam ko, meron siya sa shop nung carinosa and kustombre.

Thanks for the info. Yun ba yung shop niya sa Marcelo Green Village?

Is it open to the public for walk-in customers or strictly by appointment lang?

Quote from: Ron Kirn
In the world of lumber, heaver species typically mean a higher quality of lumber. it was the "junk" woods that are soft 'n light.

Offline jm the mute

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #156 on: April 21, 2012, 11:41:30 PM »
Thanks for the info. Yun ba yung shop niya sa Marcelo Green Village?

Is it open to the public for walk-in customers or strictly by appointment lang?

bahay nya po yun. tawagan mo na lang muna siya  :)
"there is a fine line between art and mukhang T-A-N-G-A"

https://soundcloud.com/jm-the-mute

Offline vegettasaiyan

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #157 on: June 30, 2012, 05:47:14 PM »
fast forward to 2012

Siochi Amps Custom Lead GT

mga sir's/ma'am any idea po kun magkano ang model na ito either Amp Head lan or Combo?

Offline dextoi

« Reply #158 on: June 30, 2012, 07:19:33 PM »
after listening to Luis Isok on youtube, trip ko tong amp na to...  :drool:
looking for Line6 M5... thanks...

http://cedlibnews.blogspot.com

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #159 on: June 30, 2012, 07:49:09 PM »
very curious about this amps.. PTP rin ba to?

Offline dalandan

« Reply #160 on: June 30, 2012, 08:01:16 PM »
very curious about this amps.. PTP rin ba to?

no, he uses PCB. I have one of the first Carinosas. It shouldn't really matter if it's PTP. my two cents. :)

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #161 on: June 30, 2012, 08:22:39 PM »
no, he uses PCB. I have one of the first Carinosas. It shouldn't really matter if it's PTP. my two cents. :)

yeah just checking  :-D , really want to try the cariņosa  :drool:

Offline pualux

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #162 on: July 01, 2012, 03:30:06 AM »
may bagong users ba dito ng siochi or may bago ba siyang models inooffer?

Offline beancurd

« Reply #163 on: July 26, 2012, 02:15:05 AM »
hi folks! can anyone post the specs and price of the sunstream112 please? feedback would be really cool too, salamat!

i tried calling and texting mr. siochi guy, di naman sumasagot  =)
alahpeanutbuttersandwichezzz!!!

Offline philaxeman

« Reply #164 on: July 26, 2012, 11:13:52 AM »
hi folks! can anyone post the specs and price of the sunstream112 please? feedback would be really cool too, salamat!

i tried calling and texting mr. siochi guy, di naman sumasagot  =)

Hello bro beancurd. I already posted the specs of the Sunstream in the other thread. Paki check na lang. As for feedback, Sunstream 112 is a 15-18 watts high gain amp. The gain structure is similar to Soldano's flagship amp. I think its cathode-biased. It has that jangly chimey clean on the NORMAL channel and will drive the preamp when the gain knob is cranked.The OD channel is very crunchy and harmonics are easy to get. Think of it as a modded Marshall to SLO stuff. The mid knob is powerful from mid-scooped to mid boost setting. The tone knob IMO is similar to tone knobs found on pedals. Set it to noon and you have a balanced bass and treble. Setting it clockwise will bring the treble while counterclockwise will make the bass prominent. It's a foot-switchable two-channel amp with pentode/triode switch. Very nice and powerful features for a low-wattage amp. I own one. GOD BLESS.
"Doing a Bend without makin' a Face..... Is like Eatin' Food without Tastin' it" - Paul Gilbert

Offline beancurd

« Reply #165 on: July 28, 2012, 11:47:23 AM »
i'll be testing a Kustombre V22 soon hehe yahu!

Offline misskaren

« Reply #166 on: July 29, 2012, 05:54:09 PM »
what's the price range of that amps?

Offline nepenthe

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #167 on: July 29, 2012, 05:59:23 PM »
what's the price range of that amps?
hey bud. try reading the thread from the 1st page. or look for Siochi amps in Google/Facebook, not that hard actually.  :-P

ranges from 29 k up ata ang mga magagandang amp na to.

Offline beancurd

« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2012, 06:03:13 PM »
i just got the kustombre V22 today. ang gara sobra! using it at Route196 tonight. yahu! -- https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3970564535288&notif_t=mentions_comment

Offline freemansj

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2012, 06:23:36 PM »
i just got the kustombre V22 today. ang gara sobra! using it at Route196 tonight. yahu! -- https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3970564535288&notif_t=mentions_comment
  Nice!!!   :drool: :drool: :drool:

Offline philaxeman

« Reply #170 on: August 01, 2012, 09:33:45 AM »

I'm glad that you're now a proud owner of a Siochi amp. ENJOY!!! Nice video clip also. Can I share the link to the other thread?

Offline Mute

« Reply #171 on: August 01, 2012, 03:34:56 PM »
I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed before here.  Looks really neat!  Anyone tried yet?

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,128678.0.html

saw this Amp on youtube panalo to. and I saw one video where there was this guy from BLackwool na madaming SG, JM yung name nya, he was cute. hehehe
i willnot GROW OLD

Offline beancurd

« Reply #172 on: August 01, 2012, 04:27:44 PM »
share away sir. salamat!

I'm glad that you're now a proud owner of a Siochi amp. ENJOY!!! Nice video clip also. Can I share the link to the other thread?

Offline beancurd

« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2012, 04:37:07 PM »
i used my Kustombre V22 by Siochi Amps last night. my band Peryodiko played at Route196. it wasn't mic'd in (maliit naman lugar) at nasa tabi sya ng drum kit but it cut very clearly. ang ganda sobra  =)

then Kakoy Legaspi used the amp after in his instrumental band NGAK. you guys should see what he can do with that amp. it was ridiculous hahahaha

Offline freemansj

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #174 on: August 01, 2012, 04:37:55 PM »
i used my Kustombre V22 by Siochi Amps last night. my band Peryodiko played at Route196. it wasn't mic'd in (maliit naman lugar) at nasa tabi sya ng drum kit but it cut very clearly. ang ganda sobra  =)

then Kakoy Legaspi used the amp after in his instrumental band NGAK. you guys should see what he can do with that amp. it was ridiculous hahahaha

May bidyo ba tayo dyan, sir?   :-D